Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

This is from a Reuters poll of 16000 people (huge sample) measuring the racial attitudes of the supporters of Clinton, Trump, Cruz and Kasich. Oops.. who is the outlier here?? This completely supports my statements above that, although not all Trump supporters are racists, racists are disproportionately drawn to him. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-race-idUSKCN0ZE2SW

Donald Trump does really well among white voters without a college degree.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-may-become-the-first-republican-in-60-years-to-lose-white-college-graduates/
    Yeah I saw this too. I love 538... best info out there. Anyway, none of this should shock anyone. Everyone I work with is college educated, most are white (proportional to the pop.) and most are traditionally Republican. They all make fun of Trump and think he's an idiot.
    But who will they vote for?

I was surprised to hear that my rabid right wing sister/brother-in-law didn't think much of Trump. I guess they might see Johnson as the alternative.

Well the pro Business people have always been an unusual fit for today's GOP. I say this because they are usually liberal on social issues. But the founder of my company once said something that I thought was really smart... He said he votes Republican because the social issues are always going to go left on their own. You don't necessarily need a Democratic administration to enact those changes.

I think he is mostly right, but not completely right. SCOTUS and all.. but anyway, I digest. The point is, I'm not sure if they will pull the "R" lever when the time comes, go Johnson, or just not vote. My guess is that many of them stay home.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

This is from a Reuters poll of 16000 people (huge sample) measuring the racial attitudes of the supporters of Clinton, Trump, Cruz and Kasich. Oops.. who is the outlier here?? This completely supports my statements above that, although not all Trump supporters are racists, racists are disproportionately drawn to him. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-race-idUSKCN0ZE2SW

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-may-become-the-first-republican-in-60-years-to-lose-white-college-graduates/
    Yeah I saw this too. I love 538... best info out there. Anyway, none of this should shock anyone. Everyone I work with is college educated, most are white (proportional to the pop.) and most are traditionally Republican. They all make fun of Trump and think he's an idiot.

I was surprised to hear that my rabid right wing sister/brother-in-law didn't think much of Trump. I guess they might see Johnson as the alternative.

Well the pro Business people have always been an unusual fit for today's GOP. I say this because they are usually liberal on social issues. But the founder of my company once said something that I thought was really smart... He said he votes Republican because the social issues are always going to go left on their own. You don't necessarily need a Democratic administration to enact those changes.

I think he is mostly right, but not completely right. SCOTUS and all.. but anyway, I digest. The point is, I'm not sure if they will pull the "R" lever when the time comes, go Johnson, or just not vote. My guess is that many of them stay home.
    I think that most will just do what they have always done and just vote R all the way down the ticket, regardless of who the nominee is.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Small businesses (including mine) have done very well the last few years. This might be more of where I am geographically but there is pretty good data that shows how much better the economy does under Dems.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Small businesses (including mine) have done very well the last few years. This might be more of where I am geographically but there is pretty good data that shows how much better the economy does under Dems.
    My business has suffered a bit under the yoke of regulation since Obama took office. The CFPB has created an environment that means, for example, we added 20% to our workforce but in all non-revenue producing roles. It's all regulatory compliance. So my company is not a fan of Obama (as a rule) but I'm the resident Democrat. Many believe (with reason) that the economy is basically cyclical, with events driving short term gains/losses in the market (Brexit, 9/11, and the like). Again, these are rational beliefs and I generally believe in a cyclical economy which is why I vote D.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    eddiec said:

^^^
    Your opinion is that he appeals to racists.
    Am I racist because I sometimes post truths that he says?
    A distraction? No. Trump appeals to many not just the uneducated racists.

You don't have to be uneducated to be racist.
    No, you don't. But it does seem like there are a lot more uneducated racists than educated ones.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,025
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/nypd-commish-says-trump-wanted-a-photo-op-with-nyc-cops-in-the-wake-of-dallas-shooting/
    The New York Daily News reports that Trump on Friday morning called up the New York Police Department and asked if he could speak to officers at a 3 p.m. roll call at the NYPD Midtown North Precinct.

Police Commissioner Bill Bratton, however, quickly nixed the idea.

“Our interest is staying out of the politics of the moment, and not to provide photo ops,” Bratton told reporters. “If Mr. Trump wants to speak to me, I would be happy to brief him on what we’re doing. If Sen. Clinton wants to speak to me, I would very happy to brief her on what we’re doing. But we are not in the business of providing photo ops for our candidates.”
    What an absolute piece of shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/nypd-commish-says-trump-wanted-a-photo-op-with-nyc-cops-in-the-wake-of-dallas-shooting/

The New York Daily News reports that Trump on Friday morning called up the New York Police Department and asked if he could speak to officers at a 3 p.m. roll call at the NYPD Midtown North Precinct.

“Our interest is staying out of the politics of the moment, and not to provide photo ops,” Bratton told reporters. “If Mr. Trump wants to speak to me, I would be happy to brief him on what we’re doing. If Sen. Clinton wants to speak to me, I would very happy to brief her on what we’re doing. But we are not in the business of providing photo ops for our candidates.”

