Trump

Comments

• "very, very good possibility" of Trump winning? Sorry man, but there's a very, very SLIM chance of that. If he does what we all think he will do tomorrow night, he is done.

He is on a very short list.
    "There was no doubt among democrats that Trump would be on the ballot in November. No way for his name to be removed...
    http://time.com/4523983/donald-trump-women-hillary-clinton-quiet/
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931

Do you think that's a possibility? They seem in too deep with that portion of their party. Ted Cruz isn't going away any time soon.

I dunno. I hate to "claim" Ted's biggest cheerleader, Mike Lee, in my home state. Rep. Chris Stewart, too. Tea Party should become the 3rd party. I've never been a Republican but I hate to see their rational members give way to kooks.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Wobbie said:

Repubs need to take their party back from the teabaggers if they ever want to win another presidential election (see: Palin, S and Trump, D)

No no no...that's just a mixing up of categories and history again. C'mon peoples...pay attention! Conservative anger with government spendig began during the Bush years but the tea party itself came to being AFTER McCain/Palin already lost. If anything McCain/Palin were not running on a small government/anti-spending platform and for that reason many small government conservatives actually stayed home. Try to remember that the McCain campaign joined with Bush and Obama and backed the bank bailouts during the financial crisis. The tea party was against that and continued to grow during the Obama stimulus and during the passage of Obamacare. Lastly this is not the same support that backstops Trump. Trump talks about the debt but he is not running as a small government conservative. Other then Obamacare he wants to maintain entitlements such as social security and medicare. He is not really a tea party candidate. Get yer facts right!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761

"very, very good possibility" of Trump winning? Sorry man, but there's a very, very SLIM chance of that. If he does what we all think he will do tomorrow night, he is done.

"There was no doubt among democrats that Trump would be on the ballot in November. No way for his name to be removed...
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to point out with this post.
    BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Repubs need to take their party back from the teabaggers if they ever want to win another presidential election (see: Palin, S and Trump, D)

No no no...that's just a mixing up of categories and history again. C'mon peoples...pay attention! Conservative anger with government spendig began during the Bush years but the tea party itself came to being AFTER McCain/Palin already lost. If anything McCain/Palin were not running on a small government/anti-spending platform and for that reason many small government conservatives actually stayed home. Try to remember that the McCain campaign joined with Bush and Obama and backed the bank bailouts during the financial crisis. The tea party was against that and continued to grow during the Obama stimulus and during the passage of Obamacare. Lastly this is not the same support that backstops Trump. Trump talks about the debt but he is not running as a small government conservative. Other then Obamacare he wants to maintain entitlements such as social security and medicare. He is not really a tea party candidate. Get yer facts right!
    even if I give you that, the repubs and "true" conservatives need to split.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

"very, very good possibility" of Trump winning? Sorry man, but there's a very, very SLIM chance of that. If he does what we all think he will do tomorrow night, he is done.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to point out with this post.
    That's the beauty of his posts. They are a total mystery.

unsung said:

Destabization of Libya and Syria come to mind. Creating ISIS comes to mind...isn't that enough?

We could add how much she has harassed women too.

unsung said:

Destabization of Libya and Syria come to mind. Creating ISIS comes to mind...isn't that enough?

We could add how much she has harassed women too.

pretty sure GWB was much more to blame than HRC for ISIS.

paraphrasing...."they'll welcome us as liberators".....with flowers and oil.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Is this fucking guy a joke or what? Talk about terrible timing. He holds out on his endorsement then caves and immediately Trump implodes. Now he's going to pull. What a douche Cruz is.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/300051-reports-cruz-considering-withdrawing-trump-endorsement
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    And the world will again be perfect to Glen Beck.
    Cruz is a joke. He truly is one of the most hated men in Congress.
    as much as I loathe Cruz, I had some respect for him by not endorsing the guy who called him "Lying Ted" and also planted the 6 affair story. It was emblematic of ridiculous partasionship that Ted ever endorsed Trump.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789

No .....Trumps statements on women aren't sexual assault TALK, yea ok

And Roger fuckin Ailes isn't on his team

And Ted Cruz was option 2 this year? How must he feel, like a used diaper

The Party that had Sarah Palin a heart beat away, Bush 2 who had Cheney run his legacy into the ground....seriously why was that asshole in charge again?

The Right has lost its Grip on reality.

At least Reagan was a gentleman, and wasn't a nut job

Hit reset responsible righties.....you need some time off

• It must be infuriating that Trump is a constant thread on the first page of this oh so heavenly thing called AMT.
    I never would've once thought that all the Hillary supporters could not even gather a win to get Trump off the first page of AMT.
    Hmmm.....
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692

It must be infuriating that Trump is a constant thread on the first page of this oh so heavenly thing called AMT.
    I never would've once thought that all the Hillary supporters could not even gather a win to get Trump off the first page of AMT.
    Hmmm.....

129 new posts on this thread since I last checked early this afternoon. Trump all over the media. Trump all over FaceBook and other social media. Trump signs popping up in yards, on bumper stickers.

