Options

Bands you know are good,by popularity but you just don't like

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

White Stripes, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Nirvana....great bands that just happen to be boring too me.

The WHITE STRIPES??? Are you friggin' kidding me?? Jack is the greatest rock genius since Neil Young.
    I don't own one white stripes album. I just probably check them out since I never gave them a listen to. I'm gonna get killed for this but I never saw why pj loved neil young so much. He's an incredible guitarist but I could never stomach his voice.
    White Blood Cells from the WS or Blunderbuss from Jack White are great places to start. Plus, very few take advantage of the greatness of vinyl like he does. Everything is analog pressed, dead quiet, etc. He is really super anal about his releases.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I also agree on the Foo Fighters. Just not my thing. Also...
    Eagles
    Rush
    Blink 182
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mfc2006 said:

Nirvana. Like some stuff from Bleach, and a couple from Incesticide. Just found them to be boring. Don't hate me!

I'm with ya. They have a few good songs, but never understood all the love for them like they were this band that changed rock music.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Mfc, I would never hate someone over disliking most of Nirvana's stuff, but what did you think of Unplugged ? I have to say I liked the unplugged show.
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 645
    edited October 2016
    Green Day
    Nirvana
    Blink 182
    Coldplay
    Linkin Park
    Korn
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 645
    Soon to be added to my list that I used to really like

Foo Fighters - too much Grohl, needs to dial it back

Smashing Pumpkins - Corgan luvs himself too much, kinda douchie

U2 - Bono is a ham

Mumford and Sons - I don't get the hype and yes I've seen them live
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    DL136722 said:

Soon to be added to my list that I used to really like

Foo Fighters - too much Grohl, needs to dial it back

Smashing Pumpkins - Corgan luvs himself too much, kinda douchie

U2 - Bono is a ham

Mumford and Sons - I don't get the hype and yes I've seen them live

Love your explanations. Lol!!

Bono is a ham at times.
  • Options

Mfc, I would never hate someone over disliking most of Nirvana's stuff, but what did you think of Unplugged ? I have to say I liked the unplugged show.

It's ok. Just not my thing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I tired over and over again to get into my morning jacket and I just can't. Also I never understood the love for foo fighters, their music is actually quite annoying. I absolutely hate journey and rush.

Geezuz Scruffy...

What the hell, man? Foo Fighters are awesome. And Rush?
    I also can't stand the music of Foo Fighters and Rush. I find both unlistenable. Add DMB to that.
    You guys suck.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Coldplay
    Foo Fighters
    Used to listen to Smashing Pumpkins, but can't stand them now, all because of Billy Corgan
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited October 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

White Stripes, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Nirvana....great bands that just happen to be boring too me.

The WHITE STRIPES??? Are you friggin' kidding me?? Jack is the greatest rock genius since Neil Young.
    I don't own one white stripes album. I just probably check them out since I never gave them a listen to. I'm gonna get killed for this but I never saw why pj loved neil young so much. He's an incredible guitarist but I could never stomach his voice.
    Neil Young isn't for everyone. Either you feel him or you don't, and "get" his voice or not. For me he is one of the greatest of all time - for sure in my top 3 and always will be. But I still get why some don't like him (but I pity those who don't lol, because you poor souls are really missing out on some of the most deeply felt music ever made ;) ).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I tired over and over again to get into my morning jacket and I just can't. Also I never understood the love for foo fighters, their music is actually quite annoying. I absolutely hate journey and rush.

Geezuz Scruffy...

What the hell, man? Foo Fighters are awesome. And Rush?
    I also can't stand the music of Foo Fighters and Rush. I find both unlistenable. Add DMB to that.
    You guys suck.
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jack White solo
    Ick.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

mrussel1 said:

Neil Young isn't for everyone. Either you feel him or you don't, and "get" his voice or not. For me he is one of the greatest of all time - for sure in my top 3 and always will be. But I still get why some don't like him (but I pity those who don't lol, because you poor souls are really missing out on some of the most deeply felt music ever made ;) ).
    Truth!
    The Prophetess has spoken!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Bands John might think are good but doesn't like. This cracks me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqMO44r2twQ
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    Watching wilco live at Austin city limits.....my God this is terrible!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Watching wilco live at Austin city limits.....my God this is terrible!!!!

Wilco has completely destroyed my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify. Thanks to them, 50% of my weekly playlist is country music. :angry:
  • Options
    LOL!!!!! Excellent video,Brian. I adore Johnny Rotten. Even when he's making fun of Neil and Axl.

I have reserved his autobiography at the library, thanks to your suggestion in a different thread. Can't wait to read it!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    I know I m gonna get killed for this but I ve always disliked mother love bone. I ve never listened to the album through and actually don't like Chloe dancer/ crown of thorns cover by pj.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I know I m gonna get killed for this but I ve always disliked mother love bone. I ve never listened to the album through and actually don't like Chloe dancer/ crown of thorns cover by pj.

I've always found them too 80's for my liking... a little too close to the hair band scene.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    I'm gonna throw Paul Simon (solo) in the ring. I'll forever hate him for birthing Vampire Weekend.
  • Options
    Chloe dancer/crown of thorns should never have been covered. It only sounds right when Andrew sings it. He builds a certain atmosphere in that song and no one can even come close to owning it. Sorry Eddie.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I've always found them too 80's for my liking... a little too close to the hair band scene.
    Agree.

Eddie covers it just fine.
  • Options
    Let's just pretend I wrote certain phrases in the past tense, because I don't want to edit.
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    Alice cooper,for the life of me I cant listen to that voice
  • Options
    Going back to our youth...
    Boston
    Kansas
    Styx..

They all suck. Super generic 70's rock. blah. Every song on Boston/Boston is exactly the same.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Bob Dylan
    Who
    Radiohead
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

I can't stand Mother Love Bone, and actually think Andy Wood was pretty unlikeable and annoying.
    I do like the PJ Chloe/Crown cover though.
  • Options
    Have fun being digital 10C members all you MLB naysayers. Your analog privileges are hereby revoked! Ha Ha Ha (evil laugh).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I can't stand Mother Love Bone, and actually think Andy Wood was pretty unlikeable and annoying.
    I do like the PJ Chloe/Crown cover though.
    Agreed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com