Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    This still does not say who among the black population may/may not come to the polls in November.
    Not enough history.

Not enough history? Blacks have been voting for quite sometime, you might be surprised to learn. Crazy, eh?
    Not enough recorded history of this.
    Wtf are you talking about? What would you consider enough? Do you want to know how many Blacks voted for the Bull Moose party?
    Well the stats people love to state that without such and such percentage of (insert race here voters) Trump or Hillary for that matter can't win.

So yes if pundits are making a case that a President elect won't win without the support of a certain colour/race yes all the finer details matter.

It's not the pundits who are making up the stats you're smart take a look at 2012 and see what % of minority vote your boy Romney got Trump us polling lower than that with women, blacks , Hispanics , oh yeah this one too Muslims oh we can go on & on ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485

^^^
    I realize the stats you provided.
    It may be an indicator but when stats on a race become important it says a lot about the current situation.
    Who is pumping these stats out on how a candidate is losing or gaining a black population?
    Does the black population have that much swing? Or in any case what race has more influence to elect Hillary?

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about....yet you talk about it incessantly, which is odd.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The states where the minority vote makes a difference will vote Blue no matter who the GOP candidate is. Trump just needs the swing states.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

^^^
    It may be an indicator but when stats on a race become important it says a lot about the current situation.
    Who is pumping these stats out on how a candidate is losing or gaining a black population?
    Does the black population have that much swing? Or in any case what race has more influence to elect Hillary?

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about....yet you talk about it incessantly, which is odd.
    https://youtu.be/Br1p_2FSE84
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758

brianlux said:

Trump just said our country always used to win back when he was in college.

He was in college during the Vietnam war.

Ah yes! Trump proudly served during Viet Nam. Here he is reenacting his service:

Remember Trump got to dodge the draft due to "bone spurs" in his foot. But when he was asked which foot he had bone spurs in he couldn't remember....he told the reporter to "look it up" or something.

Are we supposed to hate Trump for not fighting in Vietnam? For maybe dodging it in one way or another? Because I hate him for a lot of reasons, but I would never hate anyone for avoiding being sent to fight in that bullshit war and for manipulating that criminal military draft. If anything, I admire people for dodging it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Ah yes! Trump proudly served during Viet Nam. Here he is reenacting his service:

Remember Trump got to dodge the draft due to "bone spurs" in his foot. But when he was asked which foot he had bone spurs in he couldn't remember....he told the reporter to "look it up" or something.

Are we supposed to hate Trump for not fighting in Vietnam? For maybe dodging it in one way or another? Because I hate him for a lot of reasons, but I would never hate anyone for avoiding being sent to fight in that bullshit war and for manipulating that criminal military draft. If anything, I admire people for dodging it.
    Well let's see...the GOP actually criticized democrats that served (i.e. Gore and Kerry (remember the swiftboating?) so yes I think it's interesting to point out that the GOP candidate was a draft dodger when the GOP pretends to be the "pro-military/pro-war" party.

Bernie Sanders avoided the draft but at least he was honest about why. Trump hid behind his fucking rich Daddy's doctor.

Edit: PLUS...Trump criticized McCain...a true fucking war hero...for being "caught." How do you reconcile a draft dodger criticizing a former POW? That blows my mind.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I really don't think that dodging Vietnam (in any way... Remember, Trump is not actually a "draft dodger" in the traditional sense) precludes someone from being pro-military. Also, this all happened decades ago, when Trump was basically a kid. TBH, I don't find this issue relevant to today. Trump is fucking awful, but I feel like this whole Vietnam thing is a complete non-issue. A distraction. Trump's comments about McCain are a whole other issue. I don't care about Trump's alleged bone spurs. That he would make a statement like that about a POW seems like a totally separate issue solely related to Trump's total lack of judgement in terms of what he allows to enter his brain and come out his mouth/twitter feed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    PJ_Soul said:

I really don't think that dodging Vietnam (in any way... Remember, Trump is not actually a "draft dodger" in the traditional sense) precludes someone from being pro-military. Also, this all happened decades ago, when Trump was basically a kid. TBH, I don't find this issue relevant to today. Trump is fucking awful, but I feel like this whole Vietnam thing is a complete non-issue. A distraction. Trump's comments about McCain are a whole other issue. I don't care about Trump's alleged bone spurs. That he would make a statement like that about a POW seems like a totally separate issue solely related to Trump's total lack of judgement in terms of what he allows to enter his brain and come out his mouth/twitter feed.

