Options

2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

Pretty interesting that these are all billed as "An Evening with Pearl Jam". No opener, again!

Pretty interesting that these are all billed as "An Evening with Pearl Jam". No opener, again!

Hey can you help me out with this? Where did you see this? I can't find it looking through the usual channels

Thanks
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    TalonTedd said:

TalonTedd said:

How does trading work. For instance, if I get two shows in Florida and find someone to trade their Toronto GA, does the fan club help facilitate?

They will not allow that. You have to be there in person to pick up your tickets prior to the show. I suppose if you actually went to the show and got the tickets for the person, you could do that, but they will not let you do a switch.
    Are you for sure? Previously I saw some posts where it appeared that sort of thing was facilitated, but I didn't pay them close attention. Are you for sure and will other chime in on this please.
    Yes and I am sure because I won the Seattle tickets in 2013 and my wife was pregnant and advised not to fly from ny to seattle. I got one response and many ignores emails from the tenclub. The told I couldnt do anything with the tickets. I couldnt sell them, trade them or anything. I needed to pick them up in Seattle or basically all my money goes down the train. Though they said could upgrade some kids seat with my permission... wtf no thanks I thought when we buy something we now own it. Evidently not when we buy ten club tickets
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

TalonTedd said:

TalonTedd said:

How does trading work. For instance, if I get two shows in Florida and find someone to trade their Toronto GA, does the fan club help facilitate?

They will not allow that. You have to be there in person to pick up your tickets prior to the show. I suppose if you actually went to the show and got the tickets for the person, you could do that, but they will not let you do a switch.
    Are you for sure? Previously I saw some posts where it appeared that sort of thing was facilitated, but I didn't pay them close attention. Are you for sure and will other chime in on this please.
    Yes and I am sure because I won the Seattle tickets in 2013 and my wife was pregnant and advised not to fly from ny to seattle. I got one response and many ignores emails from the tenclub. The told I couldnt do anything with the tickets. I couldnt sell them, trade them or anything. I needed to pick them up in Seattle or basically all my money goes down the train. Though they said could upgrade some kids seat with my permission... wtf no thanks I thought when we buy something we now own it. Evidently not when we buy ten club tickets
    It's all explained in the ticket policy...
    http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

DISTRIBUTION
    * Tickets will be distributed at the venue box office on the day of the show only. We will not mail your tickets in advance of the show. No exceptions.
    * Tickets are pre-determined so arriving at the box office early will not increase your chances of better seats.
    * You must show a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) to collect your tickets at the box office. No exceptions. It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    * The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets must be present to collect the tickets on the day of the show.
    No exceptions.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    nycrats said:

Hey can you help me out with this? Where did you see this? I can't find it looking through the usual channels

Thanks
    Yeah, neither can i.

I hope that's the case and there is no opener. "An Evening with Pearl Jam" sounds great to me(as i'm sure with most of us).
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Logistics, for me anyway may cost me a show. Was looking at the Greenville, SC, Hampton, VA., Raleigh, NC., Columbia, SC. run of shows. But, bouncing back-and-forth between Greenville, SC & then back down to Columbia, SC doesn't make sense to me(yeah, i get it, maybe it has something to do with arena available ,etc). By my calculations i would drive over 36 hours and 2,167 miles. But, if i start with Hampton, VA and work my way down to Raleigh, NC & then Columbia, SC it will be about 21 hours of driving and about 1,352 miles. So, driving a extra 15 hours & an additional 815 miles worth ONE more show?
  • Options
    derbydave said:

TalonTedd said:

TalonTedd said:

It's all explained in the ticket policy...
    http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

DISTRIBUTION
    * Tickets will be distributed at the venue box office on the day of the show only. We will not mail your tickets in advance of the show. No exceptions.
    * Tickets are pre-determined so arriving at the box office early will not increase your chances of better seats.
    * You must show a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) to collect your tickets at the box office. No exceptions. It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    * The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets must be present to collect the tickets on the day of the show.
    No exceptions.

