Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

Will he ever apologize to the many groups he insulted during the campaign he will not be a true leader unless he does and brings the country together !

It would be way too little too late IMO. At this point, an apology would just be a form of pandering. I think it's irrelevant.
    It is irrelevant and he shouldn't do it. Don't try to chase the Americans who will never except him anyways. His apology won't make Jose a supporter he shouldn't bother. His base is tired of having to apologize for speaking their minds. They understand.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

As expected Trump is not going to seek prosecution of Hillary. As expected Trump is not going to fully get rid of Obamacare. I'm also expecting he won't put together a Muslim registry, or deport 11 million illegals, or try get rid of Roe V. Wade.

I think most people realized it was all just talk. I'm not saying it is right that you blatantly lie to the public like that, but I think a good portion of Trump's voters were smart enough to know he was never going to do many of the extreme things he said on the campaign trail. So when 60 million people are called dumb and idiots, I don't that is appropriate. I think they didn't like Hillary, and they expected Trump to take some of the issues like illegal immigration, proper vetting of refugees, and trade a little more seriously (but not to the extreme).

I think if Romney is appointed SOS that it will be a good sign. Romney is not going to agree to join an administration where they deport 11 million people and put a registry together.

sorry but you would have to be pretty ignorant to "know" someone was lying about that stuff and still vote for them
    Maybe. Many people such as myself always said Trump was making it up as he was going along. He still is. I know that he is not an ideologue and isn't actually stuck to any particular position. It was never about that for me and/or many others. I have said that he is full of shit and I would support him on a high risk potential for more of upside. What that means is one hopes that he looks at every issue on a case by case basis and makes decison based on what works without being married to any set positions. This is the potential of a business person president...try things...use what works...cast aside what doesn't. His supporters get that and they also get that this could fail miserably but it is better then a continuation of the status quo.
    maybe some of his supporters get that, but the ones chanting "lock her up" and "deport them all" clearly didn't get the memo.

this guy is so easily swayed by simple one on one conversations, it's laughable.
    Nobody knows that yet. Judgements are being made far too soon.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Will he ever apologize to the many groups he insulted during the campaign he will not be a true leader unless he does and brings the country together !

It would be way too little too late IMO. At this point, an apology would just be a form of pandering. I think it's irrelevant.
    It is irrelevant and he shouldn't do it. Don't try to chase the Americans who will never except him anyways. His apology won't make Jose a supporter he shouldn't bother. His base is tired of having to apologize for speaking their minds. They understand.
    Really his base is tired of apologizing so he spoke his mind which happens to have racist tendencies oh ok all good if that's what you like in the person that will represent you , I for one don't want a deplorable representing me ! You're correct I'll never support this Bafoon..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,045
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

As expected Trump is not going to seek prosecution of Hillary. As expected Trump is not going to fully get rid of Obamacare. I'm also expecting he won't put together a Muslim registry, or deport 11 million illegals, or try get rid of Roe V. Wade.

I think most people realized it was all just talk. I'm not saying it is right that you blatantly lie to the public like that, but I think a good portion of Trump's voters were smart enough to know he was never going to do many of the extreme things he said on the campaign trail. So when 60 million people are called dumb and idiots, I don't that is appropriate. I think they didn't like Hillary, and they expected Trump to take some of the issues like illegal immigration, proper vetting of refugees, and trade a little more seriously (but not to the extreme).

I think if Romney is appointed SOS that it will be a good sign. Romney is not going to agree to join an administration where they deport 11 million people and put a registry together.

sorry but you would have to be pretty ignorant to "know" someone was lying about that stuff and still vote for them
    Maybe. Many people such as myself always said Trump was making it up as he was going along. He still is. I know that he is not an ideologue and isn't actually stuck to any particular position. It was never about that for me and/or many others. I have said that he is full of shit and I would support him on a high risk potential for more of upside. What that means is one hopes that he looks at every issue on a case by case basis and makes decison based on what works without being married to any set positions. This is the potential of a business person president...try things...use what works...cast aside what doesn't. His supporters get that and they also get that this could fail miserably but it is better then a continuation of the status quo.
    maybe some of his supporters get that, but the ones chanting "lock her up" and "deport them all" clearly didn't get the memo.

