Trump

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

So Gingrich's contract with Fox news has been suspended...this can't be true, can it?

I think this is typical due to conflict of interest because he is getting vetted for clown school.
    Wouldn't you keep your job while you are vetted in case you don't get said clown job? Is he getting said clown job?
    I think he still has his job, it's just temporarily suspended while he is trying on different style clown shoes and trousers to see if he is fitting for the job.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

So Gingrich's contract with Fox news has been suspended...this can't be true, can it?

I think this is typical due to conflict of interest because he is getting vetted for clown school.
    Wouldn't you keep your job while you are vetted in case you don't get said clown job? Is he getting said clown job?
    I think he still has his job, it's just temporarily suspended while he is trying on different style clown shoes and trousers to see if he is fitting for the job.
    Solid point, he can always go back to being a TV clown...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Ha! Classic all the way around.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Yup
    The red nose, funny hat, and silly voice will always be there
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Somebody told me the plan is now for Trump to make Gingrich Trumps running mate and supposedly when Trump wins (haha) he quits and the Newt takes over. What a hoot. American politics for your best entertainment value.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

"I've always said, if you run for president, you shouldn't be allowed to use teleprompters," Donald Trump, now the presumptive Republican nominee, said back in October. "Because you don't even know if the guy is smart."

There is a time and place for a teleprompter. Now that he is the Presidential Nominee he has to.
    Also there were other times he used one http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287319-trump-ill-most-likely-use-teleprompter-at-rnc
    Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump said he'll likely use a teleprompter at the Republican National Convention next week, but will probably make a final decision in the coming days.

"I don't know if it's ever been done without essentially a teleprompter," Trump said in a preview of an interview with the Golf Channel's David Feherty released Monday.

"I give rallies and we'll have 25,000 and 35,000 people and if I ever used a teleprompter speech, the people would say, 'What's going on here?,'" Trump said.

"So we do very free-wheeling and we have a tremendous time and everybody loves it in the stadium, but in terms of television, it probably doesn't look as presidential," he continued.

"If I would ever use in a stadium where you have 35,000 people and I stand up with a teleprompter, I think the people would laugh and then leave," he said.

"I've always said, if you run for president, you shouldn't be allowed to use teleprompters because you don't even know if the guy is smart." With that said, "I'll most likely use a teleprompter at the convention."

He's a hypocritical moron even with dumb shit like this.
    www.myspace.com
    Clinton opens up 13 point lead. Hard to believe after the week she just had. Imagine if she wasn't running against an irrational clown?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0ZS2MO
    www.myspace.com
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    My favorite Don (of the Rickles variety) just made a joke about teleprompters. Watching an old roast of Jerry Lewis. Carson up there, and Uncle Miltie.

President Rickles has a nice ring to it. Just saying :whistle:

Clinton opens up 13 point lead. Hard to believe after the week she just had. Imagine if she wasn't running against an irrational clown?

That's probably over stated. I still think it's a 5-6 point race right now. I think HRC will open it a little this week, but Trump has a chance for a bump during the convention, depending on if he shits the bed or not. Pretty sad that 'coherent' is a win for him. But Hillary will open it back up after her convention which will have Obama, Biden, Sanders and more speaking. The depth of the surrogates for the Democrats is embarrassing compared to the Republicans. I mean.. Bobby Fucking Knight is speaking? Are you kidding?
    Trump just said our country always used to win back when he was in college.

He was in college during the Vietnam war.
    www.myspace.com

That war was for the poor kids. It didn't count.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    brianlux said:

Somebody told me the plan is now for Trump to make Gingrich Trumps running mate and supposedly when Trump wins (haha) he quits and the Newt takes over. What a hoot. American politics for your best entertainment value.

If he picks Newt, then I'll move from on the fence to certain; he's throwing the election.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

Ah yes! Trump proudly served during Viet Nam. Here he is reenacting his service:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    brianlux said:

Ah yes! Trump proudly served during Viet Nam. Here he is reenacting his service:

Remember Trump got to dodge the draft due to "bone spurs" in his foot. But when he was asked which foot he had bone spurs in he couldn't remember....he told the reporter to "look it up" or something.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    http://thehill.com/policy/finance/287543-lifelong-republican-challenges-trump-to-release-tax-returns-by-friday

This is great....trying to get Con Man Don to release his tax returns.
    Hillary Clinton ally David Brock on Wednesday pressed his gambit to trade Donald Trump's tax returns for a $5 million donation from an anonymous longtime Republican to a veterans charity.

