Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    The Defcon Warning System, a private organisation which monitors world events and estimates the nuclear threat against America, is now at Level 5 - its lowest possible state.

Just weeks ago the warning was accelerated to Level 3 following increased tensions between US and Russia, with insiders fearing the West was creeping closer to nuclear war.

Level 3 means US troops could be mobilised in as little as 15 minutes.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    JC29856 said:

The Defcon Warning System, a private organisation which monitors world events and estimates the nuclear threat against America, is now at Level 5 - its lowest possible state.

Just weeks ago the warning was accelerated to Level 3 following increased tensions between US and Russia, with insiders fearing the West was creeping closer to nuclear war.

is Joshua still playing the game?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    pjhawks said:

JC29856 said:

is Joshua still playing the game?
    lol, would you like to play a game!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    JC29856 said:

O

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/white-nationalist-who-will-advise-donald-trump-white-house

Another article referring to white nationalist. These articles reference breibart headlines without defining the term white nationalist. Breibart is political commentary equivalent to the national inquirer with the goal of profit and readership.

Are you at all familiar with the alt-right at all? Have you ever curiously looked at Breitbart before this past week or so?

White nationalism is just one element to their hatred. They're also anti Semites, white supremacists, nativists, anti immigrationists, misogynists, racists, and they believe in white genocide. This is just off the top of my head. I'm sure I am missing other garbage they spew. Sure, go ahead and compare it to the National Enquirer.....as if the National Enquirer put out stories based on the hatred I just mentioned on a daily basis.

The alt-right's crazy backing of Trump was one of the first things that freaked me out about his campaign a year and a half ago. I really think the media has done everyone a disservice by largely ignoring this large faction of Trump's supporters up until now. I was shocked when it was barely mentioned when Bannon was brought on to be ceo of his campaign. To me, these were the deplorables that HRC was talking about and she was absolutely correct.

Steve Bannon has said that he wants Bretbart to be the platform for the alt-right....that means he condones all of this hateful rhetoric--white nationalism and everything else.
    Do you know anything about Chris Kyle? Would you describe him as a white nationalist?
    I'm trying to understand the difference between white nationalist and white supremacist, you seem to use them inter-changably.
    Did I say both of those terms were the same thing? Nope.

I would think a white supremacist thinks his race is more dominant than others where a white nationalist believes whites and non whites should not be comingled=segregation.

The alt-right is full of both of these kinds of people, as well as all the others I mentioned. Bannon wanted his website to be a platform for the alt-right, ie: condoning all their hatred.

Not sure what Chris Kyle (if he did or didn't believe in any of this) has to do with someone who promotes this kind of disgusting behavior having the ear of the president...
    Chris Kyle has nothing to do with it other than me wondering if he fits the description of a white nationalist. Based on your description I say he does not, based on my understanding of white nationalist, I promote him as poster boy.
    White nationalists to me are people that blindly and hypocritically believe their white race and their nation are superior to all others.
    So what is your thought on the issue at hand then?
    Rudi or Bolton as Sec of State! Amazing how far down Hilliary dragged that position.
    That's bullshit....Trump is dragging it down if he names either one of those two clowns.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

^^^
    I was trying to reference this thread and give some humour since the OP in no longer w/ us.
    Maybe it's time to end this thread w/ a close...
    Trump is done

Where is the OP?

Has GF been banned?

You'll have to forgive me and my granny panties. I'm usually pretty sharp on the intake, but I just didn't recognize your post as something humorous- you're on a slightly different page than I these days.

To the topic... Trump is orange lol. Oh yeah... sexist and racist as well! I would like to say something about the fact that women alone had enough voting power to knock the orange p***y grabber out in the 1st round... but I won't. I wouldn't want to offend those women that are okay with such an obscenity.
    Yup he was. Lukin2006 as well.
    Took his hate a tad too far (gf)
    Maybe it's just a 60 or 90 day rip
    Also muskydan and cliffy.
    Not trying to gossip, just information.
    No wonder it's been so quiet around here and more civil.
    Post edited by Kat on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

^^^
    I was trying to reference this thread and give some humour since the OP in no longer w/ us.
    Trump is done

Where is the OP?

Has GF been banned?