this guy is so easily swayed by simple one on one conversations, it's laughable.
    no they aren't. what I've said here is based on his platform vs his flip flops on those very items after having a conversation with one or two people.

waterboarding/torture: On the issue of torture, specifically waterboarding, Trump suggested that he’s changed his mind on its usefulness after speaking with retired Gen. James Mattis, a man who could be the next Secretary of Defense.“General Mattis found it to be very less important, much less important than I thought he would say. I thought he would say — you know he’s known as Mad Dog Mattis, right? Mad Dog for a reason. I thought he’d say ‘It’s phenomenal, don’t lose it.’ He actually said, ‘No, give me some cigarettes and some drinks, and we’ll do better,’” Trump said.Trump had said while campaigning that he’d bring back interrogation techniques “a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.” He said that, “It works. And if it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway for what they do to us.”

obamacare: he spoke to Obama and did a complete 180 on it

and those are just two, from the last week.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Trump also got the vasy majority of conservative Christians voting on the single issue of anti-abortion. Several of which I'm still in contact with from my hometown in the Midwest. I'm still trying to understand their logic after my initial "have you lost you freaking mind" reaction. There would be no other trump flip flop I would love more than if he said "you know, Roe v Wade is just fine, let's keep it. Smart people, those judges. Really smart"

I don't think Trump is anti-choice, but I do think that he doesn't give a shit about anybody and would still be fine with allowing Roe v Wade to be overturned if he thought it would advance his own position. Basically, his actual beliefs are completely meaningless. His actions as president will have absolutely nothing to do with them, or with what may be right or wrong. The guy has no moral code.
    Roe vs Wade being overturned isn't something that a President "allows" or doesn't "allow". The President appoints judges who then decide based on the law. Trump was one of the few candidates who spoke positively about Planned Parenthood but he also spoke negatively about abortion. He will probably appoint a judge from his list but even that isn't a guarantee and there is no guarantee that the judge he appoints will vote to overturn Roe.
    Yeah, I know how it works.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,727
    One of those leaders where whoever they talk to last has the most influence. We probably know some of those types of people.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

Mike Pence and Paul Ryan would like to take this opportuinty to say a word about the diversity within the GOP
    Waldo was easier to find

A picture of every member of the 10 Club would look just as diverse.
    WTF. Does. That. Have. Anything. To do with leading a nation and fairly?

Are you suggesting the people in that picture can't lead a nation fairly based on their skin colour? You sound like Trump criticizing Judge Curiel.
    Holy fuck, are you seriously not understanding that the government should adequately represent those it governs??? That is also the reason women need to be better represented in government. Jesus, how can you have a problem with that?? White men don't fully understand or relate to a lot of issues that are experienced by women, people of other ethnicities, etc. Obviously. Government is not the same as being a judge either, FFS. Politicians need to really understand the specific issues that effect various different demographics, and the best way to understand the issues is to be part of that demographic. DUH. It's the same reason it's a real problem that most people in government are rich.
    I suspect you are just playing devil's advocate here, right?? Or do you just like to be a contrarian?
    Did I say I have a problem with that? People in that picture got elected and swore an oath and you are suggesting that they are inherently biased and can't do the job based on the colour of their skin. When Trump said that it was outrageous...you are no better. Second, take a close look at those pictures again...almost half of the people are females.
    When did I say they are all inherently biased? I said that they can't fully represent a diverse population because they don't hold the knowledge and understanding that is required to do so. That isn't bias. That's ignorance (not that some of them aren't biased... I'm sure several of them are that too, but that isn't a given just because they are white or white men. It's because some of them are also bigots, men and women alike. If you think there aren't any bigots in the GOP, joke's on you). Take another look at the picture with Pence. There are maybe 6 women there, and they were all brought up to the front to try and make it look like there were more women than there really are. But at any rate, I was talking about overall diversity, not the balance of men vs women (which we both know is completely uneven - that is a matter of fact, not opinion).
    Diversity of thought is all that matter.
    Diversity of thought? Well that doesn't exist in the GOP. And it couldn't, even if the GOP were interested in such a thing. "Diversity of thought" can't exist when the people in question have no frame of reference to be able to represent various groups of people. That is why diversity in government is so important.
    Seriously, how can you advocate for a lack of diversity in government in good conscience?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, bigots understand it when fellow bigots express their prejudicial views and then get a response from others on it, often wanting an apology. These new adult expectations are going to be hard on trump.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speaking their minds? Trump mocking a disabled person, committing fraud, and sexually assaulting women is something you want to defend now?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

no they aren't. what I've said here is based on his platform vs his flip flops on those very items after having a conversation with one or two people.

