RNDM Tour Dates

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    ShanKathy said:

Richard and Joseph signed my poster after the show but I did not see Jeff come out unfortunately. You might have better luck when they are on the road? We had a chat with both of them too. That was a fun addition to the night.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that Joseph and Richard would stick around to talk to fans, but if Jeff came out it would probably be too big of a mob scene.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,602
    edited March 2016
    Suziemay said:

ShanKathy said:

Richard and Joseph signed my poster after the show but I did not see Jeff come out unfortunately. You might have better luck when they are on the road? We had a chat with both of them too. That was a fun addition to the night.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that Joseph and Richard would stick around to talk to fans, but if Jeff came out it would probably be too big of a mob scene.
    Few friends of mine stayed outside till 12am & a little longer. Jeff didn't show. Heard though that a few who did got to see Jeff. Not sure where they waited for Jeff to come out, the back or front of The Crocodile. They got stuff signed & he took photos. Wonder how long they stayed till Jeff came out? Poor guy though. Trapped inside hoping everyone has left so he can go home in peace. Kinda tough, especially hometown show.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

Last tour they did, they all came out after the show (at least in Boston) and mingled with the diehards that stuck around the club after the show.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• ShanKathyShanKathy Posts: 314
    Agree about waiting for Jeff in Seattle. He probably had friends and family there and I think they were also getting ready to head to New York.
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    edited March 2016

Wonder how long they stayed till Jeff came out? Poor guy though. Trapped inside hoping everyone has left so he can go home in peace. Kinda tough, especially hometown show.

There's no need to say poor guy in reference to Jeff and saying he was trapped inside and hoping everyone left. That couldn't be further from the truth. My wife and I attended the show and waited inside to meet the band. Security was trying to get everyone to leave, but if you just moved to the back or near the merch booth, it was possible to stay inside.

Around 15 minutes after the show ended, I noticed that Joseph had come out and was talking to fans, then saw that Jeff was there doing the same. Jeff couldn't have been nicer. There were still a fair amount of fans remaining inside, plus some friends of the band. Jeff took photos with everyone who asked, signed items and was happy to converse. He could have avoided mixing with fans if he wanted to, but chose to meet those who were there. Once the band was meeting with fans, I didn't witness security telling anyone they had to leave.

Jeff was in a good mood and stayed inside talking after I left. I would assume his happiness carried over to when he went outside and ran into more people.
    Post edited by KL159781 on
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Posts: 314
    Oh shoot! I moved off to the bar as directed by security. Rookie mistake. Have fun everyone at the rest of the shows.
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Posts: 731
    NYC was awesome. Joseph is a rock star and whaled. Jeff and Richard were having fun as well. the album was tricky live, but they pulled it off. the crowd was pretty brooklyn and phoney(as in hand held). they finally came around at the end. glad to see them, sad it wasn't sold out.
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115

NYC was awesome. Joseph is a rock star and whaled. Jeff and Richard were having fun as well. the album was tricky live, but they pulled it off. the crowd was pretty brooklyn and phoney(as in hand held). they finally came around at the end. glad to see them, sad it wasn't sold out.

Not sure about the crowd as I was on the rail and couldn't tell what the people behind me were like. But Acts does rock a little harder than the new album, so I'm not surprised the encore got a bit more applause. Those songs are just more familiar of course too. I did get the sense from talking to a few people that I was a rare Joseph Arthur fan there, and not just going along to see Jeff's band.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    edited March 2016
    Seattle:
    No opener; we basically got a DJ set from a crew member (not sure if with RNDM or The Croc) who started off by playing my favourite Talk Talk song, "After the Flood", and I damn near shat myself because I'd never heard that song in a public setting ... it just felt really weird. Of any Talk Talk song played in a public setting, I would expect to hear "It's My Life", but not the 9+ minute glory of "After the Flood". I was too far away from the guy to get his attention, but I really wanted to tell him how awesome he was. I missed the PopMatters interview with Jeff until today; he mentioned that they sorta channeled Talk Talk into the creation of Ghost Riders, so it was likely played on purpose. Which is awesome.
    I managed to get in a good 7-8 listens of the record that day; not knowing the material aside from the title track, Stray, & NYC Freaks likely quieted the audience a bit.
    Rich & Jeff were pretty solid, & Joe was kind of nervous in a really endearing way. (Dude has, like, a bajillion songs, so I can totally understand him having an iPad of lyrics on a music stand.) He's a great frontman, very amiable & funny. It's a treat to watch him play guitar up close, too. I was 2nd row in the middle ... I wore my super-bright orange toque; you can see my silly head bobbing in the "It's Violence" video they posted earlier today. The guy who shot the video from up close was right next to me all night, which saved me from the drunk douchebags who had occupied the space prior to the show, so that was cool.
    Santos makes a guest appearance on bass, which is totally rad. He commands some serious attention with that dope bass-playin' stance! :D Love the double-braided beard, too.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't stick around afterwards. With the 3 hour drive back home, I needed to get on the road ASAP, so I didn't get to see any of the guys. *pout* Oh, well. Safety first.
    Joe said that the show was sloppy, and it was, but it was an awesome rock show kinda sloppy. Loved the poster for the show, so I got that & also got an orange mask to complement my black one - collect the whole set! :p There's a minor difference in that the horn nubbies are smaller on the orange one. (Not sure how it compares to black 2.0 though, maybe all the newer ones have small horn nubbies?)
    Just a great, fun show.
    YAY RNDM! <3
    I might be able to get to an E-bow.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Anybody know what time rndm will come on stage roughly?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,156
    edited March 2016
    I saw 9:00 & later for at least two of the shows.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Yea they kicked ass
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    rockpants said:

