Options

Quebec city roll call

Comments

• Options
    hoversmithhoversmith Québec Posts: 30
    Pack your toothbrush honey, we're going to Boston - Fenway night #1.
    Its should be a nice wrap up with Tampa, Québec (Home Plate), Ottawa, wow this is the first time i can make it to more than 2 nights on the same tour.
    1993 - Toronto, CNE (Soundgarden and PJ opened for Uncle Neil Y.)
    1998 - Montréal, Molson Center
    2000 - Montréal, Molson Center
    2005 - Halifax, NS. Metro Centre. (Missed but the Wife got to go while I was at New Orleans Hurricane Katrina relief work)
    2008 - NYC, NY. MSG 1&2 (revenge for missing Halifax in 05 !!)
    2011 - Montréal, QC. Bell Center
    2011 - Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Québec, QC. Centre Vidéotron
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Bar le Bureau de Poste as a pre show calibration meet and greet,
    Le Chateau is very nice, but pricy and chic:
    http://lebureaudeposte.com/
    For the price, menu, drink selection, and then hop on the 801 bus to stop #1213 (angle 1e Ave and 18e Rue and its a short walk West to C. VIDEOTRON (about 6-7 blocks)
    2005 - Halifax, NS. Metro Centre. (Missed but the Wife got to go while I was at New Orleans Hurricane Katrina relief work)
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Holly9075 said:

demetrios said:

Would love to set something up the day before the show in Quebec City on May 4th. A get together party. But where?

Here's a list of local pubs
    http://www.travelandleisure.com/local-experts/quebec-city/best-pubs-in-quebec-city
    I think the bar L'Oncle Antoine ( #3 )looks interesting! :)
    Thanks! Will check it out.
  • Options
    Yes, Bar l'Oncle Antoine is unique and merits a visit. I've been there once or twice.
    But i want to propose either a Rally point Pub or better yet a small crawl arround the area of Microbrasserie Korrigane, Bar le Bureau de Poste, le Cercle, MacFly Bar Arcade (this is also unique retro feel, but food is not their "fortae"), and many more possibilities.
    I know the owner of the Korrigane, maybe i can tweek some thing, no promisse, but at the very lees high jack the juke box!!
    My self, I'm curious about the Bureau Poste and they are neigbour to Korrigane MicroBrew, so if it / they reak, then a short hop over to some other place.
    Le Cerce is a well known small venue for Indie, up and comming music, mostly Alt to Heavy. All in all many possibilites...
    Looking to Coord with a few locals...
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,815
    Just checked the tour page and Quebec is sold out! This is going to be one special night.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,407
    Just let me know where the meet up is...my first time in QC
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,758
    This is a little surprising, as I thought it would be one of the more out of the way therefore skipped shows but I'm truly stoked for it.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Montreal not on the bill, so its funneling into Québec.
    2016 - Tampa, FL. Amalie
    2016 - Ottawa, ON.
  • Options
    lenglolenglo Quebec City, Canada Posts: 36
    Pub St-Alexandre is also a very good option for a get together. Nice and central location. Lots of beers. Live music.... just saying :-)
  • Options
    twenty3footstepstwenty3footsteps Toronto Posts: 37
    Totally stoked for this show!
    caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go...

08/22/98 Molson Park, Barrie, Ontario - 10/05/00 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 06/28/03 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, Ontario - 09/19/05 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 05/09/06 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 05/10/06 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 08/21/09 Molson Amphitheater, Toronto, Ontario - 05/10/10 HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY - 09/11/11 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 09/12/11 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 09/15/11 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario - 10/12/13 First Niagra Center, Buffalo, NY - 09/26/15 Great Lawn, Central Park, NY - 05/05/16 Centre Vidéotron, Quebec City, Quebec - 05/08/16 Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, Ontario - 05/12/16 Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario - 08/20/16 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL - 11/14/16 The Forum, LA, California (TOTD)
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,407
    lenglo said:

Pub St-Alexandre is also a very good option for a get together. Nice and central location. Lots of beers. Live music.... just saying :-)

Set it up!! I'll be there
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    *waves* Tour du Canada begins here!
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    Bumping all the threads about the music to the front page, because that's how it should be!

