Options

2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    They sure put a lot of emphasis on the words "North America" in the announcement.

Ten Club is excited to bring you the official Pearl Jam 2016 North American Tour Announcement. Pearl Jam will perform a series of North American concert dates between April and August of 2016.

Pearl Jam’s 2016 North American dates kick off in Fort Lauderdale on April 8th, include festival headlining slots at New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Bonnaroo and wrap in August with two nights each at historic baseball stadiums Fenway Park in Boston and Wrigley Field in Chicago (full list of tour dates below).

Pearl Jam 2016 North American Tour Dates

So is this it for North America? Will there be something else? Who knows...
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

suzie may thanks too, but literally the tc terms doesnt say anything about entering the regular GA :bee:

There is no "regular GA".....all GA is 10C GA.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    so, ticketmaster only will sell reserved seating????

so if i lose the lottery no GA for me?
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

suzie may thanks too, but literally the tc terms doesnt say anything about entering the regular GA :bee:

There is no regular GA. Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for the fan club pre-sale drawing
  • Options
    yessssss, so whay people bitching??
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Suziemay said:

There is no regular GA. Ten Club has acquired the entire GA pit for the fan club pre-sale drawing

i wonder if a venue has no set ADA seats in the pit, will 10C save some for wheelchairs?
    (seriously)

*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Just to clear it up for my own peace of mind:
    Let's say I'm planning to go to 2 shows. One has terrible odds for GA and OK odds for RESV... The other has good odds for GA and almost guaranteed odds for RESV.
    I have a 400X number. If my first pick is RESV for the "harder" show, will I get the best seats I possibly can? Or will 10C members with a lower number get better seats for that show, regardless of whether it was their first, second, or third pick?

Or to put it another way: What's the best use of that first pick? RESV for the "hard" show or GA for the "easy" show? Or could I possibly put in RESV for the "easy" show (almost guaranteed odds already) and get amazing seats, even with my 400X number?

I know some of this is unknown regardless, but you can understand my confusion. GA is GA regardless of your 10C number... You're either in or out, and it's all based on the draw and how many people chose that show as "first pick." RESV is based on your pick AND your 10C number, but I'm not sure how that ratio works....
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    rchallen said:

Just to clear it up for my own peace of mind:
    Let's say I'm planning to go to 2 shows. One has terrible odds for GA and OK odds for RESV... The other has good odds for GA and almost guaranteed odds for RESV.
    I have a 400X number. If my first pick is RESV for the "harder" show, will I get the best seats I possibly can? Or will 10C members with a lower number get better seats for that show, regardless of whether it was their first, second, or third pick?

Or to put it another way: What's the best use of that first pick? RESV for the "hard" show or GA for the "easy" show? Or could I possibly put in RESV for the "easy" show (almost guaranteed odds already) and get amazing seats, even with my 400X number?

I know some of this is unknown regardless, but you can understand my confusion. GA is GA regardless of your 10C number... You're either in or out, and it's all based on the draw and how many people chose that show as "first pick." RESV is based on your pick AND your 10C number, but I'm not sure how that ratio works....

They don't assign the seats until all of the winners are picked for reserved...
    once the winners are determined, seats are assigned by seniority,
    whether it's a first choice or an eighth choice doesn't matter!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Ah, good to know.
    So basically the ONLY disadvantage for me, with a 400X number, to not go in for GA... Is that it increases the risk that I might miss out on both GA and RESV for a show. I'm gonna get (roughly) the same seats in RESV no matter what.

So in the above scenario, I might as well go in for GA for both shows as #1 and #2 picks? And then do RESV as #3 and #4 picks, depending on odds?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    No Hartford!! :(
  • Options
    rchallen said:

Ah, good to know.
    So basically the ONLY disadvantage for me, with a 400X number, to not go in for GA... Is that it increases the risk that I might miss out on both GA and RESV for a show. I'm gonna get (roughly) the same seats in RESV no matter what.

So in the above scenario, I might as well go in for GA for both shows as #1 and #2 picks? And then do RESV as #3 and #4 picks, depending on odds?

IF you really want GA...
    for one of the high demand shows,
    it HAS to be your #1 choice.
    There won't be any tickets left for a #2 or later selections.
    On the other hand...if the odds are in the high 90's,
    you could score these tickets as a #2 or higher choice,
    but only after everyone who picked that option as #1 have got tickets.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Question...if I can only afford 1 show, am I able to enter the lottery for multiple shows with the stipulation to only purchase tix to ONE show (whichever higher priority wins - if any)? Does that make sense??
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    JL123709 said:

Question...if I can only afford 1 show, am I able to enter the lottery for multiple shows with the stipulation to only purchase tix to ONE show (whichever higher priority wins - if any)? Does that make sense??

Got this from the Tickets FAQ: http://pearljam.com/tickets/faq

Q: I can only afford to go to one show, what should I do?
    A: In the case of PJ tours, if you can only afford to go to one show, then you'll want to only enter the drawing for one show. If you enter for more than one show, you can possibly be selected during the drawing for more than one show and your card will automatically be charged a non-refundable fee for the total sum of the ticket prices.
  • Options
    Good deal....thanks! Hope to See you all soon !!
  • Options
    JL123709 said:

Good deal....thanks! Hope to See you all soon !!