He wants to play 'general' with his tough talk and brash attitude. So it's emblematic of his hypocrisy rather than truly being about whether he served or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

He wants to play 'general' with his tough talk and brash attitude. So it's emblematic of his hypocrisy rather than truly being about whether he served or not.
    Yeah, seems like a pointless distraction to me. No one needs to focus on further proof of his hypocrisy. I think this issue just sidetracks people.
  • Options
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/secret-recording-reveals-what-newt-gingrich-really-thinks-of-donald-trump/
    Newt Gingrich, a leading candidate to be Donald Trump’s running mate, told Republicans at a closed-door meeting earlier this year that Trump is not a conservative, speaks to voters “at the lowest level of any candidate in either party,” and could lose in a landslide if he didn’t significantly change his approach to campaigning.

Gingrich suggested Trump’s move from campaigning to governing would be challenging: “How we make the transition from, you know, language for fourth graders to real policy, I don’t know.”

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,840
    Mike Pence looks like he's going to be the running mate.

Damn.  That's actually a good choice.  It should help with nervous social conservatives.  I was really hoping he'd make a pick indicative of a guy wanting to throw the election. I think that dream of mine is over.  He intends to win and he will.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    OnWis97 said:

Damn.  That's actually a good choice.  It should help with nervous social conservatives.  I was really hoping he'd make a pick indicative of a guy wanting to throw the election. I think that dream of mine is over.  He intends to win and he will.

Could be a head fake.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

It's good news for us in Indiana. Pence will have to withdraw from the Governor's race if he's picked.

He might not have had a chance anyway but I would prefer to watch him go down in flames with Trump.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Well if he wants to project himself out as the pro military/ tough guy candidate....this just makes him appear more hypocritical.

I agree that it's not the most important issue...it just adds to the hypocrisy that is the Trump candidate.

And I didn't mention this to bring up his draft dodging. I just thought it was funny that he told a crowd of people about how much he remembers the good old days of the late 60's when America was doing nothing but WINNING!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Well if he wants to project himself out as the pro military/ tough guy candidate....this just makes him appear more hypocritical.

I agree that it's not the most important issue...it just adds to the hypocrisy that is the Trump candidate.

And I didn't mention this to bring up his draft dodging. I just thought it was funny that he told a crowd of people about how much he remembers the good old days of the late 60's when America was doing nothing but WINNING!
    Lol, yeah, I also found that amusing/disturbing. What's worse is that this statement actually worked on millions of people.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Donald Trump has selected Indiana Gov. Mike Pence to be his running mate--he is expected to formally call Pence Thursday afternoon, reports CBS News' Major Garrett, citing a GOP official close to the process.

The addition of Pence to the ticket may help assuage concerns among conservatives worried that Trump is too moderate on social issues. It also takes Pence out of a tough reelection fight in the Hoosier State against Democrat John Gregg, whom Pence beat narrowly in 2012. Polls taken this spring showed Pence's lead within the margin of error.

Pence was born into a family of Irish Catholic Democrats in 1959. He became a born-again evangelical Christian after meeting his future wife, Karen, at a protestant church during college.

Before becoming governor, Pence served in the House of Representatives for six terms where he was known as a staunch conservative, opposing both President George W. Bush's expansion of Medicare and the bank bailouts of 2008.

