Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,903
    so hillary is a liar...."don't elect a LIAR".....trump supporters were "smart enough to know" he was lying to them......but since he was lying about all the "bad things" he was going to do, which many of his supporters supported, that's supposed to be a positive?

what the fuck kind of twisted logic and apologetic nonsense is that?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    Trump also got the vasy majority of conservative Christians voting on the single issue of anti-abortion. Several of which I'm still in contact with from my hometown in the Midwest. I'm still trying to understand their logic after my initial "have you lost you freaking mind" reaction. There would be no other trump flip flop I would love more than if he said "you know, Roe v Wade is just fine, let's keep it. Smart people, those judges. Really smart"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited November 2016

Trump also got the vasy majority of conservative Christians voting on the single issue of anti-abortion. Several of which I'm still in contact with from my hometown in the Midwest. I'm still trying to understand their logic after my initial "have you lost you freaking mind" reaction. There would be no other trump flip flop I would love more than if he said "you know, Roe v Wade is just fine, let's keep it. Smart people, those judges. Really smart"

I don't think Trump is anti-choice, but I do think that he doesn't give a shit about anybody and would still be fine with allowing Roe v Wade to be overturned if he thought it would advance his own position. Basically, his actual beliefs are completely meaningless. His actions as president will have absolutely nothing to do with them, or with what may be right or wrong. The guy has no moral code.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think Trump is anti-choice, but I do think that he doesn't give a shit about anybody and would still be fine with allowing Roe v Wade to be overturned if he thought it would advance his own position. Basically, his actual beliefs are completely meaningless. His actions as president will have absolutely nothing to do with them, or with what may be right or wrong. The guy has no moral code.
    agreed. that's why he wouldn't answer the question.

"I'll leave it up to the states to decide".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,797

so hillary is a liar...."don't elect a LIAR".....trump supporters were "smart enough to know" he was lying to them......but since he was lying about all the "bad things" he was going to do, which many of his supporters supported, that's supposed to be a positive?

it's the logic of someone coming to terms with the fact that they just got conned
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

I had this argument with sister. She's been brain washed by her husband into this thought process. He's a brilliant guy and a die hard ESP supporter. He's also incredibly bigoted towards blacks. A master manipulator can make you believe anything. Strange times we live in.
    You will almost never get anywhere with the he's a liar argument.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

it's the logic of someone coming to terms with the fact that they just got conned
    More like NOT coming to terms with it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    build the wall! Build the wall! That was the loud and obnoxious chant my sister in law got on the phone from her when asked 'mom, I thought you always told us to be strong women and stand up for our rights and now you go and vote for a known pedophile?'

No words
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832

Creationist Jerry Falwell Jr as Sec of Education?? Bahahahahaha. Gear up for 2020, folks. The dems could put up a monkey and he'll get 90% of the vote. Trump is single handedly destroying the right. And they dont even fucking know it.

That's what we thought this time, too.

Given what most of his voters think about Education, Creation, and Religion, this won't hurt him.

If he runs in four years, someone will challenge him in the GOP primaries, but if he gets by that, well, who the Dems have on their not-so-deep bench?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Creationist Jerry Falwell Jr as Sec of Education?? Bahahahahaha. Gear up for 2020, folks. The dems could put up a monkey and he'll get 90% of the vote. Trump is single handedly destroying the right. And they dont even fucking know it.

Given what most of his voters think about Education, Creation, and Religion, this won't hurt him.

If he runs in four years, someone will challenge him in the GOP primaries, but if he gets by that, well, who the Dems have on their not-so-deep bench?
    but I think if the pendulum swings too far to the right during his 4 years, and make no mistake, his appointments are CRAZY RIGHT WING, this might wake up a lot of those non voters. if it doesn't, nothing will.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,832

OnWis97 said:

but I think if the pendulum swings too far to the right during his 4 years, and make no mistake, his appointments are CRAZY RIGHT WING, this might wake up a lot of those non voters. if it doesn't, nothing will.
    The key for the Democrats is getting someone that energizes the people that stayed home. "Trump is scary" did not do it. People vote "for" someone and not "against" them. Trump had roughly the same number of votes as Bush (2004), McCain, and Romney. Hillary had the same number as Kerry. Obama, on the other hand had about 7,000,000 more than Kerry/Hillary. Obama energized people with his message and his charisma. That's what the Dems will need in four years. Right now I have no clue who that person is but I suppose I did not have any idea that Obama would fill this role at this time in 2004. Putting Jerry Falwell Jr., or Steve Bannon, or David Fucking Duke will not be enough to cost him in 2020. Voting against that won't get people out. The Dems need an Obama-like force. Maybe that will happen. They don't appear to have a deep bench but a lot can happen in the next couple years for someone to rise to the top.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    Yes, but will the trains run on time?!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

