Trump

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Not surprised ratings are down. People would rather follow comedic jokes about it on Twitter. The only way I'd watch either convention is for the Rifftrax guys to cover it.

I work late hours so I couldn't watch anyways.

Doesn't you really think that's why they aren't watching? I would guess it's because people are disgusted with the direction the party has turned.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

So now that everyone has filled a page with posts about this low ratings scandal and has gotten it out of their system let's take a look at this.
    http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/michael-moores-5-reasons-why-trump-will-win

Anyone disagree with any of the points? And please spare the rhetoric of credible news source and Michael Moore is an idiot stuff.
    Why are these pointed reasons wrong?

Yeah, they are all based on his feelings, not empirical data. Let's start with the fact that women are much more reliable as voters than men. So if you have to get 7 out of 10 that are ALIVE, let alone registered, then that's a tough climb to start.

Second, his first point says ""All he has to do is win those four states." Wow. That's fucking deep right there. I mean what a political genius to pull this one out. So how does he win those states? What does his ground game look like? How deeply is he staffed for the phones and the pavement campaign?
    And this is where the math comes in. In 2012, Mitt Romney lost by 64 electoral votes. Add up the electoral votes cast by Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. It’s 64.
    All Trump needs to do to win is to carry, as he’s expected to do, the swath of traditional red states from Idaho to Georgia (states that’ll never vote for Hillary Clinton), and then he just needs these four rust belt states.
    He doesn’t need Florida. He doesn’t need Colorado or Virginia. Just Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. And that will put him over the top.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717

mrussel1 said:

So now that everyone has filled a page with posts about this low ratings scandal and has gotten it out of their system let's take a look at this.
    http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/michael-moores-5-reasons-why-trump-will-win

Anyone disagree with any of the points? And please spare the rhetoric of credible news source and Michael Moore is an idiot stuff.

Yeah, they are all based on his feelings, not empirical data. Let's start with the fact that women are much more reliable as voters than men. So if you have to get 7 out of 10 that are ALIVE, let alone registered, then that's a tough climb to start.

Second, his first point says ""All he has to do is win those four states." Wow. That's fucking deep right there. I mean what a political genius to pull this one out. So how does he win those states? What does his ground game look like? How deeply is he staffed for the phones and the pavement campaign?
    And this is where the math comes in. In 2012, Mitt Romney lost by 64 electoral votes. Add up the electoral votes cast by Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. It’s 64.
    All Trump needs to do to win is to carry, as he’s expected to do, the swath of traditional red states from Idaho to Georgia (states that’ll never vote for Hillary Clinton), and then he just needs these four rust belt states.
    He doesn’t need Florida. He doesn’t need Colorado or Virginia. Just Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. And that will put him over the top.

Big times article about how he has basically no path to victory without Florida. One scenario where he loses Florida and wins the election.

Please stop with the pictures. Seriously. It's incredibly annoying and adds no value whatsoever.

mrussel1 said:

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

mrussel1 said:

" />
    No shit. And HRC has even more paths to victory. That isn't expert analysis, that's an impressive grasp of the obvious.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    edited July 2016
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/a-third-woman-alleges-she-was-sexually-assaulted-by-donald-trump/
    Wednesday, in the midst of the Republican National Convention, new allegations emerged of sexual assault committed by Donald Trump. This is the third woman who has accused the GOP presidential nominee of sexual assault.

The latest allegations of unwanted sexual contact by Trump come from Jill Harth, a makeup artist and business associate of the billionaire in the early 1990s. According to Harth, Trump sexually harassed her on numerous occasions, including cornering her in his daughter Ivanka’s bedroom and attempting to have sex with her. In 1997, Harth filed a lawsuit detailing Trump’s alleged repeated efforts to force her to have sex with him, as well as a number of other outrageous and inappropriate behaviors.

Harth, who gave an interview to the Guardian earlier this week, says she first met Trump back in 1992, when she and her business partner and then boyfriend George Houraney were trying to recruit Trump as a partner in their beauty pageant event. The New York Times cites a 1996 deposition in which Harth describes their first meeting with Trump, when Houraney gave a business presentation to woo Trump into becoming a financial backer of the project. According to Harth, that marked the first of Trump’s many unwanted sexual advances.
    well that's nice
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    "Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman,” he told Greta Van Susteren. “I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

--Donald J Trump...just a few short years ago

http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 2016

"Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman,” he told Greta Van Susteren. “I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

Blasphemy
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

What's the name of that 1989 Cameron Crowe movie?
    edited July 2016

He says lots of things. Not just anything.
    It resonates with people like you and I.
    Like I said IH80 we could not be closer on our views.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671

mrussel1 said:

J.J. Abrams: how do you kill a troll?
    Conan: take away its internet connection

Yup. Whatever he thinks will help him get elected.
    www.myspace.com
    Just don't see how he can win Florida

edited July 2016
    When he says this is it what millions of people are thinking but can't say it out loud for fear of consequences, employment etc.?
    What is wrong with this proposal of tough vetting? Nothing as far as I'm concerned.
    Why wouldn't you want this? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/24/donald-trump-says-french-and-germans-to-face-extreme-vetting-ent/
    France and Germany had "totally" been compromised by terrorism.
    Mr Trump said: "You know why? It's their own fault because they allowed people to come into their territory.

