Trump

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    pjalive21 said:

YIKES!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/media/donald-trump-on-lindsay-lohan/

Donald Trump said in a 2004 interview with Howard Stern about Lindsay Lohan that "deeply troubled" women are "always the best in bed," according to a CNN KFile review of the appearance.

In the hours of crude and misogynistic sex talk Trump engaged in when he appeared on The Howard Stern Show, one of the most common topics of discussion were famous women.
    Trump and Stern would often rate, rank, and describe in sexual terms female celebrities. In appearances reviewed by CNN's KFile, Trump also told Stern he would pay not to receive oral sex from Rosie O'Donnell and teased a recently-deceased Anna Nicole Smith for her large lips.
    A Trump campaign spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment on this story.
    The GOP nominee has faced widespread criticism for his past comments on women and sex. Last Friday, a 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape surfaced in which Trump, caught on hot mic, bragged about forcing himself on women and grabbing them by their genitals. Trump issued an apology for the comments in a video statement, but has continuously referred to the exchange as "locker room talk."
    CNNs KFile reported on Saturday that Trump, on Stern's show, approved of the radio shock jock calling his daughter, Ivanka, a "piece of ass" and described how he would go backstage at his pageants while contestants were naked. The Trump campaign has not responded to a CNN request for comment on that story.
    On Lindsay Lohan:
    In an appearance on Stern's show in December 2004, Trump initiated a conversation about actress Lindsay Lohan, who was 18 at the time.
    "What do you think of Lindsay Lohan?" Trump asked Stern.
    "I think she's hot," responded Stern.
    "There's something there right?" Trump said. "But you have to like freckles. I've seen a, you know, close up of her chest and a lot of freckles. Are you into freckles?"

"I'm not into freckles, but the red hair thing I like. I like her on the cover of Entertainment Weekly," said Stern.
    "Now does the father wreck, does that bother you a little bit?" Trump asked later in the conversation.
    "Howard feels that the father being a wreck is a good thing," interjected co-host Robin Quivers.
    "Oh yeah, because first of all, if the father's a wreck like the way he is--" Stern said.
    "Right," said Trump.
    "Can you imagine the sex with this troubled teen?" said Stern.
    "Yeah, you're probably right," Trump said. "She's probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed. How come the deeply troubled women, you know, deeply, deeply troubled, they're always the best in bed?"
    Stern responded, "Because they're looking for love, they're looking for positive affirmation, they're looking for a father figure who will love them and tell them they're wonderful and they'll never be enough. No matter how many times you tell them they're beautiful, no matter how many times you tell them you love them they want to suck it up more. They would drain you like a vampire until your head caved in if they could get more love."
    A representative for Lohan told CNN in an email, "Right now, Lindsay is choosing to focus on the positive things happening in her life and has decided to disregard the comments made about her by Presidential nominee Donald Trump. She is focusing on helping children around the world in need and that's where her passion is."
    Trump continued in the interview, "Well I have a friend Howard who's actually like a great Playboy, I mean, I don't say this about men, this guy does very well. He runs silent, runs deep as they say, like a submarine. He will only look for a crazy woman. He says, 'Donald, Donald, please, please, I only want the crazy women.'"
    "They're desperate," adds Stern.
    "What is this guy all about," said Trump. "But for some reason, what I said is true. It's just unbelievable. You don't want to be with them for long term, but for the short term there's nothing like it."
    On Rosie O'Donnell:
    In a February 2007 episode, Trump took aim at Rosie O'Donnell, who he had a long running feud with, saying he'd pay lots of money to not receive oral sex from her.

"Is there nothing she could do to get back in your good graces? If she came in and blew you?" asked Stern.
    "No, I'd pay a lot of money for that not to happen," Trump responded. "That's one of the most unattractive people. She took great offense at the fact I said she better be careful or I, or one of my friends would go and pick up her wife."
    On Anna Nicole Smith:
    Also in the February 2007 episode, Trump eventually moved on to Anna Nicole Smith, who had died four days earlier.
    "It looks like she had the lips pumped," Trump said. "For all of your many women listening why do women have their lips pumped? It is the most disgusting thing to look at these big fat pumped up tires."