You'll have to forgive me and my granny panties. I'm usually pretty sharp on the intake, but I just didn't recognize your post as something humorous- you're on a slightly different page than I these days.

To the topic... Trump is orange lol. Oh yeah... sexist and racist as well! I would like to say something about the fact that women alone had enough voting power to knock the orange p***y grabber out in the 1st round... but I won't. I wouldn't want to offend those women that are okay with such an obscenity.
    I am sorry to learn that Cliffy was banned.
    Post edited by Kat on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2016

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

and yes, your country is being taken from you, you fucking idiots. by people who did their homework in school. by people who get up every morning and work their asses off until they can't work anymore.

all i've seen in the people that whine about losing their country is ENTITLEMENT.

how bout you fucking pick up a book instead of that god damn X-box? And if reading cramps your style, just do anything else besides putting on that ridiculous looking headgear and pretending like you are solider.

This is a theory from someone who doesn't read much.
    not trying to present any theories here or even suggest that I'm an avid reader...Just observations over the last 20 years going back to college when these types of games rose to prominence.
    Saying it's a result of the younger generation is a bad theory. Tying in video games is odd. And did you observe gen x with Atari and Nintendo?
    it's the way these games have found a way to consume people's lives for day's on end. i've seen countless people kicked out of school for giving priority to a game console over a final exam. dont get me wrong, i fucked around a lot in school. i still fuck around a lot.

it's a little judgmental, i know...but really, when you go to a 35 year old man's house, and he basically ignores everyone in the room (kids, friends etc) cuz he's busy playing Call of Duty or whatever, I see something a bit off. Oh and not to mention hogging the TV. Us liberals are tired of watching John Oliver on a laptop. I am want my 80" 5k back!!!! hahahah

That Atari, Nintendo generation games never had the internet or even computational power to make games like we've from PS, Xbox and PC platforms. so, there's no comparison.
    I'm still not sure what your video game theory has to do with the election. And maybe you're a bit young, but I saw many people consumed with Atari and Nintendo.
    again, you can't compare the level of immersive violence and collaboration these games bring. innovative, yes. entertaining, yes. does they contribute to groupthink and a tendency to embrace the so called alt-right. i believe so. but that's my opinion.

i don't mind being called ignorant either. i just want one of you to explain to me a how you can vote for a p***y grabber who doesn't say what he means?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/donald-trump-popular-vote-twitter-election

How is this piece of shit our president? My god now he's flipping out about losing the popular vote

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

• Options
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

^^^
    Trump is done

Where is the OP?

Has GF been banned?

yes, children. we are all adults now. we have to pretend like nothing bothers and we are all about unity. seriously, fuck that. we are at a new low in this country. A known p***y grabbing, racist man with no plan is now president of the world's largest superpower. He might 'succeed' that's fine. But at what point did winning become more important than being decent?

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

^^^
    Trump is done

Where is the OP?

Has GF been banned?

yes, children. we are all adults now. we have to pretend like nothing bothers and we are all about unity. seriously, fuck that. we are at a new low in this country. A known p***y grabbing, racist man with no plan is now president of the world's largest superpower. He might 'succeed' that's fine. But at what point did winning become more important than being decent?

This seems pretty contradictory...
    Are we supposed to be brothers, all about unity and being decent, or are we supposed to say fuck that?

This is a difficult time, I have had as much trouble keeping it decent as anybody has.
    My natural inclination is to say, "so we want to be a country that speaks it's mind without regard for decency? We want to be done with PC? Ok, well here's what the fuck I think about you fuckers..."
    But, sinking to Trump's level is not the solution.

