Trump

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Doesn't Hilliary cheerlead the bombing of majority Muslim nations?
    Trump calls a bigly a bigly
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Calling a spade is spade is a racist remark? holy shit you guys are ridiculous! grow some thick skin please. next I hear I won't be able to say " that's the pot calling the kettle black" lol

Yup.
    Maybe you two could not play the victim card and open your mind up some. Spade is a racist term and has been for a very long time, depending on the context it's used in. In this case, it came across racist. If you didn't know spade can be racist, well now you know. There's other racist terms that have been around for a long time, but fortunately, are on their way out of usage. If you watch old movies with people under the age of 30, some of the term they've never heard before.
    My God it s a racist word from the freaking 1920s! I hope you didn't like the song "hip hop horray!" Lol.
    I heard it all the way through the eighties and into the nineties. Are you guys just discovering that words can have different meaning depending on context?
    You heard people call blacks spades in the 80s and 90s? I m just not buying it. It s an old word that obviously has different meaning.
    You think I'm just making that up? That was when I lived in Indiana. People would say that shit right to a black person's face.
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Calling a spade is spade is a racist remark? holy shit you guys are ridiculous! grow some thick skin please. next I hear I won't be able to say " that's the pot calling the kettle black" lol

Yup.
    Maybe you two could not play the victim card and open your mind up some. Spade is a racist term and has been for a very long time, depending on the context it's used in. In this case, it came across racist. If you didn't know spade can be racist, well now you know. There's other racist terms that have been around for a long time, but fortunately, are on their way out of usage. If you watch old movies with people under the age of 30, some of the term they've never heard before.
    My God it s a racist word from the freaking 1920s! I hope you didn't like the song "hip hop horray!" Lol.
    I heard it all the way through the eighties and into the nineties. Are you guys just discovering that words can have different meaning depending on context?
    You heard people call blacks spades in the 80s and 90s? I m just not buying it. It s an old word that obviously has different meaning.
    You think I'm just making that up? That was when I lived in Indiana. People would say that shit right to a black person's face.
    No I don't think you're making it up.
    I have to constantly remind myself I am in a chatroom that is filled with Americans - different culture than us but many similarities.
    So I apologize if spade is not a racist term to me nor never will be. It was not a word we used to associate racism.
    Racism just can't seem to be let go by Americans as evidenced by a poster on here getting called a racist for using the word spade.
    He can't win with the bullshit that people will accuse him of especially when he didn't mean it that way - kind of like Trump.
    Zero undertones - a spade is a spade.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yup.
    I have to constantly remind myself I am in a chatroom that is filled with Americans - different culture than us but many similarities.
    So I apologize if spade is not a racist term to me nor never will be. It was not a word we used to associate racism.
    Racism just can't seem to be let go by Americans as evidenced by a poster on here getting called a racist for using the word spade.
    He can't win with the bullshit that people will accuse him of especially when he didn't mean it that way - kind of like Trump.

There's about 20 words that have historically been used as racist terms in this country. You can just watch Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase's famous skit on SNL to hear them all together. It's understandable that it's not like that in Canada, but here spade is still racist. And connecting it to the super predator comment made it explicitly racist.
  • Here is a newspaper in Canada describing the debate that unfolded tonight that generally pulls no punches or calls spades.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/presidential-debate-2-2016-live

Is this an accurate take?

Here is a newspaper in Canada describing the debate that unfolded tonight that generally pulls no punches or calls spades.

If it says that the debate was disgusting, embarrassing and a shit show, then yes it's accurate.
  • mrussel1 said:

Here is a newspaper in Canada describing the debate that unfolded tonight that generally pulls no punches or calls spades.

If it says that the debate was disgusting, embarrassing and a shit show, then yes it's accurate.
    For who?

mrussel1 said:

For who?
    For America.

mrussel1 said:

For who?
    For America.
  • mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

JC29856 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yup.

There's about 20 words that have historically been used as racist terms in this country. You can just watch Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase's famous skit on SNL to hear them all together. It's understandable that it's not like that in Canada, but here spade is still racist. And connecting it to the super predator comment made it explicitly racist.
    True.
    Historically.
    But I really do think that JC29856 was not speaking in historical terms to give an impression of being a racist.
    If anything it was the radlibs waiting to pounce on redmeat that doesn't think like them.
    Super predator is a Hillary term not historical nor JC29856ical
  • Unsung,ledvedder and Paul just prove my point.

Why ask for Trumps Wall when you built one for yourselves to block facts coming from me and others?

Did I just get lumped in with unsung? And did I just get get called a Republican?
    No you are just being attacked by liberal hate.
    It is vicious and unforgiving.
    They are upset that Trump is still around and has very, very good possibility of being POTUS.

It must be infuriating that Trump is a constant thread on the first page of this oh so heavenly thing called AMT.
    I never would've once thought that all the Hillary supporters could not even gather a win to get Trump off the first page of AMT.
    Hmmm.....

what an odd thing to say. why do think it would be infuriating to his detractors that he is on the first page? it is mostly his detractors posting in this thread as he gives so much material to discuss.
    If he has so many strong detractors how about starting another thread in AMT about Trump.
    Let's see how far that gets you.
    In fact I will give you a title "Trump detractors post here"
  • No one should censor the word nigger when talking about the word being used. The shock factor of reading the word is incrediby important in getting rid of the word forever

Hell, you can have that word in a Pg13 movie now if it's for historical context like Ray, 42 and Get On Up. Blazing Saddles could be PG13 today.
    Calling a spade a spade would be like me saying that every time a poster talks about movies they wish they could say something else.
    Yet every time movies come up.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

So let me guess there's posters here who believe that's it's ok to condone & promote sexual assault on women like this Predator Trump has been doing for yrs ...