Seattle:
    No opener; we basically got a DJ set from a crew member (not sure if with RNDM or The Croc) who started off by playing my favourite Talk Talk song, "After the Flood", and I damn near shat myself because I'd never heard that song in a public setting ... it just felt really weird. Of any Talk Talk song played in a public setting, I would expect to hear "It's My Life", but not the 9+ minute glory of "After the Flood". I was too far away from the guy to get his attention, but I really wanted to tell him how awesome he was. I missed the PopMatters interview with Jeff until today; he mentioned that they sorta channeled Talk Talk into the creation of Ghost Riders, so it was likely played on purpose. Which is awesome.
    I managed to get in a good 7-8 listens of the record that day; not knowing the material aside from the title track, Stray, & NYC Freaks likely quieted the audience a bit.
    Rich & Jeff were pretty solid, & Joe was kind of nervous in a really endearing way. (Dude has, like, a bajillion songs, so I can totally understand him having an iPad of lyrics on a music stand.) He's a great frontman, very amiable & funny. It's a treat to watch him play guitar up close, too. I was 2nd row in the middle ... I wore my super-bright orange toque; you can see my silly head bobbing in the "It's Violence" video they posted earlier today. The guy who shot the video from up close was right next to me all night, which saved me from the drunk douchebags who had occupied the space prior to the show, so that was cool.
    Santos makes a guest appearance on bass, which is totally rad. He commands some serious attention with that dope bass-playin' stance! :DLove the double-braided beard, too.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't stick around afterwards. With the 3 hour drive back home, I needed to get on the road ASAP, so I didn't get to see any of the guys. *pout* Oh, well. Safety first.
    Joe said that the show was sloppy, and it was, but it was an awesome rock show kinda sloppy. Loved the poster for the show, so I got that & also got an orange mask to complement my black one - collect the whole set! :p There's a minor difference in that the horn nubbies are smaller on the orange one. (Not sure how it compares to black 2.0 though, maybe all the newer ones have small horn nubbies?)
    Just a great, fun show.
    YAY RNDM! <3</p>

Wait - so the guitar tech/Santos is Tim B.???
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    No, Santos is not Tim Bierman. Tim's name on the board is Rubysdad (who started the pinned "Let Your Voice Be Heard" thread.)
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Thank you! But, so... who is Santos in real life? Like, what's his history with the band?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Only posters in Toronto tonight. Wanted a ski mask bad!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,156
    BS44325 said:

No ski masks for sale in Boston either (at least that I saw).
  • Show about to start!
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Would've liked a ski mask as well. Oh well
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • RNDM just gets better and better. What a great show in DC. And those posters rocked! Surprised there wasn't more chatter about them. Awesome how they all connect to one another. Picked one up before the show. Fortunate enough to catch up with the entire band for some great conversation, pics, and signature before the end of the night too. What a great night! I'll be riding the glow of that one until Columbia in April. Thanks for the great vibe...
    Pearl Jam
    9.18.98/10.27.09/5.13.10/7.19.13(earthcam)/10.21.13/10.27.13
    Solo/Side Project
    Balt MD 6.15.09 EV/Balt MD 10.9.10 BRAD
    DC 3.21.11 Tres Mts/DC 11.3.12 RNDM
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

BS44325 said:

No ski masks for sale in Boston either (at least that I saw).
    They only had a couple...
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Amazing show in Toronto. The new material is all excellent live.
  • Steph SSteph S Posts: 13
    Toronto was so fun. Went on my own cause we couldn't find a sitter...no worries. Joseph is a total rock star, Jeff looked like he was having a ton of fun. Small venues must be a nice change. Lots of smiles and laughs. Richard just made me smile. That guy was so entertaining. Thanks guys. Great night!
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    Good show last night. I felt they're much better live than on record.
    Joseph and Richard were mingling with the crowd almost immediately after the show. Jeff took longer and was unsurprisingly mobbed, but was gracious enough to briefly meet people and sign stuff.

2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 Posts: 653
    My mind was blown in Chicago! They killed it. Honestly even better than what I had in mind. Ghost Riding sounds rockin live. Even better than the album. Plus, we got the "Trump" song. Oh yes. Good times. I promised I would name names... you guys are awesome Josh, Rick, Ryan and Tom!

Got to meet all the guys after the show. All three signed my cd. Super nice and gracious. Thanks for the high five Jeff. Joseph, you were a little too nice :lol:
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,883

My mind was blown in Chicago! They killed it. Honestly even better than what I had in mind. Ghost Riding sounds rockin live. Even better than the album. Plus, we got the "Trump" song. Oh yes. Good times. I promised I would name names... you guys are awesome Josh, Rick, Ryan and Tom!

Got to meet all the guys after the show. All three signed my cd. Super nice and gracious. Thanks for the high five Jeff. Joseph, you were a little too nice :lol:

Trump song?!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Awesome fucking show last night! The new album sounded great live! Joseph was on fire, Richard is a monster on the drums, and it was cool to see Jeff rocking the bass and playing keyboards. They were really enjoying themselves on stage, and it showed in their performance.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • rickprickp Posts: 219

Those guys put on quite the show. Glad we stuck around!