The mods have a job to do, it's as simple as that.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    I don't believe Carson was ever even remotely in the running. Good tactic though. They throw out some names of batshit crazy, basically non-functional people, pretend like they're being considered, and when they end up not being the choice people are fooled into feeling relieved about choices that are probably worse and definitely more sinister, but not so openly cuckoo bananas.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't believe Carson was ever even remotely in the running. Good tactic though. They throw out some names of batshit crazy, basically non-functional people, pretend like they're being considered, and when they end up not being the choice people are fooled into feeling relieved about choices that are probably worse and definitely more sinister, but not so openly cuckoo bananas.
    solid point
  • Options
    my2hands said:

PJ_Soul said:

solid point
    Yep, that's why the talk of appointing a woman and gay man in smaller roles is being put out there. Divert from the shit like Bannon.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

What happened to Kasich? Too rational? Didn't grab enough p***y in his 50's?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kasich didn't vote for Trump....he's on the outs
    Post edited by Kat on

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,450
    Please can someone post the good quality's Bannon brings to the WH .. please just one I dare anybody to find one !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited November 2016

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kasich didn't vote for Trump....he's on the outs
    Most likely on the revenge list...
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

and yes, your country is being taken from you, you fucking idiots. by people who did their homework in school. by people who get up every morning and work their asses off until they can't work anymore.

all i've seen in the people that whine about losing their country is ENTITLEMENT.

how bout you fucking pick up a book instead of that god damn X-box? And if reading cramps your style, just do anything else besides putting on that ridiculous looking headgear and pretending like you are solider.

not trying to present any theories here or even suggest that I'm an avid reader...Just observations over the last 20 years going back to college when these types of games rose to prominence.
    Saying it's a result of the younger generation is a bad theory. Tying in video games is odd. And did you observe gen x with Atari and Nintendo?
    it's the way these games have found a way to consume people's lives for day's on end. i've seen countless people kicked out of school for giving priority to a game console over a final exam. dont get me wrong, i fucked around a lot in school. i still fuck around a lot.

it's a little judgmental, i know...but really, when you go to a 35 year old man's house, and he basically ignores everyone in the room (kids, friends etc) cuz he's busy playing Call of Duty or whatever, I see something a bit off. Oh and not to mention hogging the TV. Us liberals are tired of watching John Oliver on a laptop. I am want my 80" 5k back!!!! hahahah

That Atari, Nintendo generation games never had the internet or even computational power to make games like we've from PS, Xbox and PC platforms. so, there's no comparison.
    I'm still not sure what your video game theory has to do with the election. And maybe you're a bit young, but I saw many people consumed with Atari and Nintendo.
    again, you can't compare the level of immersive violence and collaboration these games bring. innovative, yes. entertaining, yes. does they contribute to groupthink and a tendency to embrace the so called alt-right. i believe so. but that's my opinion.

i don't mind being called ignorant either. i just want one of you to explain to me a how you can vote for a p***y grabber who doesn't say what he means?
    I don't expect you to track my posts in here, but I wouldn't vote for trump even with a gun to my head. I'm still putting together why people voted for him. The theme seems to be that they suspended whatever ability they had to think critically.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

^^^
    Trump is done

Where is the OP?

Has GF been banned?

To the topic... Trump is orange lol. Oh yeah... sexist and racist as well! I would like to say something about the fact that women alone had enough voting power to knock the orange pussy grabber out in the 1st round... but I won't. I wouldn't want to offend those women that are okay with such an obscenity.

This seems pretty contradictory...
    Are we supposed to be brothers, all about unity and being decent, or are we supposed to say fuck that?

This is a difficult time, I have had as much trouble keeping it decent as anybody has.
    My natural inclination is to say, "so we want to be a country that speaks it's mind without regard for decency? We want to be done with PC? Ok, well here's what the fuck I think about you fuckers..."
    But, sinking to Trump's level is not the solution.

The mods have a job to do, it's as simple as that.
    just want explanations. i am not Anderson Cooper or Oprah and so I have the luxury of being a little bitch about this.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    edited November 2016

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

I don't expect you to track my posts in here, but I wouldn't vote for trump even with a gun to my head. I'm still putting together why people voted for him. The theme seems to be that they suspended whatever ability they had to think critically.
    Maybe they have an issue with determining reality?

http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/05/reality-check-why-some-brains-cant-tell-real-from-imagined/
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
  • Options

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited November 2016
    Closed for review, now reopened.
    A reminder. When referring to the sexual assault and using the P word, please ghost it because we are an all-ages forum and it is offensive. Thank you.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306060-former-gop-official-warns-republicans-to-stay-away-from-trump

I keep wanting to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but I'm concerned. I think we are on the verge of a major political disaster.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Gas is $0.40 cheaper then a week ago.
This discussion has been closed.