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

Bumping all the threads about the music to the front page, because that's how it should be!

Well said! I can't help but feel this show is going to be extra special. I think it's one of the smallest cities on the tour and that's usually a good thing right?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,815

Well said! I can't help but feel this show is going to be extra special. I think it's one of the smallest cities on the tour and that's usually a good thing right?
    Smaller city, brand new venue with already proven acoustics, GA for my wife and I. Ya sounds extra special to me!
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    We are arriving on May the 4th, We defiantly need to a meetup/crawl. Man I am stoked
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    If everyone keeps talking about a May 4 pub crawl meet and it makes me want to give up my day in Montreal just a little bit. We should do an after show party on the 6th.

• Options
    PJNB said:

Smaller city, brand new venue with already proven acoustics, GA for my wife and I. Ya sounds extra special to me!
    GA for me too! Truly can't wait.

Also, I see a few "please play this song in this city" threads which I can only suspect the band doesn't like. Not that the boys are on here reading threads but I still see it as bad karma. Let's keep this one pure and clean people lol
  • Options
    I am guilty, but to be fair I just recommended some songs they may want to play across an 8 show spread. Well if you don't count the two birthday specific requests.
    I will be happy with whatever I get in the end though.

• Options
    I've never been to the Centre Vidéotron. I can't wait to experience Pearl Jam in this new place.

http://www.lecentrevideotron.ca/fr/2016/01/13/lacoustique-expliquee-dans-le-dernier-numero-du-magazine-profesionnal-sound

"The acoustics explained in the last issue of the magazine Sound Professional"

https://issuu.com/psonline/docs/ps_dec15_lowres/c/spsjelh?musikmesse,+prolight+++sound=vi-series,large-venue,bss,videotron-centre,jbl,#HarmanSolutions,vi3000,quebec,sport,Soundcraft,crown

Hope Pearl Jam uses these resources to their advantage and release a kick ass Blu-ray release from this arena.

• Options
    there were at least 2 shows i saw that had the speakers spread out and mounted on the ceiling of the venue pointing down towards the sections below...rather than the traditional way of putting all the speakers on the stage and/or above the stage.
    having seen/heard things done that way i often wonder why every band isn't doing it that way.
    it make sense.
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    demetrios said:

I've never been to the Centre Vidéotron. I can't wait to experience Pearl Jam in this new place.

http://www.lecentrevideotron.ca/fr/2016/01/13/lacoustique-expliquee-dans-le-dernier-numero-du-magazine-profesionnal-sound

"The acoustics explained in the last issue of the magazine Sound Professional"

https://issuu.com/psonline/docs/ps_dec15_lowres/c/spsjelh?musikmesse,+prolight+++sound=vi-series,large-venue,bss,videotron-centre,jbl,#HarmanSolutions,vi3000,quebec,sport,Soundcraft,crown

Hope Pearl Jam uses these resources to their advantage and release a kick ass Blu-ray release from this arena.

Great read, Thanks D
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options

• Options
    Wow, there isn't a bad seat in that place. The sight lines are amazing.

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm down for a pub crawl on the 4th or 6th? Any locals want to organize it?

Some generous guy in Newfounfland organized one in 05' and it was an absolute blast!
  • Options
    Quebec City will be epic. Epic will be Quebec City. Can only be. And yes Falling Down will be played.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I will be rocking Quebec City! And if anyone else who isn't wants to be as well, I have a spare 10C reserved (face value).
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited February 2016
    I'm starting the first North American pit since 1998!
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    edited February 2016
    Can't wait to see you all !! :)
  • Options
    Here is all you need to know about this exciting venue. http://www.lecentrevideotron.ca/en

From this article http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/06/12/quebec-city-new-centre-videotron-arena-designed-with-nhl-in-mind
    The upper bowl has the remaining 7,000 seats in a rake so steep that the building code required rails at every row because the design exceeded the maximum rise allowed without them.

Quebec is going to rock!