Options

2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• Options

At least 80 bucks a ticket for these shows?
    That's absolutely ridiculous.
    This is why I pay for a fan club membership?
    So I can overpay for tickets (and can only get 2, because ya know, I have to choose which of my two sons gets to go along) and stand in line for a poster, only to be told they just sold out because the jackasses in front of me all bought more than one.

And let's not forget every new item put up on the Goods section is sold out within seconds, and then miraculously shows up on Ebay at 5,000% markup.
    Just like the vinyl versions of all the albums. You'd think if a band's albums were that highly sought after, and being sold on Ebay for HUNDREDS of $$$, they might oh I don't know, PRINT AND SELL MORE COPIES!

I think it's time to leave this band in my rearview mirror.

They seem to have become the very thing they used to hate.

$80 is cheap. WTF are you talking about?

And if you want a poster... get there earlier. Not everyone purchasing them is out to flip them. You're asking them to print more... but have you been to the goods page- there are plenty of posters they printed 'more of' that are sitting there in some warehouse.

The new backpack is sitting there too- sooooo... not every item sells out as you suggest. Give them a break, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 200
    PJNB said:

MayDay10 said:

So if a show is <99%... then there is no way to get that as a second choice?

So if my list is:
    1. Asstown 36%
    2. Fuckland 78%
    3. Shittsburgh 67%

then Fuckland and Shittsburgh are both a waste of time to put on there?

Is that right? Having a % <99% means that for people's 1st choices, it will be tapped, right?</p>

I do not think so because of peoples 2nd and 3rd choices are changing that percentage as well. Maybe someone else can explain it with more experience.

Pretty sure the odds apply to every entry, not just the first rounds.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,126

So I can overpay for tickets (and can only get 2, because ya know, I have to choose which of my two sons gets to go along) and stand in line for a poster, only to be told they just sold out because the jackasses in front of me all bought more than one.

And let's not forget every new item put up on the Goods section is sold out within seconds, and then miraculously shows up on Ebay at 5,000% markup.
    Just like the vinyl versions of all the albums. You'd think if a band's albums were that highly sought after, and being sold on Ebay for HUNDREDS of $$$, they might oh I don't know, PRINT AND SELL MORE COPIES!

$80 is the best ticket price around for a band of their magnitude. Especially for the live shows they put on every time they step on stage. The merch stuff has multiple threads to argue over. But the ticket prices? Come on man. Very reasonable.
  • Options
    Question about 10c ticket access - if there is a West Coast leg announced will it do any good for a friend to join 10c now? Or would you have to have already joined by the announcement yesterday?
  • Options

$80 is the best ticket price around for a band of their magnitude. Especially for the live shows they put on every time they step on stage. The merch stuff has multiple threads to argue over. But the ticket prices? Come on man. Very reasonable.
    :clap:
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835

Wow...having a bad day?
    I think the band has stayed as true to there values as could ever possible be expected of them. This society we all operate in breeds greed. Really don't see that from PJ. I think they not only give their fans the best value in Rock entertainment and the Merch; but they are also employing a lot of people both in their organization and the venues citizens.
    Also believe $2 from each ticket is donated to the Vitalogy foundation.
    Not to mention, in my view, all the Merch, Deep mag, otherwise swell stuff they send out to the members....really appears to be a great value for the membership fee alone.
    So, rock on PJ and thanks for not gouging us, your fans and for also treating us with the utmost respect.
    All though, I do here you on the which son dilemma. Except mine is son, wife, best bud or....Boss, damn capitalism!
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,237
    edited January 2016
    weinerdog said:

Question about 10c ticket access - if there is a West Coast leg announced will it do any good for a friend to join 10c now? Or would you have to have already joined by the announcement yesterday?

Seeing that no West Coast dates have been announced in yesterday's announcement then yes, they are eligible for any future shows if they join now.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,933

$80 is cheap. WTF are you talking about?
    Yep Bruce and NY are twice that
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    can anyone suggest to me a good "off the beaten path" sour mash or bourbon distillery within a "stone's" throw of Lexington? Something in the vein of Popcorn Sutton's famous mountain dew rotgut. Thanks!