Trump's distaste for women with big lips extended beyond Smith. In March 2011, Trump told actress Lisa Rinna on "Celebrity Apprentice" he thought she looked better because her lips had" a little reduction there."
    He followed up on the comments on YouTube.
    "I give her a little hard time. You know, she had those big puffed up lips, I don't know why women do that, but the lips we're like, gigantic," Trump said in a video on his YouTube blog. "It even affected her speech. And I see it so often in New York, especially in society women. A lot of them are good looking women, and then they show up one day and their lips are five times their size."
    CNNMoney (New York)
    First published October 14, 2016: 11:39 AM ET

why didn't the RNC dig all this shit up to sabotage his run in the primaries? that would have been the smart thing to do.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

pjalive21 said:

YIKES!!!

Donald Trump said in a 2004 interview with Howard Stern about Lindsay Lohan that "deeply troubled" women are "always the best in bed," according to a CNN KFile review of the appearance.

In the hours of crude and misogynistic sex talk Trump engaged in when he appeared on The Howard Stern Show, one of the most common topics of discussion were famous women.
    Trump and Stern would often rate, rank, and describe in sexual terms female celebrities. In appearances reviewed by CNN's KFile, Trump also told Stern he would pay not to receive oral sex from Rosie O'Donnell and teased a recently-deceased Anna Nicole Smith for her large lips.
    A Trump campaign spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment on this story.
    The GOP nominee has faced widespread criticism for his past comments on women and sex. Last Friday, a 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape surfaced in which Trump, caught on hot mic, bragged about forcing himself on women and grabbing them by their genitals. Trump issued an apology for the comments in a video statement, but has continuously referred to the exchange as "locker room talk."
    CNNs KFile reported on Saturday that Trump, on Stern's show, approved of the radio shock jock calling his daughter, Ivanka, a "piece of ass" and described how he would go backstage at his pageants while contestants were naked. The Trump campaign has not responded to a CNN request for comment on that story.
    On Lindsay Lohan:
    In an appearance on Stern's show in December 2004, Trump initiated a conversation about actress Lindsay Lohan, who was 18 at the time.
    "There's something there right?" Trump said. "But you have to like freckles. I've seen a, you know, close up of her chest and a lot of freckles. Are you into freckles?"

"I'm not into freckles, but the red hair thing I like. I like her on the cover of Entertainment Weekly," said Stern.
    "Now does the father wreck, does that bother you a little bit?" Trump asked later in the conversation.
    "Howard feels that the father being a wreck is a good thing," interjected co-host Robin Quivers.
    "Oh yeah, because first of all, if the father's a wreck like the way he is--" Stern said.
    "Right," said Trump.
    "Yeah, you're probably right," Trump said. "She's probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed. How come the deeply troubled women, you know, deeply, deeply troubled, they're always the best in bed?"
    Stern responded, "Because they're looking for love, they're looking for positive affirmation, they're looking for a father figure who will love them and tell them they're wonderful and they'll never be enough. No matter how many times you tell them they're beautiful, no matter how many times you tell them you love them they want to suck it up more. They would drain you like a vampire until your head caved in if they could get more love."
    A representative for Lohan told CNN in an email, "Right now, Lindsay is choosing to focus on the positive things happening in her life and has decided to disregard the comments made about her by Presidential nominee Donald Trump. She is focusing on helping children around the world in need and that's where her passion is."
    Trump continued in the interview, "Well I have a friend Howard who's actually like a great Playboy, I mean, I don't say this about men, this guy does very well. He runs silent, runs deep as they say, like a submarine. He will only look for a crazy woman. He says, 'Donald, Donald, please, please, I only want the crazy women.'"
    "What is this guy all about," said Trump. "But for some reason, what I said is true. It's just unbelievable. You don't want to be with them for long term, but for the short term there's nothing like it."
    On Rosie O'Donnell:
    In a February 2007 episode, Trump took aim at Rosie O'Donnell, who he had a long running feud with, saying he'd pay lots of money to not receive oral sex from her.

"Is there nothing she could do to get back in your good graces? If she came in and blew you?" asked Stern.
    "No, I'd pay a lot of money for that not to happen," Trump responded. "That's one of the most unattractive people. She took great offense at the fact I said she better be careful or I, or one of my friends would go and pick up her wife."
    On Anna Nicole Smith:
    Also in the February 2007 episode, Trump eventually moved on to Anna Nicole Smith, who had died four days earlier.
    "It looks like she had the lips pumped," Trump said. "For all of your many women listening why do women have their lips pumped? It is the most disgusting thing to look at these big fat pumped up tires."

