Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    JC29856 said:

I keep talking about how hilarious the result will be given four more years of his absurdity... but a very underrated aspect to the result is the unveiling of the level of stupidity of the American public- that in itself is pretty damn funny.

He's orange.

Americans although we may not have been sure what they wanted in a president but obviously we were sure what we did NOT want.
    It's actually a very intelligent approach actually.
    I don't think you can say that when Trump lost the popular vote by 700,000
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

It must be blowing people's minds that as shitty of a person as Trump may be in person, people still like him better than that nasty Hildabeast. I don't think it has to do with racism at all, just anti-establishment/dynasty people in droves. Trump is face value, Clinton was payed for and was in the pockets of so many politicians and fully engulfed in a pay to play scheme. I would have voted for the Taco Bell dog over her. I don't even know why I'm still talking about her. She is a loser and her political status is now irrelevant.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

It must be blowing people's minds that as shitty of a person as Trump may be in person, people still like him better than that nasty Hildabeast. I don't think it has to do with racism at all, just anti-establishment/dynasty people in droves. Trump is face value, Clinton was payed for and was in the pockets of so many politicians and fully engulfed in a pay to play scheme. I would have voted for the Taco Bell dog over her. I don't even know why I'm still talking about her. She is a loser and her political status is now irrelevant.
    Again....not much support for your position given that Trump lost the popular vote by 700,000

He won. He threaded the needle and triumphed. But he did not get the majority vote.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I keep talking about how hilarious the result will be given four more years of his absurdity... but a very underrated aspect to the result is the unveiling of the level of stupidity of the American public- that in itself is pretty damn funny.

He's orange.

Americans although we may not have been sure what they wanted in a president but obviously we were sure what we did NOT want.
    You speak for all the Trump voters?

Are you sure there aren't a bunch of yokels that are yeehawing right now by their moonshine shacks thinking they've hit the big time?

I would concede that your options weren't great, but I think this result has set back any progress a few decades: the major parties have learned to campaign with promises such as 'If you vote for me I'll make your wildest dreams come true'. Hilary wasn't fantastic by any stretch, however Trump's general obscenity and ignorance for the job ahead made her a bitter pill to swallow in my mind.

Regardless... this is going to be fun. It might even work out, but at a bare minimum... it will be fun (speaking safely from afar I should qualify).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

Again....not much support for your position given that Trump lost the popular vote by 700,000

He won. He threaded the needle and triumphed. But he did not get the majority vote.
    So what? This is a democratic republic, not a Shitcago/New York/LA mob run country. The democrats made it evident that they don't give a shit about people living in the rest of the country and the people of the majority of the country made it evident that they do not like democrats. It was not just Hillary that lost, but damn near the whole Democratic Party. Trump is the most liberal republican in a long time, isn't that the best the left could hope for out of a republican president?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

He's orange.

Electoral votes are all you need, all you need is Electoral votes
    Electoral votes
    Electoral votes

Checkmate

Cannot argue popular vote under a electoral college format, like claiming you won a chess match playing with checker pieces.

Electoral college format discourages voting on both sides in dead red states and true blue states.

Clinton won California with 5,931,283 to Trump’s 3,184,721.
    Trump won Texas with 4,681,590 to Clinton’s 3,867,816.

Why bother voting for Trump in Cal or Hilliary in Tex?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

And then again... there is this perspective which I can appreciate.

But Trump? I don't know, man. That's a hell of a price to stick it to the establishment.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

He's orange.

Electoral votes are all you need, all you need is Electoral votes
    Electoral votes
    Electoral votes

Checkmate

Cannot argue popular vote under a electoral college format, like claiming you won a chess match playing with checker pieces.

Electoral college format discourages voting on both sides in dead red states and true blue states.

Clinton won California with 5,931,283 to Trump’s 3,184,721.
    Trump won Texas with 4,681,590 to Clinton’s 3,867,816.

Why bother voting for Trump in Cal or Hilliary in Tex?
    Texas
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

JC29856 said:

Trump was called a sociopath and con artist by cruz and Rubio, if Trump is elected they will support him.

Do they now?
    they will because they are cowards.
  • Options
    Trump: "In the case of abortion, I would make an exception for sexual assault. However, I've never managed to impregnate a woman that way."

nytimes.com/2016/11/14/us/politics/donald-trump-twitter-white-house.html
  • Options
    Holy shit you guys....I understand the electoral college. My point is you can't say that more people wanted Trump when he LOST THE POPULAR VOTE.

That's a simple thing to understand.

• Options

Holy shit you guys....I understand the electoral college. My point is you can't say that more people wanted Trump when he LOST THE POPULAR VOTE.

Patience man. Patience.

Think of whom you are talking to.
  • Options

Patience man. Patience.

and who would that be?
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

But Trump? I don't know, man. That's a hell of a price to stick it to the establishment.
    It is, the biggest middle finger that I can think of, right? I'm not happy about the Donald being president, but hopefully it is a wake up call to the smug politicians that never thought they would have to actually work.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

Patience man. Patience.

and who would that be?
    People who are waiting for their wildest dreams to come true.
  • Options
    Let's see how those politicians on both sides react to congressional term limits and lobby firms revolving door!
  • Options

No, you can just say that people in more states wanted Trump. Do you really want people in the largest cities determining how the whole country is run? Agriculture would go to shit. Starting to sound a little hunger gamish.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

It is, the biggest middle finger that I can think of, right? I'm not happy about the Donald being president, but hopefully it is a wake up call to the smug politicians that never thought they would have to actually work.
    Long term... maybe.