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    derbydave said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

derbydave said:

joe159 said:

Need some friendly advice, Lexington is 5 hours from me and Chicago is 3. not sure if I should get in Lexington drawing or holdout for Chicago drawing? Would rather do both Wrigley shows because I could make a mini vacation out of it but I assume the odds will be better for Lexington 10c tickets.

I'd do BOTH!!! :rock_on:

agreed!

Derbydave, how did we not meet in Missoula
    Sorry I missed you buddy!!
    We started the morning off by doing the tour at Big Sky Brewery:

Had brunch (and the Bloody Mary bar) at Tamarack in downtown Missoula

and then we were tailgating in the parking lot most of the day!!

What a FUN SHOW!!

i was going to go to that, but ran into other people that morning, and showed them around the ZOO

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Dude, $80 a ticket in 2016 is cheap as hell....if you are looking to spend $20 a ticket like I did back in 1998 you're delusional....have you seen what other bands are charging nowadays and for less quality???

I don't collect posters so my opinion is biased and if I get a shirt at a show, I do if not I don't come to the forum to cry about it...ill be honest the merch lines are terrible and some grown ass adults act like children when it comes to this stuff but no one is saying you have to be a part of it all

Pearl Jam items are a hot commodity...it is what it is

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761

can anyone suggest to me a good "off the beaten path" sour mash or bourbon distillery within a "stone's" throw of Lexington? Something in the vein of Popcorn Sutton's famous mountain dew rotgut. Thanks!

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14

I haven't been there personally, but my brother's favorite distillery to tour is Wild Turkey

Woodford Reserve is very nice and close to Lexington.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    MayDay10 said:

So if my list is:
    1. Asstown 36%
    2. Fuckland 78%
    3. Shittsburgh 67%

Is that right? Having a % <99% means that for people's 1st choices, it will be tapped, right?</p>

I think you have it backwards. The higher the %, the better your chances are. The popular shows and GA tickets have lower odds because more people entered those. It would be a good strategy to put a lower % first and then a higher % as second choice.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    ally12 said:

RP112579 said:

ally12 said:

I am a little confused, I have read everything so far. My understanding is this.. We enter in the draw this week and it ends on monday jan.25. But we won't be told if we were selected to participate until February? What if we don't get selected? do we take the chance ?

You'll know by next Tuesday or Wednesday if you won tickets in the lottery, before the public on sale
    Thanks! T
    ditto. thanks.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    jonsey30 said:

MayDay10 said:

So if my list is:
    1. Asstown 36%
    2. Fuckland 78%
    3. Shittsburgh 67%

I think you have it backwards. The higher the %, the better your chances are. The popular shows and GA tickets have lower odds because more people entered those. It would be a good strategy to put a lower % first and then a higher % as second choice.
    Or are you saying that if a show is not at 100% odds, then they will all be taken up in the first round? I don't think that is the case either, because a lot of people win their second and even third choices, and nothing will be above 99% when it all goes down next week
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    I definitely wouldn't count on anything beyond your first choice though. Even that is a crap shoot. Luckily I have to go for reserved for my short wife, so my first choice has good odds.
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    jonsey30 said:

jonsey30 said:

MayDay10 said:

So if my list is:
    1. Asstown 36%
    2. Fuckland 78%
    3. Shittsburgh 67%

Or are you saying that if a show is not at 100% odds, then they will all be taken up in the first round? I don't think that is the case either, because a lot of people win their second and even third choices, and nothing will be above 99% when it all goes down next week
    Yeah, basically that is what I am getting at.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    know1 said:

I keep hoping my 256xxx number will eventually get me closer. If anything, it seemed like I kept getting farther away until the last few years. Last concert (2013) were the closest seats that I believe I've had. Hopefully, I'll be even a bit closer this time. 14 years of renewing without letting it lapse ought to get me something.

same here.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

derbydave said:

TalonTedd said:

TalonTedd said:

How does trading work. For instance, if I get two shows in Florida and find someone to trade their Toronto GA, does the fan club help facilitate?

