Random Thoughts take II

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    ldent42 said:

I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, undeniably mega-loathe the automated speak-your-answer prompts!! Why can't I just press 1? Why do I have to sit here an utter random words and sound like a buffoon?? Then most of the time it doesn't understand what you said and you have to repeat yourself, or it takes you to a whole other menu. Ugh. Businesses just need to stop with those damn things. And what happened to pressing 0 to get a live representative? Seems like almost every business has now blocked that.

I hate calling anywhere for anything. Something that could - and SHOULD - only take 30 seconds takes 9 minutes because I have to sit here and say one word prompts over and over.

+1 I can't stand those automated menus that demand you speak to a fuckin recording.
    For sure! Some automated menus are voice activated and that's when I just start repeating over and over, "Operator, operator operator, operator..." until their little wires start to fry!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Amazing how three candles burning can bring a smile.
    I know what you mean, Hedo. The one good thing about the power going out is living by candle light.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    hedonist said:

Amazing how three candles burning can bring a smile.

Happy Hanukkah! (i think)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    You thought right. Thank you, Ident :)
    Though I do agree with B on the overall candlelight perspective. It's why I buy them in bulk.
    hedonist said:

Though I do agree with B on the overall candlelight perspective. It's why I buy them in bulk.

Yes, but how dumb of me- I knew Hanukkah started yesterday evening. Oh my, Mr. Short Term Memory. In any case, Happy Hanukkah, Hedo!

Brian, no worries. Shorty-memories and I are good friends =)

And thank you!
    hedonist said:

Brian, no worries. Shorty-memories and I are good friends =)

And thank you!

:smile:

Just a reflection, just a glimpse
    Just a little reminder of all the what abouts
    And all the might have could have beens
    Another day, some other way

35 years. Wow.

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ^^^ What a great picture and, yes, a day to reflect on all the could have beens...
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

^^^ What a great picture and, yes, a day to reflect on all the could have beens...

i initially read this as "could have beans" and at FIRST I thought we were talking about Hedo's cat, THEN I thought we were talking about actual beans and now I want beans on toast. :disappointed:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    Well this made me smile! And I've never had beans on toast. Is it literally beans on toast?
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Ewe gross. I googled beans on toast and yes literally beans on toast. :lol: like that big ass can of nasty beans from the Dennis the menace movie
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    I googled too.

I like beans. All kinds!

Toast, you got my vote.

I'm not sure of the two together though.

Now...spice up / enhance the beans, change up the bread/toast? We could come to a happy, belly-rubbing middle-ground.
    edited December 2015
    NOM NOM NOM
    That photo is presumably from a few months ago. Fun Fact: On Facebook's website if you go to your messages and click on the little settings wheel there's a function "view all photos in this thread" which can be incredibly useful if you're one of those people that constantly messages your bestie random shit like evidence of your breakfast being eaten. Not that I'm at all one of those people :wink:
    If I'm "cooking" it I just do English muffin, toasted, buttered, scoop o' beans (warmed on the stove) and a fried egg on top. Or just whatever sliced bread I have toasted buttered warmed beans on top. It's super messy to eat but so fucking delicious I wanna go open a can now. Damn.

Post edited by ldent42 on
    Well now, the fried egg changes everything, Miss Ident!
    hedonist said:

In a good way? lol. I'm just kidding. Fried egg can do no harm. :wink:

Foxy, I've never seen the Dennis the Menace movie, BUT don't knock it till you try it!
    Eggs for breakfast, check. Toast, check. Waffles, pancakes, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, whole grain cereal, check, check, check.

Apple pie, maybe now and then.

Beans, chilies, spaghetti, salsa, artichoke hearts, olives, any kind of tomato sauce, pickles... get any of those things near me before 12 noon and I'm running for the door! :ohstop:

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

Foxy, I've never seen the Dennis the Menace movie, BUT don't knock it till you try it!
    Ok ok true. You got me. The beans just look cold and wrong with egg!

Anyway to each their own. Glad we aren't all the same.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

No, I'm a sucker for that good fried egg business. Big time!

But no runny whites.

(and no, not meant to be racist =) )

Seriously would pay ten bucks for an Egg McMuff delivered right NOW.
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    Baked beans are good for your heart
    Baked beans make you fart
    The more you fart, the better you feel
    Baked beans for every meal!
    - Ancient Australian Proverb
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited December 2015
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I love my Samsung with Android. It has never failed me. Maybe you got a defective phone or something??

very few people that i know were able to go from iphone to android. It's just too different for them. I assumed that's what happned here.
    Nah. It wasn't difficult or too different. Part of my degree is in computer science. I've worked across many platforms over the years. Android is just glitchy as fuck. I find most software that Google develops to be absolute shit. Google Maps is about the only reliable app they have. And I will say it's inherently better than Apple Maps. I'll give credit where it's due, but it isn't due for Android.

