Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

"All questions about his campaign substance can be found here.
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/ or here https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions"

Yikes.

I got into a heated discussion with my wife's cousin last night about this guy and she repeatedly told me she "did a lot of research on him." So I finally asked where she got her info from and lo and behold, donaldjtrump.com was the first source she cited as well.

I think there's a profound reason DJT once said "I love the poorly educated."

I get a lot of that as well when talking to trump supporters. I ask them what they like about trumps policies. The most common 2 answers I get is the wall and Muslim ban. So I follow it up with how they think he's going to do it. The most common reaction to that is a blank stare followed by I don't know.
    Yup. They just repeat his talking points as if they are brainwashed.

I mentioned those 130 or so prominent republican foreign policy advisors who oppose him and talked about how dangerous his presidency would be to the world. Her response was something to the effect of "Who cares what they say! They are sore loses from Romney and Bush's team!" When I pointed out that The Economist had a Trump presidency listed as one of it's top 5 events that could threaten the global economy all she said was she didn't believe it.

It's this "head in the sand/only obtaining their info from Trump himself" stuff that scares the living hell out of me. They are lemmings just walking straight to the cliff without a care in the world....

Ha....and, as if on cue, you see this pjfan guy do the same thing even after we pointed out how ridiculous it is. Writes itself. Now cue the Trump picture in 3, 2, 1....
    thanks for the substance filled post.
  • Options

Yikes.

I got into a heated discussion with my wife's cousin last night about this guy and she repeatedly told me she "did a lot of research on him." So I finally asked where she got her info from and lo and behold, donaldjtrump.com was the first source she cited as well.

I get a lot of that as well when talking to trump supporters. I ask them what they like about trumps policies. The most common 2 answers I get is the wall and Muslim ban. So I follow it up with how they think he's going to do it. The most common reaction to that is a blank stare followed by I don't know.
    where did you find all this substance?
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    What I really hope is that no matter who wins, the losing sides accept and support the winner as our president. In every other competitive realm of our lives, we teach our children to lose with grace. I'm pledging right now to support the person sworn in January, even if it's Donald Trump. I'm not saying I will run out and praise everything he does. Instead, while taking deep breaths, I will say to myself, "This too shall pass," because it will. If he wins, I will not spend the next four years of my life spewing angry, hateful, snarky words about my president or country. There is way, way too much of that in the world, and I refuse to participate in it anymore. It's why we get the candidates we do, because no normal person would subject him or herself to such crap. None of us good people would last one month in the ring if we had millions of people tweeting and posting the crap that gets written and spoken about our national candidates. I don't even know why any of them put up with it. They have to be narcissistic sociopaths to do so, because who else would take pleasure in this? I wonder what would happen if the voting public changed its ways and treated candidates (and then our winners) respectfully. Would we get better candidates? Or do we get what we deserve? Who else but a Trump or Clinton could thrive in the environment we create?
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Yikes.

That's the best you have? Seems to follow the trump campaigns mold. No real debate, just rhetoric. Do you have an answer to the question posed? How will trump build this so called wall? Who will pay for it? Who will build it? Or will your answer be mexico?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

What I really hope is that no matter who wins, the losing sides accept and support the winner as our president. In every other competitive realm of our lives, we teach our children to lose with grace. I'm pledging right now to support the person sworn in January, even if it's Donald Trump. I'm not saying I will run out and praise everything he does. Instead, while taking deep breaths, I will say to myself, "This too shall pass," because it will. If he wins, I will not spend the next four years of my life spewing angry, hateful, snarky words about my president or country. There is way, way too much of that in the world, and I refuse to participate in it anymore. It's why we get the candidates we do, because no normal person would subject him or herself to such crap. None of us good people would last one month in the ring if we had millions of people tweeting and posting the crap that gets written and spoken about our national candidates. I don't even know why any of them put up with it. They have to be narcissistic sociopaths to do so, because who else would take pleasure in this? I wonder what would happen if the voting public changed its ways and treated candidates (and then our winners) respectfully. Would we get better candidates? Or do we get what we deserve? Who else but a Trump or Clinton could thrive in the environment we create?

dreams their is no making sense of these radlibs. forget it. radical liberals swallow their radical pride? fat chance. these radicals are driving me further right by the minute. im embarrassed to associate myself with the radlibs and their despicable hate.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877

Yikes.

