Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution Purple Vinyl LP *Sold Out . 1900 copies

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722

mrussel1 said:

Can anyone comment on how it sounds digitally? I'm considering grabbing it on CD. Not an audiophile by any means but I've gathered reading here it doesn't sound great at all.

I think the cd sounds fine. I think most of expected more from the vinyl.
    Ok thanks. I'm definitely interested but if it sounds like a blur of high frequency instruments then I'll pass lol
    PM me
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,327
    I kept holding off on buying the black version for some reason (I just couldn't make my mind up about getting it) so I've made sure I grabbed one of these :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    goldrush said:

I kept holding off on buying the black version for some reason (I just couldn't make my mind up about getting it) so I've made sure I grabbed one of these :)

Same here. Couldn't resist.
  • Options
    it's funny to read posts about how some folks are cool with passing on this copy. but boy, if it was limited edition, imagine all the posts bitching about 10c not being good enough and wanting a divorce...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options

it's funny to read posts about how some folks are cool with passing on this copy. but boy, if it was limited edition, imagine all the posts bitching about 10c not being good enough and wanting a divorce...

I was just putting the final touches on my goodbye to 10C message. I'm mostly mad that I never win the monthly contest.
  • Options
    It is limited edition.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,662
    Got mine!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,335

It is limited edition.

Can't be that limited.... It didn't sell out in the first day :)
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

It is limited edition.

The Club that cried "wolf"
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    How am I supposed to trade this for the splatter if it's still for sale, come on people!

J/K I didn't buy the first round and figured this would be nice to play.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,927
    Zod said:

It is limited edition.

Can't be that limited.... It didn't sell out in the first hour :)
    fixed :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,653
    Its a cool item. I just didnt like the show much and i really dont need any more vinyl. Looks nice tho
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64

Lmao
  • Options
    PettyHeadPettyHead Erie, PA Posts: 128
    I am a sucker for colored vinyl, shocked it is still available. Maybe everyone is broke from ticket sales, lol!
    1998 -Barrie, ON
    2003 -Cleveland
    2006 -Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2007 -Lolla
    2008 -EV -Santa Cruz, PJ -DC
    2009 -EV -Baltimore I & II, PJ -Chicago I
    2010 -Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 -EV -Detroit, Bridge School I & II, PJ -Toronto
    2013 -Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - PJ - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Toronto I, Wrigley I & II, TOTD - MSG
    2017 - PJ - NYC - RRHOF Induction, EV - Nashville
    2018 - Wrigley I & II
    2022 - Hamilton, ON, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago I & II
    2024 - Baltimore
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfortunately, I don't think most of the actual Mad Season material is very good on this album, and the orchestra - what makes the show so unique - sounds weak (not because of the orchestra, but because of the mastering I think). The rest of it - the non-Mad Season stuff - is much better..... At any rate, I wonder if this coloured version will go way up in value? Not really sure on this one. I suppose it's possible. Definitely not buying it (already have black). If the album sounded better I probably would pick this up as well.

naw, they severely fucked up the recording/miking of the orchestra. not surprising since it was probably recorded by a "rock" engineer. oh well fuck it. you guys enjoy that beautiful piece of purple. and let me know how it sounds. not cuz it's pretty.. but i'm talking about the Pepsi challenge, aiight?
    Ah, okay, the recording - yes, that does make sense. Surprising someone didn't think of that and make sure that it was recorded properly! It's a real bummer!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    Zod said:

It is limited edition.

Side projects are never a very big deal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,499
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

It is limited edition.

Mad Season used to be a very big deal with collectors. I always take "limited edition" with a grain of salt because I see stuff like "limited edition of 20,000".
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,335

PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

It is limited edition.

Mad Season used to be a very big deal with collectors. I always take "limited edition" with a grain of salt because I see stuff like "limited edition of 20,000".
    You never know unless they announce the size of the pressing. I have a feeling some of the pressing of Pearl Jam's '06 to 2006 records have non-limited pressing sizes smaller than today's limited pressing sizes.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196
    Limited edition? Don't need to be a 10club member to buy this? Limit 1 per order, no quantity limit? And it's still available?

Can't remember now but was the black vinyl also listed as limited edition @ the 10club store?
  • Options
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,389
    Mine is supposed to arrive early next week! Can't wait to spin this!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Why the ?
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Is the sound quality so shitty?
  • Options
    Air23 said:

Is the sound quality so shitty?

It's not shitty or bad quality per se... Not like the new Houses of the Holy which was a travesty. It's just a little lifeless. I think because of the full orchestra, we expected some real detail in the pressing. I mean, we listen to rock albums by and large, so when you get to class something up with an orchestra, you hope for something that blows you away on vinyl. My opinion..
  • Options
    Just arrived here in Portland! Very cool color! Crazy fast shipping! Thanks, 10c!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Just arrived here in Portland! Very cool color! Crazy fast shipping! Thanks, 10c!

Can you A/B it against the original?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

Can you A/B it against the original?
    A/B??

I don't have the black pressing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com