They will not allow that. You have to be there in person to pick up your tickets prior to the show. I suppose if you actually went to the show and got the tickets for the person, you could do that, but they will not let you do a switch.
    Are you for sure? Previously I saw some posts where it appeared that sort of thing was facilitated, but I didn't pay them close attention. Are you for sure and will other chime in on this please.
    Yes and I am sure because I won the Seattle tickets in 2013 and my wife was pregnant and advised not to fly from ny to seattle. I got one response and many ignores emails from the tenclub. The told I couldnt do anything with the tickets. I couldnt sell them, trade them or anything. I needed to pick them up in Seattle or basically all my money goes down the train. Though they said could upgrade some kids seat with my permission... wtf no thanks I thought when we buy something we now own it. Evidently not when we buy ten club tickets
    It's all explained in the ticket policy...
    http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

DISTRIBUTION
    * Tickets will be distributed at the venue box office on the day of the show only. We will not mail your tickets in advance of the show. No exceptions.
    * Tickets are pre-determined so arriving at the box office early will not increase your chances of better seats.
    * You must show a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) to collect your tickets at the box office. No exceptions. It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    * The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets must be present to collect the tickets on the day of the show.
    No exceptions.

Yeah that's the dumb ass no exceptions rule yeah
    Its not a dumb rule at all. Keeps a lot of fucking assholes from joining the 10c just to get tickets and then flip them for profit.

(which sucks for honest people that just wanna trade or end up not being able to go and wanna sell for face value. Its all the assholes in the world that helped the rule come about. I'll take it over people profiting off 10c tickets)
    What does suck is what you put in parenthesis. Their policy makes sense on the whole, but would be a whole lot better if it also included compassion and common sense, which is unfortunately lacking in the 10c. I had to eat my tickets to Seattle 2013 because I ended up in the hospital in surgery that morning. I provided a friend (and 10c member) a copy of my drivers license, a copy of my order confirmation, and a note asking them to release my tickets to him so that he could give them to someone. No go. Those tickets went unused. Really fucking stupid, and lacking on so many levels.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

derbydave said:

TalonTedd said:

TalonTedd said:

How does trading work. For instance, if I get two shows in Florida and find someone to trade their Toronto GA, does the fan club help facilitate?

They will not allow that. You have to be there in person to pick up your tickets prior to the show. I suppose if you actually went to the show and got the tickets for the person, you could do that, but they will not let you do a switch.
    Are you for sure? Previously I saw some posts where it appeared that sort of thing was facilitated, but I didn't pay them close attention. Are you for sure and will other chime in on this please.
    Yes and I am sure because I won the Seattle tickets in 2013 and my wife was pregnant and advised not to fly from ny to seattle. I got one response and many ignores emails from the tenclub. The told I couldnt do anything with the tickets. I couldnt sell them, trade them or anything. I needed to pick them up in Seattle or basically all my money goes down the train. Though they said could upgrade some kids seat with my permission... wtf no thanks I thought when we buy something we now own it. Evidently not when we buy ten club tickets
    It's all explained in the ticket policy...
    http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets

DISTRIBUTION
    * Tickets will be distributed at the venue box office on the day of the show only. We will not mail your tickets in advance of the show. No exceptions.
    * Tickets are pre-determined so arriving at the box office early will not increase your chances of better seats.
    * You must show a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) to collect your tickets at the box office. No exceptions. It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    * The Ten Club member whose account was used to purchase the tickets must be present to collect the tickets on the day of the show.
    No exceptions.

Yeah that's the dumb ass no exceptions rule yeah
    Its not a dumb rule at all. Keeps a lot of fucking assholes from joining the 10c just to get tickets and then flip them for profit.

