2016 Pearl Jam Tour Announcement

Comments

• yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    * logs back in to redo his lottery choices for the sixth time....
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • yellowboyyellowboy Atlanta Georgia biggest PJ Fan Posts: 119
    edited January 2016
    Nothing in my future can be planned or move forward until I know the results of the drawing
    Post edited by yellowboy on
    I've got memories, I've got shit.
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    yellowboy said:

* logs back in to redo his lottery choices for the sixth time....

lol at this and the signature~

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• jonsey30jonsey30 Posts: 1,000
    Shit, a couple more days and we'll know if we have tickets for the first round of shows! Hotels booked in both Toronto and Chicago with free cancellations...
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I may try for Boston. That would be a fun time.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    Ms. Haiku said:

I may try for Boston. That would be a fun time.

If you have never been to a show at Fenway, now is the time. People complain about the sound (like all baseball stadiums) and I can agree that in certain sections the sound isn't great... But the experience is awesome, there are so many great bars around Fenway, and there are few things that can beat a beautiful day in Boston.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 567
    Does anyone know if I can sell a Southwest flight credit from a canceled flight? I have a $127 credit that expires May 11th. I won't be able to use it and would prefer to sell to someone on here for a discount knowing lots of you will be flying. Again, if it's allowed. I can't call Southwest until Monday. I just hope I don't take a loss.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • ally12ally12 Posts: 68
    vividseats.com/concerts/pearl-jam-tickets/pearl-jam-canadian-tire-centre-5-8-1978067.html

I am so disappointed that people would mislead concert goers, I used to work for the ticket vendor in Ottawa. I can't tell you how many people fall for this $909.00 for a ticket? which is no guarantee

2011: PJ20- Ottawa, Canada
    2016: PJ25- Ottawa, Canada
    2020: Ottawa, Canada, QC City 
  • Driving over 2,100 miles round trip from San Antonio Texas to Florida for the first two shows and the final stop up in Jacksonville with my brother which will be his PJ show. Last time I seen them was in SATX in 2003. Is been 15 years too long!! PJ25 10C
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 822
    yellowboy said:

Living in Atlanta and loving Pearl Jam feels like loving a girl who doesn't love you back! Oh well... Greenville and Toronto here I come!

And I thought there is no way anyone else put in for Greenville and Toronto.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    420Dabz said:

Driving over 2,100 miles round trip from San Antonio Texas to Florida for the first two shows and the final stop up in Jacksonville with my brother which will be his PJ show. Last time I seen them was in SATX in 2003. Is been 15 years too long!! PJ25 10C

That's awesome. I can tell you, as can numerous others on this board, that there is nothing better than a PJ road trip.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    420Dabz said:

Driving over 2,100 miles round trip from San Antonio Texas to Florida for the first two shows and the final stop up in Jacksonville with my brother which will be his PJ show. Last time I seen them was in SATX in 2003. Is been 15 years too long!! PJ25 10C

For the 2014 tour, I rented a car and roadtripped to St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Detroit & Moline...this was my mileage from that roadtrip:

I did Cincy too, but my ticket buddy drove to that show!!

Looking at another 3000 miles this spring...
    PJ roadtrips are the BEST of times!!
    :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Stupid question but does the lottery end on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Stupid question but does the lottery end on Tuesday or Wednesday?

This drawing entry period opens January 19th and closes Monday January 25th at 10am Pacific. Names will be drawn throughout the day on Monday. 

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• ooo thats exciting im off all day tomorrow.

ooo thats exciting im off all day tomorrow.

BEST
    of luck in the lottery my friend!!
    :plus_one:

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    nicknyr15 said:

420Dabz said:

That's awesome. I can tell you, as can numerous others on this board, that there is nothing better than a PJ road trip.
    Saturday after work I got my oil changed with new air filters, new wiper blades front and back, and got a car wash - had a little trash in it to throw out and all the time haha all I could think is PJ YESSSSSSSSSSS! Lol so I'll be doing this very same thing in a couple months. So in the mean time gotta get those brakes checked :wink:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • derbydave said:

ooo thats exciting im off all day tomorrow.

BEST
    of luck in the lottery my friend!!
    :plus_one:
    Thanks Best of Luck to you as well!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    rival9500 said:

Does anyone know if I can sell a Southwest flight credit from a canceled flight? I have a $127 credit that expires May 11th. I won't be able to use it and would prefer to sell to someone on here for a discount knowing lots of you will be flying. Again, if it's allowed. I can't call Southwest until Monday. I just hope I don't take a loss.

