Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/nypd-commish-says-trump-wanted-a-photo-op-with-nyc-cops-in-the-wake-of-dallas-shooting/

The New York Daily News reports that Trump on Friday morning called up the New York Police Department and asked if he could speak to officers at a 3 p.m. roll call at the NYPD Midtown North Precinct.

Police Commissioner Bill Bratton, however, quickly nixed the idea.

“Our interest is staying out of the politics of the moment, and not to provide photo ops,” Bratton told reporters. “If Mr. Trump wants to speak to me, I would be happy to brief him on what we’re doing. If Sen. Clinton wants to speak to me, I would very happy to brief her on what we’re doing. But we are not in the business of providing photo ops for our candidates.”

What an absolute piece of shit
    That's great. Trump is scum and it's nice to see someone so simply acknowledge his motivation in asking to do that.
    So is this a false statement by Trumps campaign? http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/trump-campaign-denies-asking-nypd-to-address-cops/40427246
    Donald Trump's campaign is denying that the candidate wanted to meet with New York police officers Friday afternoon and hold a news conference at a midtown precinct in a show of support after the Dallas police ambush. An aide on the Trump campaign said that a request might have gone out tangentially from someone within the Trump Organization, mentioning long-standing ties between members of the organization and the NYPD.
    If the police commissioner actually said that, then yes, I would assume Trump's people are lying. Obviously I am going to trust the NYC police commissioner over Donald Trump. Lol, a request "might have gone out tangentially". :lol: Please.
    It's very easy when you are on a pinnacle to not know what the bottom of the pile is doing all the time. Quite sure once the person who sent this request is fired by now.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,709
    I don't know anything about him.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/nypd-commish-says-trump-wanted-a-photo-op-with-nyc-cops-in-the-wake-of-dallas-shooting/

The New York Daily News reports that Trump on Friday morning called up the New York Police Department and asked if he could speak to officers at a 3 p.m. roll call at the NYPD Midtown North Precinct.

“Our interest is staying out of the politics of the moment, and not to provide photo ops,” Bratton told reporters. “If Mr. Trump wants to speak to me, I would be happy to brief him on what we’re doing. If Sen. Clinton wants to speak to me, I would very happy to brief her on what we’re doing. But we are not in the business of providing photo ops for our candidates.”

That's great. Trump is scum and it's nice to see someone so simply acknowledge his motivation in asking to do that.
    So is this a false statement by Trumps campaign? http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/trump-campaign-denies-asking-nypd-to-address-cops/40427246
    Donald Trump's campaign is denying that the candidate wanted to meet with New York police officers Friday afternoon and hold a news conference at a midtown precinct in a show of support after the Dallas police ambush. An aide on the Trump campaign said that a request might have gone out tangentially from someone within the Trump Organization, mentioning long-standing ties between members of the organization and the NYPD.
    If the police commissioner actually said that, then yes, I would assume Trump's people are lying. Obviously I am going to trust the NYC police commissioner over Donald Trump. Lol, a request "might have gone out tangentially". :lol: Please.
    It's very easy when you are on a pinnacle to not know what the bottom of the pile is doing all the time. Quite sure once the person who sent this request is fired by now.
    And that is a troubling lack of control and experience.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Shit rolls downhill.
    Tell me there has never been someone at the top that has to answer for a subs call.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

You continue to do an excellent job of making the case against Trump. Keep up the good work.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

^^^
    Shit rolls downhill.
    Tell me there has never been someone at the top that has to answer for a subs call.

That's the point. If you have pro's in your campaign, you try to avoid doing dumb shit.

According to the NY Daily News, the request came from Trump's head of security. Presumably that person would report to Trump which would lead you to believe Trump knew or approved of the request. If not, then you're right.. he should be fired. Let's give it a week and see if he's fired. Then we'll know.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

You continue to do an excellent job of making the case against Trump. Keep up the good work.
    :lol:
    I keep reading your posts as making a case for Trump.
    I just caught the word against
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Hmmm
    Something tells me that you do and can refute anything anyone has to say about him.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Hmmm
    Something tells me that you do and can refute anything anyone has to say about him.
    Negative. He doesn't have a political record.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Neither does Trump.
  • Options

^^^
    Neither does Trump.

He doesn't have a voting record, and to my knowledge, he hasn't tweeted racist, stupid or ignorant shit. So like I said, I don't know anything about him.
  • Options
    ^^^
    So if it made headlines that he was the running mate right now you would have nothing to say?
  • Options

^^^
    So if it made headlines that he was the running mate right now you would have nothing to say?

