2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    riley540 said:

If I wanted to stick it out all day in the front of the line, is it possible to pick up the tickets the day before?

No
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    15% chance for Toronto GA and plummeting? I am going to be really, insanely surprised if I have good luck on Monday.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    JL123709 said:

Question...if I can only afford 1 show, am I able to enter the lottery for multiple shows with the stipulation to only purchase tix to ONE show (whichever higher priority wins - if any)? Does that make sense??

No

If you enter for multiple shows and get picked for multiple shows you pay for multiple shows with NO option to return or transfer the tickets.
  • yellowboy said:

Riley- I have been very very early several times and not been on the actual rail. If you go to a festival it is doable but be prepared to hold your spot for hours. Bring backpack w/ water or dehydration could be a factor. I almost died at music midtown ATL 2012 and will never do another festival. LOL

ATL was worth it, in hindsight, but many times during that day I kept thinking, "I've made a horrible mistake." At least 2 of my friends bailed out midway through because the crowd was just too much.
    On the plus side, my profile pic comes from that show.
  • Eroom21Eroom21 Posts: 109
    I am shocked that thre is only one Toronto show.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    Eroom21 said:

So far. Toronto seems ripe for a rollover show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    derbydave said:

intodeep said:

I live in Atlanta so I Feel your pain, but Bonnoroo in the past has a clause in it that headliners can't play within a certain mileage of Bonoroo. I think it is 300 but i'm not sure. Greenville is just outside of that Mileage Atlanta is well within.
    I imagine they wanted to play atlanta but when they accepted bonoroo they had to drop it and probably looked at Greenville as an alternative.
    Pure Speculation on my part

As for the General Admission... the 10 club may have purchased all the GA seats, but I would imagine if they don't sell out the allotment through the 10C then ticketmaster would sell the rest. It would not make much sense from a business standpoint for the band, the arena, or ticketmaster to not sell those and make money.

What they've done in the past is...
    If GA doesn't sell out, they will give people that requested reserved as #1 and GA as #2 the leftover GA tickets!!
    This happened to a good friend of mine in Phoenix in 2013...
    and I've heard others say they were "upgraded" to GA as well!!
    Very cool.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,180
    This is my first time getting tickets through the lottery system...I am on pins and needles while I wait!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,180
    yellowboy said:

Living in Atlanta and loving Pearl Jam feels like loving a girl who doesn't love you back! Oh well... Greenville and Toronto here I come!

You should try living in Indiana...most bands will actually drive over us to get between shows without stopping!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    JimmyV said:

Eroom21 said:

• This is probably the first time in my adult life I have wanted to skip the weekend and go right to Monday.

i know, right?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• rchallen said:

Ah, good to know.
    So basically the ONLY disadvantage for me, with a 400X number, to not go in for GA... Is that it increases the risk that I might miss out on both GA and RESV for a show. I'm gonna get (roughly) the same seats in RESV no matter what.

So in the above scenario, I might as well go in for GA for both shows as #1 and #2 picks? And then do RESV as #3 and #4 picks, depending on odds?

i win brooklyn I 2013 for GA only choice and my number is 400xxx, god is real, pray
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • derbydave said:

intodeep said:

I live in Atlanta so I Feel your pain, but Bonnoroo in the past has a clause in it that headliners can't play within a certain mileage of Bonoroo. I think it is 300 but i'm not sure. Greenville is just outside of that Mileage Atlanta is well within.
    I imagine they wanted to play atlanta but when they accepted bonoroo they had to drop it and probably looked at Greenville as an alternative.
    Pure Speculation on my part

As for the General Admission... the 10 club may have purchased all the GA seats, but I would imagine if they don't sell out the allotment through the 10C then ticketmaster would sell the rest. It would not make much sense from a business standpoint for the band, the arena, or ticketmaster to not sell those and make money.

What they've done in the past is...
    If GA doesn't sell out, they will give people that requested reserved as #1 and GA as #2 the leftover GA tickets!!
    This happened to a good friend of mine in Phoenix in 2013...
    and I've heard others say they were "upgraded" to GA as well!!
    +10000
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    When we were second to last row behind the stage for the last Seattle show, in the middle of the show someone from the venue came up and brought the couple behind us down to sit next to the stage. All that stuff can happen.
  • hensodhensod Posts: 192
    edited January 2016
    Would love to go for some shows but they came a bit to early for my, would need to know if I get a bonus for 2015 before I could make any resarvations... That sucks but good luck to all of you and I wish I could be there with my jamely!!
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    rchallen said:

yellowboy said:

Riley- I have been very very early several times and not been on the actual rail. If you go to a festival it is doable but be prepared to hold your spot for hours. Bring backpack w/ water or dehydration could be a factor. I almost died at music midtown ATL 2012 and will never do another festival. LOL

ATL was worth it, in hindsight, but many times during that day I kept thinking, "I've made a horrible mistake." At least 2 of my friends bailed out midway through because the crowd was just too much.
    On the plus side, my profile pic comes from that show.
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
    Rchallen- yes! That is undoubtedly the shirt that he wore in Atlanta last. There is no doubt I would have required paramedics if my 90 pound daughter had it been able to squeeze between people and crawl her way to the concession stand for water bottles. Even still, it took her over an hour to get there and back. I pounded two bottles and then had to go the whole show without anything else. And – yes! It was worth every minute. It was my first show with my daughters. Incredible!
    ThiefofSilence said:
    This is probably the first time in my adult life I have wanted to skip the weekend and go right to Monday.