waterboarding/torture: On the issue of torture, specifically waterboarding, Trump suggested that he’s changed his mind on its usefulness after speaking with retired Gen. James Mattis, a man who could be the next Secretary of Defense.“General Mattis found it to be very less important, much less important than I thought he would say. I thought he would say — you know he’s known as Mad Dog Mattis, right? Mad Dog for a reason. I thought he’d say ‘It’s phenomenal, don’t lose it.’ He actually said, ‘No, give me some cigarettes and some drinks, and we’ll do better,’” Trump said.Trump had said while campaigning that he’d bring back interrogation techniques “a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.” He said that, “It works. And if it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway for what they do to us.”

obamacare: he spoke to Obama and did a complete 180 on it

and those are just two, from the last week.
    And he claimed he was smarter than the generals.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

yeah, my brother told me he is sick and tired of being called a bigot for saying homosexuals will go to hell.

he understands too.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

yeah, my brother told me he is sick and tired of being called a bigot for saying homosexuals will go to hell.

he understands too.
    Lol no doubt he spoke his mind though that's what people like lol
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

he understands too.
    image People can be so stupid.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

he understands too.
    Which is essentially the chord trump struck with a lot of his voters, which are a lot if white people holding on to bigoted beliefs rooted in fear and ignorance. These beliefs don't mesh with a society that's more and more multicultural and egalitarian, and they feel that struggle that they're out of place. Trump validated this fear and ignorance and made a campaign slogan out of it that said basically if you vote for me, we'll go back in time.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    You know I'm starting to see it because everyone here knows damn well that Bafoon would of done the same crap had he lost !
  • Options
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,488
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

Mike Pence and Paul Ryan would like to take this opportuinty to say a word about the diversity within the GOP
    Waldo was easier to find

Are you suggesting the people in that picture can't lead a nation fairly based on their skin colour? You sound like Trump criticizing Judge Curiel.
    Holy fuck, are you seriously not understanding that the government should adequately represent those it governs??? That is also the reason women need to be better represented in government. Jesus, how can you have a problem with that?? White men don't fully understand or relate to a lot of issues that are experienced by women, people of other ethnicities, etc. Obviously. Government is not the same as being a judge either, FFS. Politicians need to really understand the specific issues that effect various different demographics, and the best way to understand the issues is to be part of that demographic. DUH. It's the same reason it's a real problem that most people in government are rich.
    I suspect you are just playing devil's advocate here, right?? Or do you just like to be a contrarian?
    Did I say I have a problem with that? People in that picture got elected and swore an oath and you are suggesting that they are inherently biased and can't do the job based on the colour of their skin. When Trump said that it was outrageous...you are no better. Second, take a close look at those pictures again...almost half of the people are females.
    When did I say they are all inherently biased? I said that they can't fully represent a diverse population because they don't hold the knowledge and understanding that is required to do so. That isn't bias. That's ignorance (not that some of them aren't biased... I'm sure several of them are that too, but that isn't a given just because they are white or white men. It's because some of them are also bigots, men and women alike. If you think there aren't any bigots in the GOP, joke's on you). Take another look at the picture with Pence. There are maybe 6 women there, and they were all brought up to the front to try and make it look like there were more women than there really are. But at any rate, I was talking about overall diversity, not the balance of men vs women (which we both know is completely uneven - that is a matter of fact, not opinion).
    Diversity of thought? Well that doesn't exist in the GOP. And it couldn't, even if the GOP were interested in such a thing. "Diversity of thought" can't exist when the people in question have no frame of reference to be able to represent various groups of people. That is why diversity in government is so important.
    Seriously, how can you advocate for a lack of diversity in government in good conscience?
    I'm not sure that anyone's advocating for a lack of diversity in government, however the idea of setting quotas for ELECTED officials based on skin colour, religion or any other "qualification" is a bit of a slippery slope (borderline reverse racism/sexism, in my opinion). Couldn't these same officials gain the necessary insight from consulting with their constituents (something I admit doesn't seem to happen near enough, it generally seems to be the constituents reach out to their representative instead of the other way around)?

