Options

Wrigley 2016

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Cubu said:

Curfew is 11:00pm. They received special permission to extend it in 2013, due to the storms and lengthy delay.

What's the penalty for breaking curfew? In Vancouver they have an 11:00pm curfew but Pearl Jam broke it during the last tour. I assumed the simply paid a fine and went about their business. I thought it was pretty cool.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Pequods is awesome not a long cab/uber from wrigley
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181

Honestly, I don't get the love for Pequod's. I wouldn't even call it deep dish. It's just really thick pan pizza with a caramelized cheese crust. Closer to Detroit style than to the Chicago style deep dish you get at Lou's or Gino's. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but a little too bready for my taste.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

ehbacon said:

there was a deep dish pizza place near Wrigleyville that I went to last year at a Phillies @ Cubs game, something like "Hobos" lol. Can't find it on google maps, can anyone help me here?

DiMos? Bacinos? Giordanos?

Been to Giordanos a few times and I liked it.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    For anyone staying at the Days Inn on Clark, go about 2 more blocks south on clark and try the weiner circle. Great hotdogs and a great experience as well.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc said:

For anyone staying at the Days Inn on Clark, go about 2 more blocks south on clark and try the weiner circle. Great hotdogs and a great experience as well.

Good dogs? YES!!
    Good experience? Hahaha
    Cant wait to hear some of the "Out Of Towners" reviews, on their experience.
    Hahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    The Wiener Circle should be stricken from the record.
  • Options

pureoc said:

Good dogs? YES!!
    Good experience? Hahaha
    Hahahaha
    Ha. My in laws live right around the corner, convenient place for me to stay for the show. Was just down there this past weekend and got a dog fri night and was served by a caucasian man, wtf?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    Zod said:

Cubu said:

Curfew is 11:00pm. They received special permission to extend it in 2013, due to the storms and lengthy delay.

What's the penalty for breaking curfew? In Vancouver they have an 11:00pm curfew but Pearl Jam broke it during the last tour. I assumed the simply paid a fine and went about their business. I thought it was pretty cool.
    I doubt they'd get penalized at Wrigley just because of Eddie's relationship with the Cubs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Booked hotel downtown from Saturday for 5 nights.Going to Monday show.Any tourist tips? Hopefully Niagra after for a couple of days. Then NYC. I know where i want to go there.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Cubu said:

I doubt they'd get penalized at Wrigley just because of Eddie's relationship with the Cubs.
    It's more about the city than the Cubs. In fact, the Cubs themselves have tried to expand the time limits on their ongoing Wrigley Field construction and the city told them no.
  • Options
    Reserved Tix for night 1. Member #105XXX. Never been to chicago before. Super excited!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Zod said:

Cubu said:

Yeah it isn't the Cubs they have to worry about. Chicago is broke and will take any opportunity possible to bring in some revenue.
  • Options

pureoc said:

Good dogs? YES!!
    Good experience? Hahaha
    Hahahaha
    that place cracks me up. Walked in with some Asian friends and the staff started yelling - "we ain"t go no fwied wrice!" They forgot a friends ketchup so she went back up to get it and man they laid into her. All fun though. You have to take it for what it is there. More for an experience then for the food. But, good drunk fod. Funny place for a hot dog. Love and miss CHI town! Go Hawks! Do not go if you easily offended.

• Options
    I put in for both nights thinking I didn't have much of a chance and wouldn't ya know it I won for both nights. I have 2 reserved seats for Mon night that I need to try to unload somehow. I'm not from Chicago and I can't take Mon/Tues off from work. 10C already said I'm stuck with them. If anyone knows of any options please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    mattcoz said:

Honestly, I don't get the love for Pequod's. I wouldn't even call it deep dish. It's just really thick pan pizza with a caramelized cheese crust. Closer to Detroit style than to the Chicago style deep dish you get at Lou's or Gino's. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but a little too bready for my taste.
    Sure Pequod's isnt for everyone, but I have no clue how this is NOT considered Deep Dish. It most certainly is and I don't think it's even up for debate.

For the record, Pequod's is my favorite Deep Dish (luckily I live walking distance!), but the lines have gotten ridiculous now that you can't call ahead. I suggest not going on a weekend, the wait will be up to 2 hours, and I am not sure any pizza is worth that :open_mouth:
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Wonder if he's thinking of Casy Moran's the bar?
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Weiner Circle is all about the insults. Can't take it personally. The Alderman in the ward Tunney has tried to stop concerts in the past there. Ricketts got his way. Unfortunately, it's a hard curfew since the neighborhood will whine if they go past 11:00pm. The 2013 is show is the only time I have ever heard them going past curfew and that was a special deal due to the storms. City didn't want to refund the money, since a country dude was playing the next night and PJ couldn't reschedule.
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    edited February 2016

mattcoz said:

Sure Pequod's isnt for everyone, but I have no clue how this is NOT considered Deep Dish. It most certainly is and I don't think it's even up for debate.
    I'm far from alone in this thinking. It has nothing to do with quality, it's just a different type of pizza. I think some people just use "deep dish" as a catch all term for all of Chicago's thick pizza styles, when the reality is much more nuanced.

Deep dish: Lou's, Gino's, etc.
    Stuffed: Giordano's, Bacino's, etc
    Pan: Pequod's, Burt's, etc
  • Options
    Cubu said:

Weiner Circle is all about the insults. Can't take it personally. The Alderman in the ward Tunney has tried to stop concerts in the past there. Ricketts got his way. Unfortunately, it's a hard curfew since the neighborhood will whine if they go past 11:00pm. The 2013 is show is the only time I have ever heard them going past curfew and that was a special deal due to the storms. City didn't want to refund the money, since a country dude was playing the next night and PJ couldn't reschedule.

Tunney is a whiny baby as well as the residents. The ballpark is 100+ yrs old and has been there longer then any of the residents. They knew what they were in for moving there. The majority of them did FOR the park. I have zero sympathy for their complaining. Dont like it, move!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

there was a deep dish pizza place near Wrigleyville that I went to last year at a Phillies @ Cubs game, something like "Hobos" lol. Can't find it on google maps, can anyone help me here?

DiMos? Bacinos? Giordanos?

don't think so, there might have been an old woman on the sign but it was too long ago to remember for sure...
    Actually it was a guy with a beard on the sign. He was wearing a crown.
    You were at Burger King.
    And that wasn't deep dish pizza, that was a Whopper.

Hahahaha
    :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    I got a Live Nation email about Wrigley tickets going on sale tomorrow....directs me to the cubs.com site

weird
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 506
    Totally can't wait for these shows!!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Last week it hit me how soon these shows are! Getting excited!
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 279

I'm excited - you excited?

SIKED
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 506
    SO CAN"T WAIT!!!!! :rock_on::rock_on:
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Pearl Jam at the home of my favorite team. Celebrating PJ25 in the 25th year of Cubs fandom for me. This year has been special so far. These shows are only going to make it even better.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,509
    bflynn1 said:

Pearl Jam at the home of my favorite team. Celebrating PJ25 in the 25th year of Cubs fandom for me. This year has been special so far. These shows are only going to make it even better.

Yessss!!! Go Cubs Go! 40 year fan from So Cal here! Any chance I have to be at Wrigley I take!!
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Definitely don't wanna over-hype the Wrigley shows but I think they're going to be awesome!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,926
    mschostok said:

Definitely don't wanna over-hype the Wrigley shows but I think they're going to be awesome!

Same here, I think they are going to be fucking epic. This entire tour has been amazing with each show better than the last. Cant wait to see what they pull out in Wrigley to close it out.