He did, however, propose an immigration compromise in 2006 that would have created a guest worker program. The proposal went nowhere, and angered many conservatives. Since then, Pence has taken a harder line on immigration.

Pence is best known nationally for signing the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, or RFRA, which opponents said opened the door for legal discrimination against gays. The ensuing battle over the law saw Pence at odds with Indiana's business community amid calls for corporations to boycott the state, and his approval rating dropped as much as 15 points in some polls.

The Indiana legislature passed a "fix" to the law, which Pence signed, drawing criticism from some conservatives who thought the law had been watered down too much.
    © 2016 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

get ya some a that !

Godfather.
  • Options

^^^

https://youtu.be/Br1p_2FSE84
    I am beginning to see a pattern here.
    If some posters don't get an agreement to their answers or they don't understand the questions of another they pull out the troll card.
    Again - take your heads out of the hole and look around a bit and realize that Trump could very well be your next POTUS.
    This is not trolling it's a fact.
  • Options
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/4/4/1510239/-After-IN-governor-signs-extreme-bill-aimed-at-punishing-women-he-gets-unexpected-monthly-updates?detail=facebook
    Indiana women aren’t taking this new attack on their healthcare lightly. A group called "Periods for Pence" recently sprang up. They decided that if the governor was so interested in what is happening with their bodies, he deserved more frequent updates. The ladies of Indiana have been busy calling the governor’s office with details. A sampling of their call reports:

Me: "Good morning. I just wanted to call and let the good Governor know that I am still not pregnant, since he seems to be so worried about women's reproductive rights."
    Irritated lady on the other end of the phone: "And can I get your name, please?"
    Me: "Sure, it's Not Pregnant Laura."
    Just got through to Governor Pence's office. (The operator must be on break.)
    Me: Hi, is this the operator, or the Governor's office?
    Them: Um, this is the office, but I am covering for the operator right now.
    Me: "Oh, good. I need to get a message to the Governor that I am on day three of my period. My flow seems abnormally heavy, but my cramps are much better to--"
    Them: (Seriously pissed and trying to keep their voice down, but not quite succeeding) MA'AM, WHAT IS IT THAT I CAN HELP YOU WITH? Me: Oh, I don't need your help, I just wanted to keep Governor Pence informed of my reproductive cycle, since he seems so concerned. Them: "Ugh." *click*
    I called to let him know that I am a lesbian so I won't be needing an abortion (or legal protections, for that matter lol double whammy! Thanks, Pence!) also mentioned that I'm not currently menstruating but I might be ovulating.
    Them: "Good Morning, Governor Pence's office"
    Me: "Good Morning. I just wanted to inform the Governor that things seem to be drying up today. No babies seem to be up in there. Okay?"
    Them: (Sounding strangely horrified and chipper at the same time) "Ma'am, can we have your name?"
    Me: "Sure. It's Sue."
    Them: "And your last name?"
    Me: "Magina. That's M-A-G-I-N-A. It rhymes with--" Them: "I've got it." *Click*
    Someone from Pence's campaign literally just rang my doorbell, wanting to know if I was likely to vote republican or democrat in the upcoming election. I let him know that I wasn't sure, and that I'm going to be ovulating soon, and that I was unclear on whether or not I was legally required to fertilize the egg. He started cracking up.

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I have always felt pretty confident he will say something during the GE that will cause him to go down in flames, basically handing the Presidency to Hillary. Granted, there's still plenty of time for that. But here a couple weeks ago I thought he'd hit the wall, and was done for. His poll numbers were tanking, and he was doing just awful as expected. In my mind, he didn't stand a chance. However, based on the fact that he keeps talking, still gaining momentum, and is now either a point or two behind, neck and neck or leading Hillary again in some very reputable polls, I'm not 100% sure she can beat him. Adding to this is the fact that there are a lot of fervent voters that were supporting Bernie that would rather die than vote for Hillary, and that may end up being all that's needed. I mean seriously, that alone could be the tipping point. I have no doubt that there will be Bernie supporters that just don't vote, or vote for Trump, just as a "fuck you" to Hillary. So, as unbelievable as it sounds...almost like I entered some alternate universe...I'm betting that wins.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