Why I think I'll write a little song about it call the Trump Blitz Pitz

Trump in my coffee,
    Trump in my booze,
    Trump in my cereal,
    Trump up my nose.

It's the Blitz
    Pitz
    Trump
    Blitz

Trump in the water
    Trump in the air
    Trump in my brain cells
    Trump in my hair.

It's the Blitz
    Pitz
    Trump
    Blitz
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

Unsung,ledvedder and Paul just prove my point.

Why ask for Trumps Wall when you built one for yourselves to block facts coming from me and others?

Did I just get lumped in with unsung? And did I just get get called a Republican?
    Lumped in?

InHiding80, my helicopter is just getting warmed up.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

Mcgruff, seriously dude, how do you not get this.
    Grabbing a woman's genitals without permission is sexual assault.

Like I said, the three news sites I read today said nothing about grabbing without permission. I m obviously against that.
    That's what he said
    pjalive21 said:

haha how did I know I would come back to this forum regarding what Trump said and there would be people here acting wholier than though and claiming they have never spoke "locker room talk"...im going to call bullshit on every single one of you that you have NEVER said anything remotely like this...flat out you are a LIAR!

yes you are the same people who continually defend Bill Clinton and his sexscipades and HRC and her defending a rapist and then calling that girl a liar and getting the guy one of the lightest sentences a rapist should get...hypocrites...most of you and im tired of it

You can call bullshit all you want, that won't make it true.
    I would be ashamed to have friends that talk like that.
    You've never had a beer with your buddies and talked about which girls you'd like to get with?
    You talk about sexually assaulting women with your buddies?
    Jagoff comments like this almost make me want to vote Trump just to cancel your vote.

I find this to be a completely unacceptable, but not surprising.
    Well maybe you should stop trying to defend a guy who brags about sexually assaulting women.
    NO ONE HERE HAS DEFENDED SEXUALLY ASSAULTING WOMEN! You guys really take stuff to new levels. the main arguments in defense of trump have been: the conversations are 11 years old. it was a private conversation. it was words, no actions. it was guy talk. it was before he was running for president.
    So yes, you are defending someone who brags about sexually assaulting women. Keep it classy!
    Relax man, if you have balls you've heard shit far worse than this before.
    Maybe you need to hang around a better class of people...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

It must be infuriating that Trump is a constant thread on the first page of this oh so heavenly thing called AMT.
    Hmmm.....

I have actually found these metrics interesting for a very long time. This thread is up to about 70000 views since February and other then "the train car lounge" which has been around for many years it might be the most widely viewed and commented on page in the whole AMT. This is probably consistent with other social media sites such as facebook and twitter. It makes me wonder about the theory that "all attention is good attention" i.e. Trump for better or worse has driven every single aspect of this election since the moment he came down the escalator. He is giving people reality tv and people can't stop watching. No matter what happens we will all keep tuning in right until the season finale on election day.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Haters gonna hate!

I just saw a video of a kid on a playground using Trump's statements and tactics to get elected as teeball captain...it was supposed to be funny I think, but the scary thing is that even coming from a grade schoolers mouth it sounded unintelligent and pathetic!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    So let me guess there's posters here who believe that's it's ok to condone & promote sexual assault on women like this Predator Trump has been doing for yrs ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

So let me guess there's posters here who believe that's it's ok to condone & promote sexual assault on women like this Predator Trump has been doing for yrs ...

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I have seen that written anywhere. There are people though who think Trump's comments are disgusting yet less disgusting then Bill and Hillary's actions.
    BS44325 said:

Hmmm.....

I have actually found these metrics interesting for a very long time. This thread is up to about 70000 views since February and other then "the train car lounge" which has been around for many years it might be the most widely viewed and commented on page in the whole AMT. This is probably consistent with other social media sites such as facebook and twitter. It makes me wonder about the theory that "all attention is good attention" i.e. Trump for better or worse has driven every single aspect of this election since the moment he came down the escalator. He is giving people reality tv and people can't stop watching. No matter what happens we will all keep tuning in right until the season finale on election day.
    I think generally speaking, no attention is bad attention in today's world. Sad and pathetic as that may be. But there has to be a point where it is bad.... right? Sometime?
  • BS44325 said:

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I have seen that written anywhere. There are people though who think Trump's comments are disgusting yet less disgusting then Bill and Hillary's actions.
    It's going to be crazy at tonight's debate. I'm expecting Trump to acknowledge his comments, maybe even apologize, and then say "But...." and go right into Bill Clinton sexual assault allegations, which is what he's wants to do anyway. So in a very, very fucked-up way, this leaked audio of Trump might work in his favor, ridiculous as that sounds.

You know, I can almost live with Trump's past as a corrupt and fraudulent businessman, as well as the horrible policies he's trying to push during his campaign. Hey it's not like I was a fan of all the polices proposed by Gore, Bush, Obama, McCain, or Romney either. What drives me nuts is that he's not being held to the same standards that all past candidates have been. If any of the five guys I just mentioned did or said half the things Trump has, they'd be done.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Hmmm.....