You may be able to book a flight by May 11th and then cancel it before the flight. You get the credit back and that starts a new 12 months. I think this is how it works but not sure.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    24 hours left till the lottery closes.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    demetrios said:

24 hours left till the lottery closes.

And the show I want still slowly trickles to worse odds. :D
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 547
    edited January 2016
    Hi Friends!
    So Pumped for this tour! I want to do the Canadian leg and live in Toronto. I would like to go to the Toronto show if I only got one show but the odds are bad for Toronto. I feel I might just not get any show by putting Toronto first but if you wanted to go to Toronto first and foremost, but would hate to lose out and not go to any show (when I could easily go to Ottawa). Would you do the following that I currently have submitted? I don't think there is an easy answer from anyone as I won't know if I lose Toronto until the draw and then if I don't get Ottawa I will say I should have put that first. I think I gotta roll the bones with the following even though Toronto's odds are bad since I would prefer to have Toronto over the others?:

Pearl Jam 2016 North America Tour
    PRIORITY DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR
    1st choice 05/10/2016 Toronto, ON - Reserved Seating $157.00
    2nd choice 05/08/2016 Ottawa, ON- Reserved Seating $157.00
    3rd choice 05/05/2016 Quebec City, QC- Reserved Seating $159.00
    4th choice 05/10/2016 Toronto, ON- GA Standing $157.00
    5th choice 05/08/2016 Ottawa, ON- GA Standing $157.00
    6th choice 05/05/2016 Quebec City, QC- GA Standing $159.00

BTW: If I have horseshoes and get Tor, Ott and Que, I think it's fly Porter to and between for the win. Thoughts? Anyone doing this and booking now but just not firm with Porter? I think you don't lose anything if you just don't take the firm rate?
    Post edited by Torontonian on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    While not a guarantee I think you would have a pretty good chance at Ottawa reserved. A lot of people will have chosen that as a second/third/fourth choice so you will be right in the mix. Saying that you have better then 50/50 chance to get Toronto while you are at it since a lot of GA first priorities will have reserved as a second or third option. You are guaranteed Quebec and have a half decent shot to get at least on of the other two so be prepared for more than one win.
  • PJNB said:

While not a guarantee I think you would have a pretty good chance at Ottawa reserved. A lot of people will have chosen that as a second/third/fourth choice so you will be right in the mix. Saying that you have better then 50/50 chance to get Toronto while you are at it since a lot of GA first priorities will have reserved as a second or third option. You are guaranteed Quebec and have a half decent shot to get at least on of the other two so be prepared for more than one win.

I really hope so and thanks for your thoughts and encouragement!
  • derbydave said:

Stupid question but does the lottery end on Tuesday or Wednesday?

This drawing entry period opens January 19th and closes Monday January 25th at 10am Pacific. Names will be drawn throughout the day on Monday. 

so do we get an email monday(tomorrow) or do we have to check our 10C account to see if tickets appear?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• rival9500rival9500 Posts: 567

rival9500 said:

You may be able to book a flight by May 11th and then cancel it before the flight. You get the credit back and that starts a new 12 months. I think this is how it works but not sure.
    That would be great! Thanks man!
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Am I the only one that misses the good old days of first come, first serve? Lost lottery in 2013 and odds aren't with me for this tour. Prior to that, I never got shut out.

Either way...I'll be there.
    Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010)
    Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    Budweiser Gardens (July 16, 2013)
    Buffalo, NY (October 12, 2013)
    Detroit, MI (October 16, 2014)
    Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016)
    Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018)
    Hamilton, Ontario (September 06, 2022)
  • meczynsj said:

Am I the only one that misses the good old days of first come, first serve? Lost lottery in 2013 and odds aren't with me for this tour. Prior to that, I never got shut out.

I agree in some ways for sure but don't miss the beating my F5 key took. (still have my PJF5 t-shirt ready for this tour!)
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    photo image_zps7pgyp5dv.jpeg
  • meczynsj said:

Am I the only one that misses the good old days of first come, first serve? Lost lottery in 2013 and odds aren't with me for this tour. Prior to that, I never got shut out.

I miss those days too. I am glad to at least have a chance through the 10club. I have lost faith in getting any tickets through ticketmaster anymore. Way too many scalpers that control the whole system these days. I Couldn't get tickets to Springsteen, AC/DC, Paul McCartney, and yet there are thousands of pairs available minutes after the public sales on secondary sites for outrageous prices.

I hope somebody does something about this practice because it's becoming impossible to see anybody well known now unless you are uber rich and even if I were uber rich I wouldn't pay those silly prices.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
This discussion has been closed.