Brock said on a call with reporters that he has "documentation that the funds are being held in a bank account for this purpose." If Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, makes nine years of his returns public this week, ahead of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, the donor will contribute money to a veterans charity of Trump's choosing.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

brianlux said:

Remember Trump got to dodge the draft due to "bone spurs" in his foot. But when he was asked which foot he had bone spurs in he couldn't remember....he told the reporter to "look it up" or something.

Maybe the bone spurs were in his head.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

But he is making up ground in the swing states. He is leading in Pennsylvania and Florida and tied in Ohio.

This election will come down to six states. The clown could very well win.

politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/07/trump-has-edge-in-key-states-225442
    Jason P said:

But he is making up ground in the swing states. He is leading in Pennsylvania and Florida and tied in Ohio.

politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/07/trump-has-edge-in-key-states-225442
    Could be an outlier poll. It's just like the poll yesterday that had Clinton up 13. No reason to over react.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    You can tell that Everytime a poll shows Trump gaining ground more & more GOP stalwarts start getting behind him they start to believe he can win , a few months back when everybody kept saying Trump had no shot you didn't hear anything from the stablishement GOP they believed he had no shot but now when it's being perceived that he does have a shot they are starting to line up behind him as to not be on the outside looking in !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Jason P said:

It all depends on who he picks as a running mate. It did wonders for McCain. :lol:
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    OnWis97 said:

brianlux said:

If he picks Newt, then I'll move from on the fence to certain; he's throwing the election.
    Lol. The Republicans have been throwing elections since 2000.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Today he called Ruth Bader Ginsburg "dumb" and implied she was getting senile.

Always classy, he lives up to his reality TV persona, unfortunately.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    edited July 2016
    rgambs said:

There might be some truth to that. I like RBG, but she either is senile, or has now descended into the political morass, calling out Trump. He just responded. She instigated, and someone in her position should be above that, or removed from the bullshit of politics completely. She's supposed to be an unbiased arbiter of the law, not a DNC lackey.

Edit: and I agree with her comments about Trump, BTW. I just wish she wouldn't have made them publicly.
    Post edited by jeffbr on
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

There might be some truth to that. I like RBG, but she either is senile, or has now descended into the political morass, calling out Trump. He just responded. She instigated, and someone in her position should be above that, or removed from the bullshit of politics completely. She's supposed to be an unbiased arbiter of the law, not a DNC lackey.

Edit: and I agree with her comments about Trump, BTW. I just wish she wouldn't have made them publicly.
    This article sums up your post nicely. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/opinion/donald-trump-is-right-about-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg.html

All of which makes it only more baffling that Justice Ginsburg would choose to descend toward his level and call her own commitment to impartiality into question. Washington is more than partisan enough without the spectacle of a Supreme Court justice flinging herself into the mosh pit.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

If it was a real political candidate, I would agree with you, but this is a painted-face clown we are talking about. He's a joke.
    I don't recall her wading into any other elections.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

If it was a real political candidate, I would agree with you, but this is a painted-face clown we are talking about. He's a joke.
    I thought you don't like the name calling about candidates.
    What is it that you aren't seeing that he is a real POTUS nominee?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    This is not the 1st time a sitting SCJ has wade into political ring look it up they have in past even run for president while sitting on Court so I'm not sure what the big deal is ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

Ha, I agree with you that he's a clown. I don't recall her ever wading into anything before. But I was listening to various legal analysts this morning who were suggesting that if the elections come down to a situation like we had in 2000 (which is shouldn't, but you never know!), she'd likely have to recuse herself. I'm happy to have Hillary's eventual running mate, or Biden, or someone else go after him and call him a clown, but not Ginsberg.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited July 2016
    Look at the first pictures to come out from the remake of Stephen Kings "IT" at who is playing Pennywise or hell new cast mate for Sharknado 5 you take your pick...your real clown of a candidate

Post edited by pjalive21 on
This discussion has been closed.