Options

Pearl Jam's 1000th Performance?

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,974
    Why do people keep ignoring the fact that Eddie already stated that they did there 999th show back in the last Europe tour and he didn't even mention it in the next show about it being 1000th. I am willing to bet the band does not give a shit about this and neither should we.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

Stats From the PJ App

Shows Played: 967
    Songs Played: 20,073
    Unique PJ Songs Played: 172
    Unique Covers Played: 310

Wrigley 2 will be 993

Another person who hasn't read the thread.
    No Ive read it. If I missed where someone mentioned the stats form the app then forgive me. Not sure what all is considered a "show" but since this is coming directly from the app I'd think it is the most accurate.

And these are not from PJ Stat Tracker. They are form the iphone app.
    Which iphone app?
    http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972745
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    KC138045 said:

BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

Stats From the PJ App

Wrigley 2 will be 993

No Ive read it. If I missed where someone mentioned the stats form the app then forgive me. Not sure what all is considered a "show" but since this is coming directly from the app I'd think it is the most accurate.

Which iphone app?
    So the app I am currently replying to you on. It is missing many shows.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Why do people keep ignoring the fact that Eddie already stated that they did there 999th show back in the last Europe tour and he didn't even mention it in the next show about it being 1000th. I am willing to bet the band does not give a shit about this and neither should we.

Nobody is ignoring this. It has been discussed and the number is verifiably wrong. They haven't reached 1000 yet no matter how you count it. Everyone also agrees that the band probably doesn't give a shit...this is just a fan curiosity.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

BS44325 said:

KC138045 said:

Stats From the PJ App

Wrigley 2 will be 993

Which iphone app?
    So the app I am currently replying to you on. It is missing many shows.
    Well shit! I give up then. :)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    BS44325 said:

cutz said:

Does anyone know for sure?

On "performances" yes but on "concerts" no.

LOL!!

So, we will probably never know the exact number then.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    PJNB said:

Exactly!
  • Options
    Good article from Alternative Nation with mention of coming 1000th show in 5th paragraph

http://www.alternativenation.net/given-to-fly-25-years-of-pearl-jam/
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239

BS44325 said:

Good article from Alternative Nation with mention of coming 1000th show in 5th paragraph

If we as a community can't agree or come to the definitive number of shows they've played what makes the author of that article a subject matter expert on it? More than likely he probably used this thread as his source for that paragraph.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    So God damnit answer the question when is the 1000th show

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 522
    Did you add this to the list. It's no longer quebec for those who thought it was.

Pearl Jam came out to the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii just after I won my 8th world surfing title. They played a private show for about 3-400 people at Waimea a couple nights before their own gig and opening a show for U2. Quote Kelly slater
  • Options
    MK88178 said:

Did you add this to the list. It's no longer quebec for those who thought it was.

Pearl Jam came out to the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii just after I won my 8th world surfing title. They played a private show for about 3-400 people at Waimea a couple nights before their own gig and opening a show for U2. Quote Kelly slater

This was on the list in my calculation.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

If we as a community can't agree or come to the definitive number of shows they've played what makes the author of that article a subject matter expert on it? More than likely he probably used this thread as his source for that paragraph.
    The author used livefootsteps.org which was one of the sites in my cross-referencing.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,246
    Just imagine the Pearl Jam gig poster for Quebec City mentions that it's Pearl Jam's 1000th show?
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    edited March 2016
    We have no idea what PJ 1000th show will be... or if it's happened.* There have been shows they kept on the DL (like the Oracle thing) and there's probably more early promo mini-sets we don't know about. I'm more excited that they are still around playing 3+ hour shows than that they hit 1000.

*If everything was recorded as some have claimed, then someone at basecamp could figure it out.
    Post edited by RE4790 on
  • Options
    davejtdavejt Posts: 55
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The author used livefootsteps.org which was one of the sites in my cross-referencing.
    There have been many discrepancies in regards to Pearl Jam’s shows over the years, even on their own site. There’s been inconsistencies as to what shows should are counted….were they an Eddie solo show, full band, private get together, a radio show, etc. We at Livefootsteps may go by a different count from other sites but we look to include live shows with an audience (a performance if you want to use that word). We count where Eddie played with at least one other band member, be it a tribute show, arena show, or a benefit. We aren’t sure why Eddie believed the Europe 2014 tour included their 1000th show, but by all accounts, that does not appear to be accurate. Maybe he was counting solo shows in that count.

We're all about live performances, but we are just fans like you guys, and we don’t claim to be an authoritative figure….we certainly aren't perfect. We are in the process of removing some shows that were previously billed by other sources as a full band show (but should be counted as an Eddie solo show) and in the future we plan to move these to a subset within the site. Though our numbers aren't currently reflecting the removal of these misbilled shows, we are also missing an equal amount of full band shows and thus still brings the 1000th show to be Quebec City 2016 by our calculations. No one site is perfect, we understand this and sometime in the future another show may come to light shifting all we know. For now, we agree with you BS44325, that May 5th, 2016 will be the show.

