Options

Jenner Woman of the Year

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I seen that Jenner was named woman of the year. Does anyone think this is a slap in the face of women? Especially since he has not been a she for more than a year. I would think that the two women who went through Ranger School might have been a better choice or someone who did something more than for a publicity stunt. I know that there are more pressing issues in the world but I wanted to know peoples thoughts. I also posted a reply to the Jenner in AET, but I thought it was more appropriate here.

I agree. He hasn't been a woman for even a year. I briefly watched part of a Kardashian episode where before he had the change, in which Kim was at his house approving of outfits. He was talking about how hard it was to find heels in a size 11 or 12, and also how tedious make-up, shaving, waxing, etc.----just how much time goes into looking picture perfect. So atleast he understands and appreciates it. But it still takes more than half a year to EARN what it really means to be a woman. He'll never even have a period or have to go through menopause for Christ's sake! Kudos to him for coming out and spending thousands of dollars on surgeries to live the life he wants, but Woman of the Year?---sorry, no can do.
    Just to clarify, Caitlin's been a woman for way more than a year, just out as a woman for six months or however long. Also, she's a public figure, some coming out was going to be public, not a publicity stunt.

If your brother was on a reality show, and you sort of had a ancillary role on his show, but then the producers saw that you were an obsessed Pearl Jam fan and they offered you your own show to feature your cool PJ fandom, would you turn it down?

I'm not criticizing her reality tv or publicity issues here. I'm making a good point that a true woman goes through periods, painful cramps, labor that tears up her body, menopause, etc. Its just a very bit extreme to offer her an award like that. But I could really care less altogether. Maybe the award actually lies in the extreme nature of her surgery and the lengths one want to publicly become a woman. I don't know--I'm so confused that some of the girls on here could actually be totally okay with her getting the award. But then like someone on here said, some of the awards shows are really only about what's popular at the time.
    I don't feel like a single thing that you listed about what makes someone a true woman is true. As a woman, I completely disagree that things like having your period or cramps or having a baby is what makes a person a true woman.
    so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

I seen that Jenner was named woman of the year. Does anyone think this is a slap in the face of women? Especially since he has not been a she for more than a year. I would think that the two women who went through Ranger School might have been a better choice or someone who did something more than for a publicity stunt. I know that there are more pressing issues in the world but I wanted to know peoples thoughts. I also posted a reply to the Jenner in AET, but I thought it was more appropriate here.

I agree. He hasn't been a woman for even a year. I briefly watched part of a Kardashian episode where before he had the change, in which Kim was at his house approving of outfits. He was talking about how hard it was to find heels in a size 11 or 12, and also how tedious make-up, shaving, waxing, etc.----just how much time goes into looking picture perfect. So atleast he understands and appreciates it. But it still takes more than half a year to EARN what it really means to be a woman. He'll never even have a period or have to go through menopause for Christ's sake! Kudos to him for coming out and spending thousands of dollars on surgeries to live the life he wants, but Woman of the Year?---sorry, no can do.
    Just to clarify, Caitlin's been a woman for way more than a year, just out as a woman for six months or however long. Also, she's a public figure, some coming out was going to be public, not a publicity stunt.

If your brother was on a reality show, and you sort of had a ancillary role on his show, but then the producers saw that you were an obsessed Pearl Jam fan and they offered you your own show to feature your cool PJ fandom, would you turn it down?

I'm not criticizing her reality tv or publicity issues here. I'm making a good point that a true woman goes through periods, painful cramps, labor that tears up her body, menopause, etc. Its just a very bit extreme to offer her an award like that. But I could really care less altogether. Maybe the award actually lies in the extreme nature of her surgery and the lengths one want to publicly become a woman. I don't know--I'm so confused that some of the girls on here could actually be totally okay with her getting the award. But then like someone on here said, some of the awards shows are really only about what's popular at the time.
    I don't feel like a single thing that you listed about what makes someone a true woman is true. As a woman, I completely disagree that things like having your period or cramps or having a baby is what makes a person a true woman.
    so what does?

100% what the brain identifies as.
    From now on refer to me as a cat. 100% serious, no kidding.

*meow*
    Do you realize how insulting that is? For decades bigots have linked homosexuality with bestiality, and done so with the intent of conveying the deepest insult possible.
    I understand that isn't exactly what is happening here, but it is in a similar enough vein to be offensive, on top of being idiotic.
    Watch out gambs you're going to be accused of being a bully. Even if you are correct in your statement.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited December 2015

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

*meow*
    Do you realize how insulting that is? For decades bigots have linked homosexuality with bestiality, and done so with the intent of conveying the deepest insult possible.
    I understand that isn't exactly what is happening here, but it is in a similar enough vein to be offensive, on top of being idiotic.
    Watch out gambs you're going to be accused of being a bully. Even if you are correct in your statement.
    Beastiality?! Lol

Nothing to do with that. It's simply that my brain identifies myself as a cat. I have no clue what kinda crap you're into, but it's not that. Jesus wokld fry me with a lightning bolt if I tried something like that.

Meow
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

*meow*
    Beastiality?! Lol

Nothing to do with that. It's simply that my brain identifies myself as a cat. I have no clue what kinda crap you're into, but it's not that. Jesus wokld fry me with a lightning bolt if I tried something like that.