"Whadda ya gonna say, but Ole?" is something that's been running through my head since we elected a lightweight Prime Minister here north of the border (yes, another dreaded Canadian chiming in here, lol), seems a train of thought many here would benefit from adopting (while maintaining vigilance for actual misdeeds, as opposed to all the allegations being thrown around here).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I don't believe in the slippery slope theory. That whole argument (that came up when Trudeau ensured gender equality in the House) is absolute garbage IMO.
  • Options
    there shouldn't be quotas on elected officials. that makes no sense. "ok, mr smith, you won, but we need a black dude, so mr johnson, the seat is yours".

that GOP picture just goes to show, though, how few minority members/supporters they most likely have if they have no representatives.

but I believe, if officials are appointed by those elected, the appointees should have varying backgrounds/genders/ethnicities. to me it just makes sense.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

Waldo was easier to find

I'm not sure that anyone's advocating for a lack of diversity in government, however the idea of setting quotas for ELECTED officials based on skin colour, religion or any other "qualification" is a bit of a slippery slope (borderline reverse racism/sexism, in my opinion). Couldn't these same officials gain the necessary insight from consulting with their constituents (something I admit doesn't seem to happen near enough, it generally seems to be the constituents reach out to their representative instead of the other way around)?

"Whadda ya gonna say, but Ole?" is something that's been running through my head since we elected a lightweight Prime Minister here north of the border (yes, another dreaded Canadian chiming in here, lol), seems a train of thought many here would benefit from adopting (while maintaining vigilance for actual misdeeds, as opposed to all the allegations being thrown around here).
    how is trudeau a "lightweight"?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

vaggar99 said:
    You know I'm starting to see it because everyone here knows damn well that Bafoon would of done the same crap had he lost !
    probably not. cuz, it would have shown that he would have lost by a lot more.
  • Options
    ^^^Not only is there electronic fraud occuring, votes could literally be thrown in the dumpster.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    Here is the transcript of President-elect Trumps NY Times interview.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview-transcript.html?_r=0
    It explains a lot on his upcoming policies and what he thinks.
    A lot of answers provided.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,488

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

Waldo was easier to find

how is trudeau a "lightweight"?
    This is just my opinion, but his qualifications prior to being elected an MP left much to be desired, and some of his behaviour as an MP was questionable as well (calling another MP a piece of shit in the House Of Commons, I think it was). Stood next to Trump (to keep it on-topic, lol), Trump is far more qualified to run a country compared to Trudeau Jr., based on real-world experience (admittedly, they're both essentially trust-fund babies, and not getting into the successes and failures of Trump's various businesses).

Again, all just my opinion, as someone who generally will vote Conservative. I accept it's not the majority view (especially on these boards, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options

Here is the transcript of President-elect Trumps NY Times interview.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview-transcript.html?_r=0
    It explains a lot on his upcoming policies and what he thinks.
    A lot of answers provided.

so disgusted. I'm not done reading it yet, but this made me want to barf:

JAMES BENNET, editorial page editor: When you say an open mind, you mean you’re just not sure whether human activity causes climate change? Do you think human activity is or isn’t connected?

TRUMP: I think right now … well, I think there is some connectivity. There is some, something. It depends on how much. It also depends on how much it’s going to cost our companies. You have to understand, our companies are noncompetitive right now.

he put it right there in black and white. money comes before climate.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^climate is so far down the list of how fucked this guy is
  • Options
    ^^^
    The campaign was never run on the environment.
  • Options
    Anderson Cooper/ Megan Kelly Interview. This is some frightening shit
    https://youtu.be/BjvbEpDoyfI
  • Options
    I just wish he could learn to speak in full sentences. Do that first and then he might be able to tackle things like science and math later. Just like how we teach kids in grade school.
This discussion has been closed.