Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,717
    I have someone that works for me that is very connected to Democratic politics..and we are in VA. Fascinating guy. He was Al Gore's military attache. I mentioned him here before because he was deposed several times by Starr during the Lewinsky mess. Anyway, he was in DC for a fundraiser this week and he is convinced the RBG is going to retire after this session, presuming that HRC wins. He said she is going out with a bang without regard to decorum since she doesn't plan to hear more cases. Her goal, for better or worse, is to bring the SCOTUS to the forefront of the election and draw Trump out for a verbal war on words...just like Warren did.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

Look at the first pictures to come out from the remake of Stephen Kings "IT" at who is playing Pennywise or hell new cast mate for Sharknado 5 you take your pick...your real clown of a candidate

Trump doesn't need to be photoshopped... we can just use his words.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    pjalive21 said:

Look at the first pictures to come out from the remake of Stephen Kings "IT" at who is playing Pennywise or hell new cast mate for Sharknado 5 you take your pick...your real clown of a candidate

I'm glad you and several thirteen year olds all got a good chuckle out of this, but can we judge a politician on the merit of his or her words, as opposed to who makes a better Photoshopped meme? That being said, Clinton's more viable even on that front... as John Oliver eloquently put it, Donald Trump strongly resembles a clown made of mummified foreskin and cotton candy - and that's pre-Photoshop.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    It is interesting that since Sanders has dropped out the attacks against Trump have increased.
    Especially around here.
    Some posters in this thread simply can't contain their disbelief that Trump is a viable candidate.

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

I have someone that works for me that is very connected to Democratic politics..and we are in VA. Fascinating guy. He was Al Gore's military attache. I mentioned him here before because he was deposed several times by Starr during the Lewinsky mess. Anyway, he was in DC for a fundraiser this week and he is convinced the RBG is going to retire after this session, presuming that HRC wins. He said she is going out with a bang without regard to decorum since she doesn't plan to hear more cases. Her goal, for better or worse, is to bring the SCOTUS to the forefront of the election and draw Trump out for a verbal war on words...just like Warren did.

Well, that makes sense then. I wish she'd had more decorum, but I understand her motivation if she is indeed retiring.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,345
    Wait so now Trump is crying foul really ha ha the guy who has disrespected everyone from a judge to the pope and his crying foul what a dick he really is a total unashamed asshole ...I'm glad the old lady is Teeing off on him
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Is there a winner yet?
  • Options

Wait so now Trump is crying foul really ha ha the guy who has disrespected everyone from a judge to the pope and his crying foul what a dick he really is a total unashamed asshole ...I'm glad the old lady is Teeing off on him

So Trump is not allowed to fight back when attacked?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    Have you Americans ever seen such media scrutiny on one person like this before?
    Quite simply the media is researching and printing everything Trump is saying just like how the system is rigged (and against him).
    They break it down into simple terms that the poor (voting folk like us) can understand.
    http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/last-ditch-effort-to-block-donald-trumps-nomination/

• Options

So Trump is not allowed to fight back when attacked?
    Yes he is allowed but don't cry like a bitch boy just like Ryan is doing ...
  • Options

Have you Americans ever seen such media scrutiny on one person like this before?
    Quite simply the media is researching and printing everything Trump is saying just like how the system is rigged (and against him).
    They break it down into simple terms that the poor (voting folk like us) can understand.
    http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/last-ditch-effort-to-block-donald-trumps-nomination/

How are you part of the 'voting folks'? And this is friendly fire, from his own constituency...supposedly.
  • Options
    ^^^
    It's a collective term that implies you citizens are really part of something you can't control unless you are part of the elite.
    Trump knows this and at least has the decency to let you guys know.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So.....polls aren't BS anymore now that you've found one you like?
    No, no, no
    I give thanks when praise is given to me it's the polite thing to do.
  • Options
    Um, what?

By the way, the same poll you cited has Clinton up 13% nationally. Good work.
    http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/type/smallest/dates/20160501-20160712/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

And....this is just funny
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/13/new-polls-in-pennsylvania-and-ohio-show-donald-trump-with-0-percent-of-the-black-vote/

Donald Trump is getting ZERO percent of the black vote in polls in Pennsylvania and Ohio
    By Philip Bump July 13 at 4:17 PM

In a moment when racial tensions are high, in an era with a stark divide between a mostly white Republican Party and a population of black Americans who are mostly Democrats, it's probably not surprising that new polls of the 2016 presidential race show a stark divide between how blacks and whites view the candidates.

What is surprising is just how stark stark can get.

