Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306060-former-gop-official-warns-republicans-to-stay-away-from-trump

I keep wanting to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but I'm concerned. I think we are on the verge of a major political disaster.

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Gas is $0.40 cheaper then a week ago.

That isn't good for jobs though...
    Oil prices are complete bullshit - they mean nothing about anybody besides the fuckers running the oil and gas companies (of course Trump invests in them). Gas prices are a complete scam at all times, whether they're high or low.
    The oil and gas industry has been hurting for a long time now due to low crude and NG prices.

I'm not sad about it.
    I say the higher gas prices are the better. I actually support artificially high gas prices (well, no, because of where the money goes... but i would if the money went somewhere useful), or a bunch of taxes tacked onto the price. Anything that encourages people to drive less is a-okay in my book. If people could be priced out of the gasoline market and forced to find alternatives, that would be good in the long run IMO. I know most disagree with me, so sorry about my opinion, lol. I realize almost everyone has what they consider great and logical reasons for needing to drive everywhere ... I just think people and their lives have become way too dependent on gasoline. I say tax the living shit out of gasoline and parking and put that money straight into public transit development.
    I'm not in support of artificially inflating the price of anything. It's not going to speed up production of an electric car. Public transit only works for people that live AND work in a city. For most of us that live outside large cities, we need cheap gas prices to, you know, go to work and stuff.
    The ONLY time I do support artificially inflating prices is when it will improve people's behaviour that harms the environment. Anyway, I'm talking about developing public transit that is NOT just in the city (as my next post explained). And I disagree that necessity/unaffordability doesn't motivate change and innovation. However, I wasn't really suggesting that everyone go out and buy an electric car, not that I would discourage it. Since they already exist, I don't see why higher gas prices would affect their production. The only thing that slows the production of electric cars now is the lack of demand and the lack of charging stations.
    So why not artificially raise the prices of hamburger meat so that more people will eat chicken and less red meat?

I'm not in favor of artificially raising the price of any essential goods. So I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.
    I mean in a common sense way of course. Obviously food prices should never be artificially increased, as food is a necessity of life. Driving a car isn't. Of course I am open to all common sense. I.e. say increase the gas prices in urban centres but not in rural areas until public transit infrastructure in and between rural areas is built, just as an example (and people can waste their time driving to rural gas stations if they like - some people love spending to save, lol). I'm thinking loooong term here. In decades, not years. High gas prices to dissuade driving is not an uncommon idea. Western Europe already does it. Of course, their infrastructure allows for it better. North America needs to catch up (and allow for the differences in population dispersement). Anyway, yeah, I know that nobody who drives will ever agree with my attitude about this. I don't care, haha, I'm a hardliner on this subject. ;) I think government needs to be more involved in forcing change when it comes to this because people at large never will as long as convenience for themselves is involved. Of course, I don't expect any North American government to give a flying fuck anytime soon... maybe when we're old.
    It's not really up to the government to tell me I have to use alternate forms of transportation because some don't like the oil consumption. For many people, driving a car is a necessity. I am fortunate enough to live about 8 Liles from my work. But when I lived 50 miles from my job, a car is necessary.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    edited November 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306060-former-gop-official-warns-republicans-to-stay-away-from-trump

I keep wanting to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but I'm concerned. I think we are on the verge of a major political disaster.

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Oil prices are complete bullshit - they mean nothing about anybody besides the fuckers running the oil and gas companies (of course Trump invests in them). Gas prices are a complete scam at all times, whether they're high or low.
    The oil and gas industry has been hurting for a long time now due to low crude and NG prices.

