Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    edited November 2016
    Jason P said:

Gas is $0.40 cheaper then a week ago.

Good job Obama. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

That isn't good for jobs though...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Oil prices are complete bullshit - they mean nothing about anybody besides the fuckers running the oil and gas companies (of course Trump invests in them). Gas prices are a complete scam at all times, whether they're high or low.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Jason P said:
    :lol: "Opted out". Yeah right.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Oil prices are complete bullshit - they mean nothing about anybody besides the fuckers running the oil and gas companies (of course Trump invests in them). Gas prices are a complete scam at all times, whether they're high or low.
    The oil and gas industry has been hurting for a long time now due to low crude and NG prices.

I'm not sad about it.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    Jason P said:
    He decided all this sleeping while seated upright is too hard. Must lie down.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

The oil and gas industry has been hurting for a long time now due to low crude and NG prices.

I'm not sad about it.
    I say the higher gas prices are the better. I actually support artificially high gas prices (well, no, because of where the money goes... but i would if the money went somewhere useful), or a bunch of taxes tacked onto the price. Anything that encourages people to drive less is a-okay in my book. If people could be priced out of the gasoline market and forced to find alternatives, that would be good in the long run IMO. I know most disagree with me, so sorry about my opinion, lol. I realize almost everyone has what they consider great and logical reasons for needing to drive everywhere ... I just think people and their lives have become way too dependent on gasoline. I say tax the living shit out of gasoline and parking and put that money straight into public transit development.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    I say the higher gas prices are the better. I actually support artificially high gas prices, or a bunch of taxes tacked onto the price. Anything that encourages people to drive less is a-okay in my book. If people could be priced out of the gasoline market and forced to find alternatives, that would be good in the long run. I know most disagree with me, so sorry about my opinion, lol. I realize almost everyone has what they consider great and logical reasons for needing to drive everywhere ... I just think people and their lives have become way too dependent on gasoline. I say tax the living shit out of gasoline and parking and put that money straight into public transit development.
    Taxing is fine by me! When gas prices are high the energy companies go nuts with extraction, but people drive less.
    It's a give and take, for sure.

One thing that I am always conscious of is the differing opinions and goals of people who live in urban vs rural areas.
    You live in a place where getting around without driving ranges from easy to difficult but possible.
    Where I live, it is impossible.
    Where I live is also where the food "you" eat is produced.
    When gas prices go up, food prices do too. We pay remarkably little for our food here in the "western" bubble, so increases aren't so terrible, but eliminating fossil fuels is going to be a very difficult problem that will require people to abandon long held habits.
  • Options

Jason P said:
    He decided all this sleeping while seated upright is too hard. Must lie down.
    Kinda funny that Ben thought he was qualified for POTUS, but unqualified for being the secretary of health and human services ... the dude is a doctor!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,131
    Jason P said:
    Isn't it scary that he thought he could be President but he doesn't trust himself in a cabinet post?

I guess he was likely just running for Pres to sell books...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    I say the higher gas prices are the better. I actually support artificially high gas prices, or a bunch of taxes tacked onto the price. Anything that encourages people to drive less is a-okay in my book. If people could be priced out of the gasoline market and forced to find alternatives, that would be good in the long run. I know most disagree with me, so sorry about my opinion, lol. I realize almost everyone has what they consider great and logical reasons for needing to drive everywhere ... I just think people and their lives have become way too dependent on gasoline. I say tax the living shit out of gasoline and parking and put that money straight into public transit development.
    Taxing is fine by me! When gas prices are high the energy companies go nuts with extraction, but people drive less.
    It's a give and take, for sure.

One thing that I am always conscious of is the differing opinions and goals of people who live in urban vs rural areas.
    You live in a place where getting around without driving ranges from easy to difficult but possible.
    Where I live, it is impossible.
    Where I live is also where the food "you" eat is produced.
    When gas prices go up, food prices do too. We pay remarkably little for our food here in the "western" bubble, so increases aren't so terrible, but eliminating fossil fuels is going to be a very difficult problem that will require people to abandon long held habits.
    Well, I did edit my post before I read this to add a caveat about the point you make about the fucking oil companies. FYI, I do, of course, think that all oil companies should be nationalized.
    Anyway, I am well aware of the urban vs rural conundrum. That is why I said every extra penny should be put toward public transit. I didn't just mean public transit in cities. It should be implemented in all communities one way or another, and between communities. Priorities need to change, towns need to be linked by transit. As for transporting goods... Again obviously, I advocate for alternative fuel transportation - better rail networks for transportation of goods, along with electric vehicles, hybrid trucks, biofuel. There are options - tons of them. And they are doable.... if there is the motivation to do it and for change. Which there isn't, because the oil companies are in charge. :frowning:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    I say the higher gas prices are the better. I actually support artificially high gas prices (well, no, because of where the money goes... but i would if the money went somewhere useful), or a bunch of taxes tacked onto the price. Anything that encourages people to drive less is a-okay in my book. If people could be priced out of the gasoline market and forced to find alternatives, that would be good in the long run IMO. I know most disagree with me, so sorry about my opinion, lol. I realize almost everyone has what they consider great and logical reasons for needing to drive everywhere ... I just think people and their lives have become way too dependent on gasoline. I say tax the living shit out of gasoline and parking and put that money straight into public transit development.
    the problem with high gas prices is that it then forces the prices of many goods and services to go up. food prices especially since almost all food is still shipped via truck.
  • Options
    This is what the oval office could look like soon ...

