Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,800
    Here in the US, the way people view Trump is very disparate. People seem to either love him or can't stand the guy not can they figure out how it is he got where he is on the political scene.

I've been wondering for some time how people in other parts of the world view Trump (not hard to guess but I don't want to jump to conclusions I can't verify). Tonight I had some insight into that. I had dinner with six people visiting here from Germany. Each of them, in there own words, completely un-coached by myself or my wife and with out our in anyway initiating conversation on politics whatsoever, each of them offered the opinion that the large majority of Europeans think we Americans are out of our minds for letting someone like Trump get as far along in this race as we have. They are dumbfounded and completely perplexed as to how we could possibly have ended up with Donald Trump as front runner in the choosing of our highest elected official.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    The guy who co wrote "The Art of The Deal" just skewered Trump in every way possible.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    edited July 2016

The guy who co wrote "The Art of The Deal" just skewered Trump in every way possible.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    eddiec said:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all
    Jesus. Vote Hillary!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    edited July 2016
    Just to be clear....

According to donald drumpf......

Its okay that Pence voted for the Iraq war
    It's not okay that Hillary voted for the Iraq war

Vote drumpf....make America stoooopid again
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    This is a great quote from the article. This sums him up.

Lying is second nature to him,” Schwartz said. “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.”
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025

Scott Baio will be speaking on Monday night.

Only winners and A list celebrities at Trump's convention.

Hahahaha

I hope Chachi gives us his insight on the developments in Turkey.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    mrussel1 said:

Lying is second nature to him,” Schwartz said. “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.”

Scary part in this paragraph...
    If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    This article is just fascinating...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/how-the-haters-made-trump?utm_term=.yko87L8Yo#.jvwLNRLzb

Something for everybody in there.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

Scary part in this paragraph...
    If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

Crazytown
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    #Nevertrump is making their stand now. We'll see how this plays out.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    BS44325 said:

Yeah, anywhere to see what's going on on the convention floor? They aren't going to win, but sounds pretty wild right now.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Yeah, anywhere to see what's going on on the convention floor? They aren't going to win, but sounds pretty wild right now.
    It's being televised. Complete bedlam.
  • Options
    So they are saying they don't have enough states but they do? Or states took it back?
  • Options
    That's it? Dammit, I missed it.
  • Options

Ended pretty quickly. It looks like the #Nevertrump coup was orchestrated by the Turkish military.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Ended pretty quickly. It looks like the #Nevertrump coup was orchestrated by the Turkish military.
    Sounds like that wasn't even for this year...it was to change to rules for 2020?
  • Options
    Good thing we have Scott Baio to make sense of all of this tonight!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    BS44325 said:

Nope
    It was all Obama's doing
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Sounds like that wasn't even for this year...it was to change to rules for 2020?
    A bit of both. The odds of it changing anything for this year while not impossible was pretty close to impossible.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    At least some people tried. It's depressing enough, but not as depressing as not even making an attempt to put a stop to this lunacy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    why can't all you immigrants be like Melania? SHE pulled herself up by her high heeled bootstraps. Come on, Somalians, suck it up!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

why can't all you immigrants be like Melania? SHE pulled herself up by her high heeled bootstraps. Come on, Somalians, suck it up!

Misogyny
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Misogyny
    Remember it's not misogyny if you say things in jest of Trump.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    Wobbie said:

Lol great
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Misogyny
    Oh come on, she's a trophy wife, you are so eager to oppose anything left of center you are twisting like a pretzel.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Love how trump's 3rd wife talked about how loyal he was...
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    BS44325 said:

Wobbie said:

Misogyny
    Says the republican.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Wobbie said:

She also - possibly - stole parts of her speech from Michelle Obama.

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Enkidu said:

Wobbie said:

She also - possibly - stole parts of her speech from Michelle Obama.

http://gawker.com/melania-trump-apparently-plagiarized-a-section-of-miche-1783889522
    I quote ferris bueller and the simpsons all the time in conversation.... at times completely randomly... but never irrationally. ;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
This discussion has been closed.