Welcome to the boards my friend...
    I hope you enjoy your show!!
    :plus_one:

• Options
    yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    Living in Atlanta and loving Pearl Jam feels like loving a girl who doesn't love you back! Oh well... Greenville and Toronto here I come!
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Anchorage Alaska.. Please. One of the few states they have never been! I have to travel far every time!!
  • Options

PJ_ROCKS said:

with all this chatter about other shows, no one has talked about all the time between Boston and Chicago. I understand the breaks, but a 13 day break seems odd

May 10 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    Jun 9-2 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo**
    Aug 5 Boston, MA Fenway Park***
    Aug 7 Boston, MA Fenway Park***
    Aug 20 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field***
    Aug 22 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field***

Someone that works at the Pittsburgh arena claims pj has a hold on August 13th. Said that about a month ago long before wrigley and Fenway were announced. I'm predicting 3 legs total. The other 2 to be announced in march after Wrigley and Fenway have sold. West dates after Bonnaroo through the 4th of July weekend. Then some dates between fenway and wrigley like DC Columbus Cleveland Pittsburgh Buffalo Detroit.
    This would very much please me, and I'm sure many more. Is there substance to the 'person that works at the Pitt arena'?

I assume so because back at the time he said this he also said that Pittsburgh was off the books for the spring tour. Which obviously turned out to be correct.
    I'm sure I am totally missing something, but is the 'wait and announce more legs, later' just a marketing ploy to sell more tickets? i.e. people who don't think they're coming to their town buy tix to another show already announced, then later when more shows are announced those same people end up going to them also?

• Options
    riley540 said:

Anchorage Alaska.. Please. One of the few states they have never been! I have to travel far every time!!

But at least you get a lot of daylight at times of the year!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    how early should I get to the venue to get a spot on the front rail? I've never had a chance at GA before, and if I'm traveling from Alaska I want to get a spot in the very front to hold a sign indicating that they should give us a visit up north!
    But really, how early?

• Options
    Agreed with poster about ATLANTA. My wife and brother looked at the tour and we're wondering "What did Atlanta do to tick PJ off?".....2 shows in 15 years?
  • Options
    yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    Riley- I have been very very early several times and not been on the actual rail. If you go to a festival it is doable but be prepared to hold your spot for hours. Bring backpack w/ water or dehydration could be a factor. I almost died at music midtown ATL 2012 and will never do another festival. LOL
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475

So no more seniority? that blows. I loved that.

Bahahahahahahahaha
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,927
    riley540 said:

how early should I get to the venue to get a spot on the front rail? I've never had a chance at GA before, and if I'm traveling from Alaska I want to get a spot in the very front to hold a sign indicating that they should give us a visit up north!
    But really, how early?

Last tour there were people lining up first thing in the morning (and even the night before....weren't there tenting out in Kansas City?). But, GA is so tame, you can get up there and get yourself reasonably up close. Obviously, people on the rail are holding there spots and not letting anyone get in front of them, but unless you don't have to be right on the rail, you probably don't have to waste your time in line for 18 hours.

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    yellowboy said:

Living in Atlanta and loving Pearl Jam feels like loving a girl who doesn't love you back! Oh well... Greenville and Toronto here I come!

:giggle:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    If I wanted to stick it out all day in the front of the line, is it possible to pick up the tickets the day before?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Nope. You have to leave the line to get your tix. I think everyone in line is cool about getting back in order.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    This is probably the first time in my adult life I have wanted to skip the weekend and go right to Monday.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I live in Atlanta so I Feel your pain, but Bonnoroo in the past has a clause in it that headliners can't play within a certain mileage of Bonoroo. I think it is 300 but i'm not sure. Greenville is just outside of that Mileage Atlanta is well within.
    I imagine they wanted to play atlanta but when they accepted bonoroo they had to drop it and probably looked at Greenville as an alternative.
    Pure Speculation on my part

As for the General Admission... the 10 club may have purchased all the GA seats, but I would imagine if they don't sell out the allotment through the 10C then ticketmaster would sell the rest. It would not make much sense from a business standpoint for the band, the arena, or ticketmaster to not sell those and make money.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep said:

I live in Atlanta so I Feel your pain, but Bonnoroo in the past has a clause in it that headliners can't play within a certain mileage of Bonoroo. I think it is 300 but i'm not sure. Greenville is just outside of that Mileage Atlanta is well within.
    I imagine they wanted to play atlanta but when they accepted bonoroo they had to drop it and probably looked at Greenville as an alternative.
    Pure Speculation on my part

As for the General Admission... the 10 club may have purchased all the GA seats, but I would imagine if they don't sell out the allotment through the 10C then ticketmaster would sell the rest. It would not make much sense from a business standpoint for the band, the arena, or ticketmaster to not sell those and make money.

What they've done in the past is...
    If GA doesn't sell out, they will give people that requested reserved as #1 and GA as #2 the leftover GA tickets!!
    This happened to a good friend of mine in Phoenix in 2013...
    and I've heard others say they were "upgraded" to GA as well!!

This discussion has been closed.