A new national NBC News-Wall Street Journal-Marist poll shows Hillary Clinton with a slight lead, 42 to 39 percent. But Donald Trump gets almost half of the white vote in that poll, suggesting that Clinton must be doing very well with nonwhite voters.

And so she is. That poll suggests that only 6 percent of black voters nationally plan to support Donald Trump.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Um, what?

By the way, the same poll you cited has Clinton up 13% nationally. Good work.
    http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/type/smallest/dates/20160501-20160712/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

And....this is just funny
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/13/new-polls-in-pennsylvania-and-ohio-show-donald-trump-with-0-percent-of-the-black-vote/

Donald Trump is getting ZERO percent of the black vote in polls in Pennsylvania and Ohio
    By Philip Bump July 13 at 4:17 PM

In a moment when racial tensions are high, in an era with a stark divide between a mostly white Republican Party and a population of black Americans who are mostly Democrats, it's probably not surprising that new polls of the 2016 presidential race show a stark divide between how blacks and whites view the candidates.

What is surprising is just how stark stark can get.

A new national NBC News-Wall Street Journal-Marist poll shows Hillary Clinton with a slight lead, 42 to 39 percent. But Donald Trump gets almost half of the white vote in that poll, suggesting that Clinton must be doing very well with nonwhite voters.

And so she is. That poll suggests that only 6 percent of black voters nationally plan to support Donald Trump.

That's great but no one on here has given the number of black people in America that %6 represents.
    How many black people are in America that are registered voters? Democrat voters?
  • Options
    http://www.infoplease.com/spot/bhmcensus1.html

Voting
    17.8 million

The number of blacks who voted in the 2012 presidential election. In comparison to the 2008 election, about 1.7 million additional black voters reported going to the polls in 2012.
    66.2%

Percent of blacks who voted in the 2012 presidential election, higher than the 64.1 percent of non-Hispanic whites who did so. This marks the first time that blacks have voted at a higher rate than whites since the Census Bureau started publishing statistics on voting by the eligible citizen population in 1996.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^
    This still does not say who among the black population may/may not come to the polls in November.
    Not enough history.
  • Options

^^^
    This still does not say who among the black population may/may not come to the polls in November.
    Not enough history.

How do you expect someone to tell you the number for something that hasn't happened yet? The hell are you talking about it? It gave you the info you asked for...the amount who voted in the last couple elections. It's an indicator for what will happen in the next one. And he's at 6%, including zero percent in swing states. All for a guy who has said the blacks "are going to like me better than they like Obama." Obama got 93% of the black vote in '12.

Pinnacles!
    Exclamations points!
    Utter nonsense!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^
    I realize the stats you provided.
    It may be an indicator but when stats on a race become important it says a lot about the current situation.
    Who is pumping these stats out on how a candidate is losing or gaining a black population?
    Does the black population have that much swing? Or in any case what race has more influence to elect Hillary?
  • Options

^^^
    Not enough history.

Not enough history? Blacks have been voting for quite sometime, you might be surprised to learn. Crazy, eh?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Not enough history.

Not enough history? Blacks have been voting for quite sometime, you might be surprised to learn. Crazy, eh?
    Not enough recorded history of this.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Not enough history.

Wtf are you talking about? What would you consider enough? Do you want to know how many Blacks voted for the Bull Moose party?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Not enough history.

Wtf are you talking about? What would you consider enough? Do you want to know how many Blacks voted for the Bull Moose party?
    Well the stats people love to state that without such and such percentage of (insert race here voters) Trump or Hillary for that matter can't win.

So yes if pundits are making a case that a President elect won't win without the support of a certain colour/race yes all the finer details matter.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    pjalive21 said:

So it's okay for Trump to be a clown because white male republican double standards. Check, got it.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Not enough history.

Why do you bother attempting to make sensible responses to unanswerable questions?
    Like I've said before your head must hurt from banging it against the wall so much.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Not enough history.

Why do you bother attempting to make sensible responses to unanswerable questions?
    Like I've said before your head must hurt from banging it against the wall so much.
    I'm a fucking moron.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Seeing all these various photos of Trump in this thread is like... well dang it, I don't know what it's like! :i_dunno:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Problem is that Hillary is as worse as Trump. She is the true 1% but acts (lies) like she is the people's champion. I wonder how much she paid or promised to Bernie?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Problem is that Hillary is as worse as Trump. She is the true 1% but acts (lies) like she is the people's champion. I wonder how much she paid or promised to Bernie?

Probably a lot but the reality of it is it's either Trump or Clinton and Trump can't win the WH with out the minority vote I know you know this already but the Trumpster up above can't wrap his head around that fact ..
This discussion has been closed.