Yeah that's the dumb ass no exceptions rule yeah
  • Options
    purplecowpurplecow Posts: 101
    Hopefully there will be another leg in the fall, as none of these dates work for me. April is kind of short notice to travel to a show.

Houston needs a show!!
  • Options
    Heard an interesting rumor regarding this 2016 tour: The final listed show for this tour will put the band at 999 total shows and that show #1,000 will be at The Gorge in Aug/Sept. That would be incredible if true.
  • Options
    WEST COAST WAITS PATIENTLY. Sorta. Kinda. yikes
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • Options
    Deadhead33Deadhead33 Ontario Canada Posts: 5
    Can't wait for Ottawa and Toronto shows !! wife says I can't go to bonaroo
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    About time. Gonna be a busy and expensive year for me.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    scorpio2k said:

WEST COAST WAITS PATIENTLY. Sorta. Kinda. yikes

It would be nice to know. I will be in Seattel/Portland in June.

Travelling from Asia ain't cheap.
  • Options
    FANnCAFANnCA Posts: 107
    No Oct 22 show yet. 25 anniversary. My guess Seattle or new Vegas arena. With some West Coast shows mixed in.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    MUZIK said:

MUZIK said:

a lot of new yorkers are not going to be happy.

be prepared 10club

And all europeans are not happy and all australians as well..but its how it is..
    There are public sales as well for garden ..10c sale isnt the end of the world
    so your comparing two continents to new york?

so u compare 2 continents with one city?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

TL61540 said:

What? No Montreal again!! Burn.

try living in Winnipeg. LOL

Try live in greece!!
    Try living in Asia with a trip planned to West Coast in June.....these dates make me sad
    oh yeah..i feel for you!!im sorry
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    im calling it now
    Raleigh and quebec will be the best shows of tour!
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 592

im calling it now
    Raleigh and quebec will be the best shows of tour!

was thinking same for quebec. Could work a trip for work into that show, but thinking a west coast 25 year anniversary thing is happening. Much easier travel for me
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    FANnCA said:

No Oct 22 show yet. 25 anniversary. My guess Seattle or new Vegas arena. With some West Coast shows mixed in.

Oct. 22, 2016 will be their 26th Anniversary... just sayin
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    evsgjamm said:

and everything is back to normal again.

lol
    no thanks
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Will they let me bring my walker into the Florida shows?
  • Options
    Will there be a second Toronto show when the first one is sold out?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    The worst part about this is that everyone will want to go to the Fenway shows so us Bostonians that have seen every Boston show since the Orpheum may have problem getting seats.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    ski-bum said:

The worst part about this is that everyone will want to go to the Fenway shows so us Bostonians that have seen every Boston show since the Orpheum may have problem getting seats.

poor guy
  • Options
    JmeiiiJmeiii Posts: 99
    jonsey30 said:

Jmeiii said:

I am a little bit worried about tickets for the Fenway show (or Wrigley, for that matter) are going to be handled. I am thinking that 10c members will have no advantage. I hope I'm wrong.

Well if you want GA, those will only be for 10C members, I believe. So there's one advantage. Also, I believe the 10C reserved were in good lower bowl sections last time, and field. I heard anything in upper sections was bad sound. I was on the field, and it sounded great
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. That sounds encouraging. I'm looking forward to it, no matter what. It will be my first show.
    Fenway Park: 8/7/2016
    Fenway Park: 9/2/2018
    Fenway Park: 9/4/2018
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    estarr31 said:

Long gap between Bonnaroo and Boston. I wonder if they'll add more dates with a February lottery as well *cough* Columbus, OH *cough*

They need to finish that album
    Good point...I'd like one of those.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    This is a shit lottery system.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026

estarr31 said:

Long gap between Bonnaroo and Boston. I wonder if they'll add more dates with a February lottery as well *cough* Columbus, OH *cough*

They need to finish that album
    Good point...I'd like one of those.
    Maybe they should actually start it first.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
This discussion has been closed.