Not at all. I'm not reflexively anti-Republican. I would wait until we learn more about him before rendering an opinion. I would be somewhat surprised since I don't think he's been the kind of general that seeks the political light, like a Gen Wesley Clark for instance. I don't remember him doing the talking head thing, but maybe he has. Regardless, it won't change who I vote for.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Do you not also base your vote on the running mate?
    Palin I could see why Trump would be a no.
  • Options

^^^
    Do you not also base your vote on the running mate?
    Palin I could see why Trump would be a no.

I don't, and research has shown that people generally do not. However this year could be different, who knows. There's no one Trump could select that would make me think he could be a successful POTUS.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    ^^^
    Not even with the notion of Trump winning just because he can but will resign and give it up to someone qualified.?
    Anything but Hillary?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

^^^
    Not even with the notion of Trump winning just because he can but will resign and give it up to someone qualified.?
    Anything but Hillary?

No.. that's preposterous. You think someone would vote for Trump because they like the VP and are counting on Trump resigning? That would be a terrible decision by anyone.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,574
    edited July 2016
    College-educated whites put hole in Trump coalition

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2016/07/09/college-educated-whites-put-hole-trump-coalition/bkg6vEEDCbObMRZiT9IIYP/story.html

ATLANTA — Wanda Melton has voted for every Republican presidential nominee since Ronald Reagan in 1980, but now the Georgia grandmother plans to cross over to support Democrat Hillary Clinton.

‘‘I'm not a real fan of Hillary,’’ Melton says from her office in Atlanta. ‘‘But I think it would just be awful to have Donald Trump.’’ She adds: ‘‘I cannot in good conscience let that happen.’’
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342

Clearly qualified......

Mark Sanford: Trump defended articles of the Constitution that don't exist
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/sanford-questions-trump-constitution-gaffe/

No matter what at the end of campaign on Election Day all the Republicans will fall in line with him and vote for him republican stablishement are a bunch of weak no balls group , they will never ever stand against the NRA hence they will have to vote for Trump ..
    The establishment maybe but not Trump.
    Why don't you take a picture of you wearing it show us you have balls go out in public wearing it !!
    What are you saying? A person wearing that would have something to worry about?
    What about if the name was changed to Hillary...oh wait nevermind that wouldn't work but you know what I mean.
    No I'm saying that because it's an embarrassing shirt , you like the shirt please show us how much you really like Trump wear the damn thing !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    New Pew poll shows Trump in 3rd place with 18-29 year olds...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016

New Pew poll shows Trump in 3rd place with 18-29 year olds...

In third behind Bernie Sanders and Pokemon

Http://forbes.com/sites/curtissilver/2016/07/09/pokemon-go-outside-and-play/#4e0a13cb4f0e
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    If this guy becomes his VP running mate it doesn't sound bad at all.
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/drunken-peasants-podcast/images/9/94/EmperorTrump.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160105213206
    But he made his views clear on the tensions between law enforcement and the Black Lives Matter movement, calling Hillary Clinton's speech earlier this week "totally irresponsible," suggesting that the presumptive Democratic nominee said "white people are to blame."

"There's one race that we have to worry about, and it's the human race," he said.

"Abortion, I think it's a, I think for women, and these are difficult issues, but I think women have to be able to choose," Flynn said, when asked whether he believed in a woman's right to an abortion.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    If Trump somehow becomes president, we will all have lived to see two of the greatest leaders in world history:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    brianlux said:

If Trump somehow becomes president, we will all have lived to see two of the greatest leaders in world history:

At least we'll get an Interview sequel out of it. :lol:
  • Options

If this guy becomes his VP running mate it doesn't sound bad at all.
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/drunken-peasants-podcast/images/9/94/EmperorTrump.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160105213206
    But he made his views clear on the tensions between law enforcement and the Black Lives Matter movement, calling Hillary Clinton's speech earlier this week "totally irresponsible," suggesting that the presumptive Democratic nominee said "white people are to blame."

"There's one race that we have to worry about, and it's the human race," he said.

"Abortion, I think it's a, I think for women, and these are difficult issues, but I think women have to be able to choose," Flynn said, when asked whether he believed in a woman's right to an abortion.

The social conservatives already are suspicious of Trump's inability to articulate a Right to Life position. Having a VP that struggles with that too could be a problem.
  • Options
    And what's with that photo? Is he suddenly a great military leader? I thought avoiding the clap in the 70s was his only war experience.
  • Options
    It could be a problem (not a big one though) yes but Trump is way more open and including on these issues than the rest of the GOP and would be able to finally make the jump to supporting this if he is POTUS with a VP who supports is too. Kind of like a shove off GOP response.

As for the picture I want to post one each time just because.

• Options
  • Options
    Maybe he's not just a racist....

https://youtu.be/mkQWiMuRSRA
This discussion has been closed.