This is truly a wait and see type event. I am hoping he was simply yapping away with some of his bold promises. I get the feeling he was running for president just to run for president- a venture that spiralled upwards, slightly unexpectedly, and with results that he never initially imagined. Once things began to take the form of potentially working out for him... I feel he got excited and optimistic- unable to contain himself and act with levels of grace people in such positions normally do.

Who knows?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

So what? ?
    So what? The fact that more people voted for her kind of contradicts you saying "people like him better than her."

And racism has plenty to do with it. To not understand that, is to not understand what just happened here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    JC29856 said:

Let's see how those politicians on both sides react to congressional term limits and lobby firms revolving door!

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-transition-team-washington-insiders-2016-11
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725
    muskydan said:

Trump really loves the ladies: "You know, it doesn't really matter what [they] write as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

"You have to treat em like shit"

“I have days where, if I come home — and I don't want to sound too much like a chauvinist,” the Republican said, “but when I come home and dinner's not ready, I go through the roof.”

“I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing,” said Trump. “Unfortunately, after they're a star, the fun is over for me. It's like a creation process. It's almost like creating a building. It's pretty sad.”

“Why do people think it’s egotistical of you to say you could’ve gotten with Lady Di?” Stern asked him. “You could’ve gotten her, right? You could’ve nailed her.”

“I think I could have,” Trump said.

"All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."

For the creepy file: “If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Beauty queen Carrie Prejean wrote about the ‘Trump rule’ in her book, referring to the Miss USA pageant, of which Trump was co-owner. She claimed that the billionaire had the girls parade in front of him so he could separate those he found attractive from those he didn’t.

She wrote: “Many of the girls found this exercise humiliating. Some of the girls were sobbing backstage after [he] left, devastated to have failed even before the competition really began . . . it was as though we had been stripped bare.”

Take the creepy to eleven, don:

A tape of Trump's appearance on The Wendy Williams Show from 2013 has emerged, in which he cracks an inappropriate gag about his daughter (again). Asked by Williams what she and her father had in common, Ivanka replied "either real estate or golf."

Her father? He said: "Well, I was going to say sex, but I can't relate that to her" - pointing at his mortified daughter.

He tweeted this "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

Can the creepy dial go to 12, apparently so:
    Trump: “Now, somebody who a lot of people don’t give credit to but in actuality is really beautiful is Paris Hilton. I’ve known Paris Hilton from the time she’s 12, her parents are friends of mine, and the first time I saw her she walked into the room and I said, ‘Who the hell is that?’”

Stern: “Did you wanna bang her?”

Trump: “Well, at 12, I wasn’t interested. I’ve never been into that ... but she was beautiful.”

He went on to admit he'd watched her sex tape.

There's more, but you get the picture. Nice work, trump voters!

The Don is so entertaining on Stern, best interviewer on the planet. I cannot wait till he goes back on as President Donald Trump. You may want to buy a few extra boxes of Kleenex that week. I Hope Stern asks him how long it took to bang First Lady Melania in every room of the White House....
    Looks like you're the one who needs the kleenex based on your arousal from living vicariously through our sex offender president.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-transition-team-washington-insiders-2016-11
    Undrainable swamp?
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/305821-mcmullin-slams-bannon-appointment

McMullin gets it. How can you tell the racists to stop their attacks and then appoint Bannon? Fucking insane.

• Options
    JC29856 said:

That's an issue that I can support him on.

• Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

ENTERTAINMENT

Long term... maybe.

This is truly a wait and see type event. I am hoping he was simply yapping away with some of his bold promises. I get the feeling he was running for president just to run for president- a venture that spiralled upwards, slightly unexpectedly, and with results that he never initially imagined. Once things began to take the form of potentially working out for him... I feel he got excited and optimistic- unable to contain himself and act with levels of grace people in such positions normally do.

Who knows?
    Time will definitely tell. There are signs that some of his proposals are already in the works. That crazy wall may actually get built. Cannot remember where I read it, but I read the other day that funds were already allotted for it. That and a few gun control measures, such as national reciprocity and the Hearing Protection Act look to have easy paths...
  • Options

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/305821-mcmullin-slams-bannon-appointment

McMullin gets it. How can you tell the racists to stop their attacks and then appoint Bannon? Fucking insane.

Let me get this straight....
    Criticism for putting outsiders in his cabinet and criticism for putting insiders in his cabinet.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

No, you can just say that people in more states wanted Trump. Do you really want people in the largest cities determining how the whole country is run? Agriculture would go to shit. Starting to sound a little hunger gamish.
    And AGAIN....you must have a thick skull....that has nothing to do with Clinton winning the popular vote. I'm not saying to do away with the electoral college....I'm saying you CAN'T say that more people wanted Trump. They didn't. By 700,000 or so. That's a lot of people.

• Options

PJPOWER said:

And AGAIN....you must have a thick skull....that has nothing to do with Clinton winning the popular vote. I'm not saying to do away with the electoral college....I'm saying you CAN'T say that more people wanted Trump. They didn't. By 700,000 or so. That's a lot of people.
    Similar to saying you won a chess match playing under checkers format.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

PJPOWER said:

More people in most states did not vote for Hillary. Maybe not the case in Cali, New York, Illinois...but those places do not represent the whole country...what am I not getting? We have states and state rights for a reason. Shouldn't this discussion be in the Electoral College thread?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

Similar to saying you won a chess match playing under checkers format.
    Not at all. It would be saying you won the chess match playing chess rules but the guy that got all your pawns won versus your checkmate.

This discussion has been closed.