That's the best you have? Seems to follow the trump campaigns mold. No real debate, just rhetoric. Do you have an answer to the question posed? How will trump build this so called wall? Who will pay for it? Who will build it? Or will your answer be mexico?
    He's also going to eliminate the debt in 8 years...
    1. Cut taxes
    2. Build a wall
    3. Fund entitlements
    4. Rebuild our military
    5. Cut the debt in 8 years

Hmmm...I wasn't a math major but something doesn't seem right here.

Oh yeah, he's going to re-negotiate trade deals. That'll fund all those initiatives AND eliminate the debt.
  • Options

Yikes.

point me to your "real debate". oh, the hitler comparisons, i forgot. get over yourself.
  • Options

dreams their is no making sense of these radlibs. forget it. radical liberals swallow their radical pride? fat chance. these radicals are driving me further right by the minute. im embarrassed to associate myself with the radlibs and their despicable hate.
    Are you kidding? Because what dreams is saying is exactly the opposite of what conservatives have done since Obama has been elected. I happen to agree with this premise. You respect the office. You respect the vote. If Trump is elected, that makes him your/our president whether you voted for him or not.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

The trolling is too thick to wade through in this thread. The pictures with every post, the lack of salient points, just little quips and jabs about radlibs.

It's pretty sad and pathetic. There are a dozen people trying to discuss why this man would or would not make a terrible president and it's being drowned out by two jesters that have nothing to say about the substance of his campaign. Grow up already.

You better not be including me in that "jester" category. I have zero problems with people critiquing Trump but I do push back when I think people are off base. Like I have said in the past I am not a "Trump guy". I have a ton of problems with his proposals. I am a proud neo-con for christ sakes and Trump is certainly not that! Hell he ripped guys like me to shreds in the South Carolina debates! That all being said the Hitler comparisons to me are beyond the pale. I have a lot of reasons not to like him but I am not a #nevertrump conservative. I think that a) he might have the capacity to be a good president b) that he might actually be a better choice then Hillary in these troubled times and c) that he can potentially win under his rust belt strategy. There may be great risk in these assumptions but come November every American will have to weigh these possibilities themselves.
  • Options

Are you kidding? Because what dreams is saying is exactly the opposite of what conservatives have done since Obama has been elected. I happen to agree with this premise. You respect the office. You respect the vote. If Trump is elected, that makes him your/our president whether you voted for him or not.
    agree, the conservatives the past 8 years have been beyond despicable. and the radicals the same under bush. you rads seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension. I AM NOT A FUCKING CONSERVATIVE.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    rgambs said:

The trolling is too thick to wade through in this thread. The pictures with every post, the lack of salient points, just little quips and jabs about radlibs.

It's pretty sad and pathetic. There are a dozen people trying to discuss why this man would or would not make a terrible president and it's being drowned out by two jesters that have nothing to say about the substance of his campaign. Grow up already.

https://youtu.be/Br1p_2FSE84
  • Options

agree, the conservatives the past 8 years have been beyond despicable. and the radicals the same under bush. you rads seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension. I AM NOT A FUCKING CONSERVATIVE.
    So what do you consider yourself? A moderate?
  • Options

I didn't say you were.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

a Patriot.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664

Yes, agreed. As a big Obama supporter and the garbage of the last 8 years, it would be big of the party of to treat him with respect. Let's just hope it doesn't get to that.
  • Options

rgambs said:

https://youtu.be/Br1p_2FSE84
    Why does this troll video come out every time several valid Trump points are mentioned?
    Bentleyspop and rgams serious question, what do you think about Donald Trump supporters or anyone who even supports one of his ideas?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

And don't forget the Bush years. I am the first to say I am guilty. I was one angry bitch for 8 years. I'm not going back there. My friend's husband was Secret Service for Bush (and B. Clinton) but not a Bush voter, and he was the one who said it to me when I questioned how he could work for the guy.

"He is our president. If he fails, we fail. Why would we want him to fail?"