Meow
    You're safe from Jesus. He's never fried anyone. Hasn't actually ever presented himself.

Question, how old were you when you decided to be a female? How old when you decided to like boys versus girls? I know cat just happened.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited December 2015

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

*meow*
    Beastiality?! Lol

Meow
    It's so weird how your personality has changed lately, lol. I guess the previous persona wasn't working for you!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

*meow*
    Beastiality?! Lol

Meow
    It's so weird how your personality has changed lately, lol. I guess the previous persona wasn't working for you!
    Same old cat here.

Personality hasn't changed, it's just not worth the effort. I am constantly bullied, and even the mods want to give me a hard time for a simple "we know"

Being constantly abused and having my religion slandered daily wasn't fun anymore. So I post less. Any "personality" change is all in your head and yet one more thing you're simply wrong about.

Hell, they even changed my profile picture. But did I make a HUGE fuss about it like other people did? No. It hasn't even been mentioned until now.

Pretty funny how on a message board for a band who promotes freedom of speech I am restricted pretty hard from every angle. Makes no sense, but not a lot does anymore

Meow
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    callen said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

*meow*
    Beastiality?! Lol

Meow
    You're safe from Jesus. He's never fried anyone. Hasn't actually ever presented himself.

Question, how old were you when you decided to be a female? How old when you decided to like boys versus girls? I know cat just happened.
    Why is that relevant? Jenner only decided to be a woman after he murdered someone while texting and driving.

Couldn't let that be the main focus and ruin the "Kardashian name" (what a crock) so instead he went extreme and went woman. Everyone knows about that, hardly anyone knows about the murder he committed.

Media at its finest :)

And I've been a cat for a long time. I just wasn't aware I could decide to change it just by saying so. Since that's the case, I am now a cat. Or a kat. Whatever.

Meow
  • Options

callen said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

PJ_Soul said:

so what does?

*meow*
    Beastiality?! Lol

Meow

Why is that relevant? Jenner only decided to be a woman after he murdered someone while texting and driving.

Couldn't let that be the main focus and ruin the "Kardashian name" (what a crock) so instead he went extreme and went woman. Everyone knows about that, hardly anyone knows about the murder he committed.

Media at its finest :)

And I've been a cat for a long time. I just wasn't aware I could decide to change it just by saying so. Since that's the case, I am now a cat. Or a kat. Whatever.

Meow
    I heard, that just like Eddie Vedder, Caitlin Jenner along with all of the Kardashians and cats everywhere, are all illuminati
  • Options
    I heard that too. Crazy stuff
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wait - the fact that Jenner was in an accident that caused someone to die is the reason for the gender change?

Wow.

I mean, meow.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Well, in that case, you will have to be treated like a cat from here on out. You will have to get down off the furniture, lick yourself clean, eat off the floor, etc. Probably better quit your job, stop driving, and give up your money, you are a cat now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Well, in that case, you will have to be treated like a cat from here on out. You will have to get down off the furniture, lick yourself clean, eat off the floor, etc. Probably better quit your job, stop driving, and give up your money, you are a cat now.

Why? Did Jenner have a sex change? Start giving birth? Having a period?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

I didn't say you had to grow a tail, just that you had to start behaving the part.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I didn't say you had to grow a tail, just that you had to start behaving the part.
    Already begun

Meow
  • Options

rgambs said:

If you are actually a woman and you have to have a hysterectomy and can no longer have a period or get pregnant or give birth are you no longer a woman?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Hey Just a Cat... If you decide to be a cat today, girl tomorrow, boy the next day, asexual the day after, then a dog after that... We should treat you as that. It's NORMAL...
    But we will respect you as an individual, so it doesn't matter whatever you decide. Just please don't clean yourself in public... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Hey Just a Cat... If you decide to be a cat today, girl tomorrow, boy the next day, asexual the day after, then a dog after that... We should treat you as that. It's NORMAL...
    But we will respect you as an individual, so it doesn't matter whatever you decide. Just please don't clean yourself in public... :lol:

Time for a name change!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited December 2015
    Things have gotten pretty weird in here.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

I think it's gotten pretty gross. I find this talk incredibly discriminatory.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Against who? Cats?

Thanks for the support pj soul. Always there for me in my time of need.

You guys must be dog people.

Meow
  • Options
    Against transgendered people.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Against who? Cats?

Meow
    This is hysterical! Meow to you!!!
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

PJ_Soul said:

Against who? Cats?

Meow
    Pretty sad really. And sad you find it funny.
  • Options
    I doubt any of you would say these things to a trans-gendered persons face, comparing them to animals. Or laugh with someone who was making fun of them.

It's shameful. Your comments about these people are shameful.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Against who? Cats?

Meow
    I assume you're walking on the keyboard to type this. If you're going to be a cat, do it with conviction!
  • Options
    dignin said:

I doubt any of you would say these things to a trans-gendered persons face, comparing them to animals. Or laugh with someone who was making fun of them.

It's shameful. Your comments about these people are shameful.

Totally agree. Disgraceful.
  • Options
    dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Against who? Cats?

Meow
    Lighten up.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,982
    "Meow, what is so damn funny?"
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    "These pretzels are making me thirsty"!
  • Options

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Against who? Cats?

Meow
    Lighten up.
    Grow up.