(which sucks for honest people that just wanna trade or end up not being able to go and wanna sell for face value. Its all the assholes in the world that helped the rule come about. I'll take it over people profiting off 10c tickets)
    What does suck is what you put in parenthesis. Their policy makes sense on the whole, but would be a whole lot better if it also included compassion and common sense, which is unfortunately lacking in the 10c. I had to eat my tickets to Seattle 2013 because I ended up in the hospital in surgery that morning. I provided a friend (and 10c member) a copy of my drivers license, a copy of my order confirmation, and a note asking them to release my tickets to him so that he could give them to someone. No go. Those tickets went unused. Really fucking stupid, and lacking on so many levels.
    I would be nice if they allowed like, one grace option per tour or something. Even if they'd only allow one refund, not giving the tix to someone else.
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    demetrios said:

Deegz said:

Glad to see a Toronto show!! Now let's see who the lucky ones are :D Are the reserved seats from 10c any better than what will be available from Ticketmaster? Past experiences anyone?

This will be the first Toronto show @ the ACC with GA & RS, I believe. 10club will have the best seats in the house. Better then Ticketmaster tickets.
    I was debating if better seats would be available from TM but Im gonna end up waiting for what happens with 10C. Happy 10c is making these tickets available for us.

Cheers
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    vest71 said:

Deegz said:

Glad to see a Toronto show!! Now let's see who the lucky ones are :D Are the reserved seats from 10c any better than what will be available from Ticketmaster? Past experiences anyone?

My past experiences is that the 10c seats is not that good ( but who cares ) and that is from Brooklyn shows 2013(both nights ), Newark 2010, Amsterdam 2012 ( night two ) and Philly 2013 i had floor tix and they weren't that good either ... but as I use to say once the band start playing everything disappears and you just scream , shout ( not singing ) and dance
    This is what worried me but it's no big deal. As long as I get in and enjoy the show I'll be happy!! Thanks for the feedback :D
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo xojpz_zpsyv7yyrba.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,933

photo xojpz_zpsyv7yyrba.jpg

If so announce it now so I can cancel 6 of my 7 planned shows :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    edited January 2016
    MayDay10 said:

jonsey30 said:

jonsey30 said:

MayDay10 said:

So if my list is:
    1. Asstown 36%
    2. Fuckland 78%
    3. Shittsburgh 67%

Yeah, basically that is what I am getting at.
    If I understand it correctly, the odds tool is almost meaningless. I've read the info and it doesn't mention the correlation between the odds and the number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. choices. Therefore, I would assume those odds take into account ALL of those choices for each one.

So, if you have that show as your first choice, I believe your odds are somewhat better than the number. If you have it as a 7th choice, your odds are likely worse.

I think if the odds for a show remain at 99%, you are guaranteed a ticket if you've selected it with any of your choices.

I believe all you really know is which shows are in higher demand overall.

Disclaimer - this is my assumption based on reading the info provided in the email announcement and may or may not be true.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353
    PJ_ROCKS said:

with all this chatter about other shows, no one has talked about all the time between Boston and Chicago. I understand the breaks, but a 13 day break seems odd

May 10 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    Jun 9-2 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo**
    Aug 5 Boston, MA Fenway Park***
    Aug 7 Boston, MA Fenway Park***
    Aug 20 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field***
    Aug 22 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field***

Someone that works at the Pittsburgh arena claims pj has a hold on August 13th. Said that about a month ago long before wrigley and Fenway were announced. I'm predicting 3 legs total. The other 2 to be announced in march after Wrigley and Fenway have sold. West dates after Bonnaroo through the 4th of July weekend. Then some dates between fenway and wrigley like DC Columbus Cleveland Pittsburgh Buffalo Detroit.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,995
    Enjoy the shows everyone! Rock out!

Pearl Jam..feel free to come to Australia anytime soon..
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    toronto GA now at 19% and dropping ... means they've sold 5 times the number of spaces allocated for GA ... just slightly worse than 1 in 5 now ...

clearly my warnings of arctic temperatures and impending gastro-intestinal hardship has not deterred anyone ... haha
  • Options
    New to requesting ADA seating and the email didn't specify much, but is emailing them just my membership#, name and what show I want enough? and does anyone know if they send back some sort of confirmation email that they got your request? (Saw and old thread here with a complaint that TC never got their ada request so never got entered, so just wondering)
This discussion has been closed.