Dave
    livefootsteps.org
  • Options
    davejt said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

There have been many discrepancies in regards to Pearl Jam’s shows over the years, even on their own site. There’s been inconsistencies as to what shows should are counted….were they an Eddie solo show, full band, private get together, a radio show, etc. We at Livefootsteps may go by a different count from other sites but we look to include live shows with an audience (a performance if you want to use that word). We count where Eddie played with at least one other band member, be it a tribute show, arena show, or a benefit. We aren’t sure why Eddie believed the Europe 2014 tour included their 1000th show, but by all accounts, that does not appear to be accurate. Maybe he was counting solo shows in that count.

We're all about live performances, but we are just fans like you guys, and we don’t claim to be an authoritative figure….we certainly aren't perfect. We are in the process of removing some shows that were previously billed by other sources as a full band show (but should be counted as an Eddie solo show) and in the future we plan to move these to a subset within the site. Though our numbers aren't currently reflecting the removal of these misbilled shows, we are also missing an equal amount of full band shows and thus still brings the 1000th show to be Quebec City 2016 by our calculations. No one site is perfect, we understand this and sometime in the future another show may come to light shifting all we know. For now, we agree with you BS44325, that May 5th, 2016 will be the show.

Dave
    livefootsteps.org
    Wow Dave...much thanks for the thoughtful response. Livefootsteps has been an invaluable resource in nailing down this 1000th performance and I appreciate you taking the time to look into the data. Keep up the great work at livefootsteps and if you happen to come across anything that does shift the calculus by all means let us know!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    edited March 2016
    davejt said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

We count where Eddie played with at least one other band member, be it a tribute show, arena show, or a benefit.
    I think the big conclusion is you need to agree on a method and then apply as everyone looks at it different. As, example using the criteria of EV playing with 1 other band member I assume 10-16-92 (Dylan Tribute with Mike) is in the count though they played 1 song. If that is the case then a show like 4-8-08 which was EV solo show but Mike played 2 songs with him is that in the count? What about Boom if he played with EV does that count? What about 9-21-01 because it included non-member as well it doesn't count? Maybe the new qualification is who was "billed" and if more then 1 member it counts and can't include another performer? Just having some fun......and great site Dave!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options

davejt said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

We count where Eddie played with at least one other band member, be it a tribute show, arena show, or a benefit.
    I think the big conclusion is you need to agree on a method and then apply as everyone looks at it different. As, example using the criteria of EV playing with 1 other band member I assume 10-16-92 (Dylan Tribute with Mike) is in the count though they played 1 song. If that is the case then a show like 4-8-08 which was EV solo show but Mike played 2 songs with him is that in the count? What about Boom if he played with EV does that count? What about 9-21-01 because it included non-member as well it doesn't count? Maybe the new qualification is who was "billed" and if more then 1 member it counts and can't include another performer? Just having some fun......and great site Dave!
    From my understanding, and maybe Dave can clarify, is that those shows were included in the livefootsteps initial count but now that he's gone back and looked it over those shows will eventually be transferred to a different subsection. To be clear, my count did NOT include Ed solos performances or performances where it was Eddie with just one or two other people. I weeded those performances out of the livefootsteps count and added back on performances that were missed. When you do this total performance number to date still comes back to 985.
  • Options
    davejtdavejt Posts: 55
    BS44325 said:

davejt said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

From my understanding, and maybe Dave can clarify, is that those shows were included in the livefootsteps initial count but now that he's gone back and looked it over those shows will eventually be transferred to a different subsection. To be clear, my count did NOT include Ed solos performances or performances where it was Eddie with just one or two other people. I weeded those performances out of the livefootsteps count and added back on performances that were missed. When you do this total performance number to date still comes back to 985.
    BS44325,
    That's correct we have about 5 shows that we have to find the chance to move out into a Eddie solos page. But at the same time we have 5 shows that should have been counted. It's quite a daunting task with the tour coming up to take on that task of swaping out the shows needed. I want it to be as seamless as possible so everyone keeps their correct shows they've attended without asking everyone to renter their shows. If you have different numbers please let us know. We do this for the love of the band, sadly not my only job and there's never enough time to do what is needed.
  • Options
    Just got my confirmation email for performance 1000
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Just got my confirmation email for performance 1000

Me too! Excellent!!!

• Options
    After Ft. Lauderdale there have been 986 total performances.
  • Options
    After Miami there have been 987 total performances.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    BS44325 said:

What will that make Tampa?????
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    hsohi said:

BS44325 said:

988. Ah ah ah!

• Options
    demetrios said:

hsohi said:

BS44325 said:

988. Ah ah ah!

You are correct sir count! After Tampa there have been 988 total performances. Ah ah ah!
  • Options
    The countdown continues...

After Jacksonville there have been 989 total performances.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I was listening to pj radio the other day and ed said "I hear this is our 999th show" and I think it was from 2014. It made me think of this thread. Anyone else catch that on oj radio?

Does anyone know if the band cares? Its cool if it's important to the fan but what about the band?
    Thanks
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

I was listening to pj radio the other day and ed said "I hear this is our 999th show" and I think it was from 2014. It made me think of this thread. Anyone else catch that on oj radio?

Does anyone know if the band cares? Its cool if it's important to the fan but what about the band?
    Thanks

I don't think the band cares and doubt it will be mentioned...this is just based on fan curiosity. The show you mentioned has been discussed if you read through the thread and the math just doesn't add up to support Ed's statement.