There's nothing to admire about a draft dodger who wants to crap on the constitution like Dubya and Cheney did for war and torture.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016
    OnWis97 said:

I hope it happens. Just for his anti gay beliefs, he will be Palin to his McCain. It's over for him if this happens. Pence is kryptonite especially after Orlando.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Shawshank said:

I have always felt pretty confident he will say something during the GE that will cause him to go down in flames, basically handing the Presidency to Hillary. Granted, there's still plenty of time for that. But here a couple weeks ago I thought he'd hit the wall, and was done for. His poll numbers were tanking, and he was doing just awful as expected. In my mind, he didn't stand a chance. However, based on the fact that he keeps talking, still gaining momentum, and is now either a point or two behind, neck and neck or leading Hillary again in some very reputable polls, I'm not 100% sure she can beat him. Adding to this is the fact that there are a lot of fervent voters that were supporting Bernie that would rather die than vote for Hillary, and that may end up being all that's needed. I mean seriously, that alone could be the tipping point. I have no doubt that there will be Bernie supporters that just don't vote, or vote for Trump, just as a "fuck you" to Hillary. So, as unbelievable as it sounds...almost like I entered some alternate universe...I'm betting that wins.

Gary Johnson is beating Trump with 19-29 year olds

He won't get any of the Hispanic vote

He won't get any of the african american vote

He will get a very small portion of the female vote

He is not going to win with the old white male vote.

He's not flipping that many states. I just see no way it can happen. Hillary hasn't even gotten started. She has more money. She has Bill. She has Obama. She has Biden. She has Warren. She has Sanders. They are all extremely popular and are going to unleash hell.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296

Shawshank said:

He's not flipping that many states. I just see no way it can happen. Hillary hasn't even gotten started. She has more money. She has Bill. She has Obama. She has Biden. She has Warren. She has Sanders. They are all extremely popular and are going to unleash hell.
    if the Dems can get any kind of voter turnout and can keep the Bernie supporters from voting for Johnson the Dems win easily. Hillary and the Dem PACs have more money and are already starting their campaigns against Donald. I've already seen the ad with Trump mocking the disabled guy about a 1000 times. it is only going to get worse.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Shawshank said:

if the Dems can get any kind of voter turnout and can keep the Bernie supporters from voting for Johnson the Dems win easily. Hillary and the Dem PACs have more money and are already starting their campaigns against Donald. I've already seen the ad with Trump mocking the disabled guy about a 1000 times. it is only going to get worse.
    I did see that ad as well. Agreed, though. This shouldn't be a contest.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/07/14/1548302/-White-House-masterfully-trolls-Donald-Trump-s-reported-VP-pick?detail=facebook
    President Obama’s chief spokesman Josh Earnest lauded Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) for deciding to expand Medicaid in his state under ObamaCare.
    "I know that Gov. Pence did do some important work with the administration to expand Medicaid in his state," Earnest told reporters when asked what Obama thinks of the governor. "That’s something President Obama has been encouraging Democratic and Republican governors across the country to do."
    Trump campaign insists a decision hasn't been made yet....I'm wondering if they leaked Pence in order to see what the initial reaction is.

Not a bad idea.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I think he has a chance. Hillary is not a good candidate. Twice she should have cake-walked to the nomination, but got beat once and had a socialist give her a run for the money this year, which will cost her votes.
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Jason P said:

I think he has a chance. Hillary is not a good candidate. Twice she should have cake-walked to the nomination, but got beat once and had a socialist give her a run for the money this year, which will cost her votes.

Of course he has a chance. A decent one at that. I just can't see it happening given the reasons I mentioned above, among many others.
This discussion has been closed.