SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    edited February 2016
    MK88178 said:

AlaG said:

PJNB said:

MK88178 said:

Bad news maybe

Someone just posted the following:

Ok I have answers for anyone who bought tickets from tickets.com today for the show and get ready for bad news. It was tickets.com mistake and they are getting ahold of Pearl Jam and Live Nation and waiting to find out if the tickets will be honored. They don't thing they will be honored. They are not duplicates

Ya the Livenation and Fenway are just using Tickets.com as a hub to sell there tickets. Tickets.com fucked up but Its up to Livenation where to go from here. My guess is they will stay the course and there will be a lot of the good seats already gone for tomorrows sale.
    Horseshit if true. Great on you guys for scoring tickets but some of us aren't at our computers 24/7. I took work off to partake in the sale tomorrow. Would be unfair to not get the same shot as some of the opportunistic people here.
    Talk to speedy he has the whole grandstand
    If you look at the ticket website now.
    They have renamed Sections C1-C2 and C3...
    Those sections are now known as

SPEEDYPALOOZA!!!!!

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

MK88178 said:

AlaG said:

PJNB said:

MK88178 said:

Bad news maybe

Ok I have answers for anyone who bought tickets from tickets.com today for the show and get ready for bad news. It was tickets.com mistake and they are getting ahold of Pearl Jam and Live Nation and waiting to find out if the tickets will be honored. They don't thing they will be honored. They are not duplicates

Ya the Livenation and Fenway are just using Tickets.com as a hub to sell there tickets. Tickets.com fucked up but Its up to Livenation where to go from here. My guess is they will stay the course and there will be a lot of the good seats already gone for tomorrows sale.
    Horseshit if true. Great on you guys for scoring tickets but some of us aren't at our computers 24/7. I took work off to partake in the sale tomorrow. Would be unfair to not get the same shot as some of the opportunistic people here.
    They have renamed Sections 1-2 and 3...

SPEEDYPALOOZA!!!!!

Will you be letting people who have uppers into your section since nobody will be in the row?
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    ive bought tickets for an event before where it was supposed to be a members only presale, some of the hottest sporting tickets in the uk, England v Australia, ashes series, and got front row seats, those tickets were worth a fortune on the secondary sites, all tickets bought through that brief mistake were honoured.
    that wont have any bearing on this sale but im just saying ive bought during a "closed" member only sale previously and been fine.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    AlaG said:

Anyone saying at least fans got most of the seats, there are metric fuck tons of new tickets available on StubHub, notably on the floor sections, which weren't even on the site last night. A bunch of us got fucked over by this.

there really arent many in the floor sections available... . and not that many as a whole as compared to when the "real" sales happen.

This news broke here and on facebook. I think real fans had most of the transactions... and I would say a number of tickets on stubhub are 'fans' who also sell tickets to offset costs.
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,021
    edited February 2016
    I don't think anything is going to happen. They are just going to stay quiet, honor the tickets, and move on. Even if 500 tickets were sold today it's a very small amount in the scheme of things. They now have about 19 hours or so before the public on sale time to clean up the whole mess if they decided to do something, I just don't see it.

Sometimes I think many people on here and the Facebook groups (myself included) forget how small of a bubble we are in being in the fan club, hanging out on forums, or in FB groups. What feels like a major issues to us die hards that pay attention 24-7, is just another small glitch in a random ticket sale. It will be chalked up as an "oopsie" and everyone moves on. 10C won't say a thing, tickets.com won't say a thing, live nation won't say a thing, Red Sox won't say a thing. There will be some discussions, happy people that scored tix, mad people that didn't, etc. but at the end of the day it's a small glitch that happened and life moves one. The sun will rise another day.
    Post edited by Edved007 on
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189

there are no PDFs...no print option.

If this is the case, then I bet they cancel the orders
  • Options
    Boston television media is aware and looking into it. I was told by a buddy who lives downtown. If this is the case, it will not just get swept under the rug. Might be on the late news? Hopefully the true fans who did get tickets during the mix up get to keep them!
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Edved007 said:

I don't think anything is going to happen. They are just going to stay quiet, honor the tickets, and move on. Even if 500 tickets were sold today it's a very small amount in the scheme of things. They now have about 19 hours or so before the public on sale time to clean up the whole mess if they decided to do something, I just don't see it.

Sometimes I think many people on here and the Facebook groups (myself include) forgot how small of a bubble we are in being in the fan club, hanging out on forums, or in FB groups. What feels like a major issues to us die hards that pay attention 24-7, is just another small glitch in a random ticket sale. It will be chalked up as an "oopsie" and everyone moves on. 10C won't say a thing, tickets.com won't say a thing, live nation won't say a thing, Red Sox won't say a thing. There will be some discussions, happy people that scored tix, mad people that didn't, etc. but at the end of the day it's a small glitch that happened and life moves one. The sun will rise another day.

spot on, its happened, it was brief and its done with.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346
    When Bernie Sanders hears about this, everyone is going to pay.
  • Options

MK88178 said:

AlaG said:

PJNB said:

MK88178 said:

Bad news maybe

SPEEDYPALOOZA!!!!!