The key for the Democrats is getting someone that energizes the people that stayed home. "Trump is scary" did not do it. People vote "for" someone and not "against" them. Trump had roughly the same number of votes as Bush (2004), McCain, and Romney. Hillary had the same number as Kerry. Obama, on the other hand had about 7,000,000 more than Kerry/Hillary. Obama energized people with his message and his charisma. That's what the Dems will need in four years. Right now I have no clue who that person is but I suppose I did not have any idea that Obama would fill this role at this time in 2004. Putting Jerry Falwell Jr., or Steve Bannon, or David Fucking Duke will not be enough to cost him in 2020. Voting against that won't get people out. The Dems need an Obama-like force. Maybe that will happen. They don't appear to have a deep bench but a lot can happen in the next couple years for someone to rise to the top.
    it all depends what they enact during their tenure. it could be enough.

just not if hillary runs again. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    Will he ever apologize to the many groups he insulted during the campaign he will not be a true leader unless he does and brings the country together !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Will he ever apologize to the many groups he insulted during the campaign he will not be a true leader unless he does and brings the country together !

It would be way too little too late IMO. At this point, an apology would just be a form of pandering. I think it's irrelevant.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

Specifically they'll need to speak to the specific demographic in the midwest in 2020. Sanders would've been able to pull this off.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,115
    PJ_Soul said:

This is one of the best posts in this thread. Pretty much sums him up. Say and do anything to benefit himself.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

This is one of the best posts in this thread. Pretty much sums him up. Say and do anything to benefit himself.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588

As expected Trump is not going to seek prosecution of Hillary. As expected Trump is not going to fully get rid of Obamacare. I'm also expecting he won't put together a Muslim registry, or deport 11 million illegals, or try get rid of Roe V. Wade.

I think most people realized it was all just talk. I'm not saying it is right that you blatantly lie to the public like that, but I think a good portion of Trump's voters were smart enough to know he was never going to do many of the extreme things he said on the campaign trail. So when 60 million people are called dumb and idiots, I don't that is appropriate. I think they didn't like Hillary, and they expected Trump to take some of the issues like illegal immigration, proper vetting of refugees, and trade a little more seriously (but not to the extreme).

I think if Romney is appointed SOS that it will be a good sign. Romney is not going to agree to join an administration where they deport 11 million people and put a registry together.

sorry but you would have to be pretty ignorant to "know" someone was lying about that stuff and still vote for them
    Or they took a chance because the didn't want more of the same with Hillary. Don't act like you could trust Hillary's positions either. Both are liars.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    CM189191 said:

I get that you think it is twisted logic and it is hard to argue it is not. But what I am saying is that half the country is saying "how could they vote for him" and I am giving an explanation as to why some could get themselves to do it. They wanted change and took a chance on someone that they didn't think was as risky as what the left makes him out to be.

You have to be a fool to think Trump was going to do all the things he said. Come on, you really thought he was going to deport 11 million people? It was easier to vote based on party lines than you all thought.

I didn't vote for either of the two liars. And they both are liars so get off your high horses. I said a while ago on here that he was just setting up negotiating positions. You want to sell something for $50, than ask for $75 so that the buyer counters at $50.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options

As expected Trump is not going to seek prosecution of Hillary. As expected Trump is not going to fully get rid of Obamacare. I'm also expecting he won't put together a Muslim registry, or deport 11 million illegals, or try get rid of Roe V. Wade.

I think most people realized it was all just talk. I'm not saying it is right that you blatantly lie to the public like that, but I think a good portion of Trump's voters were smart enough to know he was never going to do many of the extreme things he said on the campaign trail. So when 60 million people are called dumb and idiots, I don't that is appropriate. I think they didn't like Hillary, and they expected Trump to take some of the issues like illegal immigration, proper vetting of refugees, and trade a little more seriously (but not to the extreme).

I think if Romney is appointed SOS that it will be a good sign. Romney is not going to agree to join an administration where they deport 11 million people and put a registry together.

sorry but you would have to be pretty ignorant to "know" someone was lying about that stuff and still vote for them
    Or they took a chance because the didn't want more of the same with Hillary. Don't act like you could trust Hillary's positions either. Both are liars.
    I agree , Trump has her beat on the no morals column though !
  • Options

No question.
  • Options

No question.
    Overall this has been a total disgrace that this giant best country in the world could only put up two completely flawed candidates, it feels & tastes like a giant lollipop stuck up King Kongs ass !
  • Options

CM189191 said:

I get that you think it is twisted logic and it is hard to argue it is not. But what I am saying is that half the country is saying "how could they vote for him" and I am giving an explanation as to why some could get themselves to do it. They wanted change and took a chance on someone that they didn't think was as risky as what the left makes him out to be.