Trump's distaste for women with big lips extended beyond Smith. In March 2011, Trump told actress Lisa Rinna on "Celebrity Apprentice" he thought she looked better because her lips had" a little reduction there."
    "I give her a little hard time. You know, she had those big puffed up lips, I don't know why women do that, but the lips we're like, gigantic," Trump said in a video on his YouTube blog. "It even affected her speech. And I see it so often in New York, especially in society women. A lot of them are good looking women, and then they show up one day and their lips are five times their size."
    CNNMoney (New York)

why didn't the RNC dig all this shit up to sabotage his run in the primaries? that would have been the smart thing to do.
    Clinton's campaign said, back in the summer, that the R candidates committed political malpractice. Now we know what that means. I don't know if the campaign is feeding these stories to the press or not. It wouldn't surprise me. And if they are, very clever to do it after the time to remove Trump from the ballots in the key states has passed.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213

pjalive21 said:

YIKES!!!

On Lindsay Lohan:

"Right," said Trump.
    On Rosie O'Donnell:

On Anna Nicole Smith:

CNNMoney (New York)

I'm sure they and the whole country thought no way can this guy get to the finish line ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772

Like the nation needs more proof what else can we find out about this POS human , it's right there on video that was the real Trump boasting about it !

yet, this woman is defending him?

http://truthfeed.com/ann-coulter-the-same-media-gasping-in-horror-at-pssy-sure-didnt-mind-my-being-called-a-cnt-repeatedly/29199/
    I won't get into this now, but we are also seeing the difference between strategy and tactics. Trump has run a tactical campaign. Clinton has been playing the long game from the start. This would be an interesting subject for after the election.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    mrussel1 said:

I won't get into this now, but we are also seeing the difference between strategy and tactics. Trump has run a tactical campaign. Clinton has been playing the long game from the start. This would be an interesting subject for after the election.

Breitbart vs The Secretary of State
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mrussel1 said:

I said to a coworker yesterday that this election will undoubtedly be a subject in political science classes for many years to come.

www.headstonesband.com

cutz said:

Like the nation needs more proof what else can we find out about this POS human , it's right there on video that was the real Trump boasting about it !

http://truthfeed.com/ann-coulter-the-same-media-gasping-in-horror-at-pssy-sure-didnt-mind-my-being-called-a-cnt-repeatedly/29199/
    what a tool. it's not about the fucking word. I couldn't give two shits if obama or trump or anyone else says that word. it's about the conduct of sexual assault.

www.headstonesband.com

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    mrussel1 said:

Just shows how dangerous HRC and her machine is...they out did WikiLeaks dropping emails and then let Trump hang himself and this story of sexual assualt was picked up by the media over Wikileaks, which of course is in HRC back pocket....i said this a long time ago and ill say it again HRC knows how to play the game...

game, set, match...this election is over
    what a piece of garbage:

Actress Marlee Matlin responded on Friday afternoon to a Daily Beast report about Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump calling her “retarded” for being deaf. “The term is abhorrent and should never be used,” Matlin said in a statement posted on her Twitter page. “The fact that we are talking about this during a very important moment in American history has upset me deeply.” The Daily Beast story came amid a series of reports about Donald Trump’s alleged serial sexual misconduct with women. “As a person who is deaf, as a woman, as a mom, as a wife, as an actor, I have a voice,” Matlin continued. “And I’m using that voice to make myself heard...and vote.”

www.headstonesband.com

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

For sure. This oppo dump has been ready and waiting for months. The people who backed Trump had this idea that the dems would turn every Republican into a sexist (which of course they would and have always done) so why not back the guy who could stand up to that nonsense. What those shortsighted individuals failed to realize (yet should have) is that Trump would eventually get smothered in allegations. He can't conceivably fight them all off as liars while asking the public to hear out the complaints of the Clinton victims simultaneously. His only hope, and it's a faint one at best, is that the public just tunes it all out and votes for change. The metrics still point to a change election and the Trump tactical gamble is a massive one.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited October 2016
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

PJPOWER said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Sad that an issue such as sexual assault is being used in a twisted game...i dont believe not a one of these women and i believe Trump is a pervert...timing is everything and these women are trying to catch their 15min

So you think the reporter from People is lying regarding her encounter?
    She of all of them i question the most....she could have taken Trump down at any point working the media but she chooses now? Look ive been a victim of assault when i was a child so i understand the severity of the situation but have also seen good people (not saying Trump is good, not even close) taken down for now good reason either....she had a platform that at any point could have ran the story, I know i would have ran it way before he ran for president

