Options

Bands you know are good,by popularity but you just don't like

12346»

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Where are the MLB fans? Am I the only one?
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,482

Where are the MLB fans? Am I the only one?

I like Gentle Groove.
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Phish
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

White Stripes, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Nirvana....great bands that just happen to be boring too me.

The WHITE STRIPES??? Are you friggin' kidding me?? Jack is the greatest rock genius since Neil Young.
    I don't own one white stripes album. I just probably check them out since I never gave them a listen to. I'm gonna get killed for this but I never saw why pj loved neil young so much. He's an incredible guitarist but I could never stomach his voice.
    Neil Young isn't for everyone. Either you feel him or you don't, and "get" his voice or not. For me he is one of the greatest of all time - for sure in my top 3 and always will be. But I still get why some don't like him (but I pity those who don't lol, because you poor souls are really missing out on some of the most deeply felt music ever made ;) ).
    I used to love Neil Young but I have come to see him as quite annoying. To me he's just whiney and I'm going to have to disagree with McGruff, his guitar playing seems pedestrian to me in that all of his solos sound exactly the same. I really wish PJ would lay off the RITFW.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    AceCool said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

White Stripes, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Nirvana....great bands that just happen to be boring too me.

The WHITE STRIPES??? Are you friggin' kidding me?? Jack is the greatest rock genius since Neil Young.
    I don't own one white stripes album. I just probably check them out since I never gave them a listen to. I'm gonna get killed for this but I never saw why pj loved neil young so much. He's an incredible guitarist but I could never stomach his voice.
    Neil Young isn't for everyone. Either you feel him or you don't, and "get" his voice or not. For me he is one of the greatest of all time - for sure in my top 3 and always will be. But I still get why some don't like him (but I pity those who don't lol, because you poor souls are really missing out on some of the most deeply felt music ever made ;) ).
    I used to love Neil Young but I have come to see him as quite annoying. To me he's just whiney and I'm going to have to disagree with McGruff, his guitar playing seems pedestrian to me in that all of his solos sound exactly the same. I really wish PJ would lay off the RITFW.
    Fair enough. I agree that pj should lose ritfw for a bit.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    U2, they have some stuff that I like but i'm not generally a big fan. Sounds much better when you have been drinking.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    mcgruff10 said:

AceCool said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Fair enough. I agree that pj should lose ritfw for a bit.
    His solos melted my face and brain when I saw him live. Definitely not pedestrian playing. The solos were so unique and varied. So I couldn't disagree more with your assessment about that. But I do agree that RITFW has to be retired by PJ. That's not even a particularly good NY song IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata