Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution Purple Vinyl LP *Sold Out . 1900 copies

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,785
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

RobbyD462 said:

mrussel1 said:

hsohi said:

mrussel1 said:

AAJC said:

Anyone get the vinyl? How does it sound? How's the pressing?

For the Symphony? I think everyone here got it. It's a mediocre pressing at best. The second record is better than the first. The packaging is first class. We are all disappointed in the lack of depth and soundstage particularly with the symphony itself.

Live at the Moore is fantastic and a far, far superior album.
    Six pages in.
    But how does it sound? How is the pressing?
    It's TITS! (do people still say that, beside me of course?)
    I do but when somethings good!
    That's the Tits! Lol
    I'm glad to find someone with class like me and Don.. welcome to the group.

LOL
    Cheers M8!
    Now for some purple drink and MLB purple cause MS purple is just as bad as MS black.
    Glad I have both lol
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Who is this fucking guy? I keep seeing him on YouTube videos from CNN saying stupid shit.
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Arrived in Alberta today! Looks good
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    AAJC said:

Who is this fucking guy? I keep seeing him on YouTube videos from CNN saying stupid shit.

He's a fucking guy that says stupid shit. I think you nailed it the first time.
  • Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71
    If you're in oz there's a Melbourne based online shop taking pre orders.

http://www.vinyldestination.com.au/mad-season-sonic-evolution-30-01-2015-mad-season-w
    mick29 said:

Cheers mate, will keep an eye out, actually visited a Zia store in Vegas when I was over there from Oz, pretty cool store.

demetrios said:

mick29 said:

Completely bloody forgot about this, if anyone happens to have a spare copy they want to dish off, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Mick

Keep an eye out for Bull Moose, Zia Record Exchange & Silver Platters record stores who soon will be taking pre orders. MONKEYWRENCH 0076047 . UPC: 753677604728 . Release Date: 3/18/2016.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,012
    edited March 2016
    Cappo said:

If you're in oz there's a Melbourne based online shop taking pre orders.

http://www.vinyldestination.com.au/mad-season-sonic-evolution-30-01-2015-mad-season-w

mick29 said:

Cheers mate, will keep an eye out, actually visited a Zia store in Vegas when I was over there from Oz, pretty cool store.

demetrios said:

mick29 said:

Completely bloody forgot about this, if anyone happens to have a spare copy they want to dish off, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Mick

Keep an eye out for Bull Moose, Zia Record Exchange & Silver Platters record stores who soon will be taking pre orders. MONKEYWRENCH 0076047 . UPC: 753677604728 . Release Date: 3/18/2016.
    Thanks Cappo. First line of the description, colour PRUPLE. So Black, Splatter, Purple, now PRUPLE.

From the ad "STRICTLY LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE ON TRANSLUCENT PRUPLE COLOURED VINYL!"

Just ordered my rare PRUPLE. I have a variant you guys don't...well unless you order it
  • Options
    BTW - Was the Mad Season Purple 10C pre-order a certain batch different to these ones making the stores. Like different presses if there have been issues with the 10c release
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196

BTW - Was the Mad Season Purple 10C pre-order a certain batch different to these ones making the stores. Like different presses if there have been issues with the 10c release

I believe they are the same that are being sold @ the stores on March 18th.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

I believe they are the same that are being sold @ the stores on March 18th.
    Thanks demetrios
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    http://www.elusivedisc.com/Mad-Season-Seattle-Symphony-Sonic-Evolution-2LP-Translucent-Purple-Vinyl/productinfo/MWLP76047C/

Coming March 18, 2016 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!

This item not eligible for any further discount offers!

Translucent Purple Vinyl Double LP!
    Limited Edition - 1900 Copies!
    Live Performance Concert Featuring Temple of the Dog Reunion!

On January 30, 2015, surviving Mad Season members Mike McCready and Barrett Martin performed selections from the band's repertoire at the Seattle Symphony’s Sonic Evolution concert, with conductor Ludovic Morlot and guest artists including Soundgarden's Chris Cornell (filling in for the late Layne Staley), Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron and Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan (filling in for the late John Baker Saunders).

The Mad Season performance also included guests Jeff Angell, Kim Virant, Sean Kinney (Alice In Chains), Skerik, and Tim Dijulio. The night also included an appearances from Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard who alongside Cornell, McCready, and Cameron, performed songs as Temple Of The Dog.

This event was the result of a year-long artistic collaboration between Mike McCready and Seattle Symphony Music Director Ludovic Morlot. Proceeds from the album sales will benefit the Seattle Symphony and the Vitalogy Foundation.

Features:
    • Translucent Purple Vinyl
    • Limited Edition - 1900 Copies
    • Double LP

Selections:
    1. Waking The Horizon - McCready with Symphony
    2. Long Gone Day - Mad Season with Symphony
    3. River Of Deceit - Mad Season with Symphony
    4. I Don't Know Anything - Mad Season with Symphony
    5. Wake Up - Mad Season
    6. Lifeless Dead - Mad Season
    7. Above - Mad Season
    8. Call Me A Dog - Temple Of The Dog
    9. Reach Down - Temple Of The Dog
    10. All Alone - Mad Season
  • Options
    1900 copies. I wonder will these in store copies be #'d on the back of the vinyl? Or are they the same run that has been sold @ the 10club store.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I think that the words "limited edition" now are the polite phrase replacing "hurry up and buy these, suckers"...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Just received a reply back.

Same, no difference.
    10c

Sweet!
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    edited March 2016
    How many black vinyl 1st run copies do u think were made?
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • Options
    Spoken said:

How many black vinyl 1st run copies do u think were made?

Probably 2500. And 200 red splatters.
    Still on the hunt for a red splatter.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,335
    I wonder if these will make it onto other sites with free shipping?
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965
    Zod said:

Bullmoose has a listing for it but it is "Not available at this time", haven't checked any others yet
  • Options

Zod said:

Bullmoose has a listing for it but it is "Not available at this time", haven't checked any others yet
    I got my black one from Amazon. It was cheaper than 10C and had free shipping. Not there anymore obviously. It was right at release.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    Purple has arrived in the UK this morning.
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    Here in Australia
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Free shipping? Haven't see that offered even during the black vinyl release. Those record stores who Think Indie distribute their goods too.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    are EU record store going to sell any purple Sonic Evolution?
  • Options
    Air23 said:

are EU record store going to sell any purple Sonic Evolution?

Don't think there will be. Only stores where Think Indie distributes too in the USA.
  • Options
    Anyone from germany who's still waiting? Maybe my copy is stuck at the customsoffice. Anyone else?
  • Options
    http://www.melodysupreme.org/product/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-vinyl/

MAD SEASON / SEATTLE SYMPHONY – Sonic Evolution (2LP / Purple)

$34.99
    This item will be released on March 18, 2016.

Vinyl 2xLP / Limited Edition of 1900 / Translucent Purple Vinyl

Available for pre-ordering
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770

Anyone from germany who's still waiting? Maybe my copy is stuck at the customsoffice. Anyone else?

Arrived in Poland. No EU custom duties
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 836
    Anyone else have a very dodgy side 2 hissing -- My black version didn't ....
  • Options

I have an issue on side 2, right at the beginning of River of Deceit for about 30 seconds. It's up in the tweeter range. Was not there on the black or the CD.
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 836
    mrussel1 said:

I have an issue on side 2, right at the beginning of River of Deceit for about 30 seconds. It's up in the tweeter range. Was not there on the black or the CD.
    Hey thanks - sounds like the same for me - although I think it goes on for a bit longer... Although since tinnitus started in January I might be imagining it further into the side....