Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution Purple Vinyl LP *Sold Out . 1900 copies

Comments

• Options
    demetrios said:

Mcsquid said:

No Euro Tour so I bought it. Already had the red version, have the black one. Time for the Purple one. Looks pretty damn cool.

I bet there will be a europe tour after they do west coast I-5 run
    There's already two 2017 Pearl Jam Euro Facebook Groups started. I guess they know something we don't know. As in a Euro Tour happening .. in 2017.
    This sounds good. Gives me something to look forward to. It might be false info, but I don't care for a moment. Not that I don't look forward to the American Tour. I'm excited for the Merch and the fan vids.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is this a single or double lp?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,022
    Double.
  • Options
    Not into vinyl but I have the CD in my cart. Waiting for a certain SA poster before I check on out
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited February 2016
    Unfortunately, I don't think most of the actual Mad Season material is very good on this album, and the orchestra - what makes the show so unique - sounds weak (not because of the orchestra, but because of the mastering I think). The rest of it - the non-Mad Season stuff - is much better..... At any rate, I wonder if this coloured version will go way up in value? Not really sure on this one. I suppose it's possible. Definitely not buying it (already have black). If the album sounded better I probably would pick this up as well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    Purple vinyl!! I'll add it to my collection :D
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 891
    I decided I should have all three versions.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,494
    edited February 2016
    I predict this purple vinyl album is going to be the latest "F*#*k! It's gone from the store already?!"
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,391
    Shipping confirmation email received. Sweet!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

me too. that was quick.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Yeah, me to just a moment ago.
    It's nice to have something to look forward to (since there weren't any West coast shows announced).
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    shecky said:

I predict this purple vinyl album is going to be the latest "F*#*k! It's gone from the store already?!"

It's still there
  • Options
    Well, it's only been 6 1/2 hours...
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    nice piece. of all the things that they could have pressed, this one wasn't that pressing for another run. i wish the RNDM was shipping!!!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    PJ_Soul said:

Unfortunately, I don't think most of the actual Mad Season material is very good on this album, and the orchestra - what makes the show so unique - sounds weak (not because of the orchestra, but because of the mastering I think). The rest of it - the non-Mad Season stuff - is much better..... At any rate, I wonder if this coloured version will go way up in value? Not really sure on this one. I suppose it's possible. Definitely not buying it (already have black). If the album sounded better I probably would pick this up as well.

naw, they severely fucked up the recording/miking of the orchestra. not surprising since it was probably recorded by a "rock" engineer. oh well fuck it. you guys enjoy that beautiful piece of purple. and let me know how it sounds. not cuz it's pretty.. but i'm talking about the Pepsi challenge, aiight?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,741
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

naw, they severely fucked up the recording/miking of the orchestra. not surprising since it was probably recorded by a "rock" engineer. oh well fuck it. you guys enjoy that beautiful piece of purple. and let me know how it sounds. not cuz it's pretty.. but i'm talking about the Pepsi challenge, aiight?
    Exactly.. who's going to open the purple to do the comparison? If they are the same, I would be inclined to keep it under wraps..
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

Exactly.. who's going to open the purple to do the comparison? If they are the same, I would be inclined to keep it under wraps..
    Don't believe the hype. open that bastard and let me know. :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I don't have the black vinyl or the CD versions so I can't do the Pepsi challenge.
    But I do have a brand new cartridge for my 1970s' vintage turntable arriving any day now.
    The Mad Season won't arrive in time to be the first album I play with the new cartridge - that honor belongs to David Bowie's "Blackstar" on 180 grams of glorious clear vinyl.
    But the purple "Sonic Evolution" will definitely get it's turn (pun intended).
  • Options
    ^congrats on the new cartridge. Blackstar is a nice way to start. The first album that spun on my TT was the Joshua Tree, I believe.
  • Options
    shecky said:

I don't have the black vinyl or the CD versions so I can't do the Pepsi challenge.
    But I do have a brand new cartridge for my 1970s' vintage turntable arriving any day now.
    The Mad Season won't arrive in time to be the first album I play with the new cartridge - that honor belongs to David Bowie's "Blackstar" on 180 grams of glorious clear vinyl.
    But the purple "Sonic Evolution" will definitely get it's turn (pun intended).

congrats. i run the 70s too. NOS is great isn't it?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Congrats on the clear Bowie! Hell of a rare record
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    IMO it's not as bad as everyone claims it to be, but I'm not playing it on a crosley ;).
    Post edited by Patrick_Sea3 on
  • Options

IMO it's not as bad as everyone claims it to be, but I'm not playing it on a crosely ;).

hehehehe

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

IMO it's not as bad as everyone claims it to be, but I'm not playing it on a crosley ;).

You must have one of those nice Jensen setups
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I was tempted by the purple wax. Then I realized I have the black version, tickets to Philly and Fenway, and kids sports to pay for. Gonna sit this one out unless there's a bunch of "this is the greatest pressing evar!" posts.

Seriously love colored vinyl though...
  • Options

You must have one of those nice Jensen setups
    Is that like a Zune?
  • Options
    Can anyone comment on how it sounds digitally? I'm considering grabbing it on CD. Not an audiophile by any means but I've gathered reading here it doesn't sound great at all.
  • Options

Can anyone comment on how it sounds digitally? I'm considering grabbing it on CD. Not an audiophile by any means but I've gathered reading here it doesn't sound great at all.

I think the cd sounds fine. I think most of expected more from the vinyl.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I think the cd sounds fine. I think most of expected more from the vinyl.
    Ok thanks. I'm definitely interested but if it sounds like a blur of high frequency instruments then I'll pass lol
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,010
    Almost bought this...then I came to my senses. Already have the black vinyl, and I've already spent way too much on Pearl Jam lately with all these concert tickets :)