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    his apartment scares the crap out of me to be completely honest
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306060-former-gop-official-warns-republicans-to-stay-away-from-trump

I keep wanting to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but I'm concerned. I think we are on the verge of a major political disaster.

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    I'm not in support of artificially inflating the price of anything. It's not going to speed up production of an electric car. Public transit only works for people that live AND work in a city. For most of us that live outside large cities, we need cheap gas prices to, you know, go to work and stuff.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Proof that money can't buy class or style.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

i could live there for a little while
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    So this tool, after meeting with Obama, didn't realize the scope of the job?

He quits before summer of 2018.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    vaggar99 said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

i could live there for a little while
    Doesn't look like somewhere anyone lives. More like a large hotel lobby.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

So this tool, after meeting with Obama, didn't realize the scope of the job?

He quits before summer of 2018.

yeah....and he wants to treat the oval office as a part time office so that he can stay home with his mommy

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Please can someone post the good quality's Bannon brings to the WH .. please just one I dare anybody to find one !

He drives everybody on here nuts.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    BS44325 said:

Please can someone post the good quality's Bannon brings to the WH .. please just one I dare anybody to find one !

I dare you to give me one good quality the head Bafoon brings to the WH , go ahead find it and post it !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    BS44325 said:

:lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited November 2016

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306060-former-gop-official-warns-republicans-to-stay-away-from-trump

I keep wanting to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but I'm concerned. I think we are on the verge of a major political disaster.

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    I'm not in support of artificially inflating the price of anything. It's not going to speed up production of an electric car. Public transit only works for people that live AND work in a city. For most of us that live outside large cities, we need cheap gas prices to, you know, go to work and stuff.
    The ONLY time I do support artificially inflating prices is when it will improve people's behaviour that harms the environment. Anyway, I'm talking about developing public transit that is NOT just in the city (as my next post explained). And I disagree that necessity/unaffordability doesn't motivate change and innovation. However, I wasn't really suggesting that everyone go out and buy an electric car, not that I would discourage it. Since they already exist, I don't see why higher gas prices would affect their production. The only thing that slows the production of electric cars now is the lack of demand and the lack of charging stations.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    The ONLY time I do support artificially inflating prices is when it will improve people's behaviour that harms the environment. Anyway, I'm talking about developing public transit that is NOT just in the city (as my next post explained). And I disagree that necessity/unaffordability doesn't motivate change and innovation. However, I wasn't really suggesting that everyone go out and buy an electric car, not that I would discourage it. Since they already exist, I don't see why higher gas prices would affect their production. The only thing that slows the production of electric cars now is the lack of demand and the lack of charging stations.
    So why not artificially raise the prices of hamburger meat so that more people will eat chicken and less red meat?

I'm not in favor of artificially raising the price of any essential goods. So I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.
    So why not artificially raise the prices of hamburger meat so that more people will eat chicken and less red meat?

I'm not in favor of artificially raising the price of any essential goods. So I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.
    I mean in a common sense way of course. Obviously food prices should never be artificially increased, as food is a necessity of life. Driving a car isn't. Of course I am open to all common sense. I.e. say increase the gas prices in urban centres but not in rural areas until public transit infrastructure in and between rural areas is built, just as an example (and people can waste their time driving to rural gas stations if they like - some people love spending to save, lol). I'm thinking loooong term here. In decades, not years. High gas prices to dissuade driving is not an uncommon idea. Western Europe already does it. Of course, their infrastructure allows for it better. North America needs to catch up (and allow for the differences in population dispersement). Anyway, yeah, I know that nobody who drives will ever agree with my attitude about this. I don't care, haha, I'm a hardliner on this subject. ;) I think government needs to be more involved in forcing change when it comes to this because people at large never will as long as convenience for themselves is involved. Of course, I don't expect any North American government to give a flying fuck anytime soon... maybe when we're old.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

I dare you to give me one good quality the head Bafoon brings to the WH , go ahead find it and post it !
    It's the same one. He drives everybody on here nuts.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sad about it.

I mean in a common sense way of course. Obviously food prices should never be artificially increased, as food is a necessity of life. Driving a car isn't. Of course I am open to all common sense. I.e. say increase the gas prices in urban centres but not in rural areas until public transit infrastructure in and between rural areas is built, just as an example (and people can waste their time driving to rural gas stations if they like - some people love spending to save, lol). I'm thinking loooong term here. In decades, not years. High gas prices to dissuade driving is not an uncommon idea. Western Europe already does it. Of course, their infrastructure allows for it better. North America needs to catch up (and allow for the differences in population dispersement). Anyway, yeah, I know that nobody who drives will ever agree with my attitude about this. I don't care, haha, I'm a hardliner on this subject. ;) I think government needs to be more involved in forcing change when it comes to this because people at large never will as long as convenience for themselves is involved. Of course, I don't expect any North American government to give a flying fuck anytime soon... maybe when we're old.
    Seeing as how agricultural prices can be directly impacted by fuel prices...artificially inflating them would also result in artificially inflated costs of other goods...Rural communities do not just burn their gas by going to the city...they rely on equipment that uses it to produce that wonderful steak or milk or bread that you find in the supermarket. This all results in minimum wage earners being able to afford even less than they already could. Why do you hate poor people?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
This discussion has been closed.