Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

^^^
    Health and car insurance are two different ballgames.
    President-elect Trumps plan will require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure. He proposes to allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system.
    He also proposes to modify the existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

There is mo evidence to support that. It is just a logical extension of Reaganomic principles that have objectively failed.
    The premium deduction, in combination with his other tax cuts would ensure that tax revenues would fall to incredible lows, which will be a problem for a leader who wants to increase spending in other areas.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    how come the OP hasn't changed the thread title to President Elect-Trump, he's the next POTUS ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    rgambs said:

^^^
    President-elect Trumps plan will require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure. He proposes to allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system.
    He also proposes to modify the existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

There is mo evidence to support that. It is just a logical extension of Reaganomic principles that have objectively failed.
    The premium deduction, in combination with his other tax cuts would ensure that tax revenues would fall to incredible lows, which will be a problem for a leader who wants to increase spending in other areas.
    If you focus on building a healthy society and giving people the tools to keep them healthy they will be more active in the workforce generating more income tax revenue.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

how come the OP hasn't changed the thread title to President Elect-Trump, he's the next POTUS ...

Why? Even those of us who approve of Obama call him just that, Obama.
    Not, Mr President Barack Obama.

There is no need for so much formality.
  • Options
    See you Americans lack respect for your leaders, here in Canada each and every one of us refer to our Prime Minister correctly...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

I have not heard you call President-elect Trump by name yet only derogatory terms.
  • Options

rgambs said:

^^^

If you focus on building a healthy society and giving people the tools to keep them healthy they will be more active in the workforce generating more income tax revenue.
    Sure, that's true. Not enough to make a difference though.
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

See you Americans lack respect for your leaders, here in Canada each and every one of us refer to our Prime Minister correctly...

Hahaha good one! You are right, I have never seen any posts here that were just Trudeau...
  • Options

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

I have not heard you call President-elect Trump by name yet only derogatory terms.
    I call him Trump. I have and I will continue to. It is not done in disrespect.
    Same with Sanders and Clinton and Bush and so on.
    That's just how I roll, I'm a last name guy.
  • Options
    I was being very sarcastic, most call him either PM, Justin or Trudeau and I sometimes call him PM sunny ways...hahahaha.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

I was being very sarcastic, most call him either PM, Justin or Trudeau and I sometimes call him PM sunny ways...hahahaha.

I figured you were, I was too but the internet needs a special font or something for sarcasm, it's much harder to read. The dotdotdots were indicative, but not absolute.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

Interesting, Fan.

You're pouring it on pretty thick living vicariously as an American. If you'd pay us much respect to our awesome PM... we might be able to take you somewhat seriously.

After getting drilled in our own federal election- when your 'Trump' only received seven votes nation wide (yours being one of them)- I tend to think this must be some form of consolation.

I'm looking forward to four years of hilariousness.

What percentage of the American public is orange?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

Interesting, Fan.

You're pouring it on pretty thick living vicariously as an American. If you'd pay us much respect to our awesome PM... we might be able to take you somewhat seriously.

After getting drilled in our own federal election- when your 'Trump' only received seven votes nation wide (yours being one of them)- I tend to think this must be some form of consolation.

PM Trudeau has not done anything wrong yet.
    It was natural for me in the beginning to oppose the transition of power that I was accustomed to.
    I can't wait for the next 4yrs of what President-elect Trump will say or do.
    Insert President-elect Trump pic here.
  • Options
    ^^^

Same.

Think of the moronic things he is going to say and do! It's going to be freaking hilarious.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    we all need mushrooms right now. who gots?
  • Options
    ^^^apparently you better consume all your drugs now ... president-elect trump will come and get them, hahahaha.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

^^^apparently you better consume all your drugs now ... president-elect trump will come and get them, hahahaha.

no way. one thing we all have in common is a desire to consume drugs.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    anyway, my soon to be exwife is as ignorant as any Trump supporter and she's probably a Hillary fan. so, go figure. all i got a to say is this world is full of idiots. its best you try not to be one of them. and for god sakes, can pearl jam put out some fucking music?
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

anyway, my soon to be exwife is as ignorant as any Trump supporter and she's probably a Hillary fan. so, go figure. all i got a to say is this world is full of idiots. its best you try not to be one of them. and for god sakes, can pearl jam put out some fucking music?

Don't hold back buddy.
    https://pearljam.com/video/lukin-acoustic-immagine-in-cornice
  • Options

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

Interesting, Fan.

PM Trudeau has not done anything wrong yet.
    It was natural for me in the beginning to oppose the transition of power that I was accustomed to.
    I can't wait for the next 4yrs of what President-elect Trump will say or do.
    Insert President-elect Trump pic here.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    the new reality: groping another human is a form of flattery. i suppose it's progressive.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN13628K
    James Woolsey, a former CIA director who has advised Trump on foreign policy, said several of Trump's campaign promises were "advocacy of a general direction" that may require compromise - including his signature pledge to build a wall on the border with Mexico.
    Woolsey told CNN that border security could be achieved with a combination of fence and wall. "I don’t think we ought to fall on our sword about the difference between a wall and fence. Maybe this will be cheaper because it’s mainly fence, but it’s a good fence. I wouldn’t have any problem with that myself," he said.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    edited November 2016

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKBN13628K
    James Woolsey, a former CIA director who has advised Trump on foreign policy, said several of Trump's campaign promises were "advocacy of a general direction" that may require compromise - including his signature pledge to build a wall on the border with Mexico.
    Woolsey told CNN that border security could be achieved with a combination of fence and wall. "I don’t think we ought to fall on our sword about the difference between a wall and fence. Maybe this will be cheaper because it’s mainly fence, but it’s a good fence. I wouldn’t have any problem with that myself," he said.

Maybe an invisible fence would be cheaper and then Mexico just has to tag and collar everyone...sheesh.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trump took down 2 political families quick fast in a hurry!
    Bush
    Clinton

• Options
    vaggar99 said:

the new reality that groping another human is a form of flattery. i suppose it's progressive.

Less germy than handshakes. Can't wait to try this out at work.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305708-report-trump-wants-to-split-his-time-between-washington-and-new

Here we go folks....I hope the right wingers remember the bullshit that the right wing media put Obama through every time he left the White House (regarding cost of the trips, etc.).

What will the cost be to guard a section of downtown Manhattan every time Cheeto Hitler wants to go home?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ^^^
    If he can win POTUS from his penthouse he won't have a problem running the country from it either.
    It's President-elect Trump not Cheeto hitler.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130

^^^
    If he can win POTUS from his penthouse he won't have a problem running the country from it either.
    It's President-elect Trump not Cheeto hitler.

No way you would have that attitude if Clinton would have won and suggested this.

Trump is already treating the job like it's part time.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.