I think generally speaking, no attention is bad attention in today's world. Sad and pathetic as that may be. But there has to be a point where it is bad.... right? Sometime?
    You would think but this is from Morning Consult just this morning

https://morningconsult.com/2016/10/09/republican-voters-remain-loyal-trump-first-national-poll-video/

The spread is 42-38 for Clinton which is about the same as it's been since the day this race started. Like you said it's pretty much 40-40 base of support and what happens in the middle? People have factored in his idiocy but also her dishonesty. She can't seem to rise above the low 40's and he can't seem to get above the high 30's. The advantage is still with her but not if the turnout models are off. The Clinton campaign cannot rest on it's laurels...they have to excite their base and get their vote out otherwise he could conceivably still win in a change environment.

BS44325 said:

It's going to be crazy at tonight's debate. I'm expecting Trump to acknowledge his comments, maybe even apologize, and then say "But...." and go right into Bill Clinton sexual assault allegations, which is what he's wants to do anyway. So in a very, very fucked-up way, this leaked audio of Trump might work in his favor, ridiculous as that sounds.

You know, I can almost live with Trump's past as a corrupt and fraudulent businessman, as well as the horrible policies he's trying to push during his campaign. Hey it's not like I was a fan of all the polices proposed by Gore, Bush, Obama, McCain, or Romney either. What drives me nuts is that he's not being held to the same standards that all past candidates have been. If any of the five guys I just mentioned did or said half the things Trump has, they'd be done.
    It might be why these attacks eventually fail. Here's a flashback to 2008:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/aug/08/johnmccain.gender

They turned McCain into a full on misogynist

"How can purported feminists even contemplate voting for McCain when his creepy, fighter-jock attitude toward women has left a trail throughout his public career?"

Also let's not forget Mitt Romney and his "binder full of women". He was talking about resumés but they turned him into an anti-women candidate as well.

This time it's different but the average person might just tune the sexism angle out especially with Bill potentially moving back into the White House.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It might be why these attacks eventually fail. Here's a flashback to 2008:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/aug/08/johnmccain.gender

They turned McCain into a full on misogynist

"How can purported feminists even contemplate voting for McCain when his creepy, fighter-jock attitude toward women has left a trail throughout his public career?"

Also let's not forget Mitt Romney and his "binder full of women". He was talking about resumés but they turned him into an anti-women candidate as well.

This time it's different but the average person might just tune the sexism angle out especially with Bill potentially moving back into the White House.
    I never thought of McCain or Romney as sexist myself. They may have been clumsy and I didn't like their policies generally. I did hate Palin because she was stupid so that was a non starter. Regardless, I hope the lesson we all take out of this is to be more measured in our language and denunciations. The last two GOP candidates don't look so bad when compared to this POS. Anyway, I'm not hopeful but at least maybe we know what the real bottom of the barrel looks like now. Maybe we know...
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Hmmm.....

You would think but this is from Morning Consult just this morning

https://morningconsult.com/2016/10/09/republican-voters-remain-loyal-trump-first-national-poll-video/

The spread is 42-38 for Clinton which is about the same as it's been since the day this race started. Like you said it's pretty much 40-40 base of support and what happens in the middle? People have factored in his idiocy but also her dishonesty. She can't seem to rise above the low 40's and he can't seem to get above the high 30's. The advantage is still with her but not if the turnout models are off. The Clinton campaign cannot rest on it's laurels...they have to excite their base and get their vote out otherwise he could conceivably still win in a change environment.
    I think her ceiling is 47 and floor is 42 or 43. That is four way of course. I don't think gets above 42 even in one on one. But you are correct. Ground game, ground game. And everyone agrees Clinton is stronger in the field, especially if the RNC backs off.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    BS44325 said:

Wrong. People defended the comments as normal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

Ok...I guess...but don't fault these fools...they probably came of age during the Clinton administration where behaviour such as this was constantly being brushed off as "just sex". Clinton was made to be a hero who defeated the vast right wing conspiracy...how could these idiots know better?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://prospect.org/article/how-real-estate-lobby-and-trump-got-huge-tax-break

This tax break is not available to your average person with real-estate investments on the side, but almost entirely to a wealthy few who make their primary business in the real-estate industry. It’s the product of an aggressive industry lobbying campaign to restore favorable tax treatment for real-estate professionals—after Congress instituted strict limitations in 1986—that was ultimately slipped into a massive tax bill passed by a Democratic Congress and signed into law in 1993 by President Bill Clinton. The provision was touted as a way to help your average professional in the real-estate industry—like a realtor or home-builder—who may have modest amounts of rental income on the side. But the real force behind the change, McIntyre says, were industry titans like Trump who could now use their massive amounts of artificial loss from interest payments and depreciation to entirely avoid paying income tax.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

I dont think so. i saw people saying that lewd comments among men were normal. no one was saying that admitting to sexual assault was normal.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    alec baldwin playing trump on snl is gold. but then, someone on facebook mentioned the irony of that, with the leak of his message to his daughter calling her a disgusting pig. forgot about that.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.