Good for Bratton
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^
    Why does this make him a piece of shit? He asked for a chance to address them big deal.
    He supports the police and the NY vets support him.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    Clearly qualified......

Mark Sanford: Trump defended articles of the Constitution that don't exist
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/sanford-questions-trump-constitution-gaffe/
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354

Clearly qualified......

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/sanford-questions-trump-constitution-gaffe/

No matter what at the end of campaign on Election Day all the Republicans will fall in line with him and vote for him republican stablishement are a bunch of weak no balls group , they will never ever stand against the NRA hence they will have to vote for Trump ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Clearly qualified......

No matter what at the end of campaign on Election Day all the Republicans will fall in line with him and vote for him republican stablishement are a bunch of weak no balls group , they will never ever stand against the NRA hence they will have to vote for Trump ..
    The establishment maybe but not Trump.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354

Clearly qualified......

Why don't you take a picture of you wearing it show us you have balls go out in public wearing it !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    edited July 2016

^^^
    Why does this make him a piece of shit? He asked for a chance to address them big deal.
    He supports the police and the NY vets support him.

Because he wanted to use the tragedy to glorify himself. Again.

Reminds me of the scene from Gladiator.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Guvyp9SP8

Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options

Clearly qualified......

Why don't you take a picture of you wearing it show us you have balls go out in public wearing it !!
    What are you saying? A person wearing that would have something to worry about?
    What about if the name was changed to Hillary...oh wait nevermind that wouldn't work but you know what I mean.
  • Options

Clearly qualified......

That's why he evaded the Vietnam draft.. Due to his huge balls.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Other known figures have done the same thing and have received accolades for it.
  • Options

^^^
    Other known figures have done the same thing and have received accolades for it.

Calling him ballsy is not an accurate description. He's like any other big mouthed bully.
  • Options
    ^^^
    He has said a lot of things that others think and you won't admit that. I'm not sure why many won't actually.
    Balls.
  • Options

^^^
    He has said a lot of things that others think and you won't admit that. I'm not sure why many won't actually.
    Balls.

Can you type that whole thing again please...adding more words? I really don't understand it at all.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Balls.

Can you type that whole thing again please...adding more words? I really don't understand it at all.
    Words that people like Stephen Hawking can understand like demagogue. Not small Trump friendly words like very bad man.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Balls.

Words that people like Stephen Hawking can understand like demagogue. Not small Trump friendly words like very bad man.
    Hey! I understood all those words he said. I must agree with him!
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Balls.

I've always wondered why some people around here seem to pluck or should I say pick an obscure word randomly from a thesaurus to insert into a response sometimes. Often it is met with a pat on the back.

Anyway http://www.ucd.ie/artspgs/semantics/ConsequencesErudite.pdf

If some people can't even understand Trumps or others simpleton way of speech says a lot.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Balls.

I've always wondered why some people around here seem to pluck or should I say pick an obscure word randomly from a thesaurus to insert into a response sometimes. Often it is met with a pat on the back.

If some people can't even understand Trumps or others simpleton way of speech says a lot.
    The problem is your sentence structure. I have no idea what the bold sentence means, or what you typed earlier.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    Balls.

The problem is your sentence structure. I have no idea what the bold sentence means, or what you typed earlier.
    Some people speak or write with utmost brevity without wasting time with needless speech.
    Example - Trump would beat Bernie Sanders.

Not - Trump could beat Bernie Sanders in an election if it came down to those two candidates in an election.
  • Options
    Forget it.. My point was that I don't understand what you were trying to say. "Trump would beat Sanders" is a crystal clear sentence. The other ones were not.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

That's great. Trump is scum and it's nice to see someone so simply acknowledge his motivation in asking to do that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That's great. Trump is scum and it's nice to see someone so simply acknowledge his motivation in asking to do that.
    So is this a false statement by Trumps campaign? http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/trump-campaign-denies-asking-nypd-to-address-cops/40427246
    Donald Trump's campaign is denying that the candidate wanted to meet with New York police officers Friday afternoon and hold a news conference at a midtown precinct in a show of support after the Dallas police ambush. An aide on the Trump campaign said that a request might have gone out tangentially from someone within the Trump Organization, mentioning long-standing ties between members of the organization and the NYPD.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    PJ_Soul said:

The Blue Lives Matter people who support Trump have to make up their minds now. Can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    The Hat Making Trump Supporters See Red

Make Racists Afraid Again

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/b-dolan/the-hat-making-trump-supp_b_10824872.html
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

So is this a false statement by Trumps campaign? http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/trump-campaign-denies-asking-nypd-to-address-cops/40427246
    Donald Trump's campaign is denying that the candidate wanted to meet with New York police officers Friday afternoon and hold a news conference at a midtown precinct in a show of support after the Dallas police ambush. An aide on the Trump campaign said that a request might have gone out tangentially from someone within the Trump Organization, mentioning long-standing ties between members of the organization and the NYPD.
    If the police commissioner actually said that, then yes, I would assume Trump's people are lying. Obviously I am going to trust the NYC police commissioner over Donald Trump. Lol, a request "might have gone out tangentially". :lol: Please.
This discussion has been closed.