Random Thoughts take II

I was thinking about the two antennas who met on a roof, fell in love, and were married. The wedding was nothing special, but the reception was terrific.
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :get_outta_here:
    ELITIST FUK
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Some jewelry store commercial just came on - "all she wants is a ring".

Really? I don't.

So fuck you and your marketing campaign.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    Is it spring yet? (I know, we need the rain but I'm craving warm weather!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I thought there was a thread like this but couldn't find it. That what I get for trying to do anything requiring any kind of brain power in the early morning hours, :lol:

Maybe we can dump this thread for that one since it came first.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    this thread is about thoughts though...the other one is about anything
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    good night/bonsoir
    have a lovely day
    im going to sleep
    to dream.. :)
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    edited December 2015
    Brian can I jump in on your thread? Ib have no idea where to ask this question. I wanted to get the hubs disturbed tix for his bday and I dropped the ball. The 2 MI dates are sold out.

When I go to ticketmaster resale tix show up.

So anyways. Question is has anyone bought "resale" tix from ticketmaster? Are the tix still thru ticketmaster? I'm assuming it's legit right? It has to be.....?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Brian can I jump in on your thread? Ib have no idea where to ask this question. I wanted to get the hubs disturbed tix for his bday and I dropped the ball. The 2 MI dates are sold out.

So anyways. Question is has anyone bought "resale" tix from ticketmaster? Are the tix still thru ticketmaster? I'm assuming it's legit right? It has to be.....?

You are buying from stinging essentially...pretty sure you are 'protected' from scams, but I have heard of stories about people not getting tickets, they get a refund but some people are literally outside the venue without tickets. This happenens more commonly with high demand tickets. You can wait for day of show, and prices tend to drop.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited December 2015
    FoxyRedLa said:

Yes, still through ticketmaster, and totally legit. The original buyer is out of the picture once they go back for resale on TM. TM basically repossesses the tix after the buyer hands them back for TM resale. It certainly is quite the fucking racket they have set up!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    RKCNDY said:

FoxyRedLa said:

You are buying from stinging essentially...pretty sure you are 'protected' from scams, but I have heard of stories about people not getting tickets, they get a refund but some people are literally outside the venue without tickets. This happenens more commonly with high demand tickets. You can wait for day of show, and prices tend to drop.
    Hmmm. Ok. I wonder. They must not be transferred electronically. Thanks!
    PJ_Soul said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Yes, still through ticketmaster, and totally legit. The original buyer is out of the picture once they go back for resale on TM. TM basically repossesses the tix after the buyer hands them back for TM resale. It certainly is quite the fucking racket they have set up!
    Well I wonder if this is worth it for $100 a tic. Thanks!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    im hot
    I like to think I'm hot too :cowboy:
    Self-awareness is a wonderful thing. It grows, evolves, as we live and contemplate how we live. How we want to live.

Get that window into yourself, who you are, how you act. How you treat yourself and others. Learn that shit and live it. At least try.

Insight, right?

Social media has ruined much of that. Seems it's become mostly physical self-awareness, like a facade. Pose just so, catch the shot (FILTER!) and post that motherfucker so others can confirm the narcissism is a-ok.

I'm also pissed about the whole concept of self-driving cars but I'll save that (not-so-random) rant for another time =)
    aren't narcissitic people generally diagnosed as being psychotic?

- Christopher McCandless
    hedonist said:

I like to think I'm hot too :cowboy:

;)

Would any one object if we added another, say, four to six hours to a day? :look_at_the_time:

brianlux said:

Would any one object if we added another, say, four to six hours to a day? :look_at_the_time:

If those are work hours then yes lol
    edited December 2015
    brianlux said:

yes, because then we would be forced to work longer days...studies have shown that if workdays were only 6 hours production would be up, because most people will goof off for about 2 hours to milk the clock.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

yes, because then we would be forced to work longer days...studies have shown that if workdays were only 6 hours production would be up, because most people will goof off for about 2 hours to milk the clock.
    Exactly right..
    Ok well I have to go something came up
    RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

JWPearl said:

RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

Exactly right..
    Ok well I have to go something came up
    I'm feeling pretty wiped out from a busy day. Tomorrow I'll probably agree with you both!

Random thought for this evening: Ratatouille.

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Ratatouille...I love the movie, not the dish :lol:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    unfortunately im going to go to bed in 3 hours
    bc i cant sleep until im certain my daughters home safe from the concert
    so im hopping off the net now and listening to music..
    bonsoir..
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,524
    RKCNDY said:

aren't narcissitic people generally diagnosed as being psychotic?

I think psychotics are narcissistic, but narcissists aren't necessarily psychotic.

my sister is a narcissist, and to my knowledge isn't psychotic.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

bacon dippers are baconny, but not so baconny that you feel ashamed when you eat an entire box while binge-watching Scandal.

www.headstonesband.com

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm thinking of something orange. Something orange ....
    Jason P said:

Why does nothing rhyme with orange? And why aren't grapes called purples?

brianlux said:

Jason P said:

Why does nothing rhyme with orange? And why aren't grapes called purples?
    when I was at Sunfest 93 to see PJ, there's a Canadian band that was called Rhymes With Orange. Some drunk dude next to me was yelling at the top of his lungs "Dorange! Dorange rhymes with orange!". Me and my buddies could do nothing but laugh.

www.headstonesband.com

Sprunkn7 said:

Ratatouille...I love the movie, not the dish :lol:

I make a mean ratatouille. It can be so delicious! Served on rice - YUM.
    Sewcrates, Haggle, Cleoptera, Frood. Great men and women of history.