You have to be a fool to think Trump was going to do all the things he said. Come on, you really thought he was going to deport 11 million people? It was easier to vote based on party lines than you all thought.

I didn't vote for either of the two liars. And they both are liars so get off your high horses.
    no, I don't think any of US believed he would do/be able to do most of the things he said. But I believed HE believed them. And make no mistake, many of the people who voted for him are counting on his platform. he is going to have a shitload of angry people who will feel betrayed by his lying.

He still seems to believe he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He is treating the White House as if it were a kingdom. "doesn't the president decide what is a conflict of interest or not?". Seriously? is this guy that stupid?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Maybe. Many people such as myself always said Trump was making it up as he was going along. He still is. I know that he is not an ideologue and isn't actually stuck to any particular position. It was never about that for me and/or many others. I have said that he is full of shit and I would support him on a high risk potential for more of upside. What that means is one hopes that he looks at every issue on a case by case basis and makes decison based on what works without being married to any set positions. This is the potential of a business person president...try things...use what works...cast aside what doesn't. His supporters get that and they also get that this could fail miserably but it is better then a continuation of the status quo.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

CM189191 said:

Mike Pence and Paul Ryan would like to take this opportuinty to say a word about the diversity within the GOP
    Waldo was easier to find

A picture of every member of the 10 Club would look just as diverse.
    WTF. Does. That. Have. Anything. To do with leading a nation and fairly?

Are you suggesting the people in that picture can't lead a nation fairly based on their skin colour? You sound like Trump criticizing Judge Curiel.
    Holy fuck, are you seriously not understanding that the government should adequately represent those it governs??? That is also the reason women need to be better represented in government. Jesus, how can you have a problem with that?? White men don't fully understand or relate to a lot of issues that are experienced by women, people of other ethnicities, etc. Obviously. Government is not the same as being a judge either, FFS. Politicians need to really understand the specific issues that effect various different demographics, and the best way to understand the issues is to be part of that demographic. DUH. It's the same reason it's a real problem that most people in government are rich.
    I suspect you are just playing devil's advocate here, right?? Or do you just like to be a contrarian?
    Did I say I have a problem with that? People in that picture got elected and swore an oath and you are suggesting that they are inherently biased and can't do the job based on the colour of their skin. When Trump said that it was outrageous...you are no better. Second, take a close look at those pictures again...almost half of the people are females.
    When did I say they are all inherently biased? I said that they can't fully represent a diverse population because they don't hold the knowledge and understanding that is required to do so. That isn't bias. That's ignorance (not that some of them aren't biased... I'm sure several of them are that too, but that isn't a given just because they are white or white men. It's because some of them are also bigots, men and women alike. If you think there aren't any bigots in the GOP, joke's on you). Take another look at the picture with Pence. There are maybe 6 women there, and they were all brought up to the front to try and make it look like there were more women than there really are. But at any rate, I was talking about overall diversity, not the balance of men vs women (which we both know is completely uneven - that is a matter of fact, not opinion).
    Diversity of thought is all that matter.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Maybe. Many people such as myself always said Trump was making it up as he was going along. He still is. I know that he is not an ideologue and isn't actually stuck to any particular position. It was never about that for me and/or many others. I have said that he is full of shit and I would support him on a high risk potential for more of upside. What that means is one hopes that he looks at every issue on a case by case basis and makes decison based on what works without being married to any set positions. This is the potential of a business person president...try things...use what works...cast aside what doesn't. His supporters get that and they also get that this could fail miserably but it is better then a continuation of the status quo.
    maybe some of his supporters get that, but the ones chanting "lock her up" and "deport them all" clearly didn't get the memo.

this guy is so easily swayed by simple one on one conversations, it's laughable.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Roe vs Wade being overturned isn't something that a President "allows" or doesn't "allow". The President appoints judges who then decide based on the law. Trump was one of the few candidates who spoke positively about Planned Parenthood but he also spoke negatively about abortion. He will probably appoint a judge from his list but even that isn't a guarantee and there is no guarantee that the judge he appoints will vote to overturn Roe.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

OnWis97 said:

Obama was also able to be everything to all people. He said this himself. That type of candidate doesn't exist now.
This discussion has been closed.