Options

Quebec city roll call

Comments

• Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    edited January 2016
    I am staying there !! we got a great deal through the company my wife works for
    Post edited by rattzey on
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Staying at the Auberge Saint-Antoine. Great rate with the current exchange rate.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857

To Enjoy Quebec you should strive to close to "Le Carré D'Youville" where The Courtyard Marrott Downtown is, and Bus it down to the Centre Videotron. The Area in vicinity of the venue (Centre Videotro) is not lively ... Yet. But fear not, quebec knows Rock, reserche Festival d'Été de Québec (FEQ). + the off festival, Pink Floyd to Madonna via Metalica ...

What about Hotel Royal William?
    I'd like to second this question. Any info for Hotel Royal William?? Good location, near things to do, etc.?
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,801
    edited January 2016
    rattzey said:

Hi I have an extra GA ticket for Quebec, for sale face value USD :)

Is this still available"? If so I am interested.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,399
    I haven't decided where I"m staying yet...I have 3 choices booked
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited January 2016
    Porter air a backpack and the red eye back. Same with Ottawa.
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    lenglolenglo Quebec City, Canada Posts: 36
    ALL: There is no hotel at walking distance from the Venue. Cab is your best friend. There is no traffic jam in Quebec city. it's gonna cost you around 15$ from Old City to the Venue. If you plan to stay over the weekend, book an hotel in Old Quebec or close to. We have a couple of large branded hotels (Hilton, Marriot or Delta) very close to the old city and there are many small hotels or B&B inside the 'walls'. If you are visiting us from the USA, you can probably afford the best hotel in town (Chateau Frontenac) because of the exchange currency rate! Prepare to walk and enjoy the most beautiful city in North America!

Avoid hotels in Lebourneuf district or close to the airport. Nothing to visit there and far from the venue and the old city. These hotels are good for traveller business men.

PM if you want some tips or advices! ;-)

Cheers!
  • Options
    I booked a B and B that's walking distance...but might be better to stay in Old City?
  • Options
    KorryKorry Posts: 8
    rattzey said:

I would like to purchase it if you still have it.
  • Options

To Enjoy Quebec you should strive to close to "Le Carré D'Youville" where The Courtyard Marrott Downtown is, and Bus it down to the Centre Videotron. The Area in vicinity of the venue (Centre Videotro) is not lively ... Yet. But fear not, quebec knows Rock, reserche Festival d'Été de Québec (FEQ). + the off festival, Pink Floyd to Madonna via Metalica ...

I'd like to second this question. Any info for Hotel Royal William?? Good location, near things to do, etc.?
    Nice location. I don't know about the hotel itself (rooms, services,..) Decent bars and restaurants in this area. 15 minutes walk from the old city. Still need a taxi or a car to go to the venue. If you drive and park at the Videotron center, expect 30 to 45 minutes to get out after the show.
  • Options
    what do you locals suggest for a single female....esp since getting out of show after might be difficult...is there Uber there? Stay close to venue with nothing much to do, or stay in city?
  • Options

what do you locals suggest for a single female....esp since getting out of show after might be difficult...is there Uber there? Stay close to venue with nothing much to do, or stay in city?

Stay in or close of old city! Uber is still illegal here :-( Bus is good option to return. Quebec is very safe. Security is not a concern here. After the show, youngest ones will probably hit the Grande-Allée. This is a small but amazing street with a lot of restaurants, bars and night clubs. 5 minutes walk from the old city.
  • Options
    btw: PJ will probably at Chateau Frontenac or Auberge Saint-Antoine. I am willing to bet a lot of money these guys will have a walk aournd the city during the afternoon and no one will recognize them!

here are some cool videos of Quebec:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dAhOsyXBk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zh2zRRjBtM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhLTgmMnCo

:-)
  • Options
    lenglo said:

Stay in or close of old city! Uber is still illegal here :-( Bus is good option to return. Quebec is very safe. Security is not a concern here. After the show, youngest ones will probably hit the Grande-Allée. This is a small but amazing street with a lot of restaurants, bars and night clubs. 5 minutes walk from the old city.
    Thanks...I usually stay close to venues for convenience but it looks like old city is much more interesting
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    hsohi said:

Surprised no one is staying at the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. I booked it.

That's where I'm staying. Looks amazing and very inexpensive with the exchange rate

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

hsohi said:

That's where I'm staying. Looks amazing and very inexpensive with the exchange rate

wow, this is the kind of hotel that costs $300+ night in most US cities
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    lenglo said:

Nice location. I don't know about the hotel itself (rooms, services,..) Decent bars and restaurants in this area. 15 minutes walk from the old city. Still need a taxi or a car to go to the venue. If you drive and park at the Videotron center, expect 30 to 45 minutes to get out after the show.
    I appreciate this. Thank you!! Based on reviews and what you're saying, it sounds like a good choice. This will be my first time in Quebec and I'm still fairly concerned about getting "lost in translation" so to speak. No French here. . .
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    TalonTedd said:

Porter air a backpack and the red eye back. Same with Ottawa.

Nice I'll be on that flight from TO on May 5th
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    abducted from the st.abducted from the st. Southern Maine Posts: 20
    hsohi said:

I am staying there also. Wife has never been to Quebec City before so I think she will like it.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I also ended up with a great deal thru my wife's work. We both have never been to Quebec City and with her not being too much into PJ we ended up making it a mini vacation in Quebec City.

It's an iconic hotel and have seen pictures of it since I was a kid growing up in Ontario.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    abducted from the st.abducted from the st. Southern Maine Posts: 20
    Yeah it looks nice - staying Thu/Fri night. Been to QC a few times (many years ago) but never stayed there. I had reserved another place before the lottery in case I got tickets because the Frontenac reservations I was looking at could not be cancelled. Glad it all worked out.
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    sarnocm said:

Staying at the Auberge Saint-Antoine. Great rate with the current exchange rate.

You will not be disappointed....We are also staying there, and have stayed there every year for 5 years...Make a reservation at the restaurant, its fills quick
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Still seats available for this one
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    rattzey said:

Hi all, Thanks for all the PM's , I have responded to them all. The ticket has been sold ti the first person that PM'd me.

Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    satansbed94satansbed94 Montreal Posts: 349
    Looking for a pair. Please help!
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I'm coming from Denver. I will have a spare reserved, hoping to trade for Toronto #1.
  • Options
    I have some extra tickets close to the stage on the side. 217. PM if interested
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Getting pumped for this show. Will be travelling from central Maine with another longtime PJ buddy and not planning any other special vacationing around the trip this time. That'll happen later when I hope to take the whole family this summer. For this trip, I just want to find a place that's close enough to the venue (within reasonable stumbling range) and maybe a place to grab a few beers before the show. The Best Western looks like it'll do.
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    Fixer13 said:

Getting pumped for this show. Will be travelling from central Maine with another longtime PJ buddy and not planning any other special vacationing around the trip this time. That'll happen later when I hope to take the whole family this summer. For this trip, I just want to find a place that's close enough to the venue (within reasonable stumbling range) and maybe a place to grab a few beers before the show. The Best Western looks like it'll do.

Hotel Pur is better than Best Western imho. Just across the street.
  • Options
    we're gonna have a 360 degree stage. And just so you know, the videotron center is brand new. Open since sept 2015!!!