My phone was a Galaxy S3. It completely died. Had it 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. Couldn't even get it to boot into recovery or download modes.

But I have a 7-going-on-8 year old iPhone 3G that still works like a charm. Granted, it's basically an iPod touch now, since cellular protocols have long since surpassed its telephony capabilties, but it charges, holds battery life, and operates like the day I got it. And that's on iOS 4; smooth as butter.

As for the Samsung.. It will make a nice clay pigeon the next time I take the Mossberg out.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    ldent42 said:

NOM NOM NOM
    That photo is presumably from a few months ago. Fun Fact: On Facebook's website if you go to your messages and click on the little settings wheel there's a function "view all photos in this thread" which can be incredibly useful if you're one of those people that constantly messages your bestie random shit like evidence of your breakfast being eaten. Not that I'm at all one of those people :wink:
    If I'm "cooking" it I just do English muffin, toasted, buttered, scoop o' beans (warmed on the stove) and a fried egg on top. Or just whatever sliced bread I have toasted buttered warmed beans on top. It's super messy to eat but so fucking delicious I wanna go open a can now. Damn.

I would throw this down my gullet any time after cocktails and a run around NYC (esp in an Irish Pub). Put beans on my plate any other time EVER and I would not eat anything on it. Bangers and Mash (even with beans) after 3 am is like heaven!
    Kinda reminds me of Train Spotting...early in the morning, having breakfast with the parents....Spud!!!!! LOL....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I love my Samsung with Android. It has never failed me. Maybe you got a defective phone or something??

very few people that i know were able to go from iphone to android. It's just too different for them. I assumed that's what happned here.
    Nah. It wasn't difficult or too different. Part of my degree is in computer science. I've worked across many platforms over the years. Android is just glitchy as fuck. I find most software that Google develops to be absolute shit. Google Maps is about the only reliable app they have. And I will say it's inherently better than Apple Maps. I'll give credit where it's due, but it isn't due for Android.

My phone was a Galaxy S3. It completely died. Had it 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. Couldn't even get it to boot into recovery or download modes.

But I have a 7-going-on-8 year old iPhone 3G that still works like a charm. Granted, it's basically an iPod touch now, since cellular protocols have long since surpassed its telephony capabilties, but it charges, holds battery life, and operates like the day I got it. And that's on iOS 4; smooth as butter.

As for the Samsung.. It will make a nice clay pigeon the next time I take the Mossberg out.
    That happened to my nexus s. annoyed the piss out of me but I'd already had it for a few years so someone bought me a galaxy to replace it. Birthday or Christmas or something.
    and fwiw, I didn't mean to imply that it's got something to do with tech savviness or ability or intelligence or any of that crap. The platforms are just so different (though less so now) that it's like a mindfuck to switch. Put an iphone in my hand I'm literally useless. My friend has one and wanted me to do something while she was driving - I might as well have been a plumber sent to fix a chimney.

It's funny to see the Samsungs get recommended. I'm actually thinking of jumping off Samsung next phone. I got the S5 recently cuz Sprint really wanted to give me a new phone for free so I figured I'd let 'em. I don't get the hype. I don't have the time at the moment to devote to rooting and screwing around with mods so I just tossed all the bloat into a subfolder. I really, really, really hate the bloat, though.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited December 2015

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have no glitch problems at all with it and find the apps to work well and be reliable, so really have to disagree, though I don't know how the experiences are so different! Although I started wth a Nexus S and then straight to a Galaxy S5. Both great. Maybe it was just the GS3 that sucked....
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    bonjour have a nice day..
    have to go am busy..
  • PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I have no glitch problems at all with it and find the apps to work well and be reliable, so really have to disagree, though I don't know how the experiences are so different! Although I started wth a Nexus S and then straight to a Galaxy S5. Both great. Maybe it was just the GS3 that sucked....
    That could very well be. I know a few other people that have or had S3's, and we've all had issues. Regardless, I've never had much luck with any Samsung electronics - TV's, hard drives, phones... everything I've ever bought from them has died well before it should.
    edited December 2015
    she wont tell you if you dont have faith in ones strength there are no flaws...just intelligence
    psalms 7;9...always