• Eroom21 said:

I hope they do add another night. I like spending a couple nights in the city. It's been my mini PJ vacation spot ever since they started spending two nights there. I was shocked to see only one night. Please PJ stay for two!!!

I'm surprised no love for Buffalo either :( The peeps in Buffalo love them some PJ
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • yellowboy said:

Rchallen- yes! That is undoubtedly the shirt that he wore in Atlanta last. There is no doubt I would have required paramedics if my 90 pound daughter had it been able to squeeze between people and crawl her way to the concession stand for water bottles. Even still, it took her over an hour to get there and back. I pounded two bottles and then had to go the whole show without anything else. And – yes! It was worth every minute. It was my first show with my daughters. Incredible!

Haha, well I know it was! My friend took the picture! Ed wasn't that close the entire show, but during Crazy Mary he wandered over our way with his wine, looking quite content. :^)

I think we were there at 1 PM and still weren't on the rail? And PJ didn't go on til 9 PM. I only left one time for water & food (around 5?) and it literally took me (no lie) 45 minutes to fight through the crowd to get back to my spot. And I do mean FIGHT.
  • Questions for those who were at the Wrigley show in 2013:

How good of a venue is it for the show?? Seats, sound, visibility, etc.
    How much were tix, and what are the details for the lottery?
    Pumped for Monday! Fingers crossed for everyone!!
  • MB93672MB93672 Posts: 293
    I haven't seen the $1 authorization pop up on my credit card, but have confirmation that I entered. I can't remember from the past lotteries if it was there or not. Think it's okay?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,751
    JimmyV said:

Eroom21 said:

Yeah, you would think so.

I'll be disappointed if they do though, as i wanted to go if there was 2 shows. Really didn't want to spend the money to go up there for one show. Wish the Rumor of 2 shows were true.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    Thanks, to Pearl Jam, and everybody involved for making this tour happen!!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• DeamonDeamon Posts: 167
    derbydave said:

rchallen said:

Ah, good to know.
    So basically the ONLY disadvantage for me, with a 400X number, to not go in for GA... Is that it increases the risk that I might miss out on both GA and RESV for a show. I'm gonna get (roughly) the same seats in RESV no matter what.

So in the above scenario, I might as well go in for GA for both shows as #1 and #2 picks? And then do RESV as #3 and #4 picks, depending on odds?

IF you really want GA...
    for one of the high demand shows,
    it HAS to be your #1 choice.
    There won't be any tickets left for a #2 or later selections.
    On the other hand...if the odds are in the high 90's,
    you could score these tickets as a #2 or higher choice,
    but only after everyone who picked that option as #1 have got tickets.
    So if I put Toronto GA as #1, and Ottawa GA as #2, does that mean if I strike out with Toronto, that someone who put Ottawa GA #1 has a better shot at it then I do?
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
    2024: Portland 5/10
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    Deamon said:

derbydave said:

rchallen said:

Ah, good to know.

IF you really want GA...
    for one of the high demand shows,
    it HAS to be your #1 choice.
    There won't be any tickets left for a #2 or later selections.
    On the other hand...if the odds are in the high 90's,
    you could score these tickets as a #2 or higher choice,
    but only after everyone who picked that option as #1 have got tickets.
    So if I put Toronto GA as #1, and Ottawa GA as #2, does that mean if I strike out with Toronto, that someone who put Ottawa GA #1 has a better shot at it then I do?
    You are correct...
    With Ottawa GA as your #2 choice,
    you will only get these tickets after everyone who has chosen this option as their #1 choice.

From the ticket FAQ information:
    Q: How does the show priority selection factor in to the drawing?
    A: For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority, and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

riley540 said:

how early should I get to the venue to get a spot on the front rail? I've never had a chance at GA before, and if I'm traveling from Alaska I want to get a spot in the very front to hold a sign indicating that they should give us a visit up north!
    But really, how early?

Last tour there were people lining up first thing in the morning (and even the night before....weren't there tenting out in Kansas City?). But, GA is so tame, you can get up there and get yourself reasonably up close. Obviously, people on the rail are holding there spots and not letting anyone get in front of them, but unless you don't have to be right on the rail, you probably don't have to waste your time in line for 18 hours.

I arrived at noon in Cincinnati. I had rail. It wasn't straight up front in front of EV or Mike. I was down on Stone's side, but I was there, I could see (I'm short) and I didn't spend overnight on the sidewalk to get it. It just depends.

And yes, if you get on the rail, you do hold your spot. (My husband said that I grabbed hold and didn't let go the entire time. I had people who were 6'7" behind me who wanted my spot in front of me.) You've put the time in. You buddy up with your neighbors.

If you want rail, do the work to earn it but don't allow people to make you feel guilty about waiting for it. The likelihood that I'll have rail for another PJ show is pretty slim. I will never regret hanging on and doing it just once. :rock_on:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Just because probability and statistics fascinate me, one more question....
    At what point do the GA odds become bad enough that you're basically "throwing away" a pick if it's not your first choice? 60%? 50%? 40%?

I'm thinking of revising my choices... I have GA to two shows as my first two picks, but I'm starting to think that 2nd pick has no shot of happening, and I'd be better off just going RESV for that show as my second (rather than third) pick.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    See, and if everyone thinks like that, chances for GA might improve because everyone is too scared to lose out :lol:
    Challen and I are thinking alike. Which is - way too much way too deep. LOL – this effing drawing is driving me nuts.
This discussion has been closed.