Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Ray J. T. said:

mschostok said:

Definitely don't wanna over-hype the Wrigley shows but I think they're going to be awesome!

Same here, I think they are going to be fucking epic. This entire tour has been amazing with each show better than the last. Cant wait to see what they pull out in Wrigley to close it out.
    Yeah, over-hyping something is a sure fire recipe for disappointment. Would love to hear Vitalogy though.... If not, whatever. Lucky to see the band again!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    mattcoz said:

mattcoz said:

Pequods is awesome not a long cab/uber from wrigley

Honestly, I don't get the love for Pequod's. I wouldn't even call it deep dish. It's just really thick pan pizza with a caramelized cheese crust. Closer to Detroit style than to the Chicago style deep dish you get at Lou's or Gino's. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but a little too bready for my taste.
    Sure Pequod's isnt for everyone, but I have no clue how this is NOT considered Deep Dish. It most certainly is and I don't think it's even up for debate.
    I'm far from alone in this thinking. It has nothing to do with quality, it's just a different type of pizza. I think some people just use "deep dish" as a catch all term for all of Chicago's thick pizza styles, when the reality is much more nuanced.

Deep dish: Lou's, Gino's, etc.
    Stuffed: Giordano's, Bacino's, etc
    Pan: Pequod's, Burt's, etc
    Deepdish is for tourists, according to Chicago people I've talked to. Thin crust is where it's at. If you have time, go to Piece (it's a hike from Wrigley, though).
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    kramer73 said:

mattcoz said:

mattcoz said:

Honestly, I don't get the love for Pequod's. I wouldn't even call it deep dish. It's just really thick pan pizza with a caramelized cheese crust. Closer to Detroit style than to the Chicago style deep dish you get at Lou's or Gino's. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but a little too bready for my taste.
    Sure Pequod's isnt for everyone, but I have no clue how this is NOT considered Deep Dish. It most certainly is and I don't think it's even up for debate.
    I'm far from alone in this thinking. It has nothing to do with quality, it's just a different type of pizza. I think some people just use "deep dish" as a catch all term for all of Chicago's thick pizza styles, when the reality is much more nuanced.

Deepdish is for tourists, according to Chicago people I've talked to. Thin crust is where it's at. If you have time, go to Piece (it's a hike from Wrigley, though).
    I'm from Chicago and Deep Dish is my favorite meal ever...but I do love me some thin crust. Try them both!!!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    kramer73 said:

mattcoz said:

mattcoz said:

Yeah. So much good thin crust in Chicago. A deep dish pizza from Lou's is great, but I can only eat that every 2-3 months. Thin crust is where it's at.
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    I smell a cheap trick cover....maybe even urge overkill....
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    Anyone familiar with Wrigley know if the park would have an issue with me bringing a small gas grill to make delicious meats while waiting in the GA line?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    edited August 2016

kramer73 said:

mattcoz said:

mattcoz said:

Yeah. So much good thin crust in Chicago. A deep dish pizza from Lou's is great, but I can only eat that every 2-3 months. Thin crust is where it's at.
    I actually found that the hot dogs were more impressive than the pizza in Chicago. Pizza is everywhere. You can find pizza just as good as the pizza found in Chicago in practically every city in North America if you seek it out. But you don't see really good hot dog joints all over the place in most other cities, and you don't get them with really good pickles like you find in Chicago. Generally you just see the little carts that are nothing special and mostly just there for drunk people coming out of the bars, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo IMG_9419_zps7r5tusct.jpg
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 279
    Kuma's Corner is the place to go. or Kuma's Too. HUGE burgers named after metal bands, craft beer, homemade mac n cheese. The place is off the charts good! Long lines though, might want to wait until Sunday to go so you have time.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985

Anyone familiar with Wrigley know if the park would have an issue with me bringing a small gas grill to make delicious meats while waiting in the GA line?

Sort of depends. Certain vendors with licenses will get very territorial. But if you're not selling, there's generally no problem. I remember selling a couple of Cubs tickets outside the park when my buddies couldn't make it one year and nearly getting beaten up by the guys that run the scalping joint right as you come off the L at Addison. I highly doubt Wrigley will have vendors outside at that point. If I see you out there, I'll stop by and trade you a beer for delicious meat if you're cool with that.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Anyone know the best spot for some bone marrow?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,661
    Just did steak at Gibson's followed the next night by Ditka's for a soup & burger.

Stomach was happy. Wallet was not.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I booked the Days Inn based on recommendations in this thread. So it's for sure safe to walk to Wrigley from there? I'm a female going by myself so a little concerned but not enough to not go!
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I have an extra pair for Monday night's Wrigley show.

PM me if interested
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    we got a Double Tree in Skokie, which is nice because we're going to six flags on the day off.