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I have seen that written anywhere. There are people though who think Trump's comments are disgusting yet less disgusting then Bill and Hillary's actions.
    Wrong. People defended the comments as normal.
    I dont think so. i saw people saying that lewd comments among men were normal. no one was saying that admitting to sexual assault was normal.
    Did you read someone else's post and then reply to mine by accident?
    People were saying that what Trump said was normal banter among men and that all men talk like that. They defended his comments about sexual assault as normal.
    Yeah, we are all very clear on how you read those comments. Mcgruff very openly distanced himself from his original point when he was told of the sexual assault comments. The story he read did not provide the full context, from what i understand. I believe there was only one person here who stated they know people who talk like that. Cant recall who.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

PJ_Soul said:

alec baldwin playing trump on snl is gold. but then, someone on facebook mentioned the irony of that, with the leak of his message to his daughter calling her a disgusting pig. forgot about that.

That didn't escape me, but how is that really relevant to this conversation?
    Sorry. I didnt mean to speak out of turn.

www.headstonesband.com

JC29856 said:

Since we don't have any self admitting racists

Perceived racial slur
    The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur against African Americans, which was not recorded until 1928; however, in contemporary U.S. society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the slur.

To "call a spade a spade" is a figurative expression which refers to calling something "as it is", that is, by its right or proper name, without "beating about the bush"—being outspoken about it, truthfully, frankly, and directly, even to the point of being blunt or rude, and even if the subject is considered coarse, impolite, or unpleasant. The idiom originates in the classical Greek of Plutarch's Apophthegmata Laconica, and was introduced into the English language in 1542 in Nicolas Udall's translation of the Apophthegmes, where Erasmus had seemingly replaced Plutarch's images of "trough" and "fig" with the more familiar "spade." The idiom has appeared in many literary and popular works, including those of Oscar Wilde, Charles Dickens, W. Somerset Maugham, and Jonathan Swift.

I honestly never knew this was originally a racist phrase. I thought it meant speaking your mind!

www.headstonesband.com

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Wow. I never knew that was a racial term. And I live in the sticks of southern Illinois and have some seriously racist stuff. Interesting.

Unsung,ledvedder and Paul just prove my point.

Why ask for Trumps Wall when you built one for yourselves to block facts coming from me and others?

Did I just get lumped in with unsung? And did I just get get called a Republican?
    They are upset that Trump is still around and has very, very good possibility of being POTUS.

It must be infuriating that Trump is a constant thread on the first page of this oh so heavenly thing called AMT.
    I never would've once thought that all the Hillary supporters could not even gather a win to get Trump off the first page of AMT.
    Hmmm.....

what an odd thing to say. why do think it would be infuriating to his detractors that he is on the first page? it is mostly his detractors posting in this thread as he gives so much material to discuss.
    If he has so many strong detractors how about starting another thread in AMT about Trump.
    Heres a little project for you. Go through this entire thread and estimate what percentage of posters are trump supporters. You honestly believe that the majority here support trump? Pass the grass, man, you got some good shit.

Just like the hillary thread, its not all about support. Its a an all encompassing discussion on the topic.

www.headstonesband.com

• Wow. I never knew that was a racial term. And I live in the sticks of southern Illinois and have some seriously racist stuff. Interesting.

If Trump said "Good Morning Sunshine" he would be called racist also.
    I say good morning sunshine all the time.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016

Hmmm.....

Heres a little project for you. Go through this entire thread and estimate what percentage of posters are trump supporters. You honestly believe that the majority here support trump? Pass the grass, man, you got some good shit.

Just like the hillary thread, its not all about support. Its a an all encompassing discussion on the topic.

Again.
    Start a thread in AMT about Trump non - support and see what happens.
    edited October 2016

Hmmm.....

Again.
    It would be the top of page one and stay there. Just like this one. Imagine that?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

Hmmm.....

Again.
    It would be the top of page one and stay there.
    So do it!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I'm fairly certain when we had our moving train poll, Trump had the least of any of the four party candidates.

Hmmm.....

Again.
    So do it!
    Um, we dont need two threads of the same content.

www.headstonesband.com

Hmmm.....

Again.
    So do it!
    You are right. What do you think of this article?
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-debate-161009233412338.html

Hmmm.....

Again.
    So do it!
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-presidential-debate-161009233412338.html

Bigly for sure.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962

Wow. I never knew that was a racial term. And I live in the sticks of southern Illinois and have some seriously racist stuff. Interesting.

If Trump said "Good Morning Sunshine" he would be called racist also.
    I say good morning sunshine all the time.
    I don't think we were talking about something Trump said, it's what someone said in the thread. I could probably come up with some more racist slurs that you haven't heard of, but I'm not sure what good that would do.

Hmmm.....

Again.
    So do it!

It is an honest commentary on the debate, most of which i was able to watch. I actually agreed with trump's accusation that the moderators at first seemed to be favouring clinton if she went over the 2 minutes, but would stop him in his tracks the second he went over. That seemed to change after he called them on it.

Trump didnt answer one question on policy. He deflected and insulted hillary and bill and obama. I'm not sure he understands that obama isn't running. Lol. At what point does he stop the "in 30 years she did nothing" and talk about what HE will do, and more importantly, how he will accomplish it? His own running mate disagrees with him on policy, AND calls his comments on Pussygate indefensible. I have never seen such a thing in an election before.

www.headstonesband.com

I'm calling a bigly a bigly

Melania was wearing a Gucci pink pussy-bow shirt tonight.
This discussion has been closed.