Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025
    edited November 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Holy shit you guys....I understand the electoral college. My point is you can't say that more people wanted Trump when he LOST THE POPULAR VOTE.

That's a simple thing to understand.

No, you can just say that people in more states wanted Trump. Do you really want people in the largest cities determining how the whole country is run? Agriculture would go to shit. Starting to sound a little hunger gamish.
    And AGAIN....you must have a thick skull....that has nothing to do with Clinton winning the popular vote. I'm not saying to do away with the electoral college....I'm saying you CAN'T say that more people wanted Trump. They didn't. By 700,000 or so. That's a lot of people.
    More people in most states did not vote for Hillary. Maybe not the case in Cali, New York, Illinois...but those places do not represent the whole country...what am I not getting?
    Did more people vote for Trump or Clinton?

Answer: Clinton by 700,000 as of today

Did more people want Trump as President or Clinton?

Answer: Clinton by 700,000

Again....4th time. I'm not disputing the electoral college. I'm saying that more people wanted Clinton and therefore it is incorrect to say that more people wanted Trump.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Holy shit you guys....I understand the electoral college. My point is you can't say that more people wanted Trump when he LOST THE POPULAR VOTE.

No, you can just say that people in more states wanted Trump. Do you really want people in the largest cities determining how the whole country is run? Agriculture would go to shit. Starting to sound a little hunger gamish.
    And AGAIN....you must have a thick skull....that has nothing to do with Clinton winning the popular vote. I'm not saying to do away with the electoral college....I'm saying you CAN'T say that more people wanted Trump. They didn't. By 700,000 or so. That's a lot of people.
    More people in most states did not vote for Hillary. Maybe not the case in Cali, New York, Illinois...but those places do not represent the whole country...what am I not getting?

Okay, if all people's votes were thrown into a puddle, more individual people voted for Clinton...fair enough? Does not overcome the fact that most of the country outside of the hugely populated cities did not vote for her. This was not a local election, it is representative of each individual state.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Okay, if all people's votes were thrown into a puddle, more individual people voted for Clinton...fair enough? Does not overcome the fact that most of the country outside of the hugely populated cities did not vote for her. This was not a local election, it is representative of each individual state.
    And that still has nothing to do with whether or not more citizens voted for Trump or Clinton. More voted for Clinton.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

And that still has nothing to do with whether or not more citizens voted for Trump or Clinton. More voted for Clinton.
    Awesome, maybe she will win a local election in one of those blue places where so many voted for her...if she can stay out of jail.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Awesome, maybe she will win a local election in one of those blue places where so many voted for her...if she can stay out of jail.
    Oh the intelligent comment about her going to jail. Got it. I would normally ask "for what?" but I don't see a point.

• Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Oh the intelligent comment about her going to jail. Got it. I would normally ask "for what?" but I don't see a point.
    Exactly, she is irrelevant now. No point talking about her any further. In fact, if I never hear her name again, it will be too soon.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    neither trump nor clinton are innocent. they are both bullshit artists. clinton is not going to jail. to believe trump is not full of shit is insanely naive
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

neither trump nor clinton are innocent. they are both bullshit artists. clinton is not going to jail. to believe trump is not full of shit is insanely naive

To believe any politician is not full of shit is insanely naive.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

Patience man. Patience.

Think of whom you are talking to.
    and who would that be?
    People who are waiting for their wildest dreams to come true.
    fair enough. Trump won. I do think that there may be some legal contests coming though. Who knows. Right now the media and politicians are all trying to make nice.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    chadwick said:

true. This election was really no different than any other in terms of 'you got to pick the lesser of two evils'. Still surprises me how the pussy grabbing didn't 'Trump' all the emails etc.

That said. Voting for Obama never felt like picking the lesser of two evils. He was my type of person. You can call him an elitist snob. Whatever...The guy had soul. He had ideas. He had wisdom. He had a conscience.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    now we wait to see trump's great wall of america erected. i am willing to bet $$$ that there will not ever be a wall. i would be thoroughly shocked if a wall ever went up. it's just not going to happen. it's as if trump wants to go down in history as emperor trump. the trump dynasty begins the erecting of a wall to keep out the barbarians, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,301
    vaggar99 said:

chadwick said:

true. This election was really no different than any other in terms of 'you got to pick the lesser of two evils'. Still surprises me how the pussy grabbing didn't 'Trump' all the emails etc.

That said. Voting for him never felt like picking the lesser of two evils. He was my type of person. You can call him an elitist snob. Whatever...The guy had soul. He had ideas. He had wisdom. He had a conscience.
    You're going to get some opposition to a few of the statements; soul and conscience. He had neither of those qualities. But he's full of ideas and has wisdom on certain topics.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    chadwick said:

now we wait to see trump's great wall of america erected. i am willing to bet $$$ that there will not ever be a wall. i would be thoroughly shocked if a wall ever went up. it's just not going to happen. it's as if trump wants to go down in history as emperor trump. the trump dynasty begins the erecting of a wall to keep out the barbarians, yes/no?