Will you be letting people who have uppers into your section since nobody will be in the row?
    Ya know, I just thought of something?

If I just keep all the fucking tickets I purchased. Keep them all to myself.
    I will have half of that infield to myself!!!!

Not a bad idea.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    BCBA said:

AlaG said:

Anyone saying at least fans got most of the seats, there are metric fuck tons of new tickets available on StubHub, notably on the floor sections, which weren't even on the site last night. A bunch of us got fucked over by this.

there really arent many in the floor sections available... . and not that many as a whole as compared to when the "real" sales happen.

This news broke here and on facebook. I think real fans had most of the transactions... and I would say a number of tickets on stubhub are 'fans' who also sell tickets to offset costs.
    Screw any fan who would sell tickets to offset costs of seeing the band. Hope at least those people get their sales reversed.
  • Options

MK88178 said:

AlaG said:

PJNB said:

MK88178 said:

Bad news maybe

SPEEDYPALOOZA!!!!!

Not a bad idea.
    More room to catch a tambourine
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,021
    dmbolp said:

I saw multiple people on Facebook post pics of their printed tickets, so don't know if this is true...
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502

When Bernie Sanders hears about this, everyone is going to pay.

If it was up to bernie it's free tickets for everyone
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

MK88178 said:

AlaG said:

PJNB said:

MK88178 said:

Bad news maybe

SPEEDYPALOOZA!!!!!

Not a bad idea.
    if he wants a tambourine he'll have to let a few kids in the section with him
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Edved007 said:

Sometimes I think many people on here and the Facebook groups (myself included) forget how small of a bubble we are in being in the fan club, hanging out on forums, or in FB groups. What feels like a major issues to us die hards that pay attention 24-7, is just another small glitch in a random ticket sale. It will be chalked up as an "oopsie" and everyone moves on. 10C won't say a thing, tickets.com won't say a thing, live nation won't say a thing, Red Sox won't say a thing. There will be some discussions, happy people that scored tix, mad people that didn't, etc. but at the end of the day it's a small glitch that happened and life moves one. The sun will rise another day.

YEAH!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    So if I buy a pair to night 2 tomorrow and find out later my tickets for night 1 that I got today are cancelled, I'm just going to have to get them to cancel my night 2 order if we are just throwing "all sales are final" out the window. Seems fair. I'm not going to travel just for one of the nights.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    u shouldn't hope people's tix get cancelled if you've been in the club for 2 years, lol
  • Options

MK88178 said:

AlaG said:

PJNB said:

MK88178 said:

Bad news maybe

SPEEDYPALOOZA!!!!!

Not a bad idea.
    Hey SPEEDY, how were your seats?

Not bad, the entire section from the right field foul pole, to the Green Monster? Those were my seats.

Hahaha

• Options
    GM151575 said:

So if I buy a pair to night 2 tomorrow and find out later my tickets for night 1 that I got today are cancelled, I'm just going to have to get them to cancel my night 2 order if we are just throwing "all sales are final" out the window. Seems fair. I'm not going to travel just for one of the nights.

Cheers. Sounds about right to me. We are traveling from the same area and if they want to be hard nosed about it, I will too.
  • Options
    Edved007 said:

I agree 100%, this is exactly what is going to happen...nothing. My only question is, did anyone who bought seats in the stands see an eticket option? Often times, field tickets are hard tix only and the tickets in the stands have the option of etickets
    Gorge
  • Options

Boston television media is aware and looking into it. I was told by a buddy who lives downtown. If this is the case, it will not just get swept under the rug. Might be on the late news? Hopefully the true fans who did get tickets during the mix up get to keep them!

Come on, this isn't media level news
    Gorge
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I got etix... cant print until March 1st though
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    THERE ARE NEWS TRUCKS CAMPED OUT ALL IN FRONT OF FENWAY. THEY ARE TRYING TO GET ANSWERS
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

THERE ARE NEWS TRUCKS CAMPED OUT ALL IN FRONT OF FENWAY. THEY ARE TRYING TO GET ANSWERS

THERE ARE NEWS TRUCKS CAMPED OUT ALL OVER MY HOUSE! THEY ARE TRYING TO GET TICKETS!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Turf tickets with no eticket option available
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I got etix... cant print until March 1st though

So field tix are hard tix only.
    Gorge
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930

MayDay10 said:

THERE ARE NEWS TRUCKS CAMPED OUT ALL OVER MY HOUSE! THEY ARE TRYING TO GET TICKETS!
    Heard it was these guys:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    the media, lol. they will turn a blind eye when their brethren mucks up, Wallstreet, ticketbastard etch etch
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Edved007 said:

dmbolp said:

I saw multiple people on Facebook post pics of their printed tickets, so don't know if this is true...
    Link???