I'm not sad about it.
    I say the higher gas prices are the better. I actually support artificially high gas prices (well, no, because of where the money goes... but i would if the money went somewhere useful), or a bunch of taxes tacked onto the price. Anything that encourages people to drive less is a-okay in my book. If people could be priced out of the gasoline market and forced to find alternatives, that would be good in the long run IMO. I know most disagree with me, so sorry about my opinion, lol. I realize almost everyone has what they consider great and logical reasons for needing to drive everywhere ... I just think people and their lives have become way too dependent on gasoline. I say tax the living shit out of gasoline and parking and put that money straight into public transit development.
    I'm not in support of artificially inflating the price of anything. It's not going to speed up production of an electric car. Public transit only works for people that live AND work in a city. For most of us that live outside large cities, we need cheap gas prices to, you know, go to work and stuff.
    The ONLY time I do support artificially inflating prices is when it will improve people's behaviour that harms the environment. Anyway, I'm talking about developing public transit that is NOT just in the city (as my next post explained). And I disagree that necessity/unaffordability doesn't motivate change and innovation. However, I wasn't really suggesting that everyone go out and buy an electric car, not that I would discourage it. Since they already exist, I don't see why higher gas prices would affect their production. The only thing that slows the production of electric cars now is the lack of demand and the lack of charging stations.
    So why not artificially raise the prices of hamburger meat so that more people will eat chicken and less red meat?

I'm not in favor of artificially raising the price of any essential goods. So I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.
    I mean in a common sense way of course. Obviously food prices should never be artificially increased, as food is a necessity of life. Driving a car isn't. Of course I am open to all common sense. I.e. say increase the gas prices in urban centres but not in rural areas until public transit infrastructure in and between rural areas is built, just as an example (and people can waste their time driving to rural gas stations if they like - some people love spending to save, lol). I'm thinking loooong term here. In decades, not years. High gas prices to dissuade driving is not an uncommon idea. Western Europe already does it. Of course, their infrastructure allows for it better. North America needs to catch up (and allow for the differences in population dispersement). Anyway, yeah, I know that nobody who drives will ever agree with my attitude about this. I don't care, haha, I'm a hardliner on this subject. ;) I think government needs to be more involved in forcing change when it comes to this because people at large never will as long as convenience for themselves is involved. Of course, I don't expect any North American government to give a flying fuck anytime soon... maybe when we're old.
    Seeing as how agricultural prices can be directly impacted by fuel prices...artificially inflating them would also result in artificially inflated costs of other goods...Rural communities do not just burn their gas by going to the city...they rely on equipment that uses it to produce that wonderful steak or milk or bread that you find in the supermarket. This all results in minimum wage earners being able to afford even less than they already could. Why do you hate poor people?
    I addressed that in my previous post.
    Haha, I am poor, so I sure don't hate them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Please can someone post the good quality's Bannon brings to the WH .. please just one I dare anybody to find one !

He drives everybody on here nuts.
    I dare you to give me one good quality the head Bafoon brings to the WH , go ahead find it and post it !
    He`s not a buffoon!
    He`s your President-elect!
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Seeing as how agricultural prices can be directly impacted by fuel prices...artificially inflating them would also result in artificially inflated costs of other goods...Rural communities do not just burn their gas by going to the city...they rely on equipment that uses it to produce that wonderful steak or milk or bread that you find in the supermarket. This all results in minimum wage earners being able to afford even less than they already could. Why do you hate poor people?
    I addressed that in my previous post.
    Haha, I am poor, so I sure don't hate them.
    Just making sure ;)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

BS44325 said:

Please can someone post the good quality's Bannon brings to the WH .. please just one I dare anybody to find one !

I dare you to give me one good quality the head Bafoon brings to the WH , go ahead find it and post it !
    He`s not a buffoon!
    At this point, he exists as both.
    :anguished:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

It's not really up to the government to tell me I have to use alternate forms of transportation because some don't like the oil consumption. For many people, driving a car is a necessity. I am fortunate enough to live about 8 Liles from my work. But when I lived 50 miles from my job, a car is necessary.
    The government has forced people into cars and the car manufacturers have sold a myth that driving is freedom. Owning a car and driving makes you a slave.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    At least we are happy slaves.
    Do you really believe this?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

The government has forced people into cars and the car manufacturers have sold a myth that driving is freedom. Owning a car and driving makes you a slave.
    Where do you live?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

^^^
    At least we are happy slaves.
    Do you really believe this?