Ironic that republicans took take so much pride in tearing down that wall 30 years ago now are eager to build one at our south border
  • Options
    soul & conscience... he sleeps at night like a baby when after all he is a ruthless businessman. i highly doubt he has a conscience. full of ideas, good ideas or bad ideas, he has ideas. he has some wisdom sure.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

chadwick said:

That said. Voting for him never felt like picking the lesser of two evils. He was my type of person. You can call him an elitist snob. Whatever...The guy had soul. He had ideas. He had wisdom. He had a conscience.
    You're going to get some opposition to a few of the statements; soul and conscience. He had neither of those qualities. But he's full of ideas and has wisdom on certain topics.
    funny, cuz i thought the pushback would be for the ideas and wisdom. You can't deny the soul. The man could dance, sing and could speak in some kind quatrain like cadence. Conscience is perhaps a little more subjective.

At the end of it, I think he was a deeply human person with some un-human like qualities. That's some of the appeal I see in PJ. This band is so outrageously awesome, yet they are constantly fucking up on stage. It's kind of crazy sometimes. You see so many lesser bands that can deliver note perfect shows, but they are kind of boring. Not PJ. Not Obama
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

tbergs said:

vaggar99 said:

chadwick said:

funny, cuz i thought the pushback would be for the ideas and wisdom. You can't deny the soul. The man could dance, sing and could speak in some kind quatrain like cadence. Conscience is perhaps a little more subjective.

At the end of it, I think he was a deeply human person with some un-human like qualities. That's some of the appeal I see in PJ. This band is so outrageously awesome, yet they are constantly fucking up on stage. It's kind of crazy sometimes. You see so many lesser bands that can deliver note perfect shows, but they are kind of boring. Not PJ. Not Obama
    I go back and forth on the soul piece. You make a good point. I think I'm relating it more to does he have a soul and that's what's tripping me up.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

chadwick said:

Ironic that republicans took take so much pride in tearing down that wall 30 years ago now are eager to build one at our south border
    Yeah, hard to believe we want to follow that old ideal. Frickin' wall. Will there be guard towers so they can shoot those attempting to come in illegally?

All I can think of is the Shawshank Redemption and Escape From Alcatraz, but now people will be trying to get in.
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/media/305826-trump-offered-kelly-gifts-hotel-stays-while-a-candidate
    Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Donald Trump unsuccessfully tried to give her gifts during the presidential campaign in what she called his attempt to influence journalists by "[working] the refs."

• Options
    edited November 2016

http://thehill.com/media/305826-trump-offered-kelly-gifts-hotel-stays-while-a-candidate

Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Donald Trump unsuccessfully tried to give her gifts during the presidential campaign in what she called his attempt to influence journalists by "[working] the refs."

Lol, stop watching Faux News!
    Hillary just gave her journalists a paycheck.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    guard towers every 1/4 mile - 1/2 mile. an entire military stationed at the wall. it'll be go time. locked & loaded.

release the hounds

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    tbergs said:

JC29856 said:

chadwick said:

Yeah, hard to believe we want to follow that old ideal. Frickin' wall. Will there be guard towers so they can shoot those attempting to come in illegally?

All I can think of is the Shawshank Redemption and Escape From Alcatraz, but now people will be trying to get in.
    Come one, come all! And, fuck the Wall!!
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

tbergs said:

JC29856 said:

chadwick said:

Come one, come all! And, fuck the Wall!!
    Where will Castle Black be? Will a bastard be a lord commander? We could have all the banished sex offenders and felons man it too!
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

PJPOWER said:

What you are really saying is you are a sore LOSER......Ha ha ha ha ha
    Perhaps a visit to a safe place might be helpful
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

chadwick said:

That said. Voting for Obama never felt like picking the lesser of two evils. He was my type of person. You can call him an elitist snob. Whatever...The guy had soul. He had ideas. He had wisdom. He had a conscience.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

Not really....just irritated at the ignorance shown by some of you

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    chadwick said:

Now we are talking. I will take that bet. How much $ are you willing to LOSE?
  • Options
    edited November 2016

muskydan said:

PJPOWER said:

Not really....just irritated at the ignorance shown by some of you
    i've really been struggling with the ignorance thing. It probably goes beyond that. Few people you meet in this world are ignorant or even uneducated. Yes, there are those who stand out as true idiots. But, they are still likely in the minority of Trump supporters. There are probably just as many on the left who would fall into the idiot category.

It's really about ideology more than anything. So, this is where things get complicated. Now you are having to look your relatives, friends, neighbor, coworkers in the face every day knowing they voted for a man you absolutely do not want representing you. Try to get an answer about all the nasty remarks and pussy grabbing, most Trump supporters will shrug. Why? Not because they agree with it, but there was an ideology in his words that got through and will not leave. This is probably similar to what happens in churches, mosques, temples etc. all day long.

It's cool to be pissed. I am with you. But, we 'liberals' got to get smart too.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/14/13623946/trump-electoral-college-votes

This is funny...four years ago Trump was going off on the electoral college because he was too stupid to realize the final vote count wasn't in yet.

Obama beat Romney by a few million votes.

• Options
    we're talking a wall not a fence. a wall across the entire length of the border. you should think about what it would take to erect this wall. countless onsite concrete plants scattered across the length of the border, quarries up the ass, hundreds of dump trucks, cement trucks & heavy equipment. some 17,000 - 34,500 laborers working shifts around the clock & in 109 degree temperatures engineers will be grabbing one another by the crotch. mexico will be paying for it all. i guarantee it... i guarantee it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/14/13623946/trump-electoral-college-votes

This is funny...four years ago Trump was going off on the electoral college because he was too stupid to realize the final vote count wasn't in yet.

Obama beat Romney by a few million votes.

Is the final vote count in yet for 2016 presidential race? Aren't you doing the same stupid popular vote thing?
This discussion has been closed.