Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    edited November 2016

there shouldn't be quotas on elected officials. that makes no sense. "ok, mr smith, you won, but we need a black dude, so mr johnson, the seat is yours".

that GOP picture just goes to show, though, how few minority members/supporters they most likely have if they have no representatives.

but I believe, if officials are appointed by those elected, the appointees should have varying backgrounds/genders/ethnicities. to me it just makes sense.

But that isn't how better equality is reached in government and you know it. I found it insanely insulting when people tried to suggest this was happening when Trudeau made sure more women were in his cabinet. As though men who were better than the women were left out just because they were men. Total bullshit, because those women were clearly just as or more qualified than any male candidates that were available. The ASSUMPTION that more qualified people would be left out if you don't go with white men is ridiculous. It is also ridiculous to suppose that more equal representation of different groups in government isn't a positive thing. We're not talking about affirmative action here. We're talking about making sure that the diverse citizens are well-represented. Why some seem to think those two things are the same is beyond me. (this has strayed from who are the elected officials for the GOP to cabinet selection though, as you mentioned). That the voted officials are all white in the GOP just shows that the GOP only serves white people. If that weren't true, then there would be more non-white people running for the GOP, and more non-white people voting for them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

I just wish he could learn to speak in full sentences. Do that first and then he might be able to tackle things like science and math later. Just like how we teach kids in grade school.

who ESP?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743

^^^
    The campaign was never run on the environment.

On the contrary. It was run partly on the premise that the environment crisis is a scam.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    All issues went out the door when pgate happened. Now we have election fraud to contend with. ESP is a non president until then.
  • Options
    I wonder what the Christmas greeting and speech from President-elect Trump will be like this year?
    From his family to all of yours I'll bet they will wish you all a very merry Christmas.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728
    vaggar99 said:

I just wish he could learn to speak in full sentences. Do that first and then he might be able to tackle things like science and math later. Just like how we teach kids in grade school.

who ESP?
    Yes, the trump
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

This. This . THIS!!!

Jeebus learn how to speak like an adult for shit's sake!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I like how in our lifetime we will have all experienced the President-elect Trump effect.
    His passion to resonate w/ all is astounding.
    The entire planet can't stop talking about President-elect Trump.
    Ha.
  • Options

I like how in our lifetime we will have all experienced the President-elect Trump effect.
    His passion to resonate w/ all is astounding.
    The entire planet can't stop talking about President-elect Trump.
    Ha.

That's not necessarily a good thing.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Good or bad it's still true.
  • Options
    ^^I still don't know where you stand on this guy
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

As expected Trump is not going to seek prosecution of Hillary. As expected Trump is not going to fully get rid of Obamacare. I'm also expecting he won't put together a Muslim registry, or deport 11 million illegals, or try get rid of Roe V. Wade.

I think most people realized it was all just talk. I'm not saying it is right that you blatantly lie to the public like that, but I think a good portion of Trump's voters were smart enough to know he was never going to do many of the extreme things he said on the campaign trail. So when 60 million people are called dumb and idiots, I don't that is appropriate. I think they didn't like Hillary, and they expected Trump to take some of the issues like illegal immigration, proper vetting of refugees, and trade a little more seriously (but not to the extreme).

I think if Romney is appointed SOS that it will be a good sign. Romney is not going to agree to join an administration where they deport 11 million people and put a registry together.

sorry but you would have to be pretty ignorant to "know" someone was lying about that stuff and still vote for them
    Maybe. Many people such as myself always said Trump was making it up as he was going along. He still is. I know that he is not an ideologue and isn't actually stuck to any particular position. It was never about that for me and/or many others. I have said that he is full of shit and I would support him on a high risk potential for more of upside. What that means is one hopes that he looks at every issue on a case by case basis and makes decison based on what works without being married to any set positions. This is the potential of a business person president...try things...use what works...cast aside what doesn't. His supporters get that and they also get that this could fail miserably but it is better then a continuation of the status quo.
    maybe some of his supporters get that, but the ones chanting "lock her up" and "deport them all" clearly didn't get the memo.

this guy is so easily swayed by simple one on one conversations, it's laughable.
    Nobody knows that yet. Judgements are being made far too soon.
    no they aren't. what I've said here is based on his platform vs his flip flops on those very items after having a conversation with one or two people.

waterboarding/torture: On the issue of torture, specifically waterboarding, Trump suggested that he’s changed his mind on its usefulness after speaking with retired Gen. James Mattis, a man who could be the next Secretary of Defense.“General Mattis found it to be very less important, much less important than I thought he would say. I thought he would say — you know he’s known as Mad Dog Mattis, right? Mad Dog for a reason. I thought he’d say ‘It’s phenomenal, don’t lose it.’ He actually said, ‘No, give me some cigarettes and some drinks, and we’ll do better,’” Trump said.Trump had said while campaigning that he’d bring back interrogation techniques “a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.” He said that, “It works. And if it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway for what they do to us.”

obamacare: he spoke to Obama and did a complete 180 on it

and those are just two, from the last week.
    You are correct that he has said these things but nobody has seen actually policy. That is where rubber meets the road. I don't judge the daily Trump statement because they are meaningless. The man is still figuring it out as he goes along. Once policy is made judge away.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

Mike Pence and Paul Ryan would like to take this opportuinty to say a word about the diversity within the GOP
    Waldo was easier to find

A picture of every member of the 10 Club would look just as diverse.
    WTF. Does. That. Have. Anything. To do with leading a nation and fairly?