I believe it because I live in the city and STILL everyone is paying through the nose to drive, maintain and keep their cars, even though they don't even need them and they're draining their finances. That doesn't mean that I don't know some people have to drive because the powers that be made it a necessity but not providing reasonable alternatives (although I do think many people could have done a lot better in building their lives around not needing one... but too late for that for most people over the age of 30). That doesn't mean it has to stay a necessity. And FWIW, I'm happy and I'm not a slave to a car and gas prices and repairs and insurance companies and parking lot owners. Honestly, I'm not judging car owners - I get it. That is the life everyone was handed and taught to know and love. I chose to reject it, but I don't expect others to. I HOPE others will, but I don't expect them to. That's why I said I think the government will have to force that change. People are indeed slaves to their gas cars, which means they aren't going to give them up easily. I know that. This will be a slow change... but the sooner the better IMO. First things first: make electric cars practical and affordable, connect more communities with public transit, and innovate for and push change in the goods transportation industry.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    This article is interesting http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/whats-hot/most-searched-words-since-donald-trump-was-elected/ar-AAkhiil?ocid=spartandhp

Top list of words searched since election.

fascism
    bigot
    xenophobe
    racism
    socialism
    resurgence
    xenophobia
    misogyny
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460

BS44325 said:

He`s not a buffoon!
    He will be my Bafoon till his out of office , do you not remember how Obama was disrespected for 8 fucking yrs by his opposition starting with Bafoon who still ? His birthplace ! So I'll just keep on calling him babafoon sounds even better ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited November 2016

This article is interesting http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/whats-hot/most-searched-words-since-donald-trump-was-elected/ar-AAkhiil?ocid=spartandhp

fascism
    bigot
    xenophobe
    racism
    socialism
    resurgence
    xenophobia
    misogyny

Finally the Trump voters are figuring out what everyone was trying to tell them all those months. They just didn't understand what all those words meant. :lol::disappointed:
  • Options
    ^^^
    I was thinking people are wondering why all of a sudden they are being called these names after the election and not before. These aren't common words to call people.
  • Options

^^^
    I was thinking people are wondering why all of a sudden they are being called these names after the election and not before. These aren't common words to call people.

They are accurate words for Trump. I think that's why people are looking them up - they just want the true definition of what their President is, without the emotional overtones (and it looks like they are having a second look at what Bernie was into as well, likely thinking 'well maybe that isn't so bad after all... haha ;) ).
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    I live in Oregon. Im being a bit dramatic by saying slave I suppose. But people are overly dependent on their cars and build their life around needing one in a lot of cases. This is seen when their cars breaks and their life comes to a halt, when they road rage because they've handed over that control to others, they stress, they spend 4 - $8k a year on a car which ties them down financially, etc.
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    I live in Oregon. Im being a bit dramatic by saying slave I suppose. But people are overly dependent on their cars and build their life around needing one in a lot of cases. This is seen when their cars breaks and their life comes to a halt, when they road rage because they've handed over that control to others, they stress, they spend 4 - $8k a year on a car which ties them down financially, etc.
    Not everyone can live in a metro area, and not everyone wants to.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    since you live in Oregon...

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-than-half-of-arrested-anti-trump-protesters-didnt-vote/351964445

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/report-most-of-arrested-portland-protesters-didnt-vote-in-oregon/467507196

ill leave this right here
  • Options

BS44325 said:

He`s not a buffoon!
    He will be my Bafoon till his out of office , do you not remember how Obama was disrespected for 8 fucking yrs by his opposition starting with Bafoon who still ? His birthplace ! So I'll just keep on calling him babafoon sounds even better ...
    For some reason I am picturing you walking around the next 8yrs cuddling some kind of orange haired baby baboon called babafoon.
    He's your babafoon!
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    since you live in Oregon...