"We have to have tough, we're going to have, tough standards. If a person can't prove what they have to be able to prove they’re not coming into this country."

He added: "That's why Brexit happened OK? Because the UK is saying 'We're tired of this stuff, what's going on? We're tired of it.'

"Here's my plan, here is what I want, extreme vetting."

I was hoping Chuck Todd would've asked him what he knows, specifically, about the current vetting process because I'm sure he has absolutely no idea. The way he talks, you'd think there is no vetting process what so ever. He's an idiot preying on people's fears.
    www.myspace.com

When he says this is it what millions of people are thinking but can't say it out loud for fear of consequences, employment etc.?
    What is wrong with this proposal of tough vetting? Nothing as far as I'm concerned.
    Why wouldn't you want this? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/24/donald-trump-says-french-and-germans-to-face-extreme-vetting-ent/
    Mr Trump said: "You know why? It's their own fault because they allowed people to come into their territory.

"We have to have tough, we're going to have, tough standards. If a person can't prove what they have to be able to prove they’re not coming into this country."

He added: "That's why Brexit happened OK? Because the UK is saying 'We're tired of this stuff, what's going on? We're tired of it.'

It's humorous to me that Trump thinks he has a clue as to why brexit occurred. It really didn't have anything to do with Britain "wanting their borders back."

"The shortest answer is the Great Recession and austerity policies of EU policymakers. What austerity policies? In the UK’s case, it was raising taxes in 2010 while cutting government spending in an attempt to pay down debt incurred during and by the Great Recession of 2008-09. But in doing so it has kept the UK close to recession level growth ever since 2008."
    Harlan Green, Editor Populareconomics.com
  • When he says this is it what millions of people are thinking but can't say it out loud for fear of consequences, employment etc.?

It's humorous to me that Trump thinks he has a clue as to why brexit occurred. It really didn't have anything to do with Britain "wanting their borders back."

"The shortest answer is the Great Recession and austerity policies of EU policymakers. What austerity policies? In the UK’s case, it was raising taxes in 2010 while cutting government spending in an attempt to pay down debt incurred during and by the Great Recession of 2008-09. But in doing so it has kept the UK close to recession level growth ever since 2008."
    Harlan Green, Editor Populareconomics.com
    That is one reason yes but
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887
    Prime Minister Theresa May has said one of the main messages she has taken from the Leave vote is that the British people want to see a reduction in immigration.

She has said this will be a focus of Brexit negotiations. The key issue is whether other EU nations will grant the UK access to the single market, if that is what it wants, while at the same time being allowed to restrict the rights of EU citizens to live and work in the UK

Tougher border enforcement via vetting will reduce immigration for their now singular country.
    Trump just says it differently.

By the way anyone reading this thread it is an article is worth reading whether you are a Trump supporter or not. It gives a concise unbiased report about what BREXIT is and how it happened.

CAN WE ALL AGREE TO STOP RESPONDING UNTIL THE PICTURES STOP? It eats bandwidth, lengthens load times and is just generally a nuisance.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

CAN WE ALL AGREE TO STOP RESPONDING UNTIL THE PICTURES STOP? It eats bandwidth, lengthens load times and is just generally a nuisance.

+1
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mrussel1 said:

Can we all agree to stop calling me a troll?
    It eats bandwidth, lengthens load times and is just generally a nuisance.

mrussel1 said:

Then stop trolling with the stupid pictures.
    It adds nothing and just makes you look like a child. Your opinions are essentially irrelevant and I don't even read your posts anymore because of the stupid pictures
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

Then stop trolling with the stupid pictures.
    It adds nothing and just makes you look like a child. Your opinions are essentially irrelevant and I don't even read your posts anymore because of the stupid pictures
    You are in a Trump thread.
    You just reposted a picture.
    Stop responding to me personally and say something about Trump. Like this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/24/michael-moore-trump-is-going-to-win-the-election/
    People have politely asked you several times to stop doing it. The fact that you continue to do it makes you a troll of the first order. Later.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

People have politely asked you several times to stop doing it. The fact that you continue to do it makes you a troll of the first order. Later.

Not to mention that the only plausible reason for doing so is to incite anger.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

J.J. Abrams: do you know how to kill a troll?
    Conan: take away it's Internet connection
  • rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

Not to mention that the only plausible reason for doing so is to incite anger.
    Incite anger? Really?
    Should I post pics of Pearl Jam and cats instead?
    You guys don't like Trump I do. Getting upset with me does not change the fact.
    Now post something about Trump or move on.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/24/michael-moore-trump-is-going-to-win-the-election/
    Appearing on discussion show Real Time with Bill Maher on Wednesday, Moore elicited booing from the studio audience when he told the panel: “I’m sorry to be the buzzkill here so early on, but I think Trump is gonna win.”
    Actually, saying you're a troll does not take longer load times nor does it require more bandwidth.
    So we are all in agreement to ignore his posts?
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

So we are all in agreement to ignore his posts?

It truly is astounding how far Hillary apologists will go to exclude people not in their circle in order to create a nice comfortable bubble.
    One that could pop at anytime by a unicorn mind you but nonetheless a bubble.
    Why do you not like Trump supporters?

[image removed by admin. From now on, post the link so people can click on it IF they want to see it. Your image posting limit has been reached. Thank you. - Admin ]
    Post edited by Kat on
This discussion has been closed.