Are you suggesting the people in that picture can't lead a nation fairly based on their skin colour? You sound like Trump criticizing Judge Curiel.
    Holy fuck, are you seriously not understanding that the government should adequately represent those it governs??? That is also the reason women need to be better represented in government. Jesus, how can you have a problem with that?? White men don't fully understand or relate to a lot of issues that are experienced by women, people of other ethnicities, etc. Obviously. Government is not the same as being a judge either, FFS. Politicians need to really understand the specific issues that effect various different demographics, and the best way to understand the issues is to be part of that demographic. DUH. It's the same reason it's a real problem that most people in government are rich.
    I suspect you are just playing devil's advocate here, right?? Or do you just like to be a contrarian?
    Did I say I have a problem with that? People in that picture got elected and swore an oath and you are suggesting that they are inherently biased and can't do the job based on the colour of their skin. When Trump said that it was outrageous...you are no better. Second, take a close look at those pictures again...almost half of the people are females.
    When did I say they are all inherently biased? I said that they can't fully represent a diverse population because they don't hold the knowledge and understanding that is required to do so. That isn't bias. That's ignorance (not that some of them aren't biased... I'm sure several of them are that too, but that isn't a given just because they are white or white men. It's because some of them are also bigots, men and women alike. If you think there aren't any bigots in the GOP, joke's on you). Take another look at the picture with Pence. There are maybe 6 women there, and they were all brought up to the front to try and make it look like there were more women than there really are. But at any rate, I was talking about overall diversity, not the balance of men vs women (which we both know is completely uneven - that is a matter of fact, not opinion).
    Diversity of thought is all that matter.
    Diversity of thought? Well that doesn't exist in the GOP. And it couldn't, even if the GOP were interested in such a thing. "Diversity of thought" can't exist when the people in question have no frame of reference to be able to represent various groups of people. That is why diversity in government is so important.
    Seriously, how can you advocate for a lack of diversity in government in good conscience?
    How can you suggest that is what I am advocating? I am telling you not to judge by a photo...that is not advocating for a lack of diversity. Either way just today Trump nominated two women on of who is of Indian descent in addition to an African American. Governor Haley was also a big critic of Trump so you are also getting diversity of thought along with the diversity in appearance that you so desire.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Will he ever apologize to the many groups he insulted during the campaign he will not be a true leader unless he does and brings the country together !

It would be way too little too late IMO. At this point, an apology would just be a form of pandering. I think it's irrelevant.
    It is irrelevant and he shouldn't do it. Don't try to chase the Americans who will never except him anyways. His apology won't make Jose a supporter he shouldn't bother. His base is tired of having to apologize for speaking their minds. They understand.
    Speaking their minds? Trump mocking a disabled person, committing fraud, and sexually assaulting women is something you want to defend now?
    Nope.
  • Options

My Gawd he stammers like an idiot doesn't he?

If the guy hadn't been born with the silver spoon... he'd have been a greasy, used car salesman in a shady lot somewhere (no offence to any greasy, used car salesman around here).

To the recent conversation... if his flip flopping on issues isn't the slightest bit disconcerting to the faithful (BS et al)... I don't know if anything ever could be for you folks.

He's absolutely not prepared for the task he's been elected to perform. Most could see that a long time ago.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    Again TB,
    Tried to pull some sense of this but couldn't.
    You flip flopped about the greasy used car salesman.
    I am one, but not greasy.
    President-elect Trump is the middleman.
  • Options

^^^
    Again TB,
    Tried to pull some sense of this but couldn't.
    You flip flopped about the greasy used car salesman.
    I am one, but not greasy.
    President-elect Trump is the middleman.

You wouldn't be able to make sense of that, Fan.

And I'm not sure what you mean by flip flopped about the greasy used car salesman? I never flip flopped at all.

Maybe re-read? I dunno.
  • Options

If the guy hadn't been born with the silver spoon... he'd have been a greasy, used car salesman in a shady lot somewhere (no offence to any greasy, used car salesman around here).

To the recent conversation... if his flip flopping on issues isn't the slightest bit disconcerting to the faithful (BS et al)... I don't know if anything ever could be for you folks.