Why woudl she lie and put herself out there like this, open to attack and lawsuits?
    Money?
    How is she earning money for this? And if Trump sues her, how is that a net positive decision?
    I don't know, but if she is lying, money and fame are usually pretty good motives. Who would be most to gain from this story would be where the money came from...Who knows, but without any evidence or witnesses, one has to be skeptical.
    So your position is that she MIGHT make some money from this, so therefore she is lying. Even though it's beyond dispute that 1. She interviewed them in Mar Lago and 2. Her very vivid description matches closely with what he said he does. Isn't there some cognitive dissonance in that?
    Where did I ever say that my position is that she is lying. I'm just saying that I require a little validation or evidence before I believe something. Just saying that she could be lying...or she could be telling the truth...who knows?
    Remember, most of these women told other people about the assaults immediately after they happened. Those people corroborated their stories. That holds a lot of weight to me.
    Same here.
    Look, if it were one woman maybe I'd question. But it's several women, and all their stories match what Trump bragged about and are consistent with proven ongoing behaviour in his past. And as said, these women did mention these experiences to others when they happened, and those people appear to be backing up those claims. I don't have any doubt anymore.
    This reminds me of when the whole Cosby story started breaking. At first, I kind of gave Cosby the benefit of the doubt. But as more and more women came forward, it because clear that the benefit of the doubt was absolutely destroyed. And that was with a man who had a squeaky clean reputation as far as most people knew, so probably earned the benefit of the doubt at the beginning. With Trump, he had a terrible reputation already in this context, with so many comments over the years pointing towards his pervo/predatory attitide about women, and then he said what he did out loud on video. Now with all these women coming forward with same stories, considering the evidence we had already about Trump's attitude and behaviour (including spousal rape accusations from his ex-wife and a civil suit for child rape), I think anyone who doubts that Trump is sexual predator who goes around groping women is in complete denial at this point.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

For sure. This oppo dump has been ready and waiting for months. The people who backed Trump had this idea that the dems would turn every Republican into a sexist (which of course they would and have always done) so why not back the guy who could stand up to that nonsense. What those shortsighted individuals failed to realize (yet should have) is that Trump would eventually get smothered in allegations. He can't conceivably fight them all off as liars while asking the public to hear out the complaints of the Clinton victims simultaneously. His only hope, and it's a faint one at best, is that the public just tunes it all out and votes for change. The metrics still point to a change election and the Trump tactical gamble is a massive one.
    And here's the next phase of the campaign... Clinton specifically sought to separate Trump from Republican establishment. Make it about him, not his 'party', not even his politics. She didn't go after the GOP broadly. But now, after the 'every man for himself' message by Ryan, Obama and Clinton have spent this week tying the Republicans back to Trump. Look at the speeches yesterday. Now the House is in play and the Senate is easily 50/50 whereas two weeks ago, both looked out of reach. The GOP up for election are in a really, really bad bind.
    pjalive21 said:

mrussel1 said:

Just shows how dangerous HRC and her machine is...they out did WikiLeaks dropping emails and then let Trump hang himself and this story of sexual assualt was picked up by the media over Wikileaks, which of course is in HRC back pocket....i said this a long time ago and ill say it again HRC knows how to play the game...

From a purely political standpoint (not making any moral judgments) it's absolutely vicious and brutal politics. It's fucking brilliant and Hugh Dillon is right. It will be studied in polysci classes.

Now I'm making a judgment. Who do you want running our foreign policy apparatus? DJT who acts like this?? Or Clinton who is strategic, brillian, and icy cold. I know who I'd rather have up against Putin.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

What nonsense that he actually attacks women and boast about it , it's ok to admit that you might of been wrong ...Metrics what metrics his down in all the polls except the one's in Trump tower ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    cutz said:

So Jim, just wondering, are you still undecided?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

mrussel1 said:

From a purely political standpoint (not making any moral judgments) it's absolutely vicious and brutal politics. It's fucking brilliant and Hugh Dillon is right. It will be studied in polysci classes.

Now I'm making a judgment. Who do you want running our foreign policy apparatus? DJT who acts like this?? Or Clinton who is strategic, brillian, and icy cold. I know who I'd rather have up against Putin.
    Completely agree on that aspect about it being brilliant politics and it will be studied, but do you think this sets the precedence for the future?? or do you think the political reset button is hit???

as far as running the foreign policy ive seen a small sample size with Benghazi and yes i know that can be debated all night long but im not sold in that aspect Your thoughts on Trump in that issue are spot on but lets be glad they are surrounded by generals and whatnot that help makes those decisions