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-than-half-of-arrested-anti-trump-protesters-didnt-vote/351964445

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/report-most-of-arrested-portland-protesters-didnt-vote-in-oregon/467507196

ill leave this right here
    I've seen. Those are the rioters, and having lived in Eugene when the wto stuff went down, I feel like I have an idea about who the people dping the property destruction are like, as far as belief system goes. Die to that belief system, not many are inclined to vote.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

I disagree with that notion. I've never heard anyone say that driving or owning a car is a right. In fact, one thing I do remember from drivers Ed when I was 15 is that driving is a privilege.

How did the government force anyone into cars?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

fascism
    bigot
    xenophobe
    racism
    socialism
    resurgence
    xenophobia
    misogyny

Finally the Trump voters are figuring out what everyone was trying to tell them all those months. They just didn't understand what all those words meant. :lol::disappointed:
    Well played.
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    It can be said that people are overly dependant on their cell phones or other devices. But that doesn't mean the government forced them into it.
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    It can be said that people are overly dependant on their cell phones or other devices. But that doesn't mean the government forced them into it.
    The government wouldn't benefit from that (well, not in the same way, anyhow). People being dependent isn't the only factor here. Just think about the whole relationship between government and oil.... it's a "special" relationship. ;)
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    When cars came on the scene, the government colluded with oil companies and auto manufacturers to focus on building a transportation infrastructure almost solely focused on the car. Our culture shifted to being dependant on the car and now the continuation of this is just normalized. Our cities are designed around the car and it will take a long time to reverse this trend.
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    When cars came on the scene, the government colluded with oil companies and auto manufacturers to focus on building a transportation infrastructure almost solely focused on the car. Our culture shifted to being dependant on the car and now the continuation of this is just normalized. Our cities are designed around the car and it will take a long time to reverse this trend.
    Yup.
  • Options

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    That certainly doesn't mean that they forced anyone into buying cars. It means they got into business with the right companies at the right time.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

Where do you live?
    That certainly doesn't mean that they forced anyone into buying cars. It means they got into business with the right companies at the right time.
    I don't think he's saying that anyone is actually forced into buying cars. Just that the government managed to make people consider them a necessity by design, and basically built society upon that. That is true IMO. And at this point it's just ingrained in the culture, unfortunately. That needs to change. Lifestyles need to change, but that has to be accommodated in several ways. At the moment, this kind of thinking is practically fringe, I know (oh trust me, I know, lol. You should see how some people react to a person who chooses to live car-free... almost with suspicion, lol, as though I pose a threat to their car or something :lol: ). I would like to see it become mainstream within the next 20 years though. I think it will in many places. The first steps are already happening in a lot of areas/regions/countries with more environmentally focused leadership. But more rural and suburban areas need to be brought on board and included in mass transit and charging stations have to become widespread before the movement really takes off.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,661
    I think its probably my fault that my place of employment cannot be reached by horseback in a timely manner from my house but thats just me.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I think its probably my fault that my place of employment cannot be reached by horseback in a timely manner from my house but thats just me.

Lol, no, and god forbid we subject horses to that life again! I don't think it's any private citizen's fault - the fact that there isn't any public transit option from the outskirts to the cities, and that electric cars aren't affordable, and that there aren't charging stations isn't the fault of you or anyone. If you want it to be your fault, you could certainly make it be your fault... You could say that it's your fault that you didn't either find a home closer to work, or find work closer to home.... we could drill down into all the factors that impacted those ultimate decisions if you like, lol. But that would obviously be pointless and unrealistic, just like some of your alternative options were to you. I personally don't make this an accusation. I live in this society too. I understand the perceived need for cars (although I do think that many don't do everything they CAN reasonably do - i.e. carpooling/car sharing, shit like that) ... Many car owners do perceive it as an accusation though. I can do and say nothing other than "I live car-free" or "I don't need a car", and some car owners get defensive. It's kind of funny. I assume that guilt talking (I am not referring to you at all cp3iverson!). The only once I accuse are government, oil companies, and all the bullshit that goes on between and because of those two groups (yes, including car companies, certain other resource/manufacturing industries, etc. So basically any special interest group/corporation that relies on people continuing to drive).
  • Options

And others have alternatives that they don't use, and others would use alternatives if they had them.
This discussion has been closed.