It's taken me a really, really long time to understand the importance of that question.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

a Patriot.
    Ah clever. And what is the Movement that you see fit to capitalize so often?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

You better not be including me in that "jester" category. I have zero problems with people critiquing Trump but I do push back when I think people are off base. Like I have said in the past I am not a "Trump guy". I have a ton of problems with his proposals. I am a proud neo-con for christ sakes and Trump is certainly not that! Hell he ripped guys like me to shreds in the South Carolina debates! That all being said the Hitler comparisons to me are beyond the pale. I have a lot of reasons not to like him but I am not a #nevertrump conservative. I think that a) he might have the capacity to be a good president b) that he might actually be a better choice then Hillary in these troubled times and c) that he can potentially win under his rust belt strategy. There may be great risk in these assumptions but come November every American will have to weigh these possibilities themselves.
    No, you are certainly not a troll!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

Yikes.

I mentioned those 130 or so prominent republican foreign policy advisors who oppose him and talked about how dangerous his presidency would be to the world. Her response was something to the effect of "Who cares what they say! They are sore loses from Romney and Bush's team!" When I pointed out that The Economist had a Trump presidency listed as one of it's top 5 events that could threaten the global economy all she said was she didn't believe it.

It's this "head in the sand/only obtaining their info from Trump himself" stuff that scares the living hell out of me. They are lemmings just walking straight to the cliff without a care in the world....

Ha....and, as if on cue, you see this pjfan guy do the same thing even after we pointed out how ridiculous it is. Writes itself. Now cue the Trump picture in 3, 2, 1....
    I swear you think Donald Trump will rule the world and make everyone in it his peons if he wins.
    cmon he is one guy.
    cue that batman clip in 3, 2, 1.....
  • Options
    The Movement failed to tune in...

• Options

Yikes.

I swear you think Donald Trump will rule the world and make everyone in it his peons if he wins.
    cmon he is one guy.
    cue that batman clip in 3, 2, 1.....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

A chart with the word yuge in it. Wow.
    Garbage.
  • Options

I didn't say you were.
    ok. you did quote me talking to dreams, and ask if i was kidding?? then reminded that conservatives didnt follow dreams' premise under Barry O. i was already well aware of that.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

a Patriot.
    Rust us not a conservative. I can vouch for that.

He's the best damn ticket buddy out there.

I understand his points. I'm also fed up with the far left in the Democratic party as much as I am fed up with the far right wing of the Republicans. I'm so fed up that if Clinton had picked Elizabeth Warren to appease the left, I would have abandoned her. Thank God she picked a moderate.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Garbage.
    " />
    "I don't believe what I don't like".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us/politics/rnc-ratings-trump.html
  • Options

I didn't say you were.
    ok. you did quote me talking to dreams, and ask if i was kidding?? then reminded that conservatives didnt follow dreams' premise under Barry O. i was already well aware of that.
    I may have misunderstood your response to dreams post. But I wasn't saying anyone person was a conservative. Just that regardless of your vote, the president is still an office that should be respected once the election is over.

I couldn't stand GW and hated the way he handled the response to 9/11. But he was the first person I thought of when we realized we were under attack. I was hoping him and Cheney were safe so that the country knew that the leadership of the country was still intact.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Garbage.

So what? There were fewer people than expected watching the tv on a nice July summer evening.
    This does not mean anything. At this point the viewers not watching have made up their mind on who they are voting for.
    First he is all over the media with high ratings now it makes headlines that he is not. Wow.
    Who cares?
    imageimage

• Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Garbage.

So what? There were fewer people than expected watching the tv on a nice July summer evening.
    This does not mean anything. At this point the viewers not watching have made up their mind on who they are voting for.
    First he is all over the media with high ratings now it makes headlines that he is not. Wow.
    Who cares?
    imageimage

So now you're arguing that it doesn't matter. Fine, that's better than your previous argument that the data was false. You abandon your arguments far too quickly. Kind of like the one about 'black teenagers' last night. I recommend that you either think more deeply before posting or hang tough...one or the other.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,068
    We can always tell when thread integrity has gone to hell when every other thread includes some cute little name calling thing.

"Radlibs", huh? Well Ok then.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.