Post edited by pjalive21 on

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

What nonsense that he actually attacks women and boast about it , it's ok to admit that you might of been wrong ...Metrics what metrics his down in all the polls except the one's in Trump tower ...
    Might have been wrong? I don't like Trump. He is exactly who I thought he was. Not sure what you're talking about. Also the metrics have been pointing for a "change" candidate since the early days of the election and that has never shifted. It still hasn't the question is whether people are willing to entrust Trump with that change? Hillary is not liked and her favourability numbers are piss poor. She only very rarely gets above 45% in any poll. The problem is that Trump's numbers are worse. For anybody to call this a celebratory selection of Hillary Clinton and her non-existent platform is kidding themselves. It is a depressing choice of the status quo over buffoonery.
    Trump supporters chant "lock her up" about the People writer who accused Trump. Just when you think this crowd can get no lower, they do.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-natasha-stoynoff-crowds-lock-her-up-229811
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Might have been wrong? I don't like Trump. He is exactly who I thought he was. Not sure what you're talking about. Also the metrics have been pointing for a "change" candidate since the early days of the election and that has never shifted. It still hasn't the question is whether people are willing to entrust Trump with that change? Hillary is not liked and her favourability numbers are piss poor. She only very rarely gets above 45% in any poll. The problem is that Trump's numbers are worse. For anybody to call this a celebratory selection of Hillary Clinton and her non-existent platform is kidding themselves. It is a depressing choice of the status quo over buffoonery.
    But yet she won the nomination. She beat everyone that ran against her.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

She sure did but nobody would call Bernie Sanders or Martin O Malley a strong field.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

She sure did but nobody would call Bernie Sanders or Martin O Malley a strong field.
    Oh yeah? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Trump admits assaulting women - women come forward about being assaulted by Trump.

Does this need much discussing beyond whether his number of crimes reach Cosby levels?

He is not even up to Bill Clinton levels yet, lol
    Wow, Bill is running for president?
    If his wife played part it matters. I'll bet she did, and the women said she did. Are they lying but the Trump women all telling the truth?
    unsung said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Trump admits assaulting women - women come forward about being assaulted by Trump.

Does this need much discussing beyond whether his number of crimes reach Cosby levels?

If his wife played part it matters. I'll bet she did, and the women said she did. Are they lying but the Trump women all telling the truth?
    in your defense she did come out and attack the accusers and they were on Hannity last night and backed up those claims, so we have to take their word if we are taking on the 19 women who are accusing Trump

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trumps trying to do a state of the election televised announcement about the wikileaks next week
    unsung said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

I would agree with your first sentence.

www.headstonesband.com

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah. O'Malley was for the most part considered to be a failed governor and Sanders was not even an official Democratic Party member until shortly before the primary. Sanders may have had the excitement of the left but he was never going to win and the party establishment made sure of that. That is basically what you call a thin bench and/or open field.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah. O'Malley was for the most part considered to be a failed governor and Sanders was not even an official Democratic Party member until shortly before the primary. Sanders may have had the excitement of the left but he was never going to win and the party establishment made sure of that. That is basically what you call a thin bench and/or open field.
    I'm not all that familiar with what you mean by "thin bench" (sporting term I assume) but it alludes to weakness and you can't call someone who drew (and still has) as much support as Bernie and call him a week component in politics. Plus you said "nobody" and I and others are not nobody.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm not all that familiar with what you mean by "thin bench" (sporting term I assume) but it alludes to weakness and you can't call someone who drew (and still has) as much support as Bernie and call him a week component in politics. Plus you said "nobody" and I and others are not nobody.
    It is a sporting term...as in "The Cleveland Indians have a thin bench". But as far as Sanders is concerned I can call him a "weak component in politics" because while he generated excitement it was never enough to amount to anything other then a few electoral victories. Where is he channeling all this energy too? He endorsed the complete opposite of what he apparently stood for and cashed out in the process. He will be forgotten.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

what a piece of garbage:

Actress Marlee Matlin responded on Friday afternoon to a Daily Beast report about Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump calling her “retarded” for being deaf. “The term is abhorrent and should never be used,” Matlin said in a statement posted on her Twitter page. “The fact that we are talking about this during a very important moment in American history has upset me deeply.” The Daily Beast story came amid a series of reports about Donald Trump’s alleged serial sexual misconduct with women. “As a person who is deaf, as a woman, as a mom, as a wife, as an actor, I have a voice,” Matlin continued. “And I’m using that voice to make myself heard...and vote.”

She sadly knows how they feel since William Hurt aassaulted her around the time Children of a Lesser God came out.
This discussion has been closed.