He's absolutely not prepared for the task he's been elected to perform. Most could see that a long time ago.
    I'm not sure if I'm the "faithful" as I never had faith in him to begin with. Nobody on here is paying attention to why he was voted in and what he will therefore be judged on. At some point all of you who have been wrong about everything for so long might want to star paying attention to those who were right.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

I'm not sure if I'm the "faithful" as I never had faith in him to begin with. Nobody on here is paying attention to why he was voted in and what he will therefore be judged on. At some point all of you who have been wrong about everything for so long might want to star paying attention to those who were right.
    Lol

Seriously?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Lol

Seriously?
    Yes. This is essentially a group of people who said he would never get elected still repeating the same blather over and over again. You don't understand why he was elected and you don't understand what his voters are looking for. You are measuring him against an old template that the public just doesn't give a shit about anymore. In due time the man will either succeed or fail and he will face judgement when that time comes.
  • Options
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/chinese-billionaire-revives-closed-ohio-gm-plant-creates-3000-jobs/ar-AAkEtV6?li=AA54rW&ocid=spartandhp
    Axelrod asked Reid what his message would be to Trump about Chinese businessmen in the U.S.
    “Just give them a try,” Reid said.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Lol

Seriously?
    Yes. This is essentially a group of people who said he would never get elected still repeating the same blather over and over again. You don't understand why he was elected and you don't understand what his voters are looking for. You are measuring him against an old template that the public just doesn't give a shit about anymore. In due time the man will either succeed or fail and he will face judgement when that time comes.
    The reasons you offer only speak to a portion of his supporters: the majority of his supporters are not outraged opponents of the establishment. You keep blathering on about it- insisting people around here don't understand what you are insisting, but the fact is people do get that bloc of voters. They also acknowledge the obvious... which you consistently fail to do: the majority of his support came from simple folk that loved the idea of a wall... loved turning up the heat on Muslims... wanted to make America great again... feared Hillary through successful smear campaigning... etc.

The people that said he'd never get elected sorely under appreciated the level of stupidity and racism in the US.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Lol

Seriously?
    The reasons you offer only speak to a portion of his supporters: the majority of his supporters are not outraged opponents of the establishment. You keep blathering on about it- insisting people around here don't understand what you are insisting, but the fact is people do get that bloc of voters. They also acknowledge the obvious... which you consistently fail to do: the majority of his support came from simple folk that loved the idea of a wall... loved turning up the heat on Muslims... wanted to make America great again... feared Hillary through successful smear campaigning... etc.

The people that said he'd never get elected sorely under appreciated the level of stupidity and racism in the US.
    As someone who lives in a rustbelt county with 74% voter turnout and a 70% Trump victory, I am verifying this to be an accurate assessment.

I don't understand why you think you have a finger on the pulse of the American electorate in a way that those of us who live in Trump country don't BS.
    The people you are making these valiant claims upon are apolitical or altogether ignorant. People with Benghazi signs in their yard, still to this day. People who say words like "raghead" and "sand n***er" and fear the end of the white race. The part you don't grasp is that this sort of ignorance isn't just a blue collar phenomenon, it is pervasive. The rotary club is the biggest bunch of racists and deplorables in the county, and they run the damn county! They lie, cheat, and steal in Trump fashion, but because they do it for profit in a right-wing way, it somehow makes them feel superior to the Clinton corruption which they would embrace amongst themselves.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

If basis of calling trump racist is that trump at 27 along with his father settled a lawsuit about not renting to blacks, then that is a really really really bigly bigly bigly weak argument!
    Serious, is there anything else? Like more concrete or more recent?

Why don't you lay out your requirements for determining if someone's racist, first?
    Circular logic?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

If basis of calling trump racist is that trump at 27 along with his father settled a lawsuit about not renting to blacks, then that is a really really really bigly bigly bigly weak argument!
    Serious, is there anything else? Like more concrete or more recent?

Why don't you lay out your requirements for determining if someone's racist, first?
    That's your retort rebuttal?
    Retort rebuttal? Confusion befuddle?

I'm more interested in people's resistance to acknowledging and discussing racism at this point, which is what you're doing. Trump's racism has been outlined in this thread. You're obviously not wanting to look at how racism applies to trump. Why is that?
    Goal post moving?
  • Options
    How to know if you are racist:
    wikihow.com/Tell-if-You-Are-a-Racist
  • Options
    What happens when you criticize ESP
    https://youtu.be/xHgehfLmwIA
  • Options
    SNL Weekend Update
    https://youtu.be/gFi3RGq9HFo
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    somebody just sent me a warning about creating threads relating to ESP. The person claims that mods will shut me down. Mods if you see this: go ahead. shut down my threads. show the PJ community that you and the band are fascists just like ESP. Do it. As if that $40 a year for the right to use this board and a shirt that never fits is so awesome.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    The way the ESP and his people use a smart woman like Kayleigh McEnany to perpetuate their sick agenda is insidious. its unforgivable
    https://youtu.be/4bayh_c-wuI
    https://youtu.be/fvkCmHn5Jlg
    https://youtu.be/U2OfjfEzK44
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
This discussion has been closed.