I don't mind that it'll take time to get to and from the shows, I actually kinda like it. Gives you time for the buzz to wear off so when you get to your room your can go to sleep.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Good evening. I had won my Wrigley tickets, everything was set. I can almost see myself on the field with my hands high up in the chicago air as Ed opens the show. Sadly, heartbreakingly due to unforeseen events, I will not be able to make the chicago concert 100%. I do not live in chicago anymore and had to move back to LA for 2016-2017,... So I ask all you fine folks, Will there be another Wrigley? If plans go well, I move back to chicago the following year ...but the question remains.. will there be another Wrigley in the next 4-5 years ...perhaps the dream was to big!
    -v
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,352

Good evening. I had won my Wrigley tickets, everything was set. I can almost see myself on the field with my hands high up in the chicago air as Ed opens the show. Sadly, heartbreakingly due to unforeseen events, I will not be able to make the chicago concert 100%. I do not live in chicago anymore and had to move back to LA for 2016-2017,... So I ask all you fine folks, Will there be another Wrigley? If plans go well, I move back to chicago the following year ...but the question remains.. will there be another Wrigley in the next 4-5 years ...perhaps the dream was to big!
    -v

PM sent

2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    I won't be there but my guesses for wrigley:

Starangest tribe and angel (just like Fenway)
    Fatal
    Of the earth
    An album in its entirety
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    Gtilley8 said:

Sort of depends. Certain vendors with licenses will get very territorial. But if you're not selling, there's generally no problem. I remember selling a couple of Cubs tickets outside the park when my buddies couldn't make it one year and nearly getting beaten up by the guys that run the scalping joint right as you come off the L at Addison. I highly doubt Wrigley will have vendors outside at that point. If I see you out there, I'll stop by and trade you a beer for delicious meat if you're cool with that.

Absolutely!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459

Fatal
    Of the earth
    An album in its entirety

riot act full
    fatal
    dirty frank
    just a girl
    parachutes
    bugs
    force of nature
    around the bend
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 595
    Da kid wasn't at Fenway but doing Wrigley again hoping to hear Angel,Of the Earth,Ghost(da kids white whale)Strangest tribe.Maybe his fav 2 songs as well Present Tense,and Breath.See you suckers in 2 weeks
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733

I booked the Days Inn based on recommendations in this thread. So it's for sure safe to walk to Wrigley from there? I'm a female going by myself so a little concerned but not enough to not go!

My groupt did the Days Inn i 2013 (and booked again this year).. you will be in good company, especially after the show. during the day, when you walk, it's a decent walk. Stuff on every block.. shops, bars, etc. After the show, unless if maybe you go to bar for afterparty, you'll be within the crowd of people walking back to the Days Inn or other places in that direction. The street is well lit and it's a straight shot.

See ya there!
  • Options
    Anyone go through Priceline name your own price for the weekend? I remember back in 2009 (wow 7 years already) someone posted an insane deal for a couple nights in downtown Chicago.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,946

Fatal
    Of the earth
    An album in its entirety

riot act full
    fatal
    dirty frank
    just a girl
    parachutes
    bugs
    force of nature
    around the bend
    Getting rare songs is great and all, but 80% of the crowd won't know these songs!! Don't get me wrong, hearing Strangest Tribe, Angel, Patriot, All Those Yesterdays, ect over the weekend was great. But the singalongs for Alive, Jeremy, Betterman, Porch, and the other classics really brought the house down.

Either way, it'll be two legendary shows and I'm excited to watch/follow. Hope the weather holds up this time for you folks.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

Anyone go through Priceline name your own price for the weekend? I remember back in 2009 (wow 7 years already) someone posted an insane deal for a couple nights in downtown Chicago.

I love your forum name! Im from Columbus :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876

Hope the weather holds up this time for you folks.

^^ +1,000 ^^
    Eleven days out forecast: 50% chance of rain on Sat; 20% on Mon
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    edited August 2016

Fatal
    Of the earth
    An album in its entirety

riot act full
    fatal
    dirty frank
    just a girl
    parachutes
    bugs
    force of nature
    around the bend
    Dirty Frank - Really hoping for this one and realistically, they could do a really cool jam around that. Would love Riot Act, or Vitology if they decide to go the full album route. It would make for one happy fuckin ghost.

I'm also hoping they pull out a surprise guest appearance of Uncle Neil for some I Got Id. He doesn't appear to be on tour yet at that point.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Tweedy, you should be fine walking from Days INN. Just stay on the main streets..clark...Lots of people around..
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439

You will be fine. You will be walking through Wrigleyville and boystown. Both safe neighborhoods.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    edited August 2016

Fatal
    Of the earth
    An album in its entirety

riot act full
    fatal
    dirty frank
    just a girl
    parachutes
    bugs
    force of nature
    around the bend
    Getting rare songs is great and all, but 80% of the crowd won't know these songs!! Don't get me wrong, hearing Strangest Tribe, Angel, Patriot, All Those Yesterdays, ect over the weekend was great. But the singalongs for Alive, Jeremy, Betterman, Porch, and the other classics really brought the house down.

Either way, it'll be two legendary shows and I'm excited to watch/follow. Hope the weather holds up this time for you folks.
    weather??
    1st time i visit chicago,,was for pj20,.disaster..storm and rain and mud at alpine everywhere..
    2nd time,,wrigley 13...storm,delay show,band played till 2 am
    3rd time,wriglewy1-2 ,2016..yeah right..i expect hail or snow !!!!hahahahaa
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”