Jenner Woman of the Year

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    dignin said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Things have gotten pretty weird in here.

I think it's gotten pretty gross. I find this talk incredibly discriminatory.

Against who? Cats?

Thanks for the support pj soul. Always there for me in my time of need.

You guys must be dog people.

Meow
    This is hysterical! Meow to you!!!
    Pretty sad really. And sad you find it funny.
    Lighten up.
    Grow up.
    Is this the keep a word drop a word thread?
    Let's talk about jenner.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Things have gotten pretty weird in here.

I think it's gotten pretty gross. I find this talk incredibly discriminatory.

Against who? Cats?

Thanks for the support pj soul. Always there for me in my time of need.

You guys must be dog people.

Meow
    This is hysterical! Meow to you!!!
    Pretty sad really. And sad you find it funny.
    Lighten up.
    Grow up.
    Is this the keep a word drop a word thread?
    Let's talk about jenner.
    Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    He's not a woman.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

He's not a woman.

What's your definition of gender?
  • Options
    corduroykellycorduroykelly Posts: 668
    edited December 2015
    What your born is your gender. He can't produce eggs. How about someone's DNA? DNA doesn't change. If I start speaking Spanish and only eat Mexican food can I call myself Mexican? No, because I was born Irish, Polish and white.
    Post edited by corduroykelly on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754

What your born is your gender. He can't produce eggs. How about someone's DNA? DNA doesn't change. If I start speaking Spanish and only eat Mexican food can I call myself Mexican? No, because I was born Irish, Polish and white.

Not me man, I'm Transformer Man. I'm also Tri-sexual. I'll try anything.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555

Here is what I am sure is shocking news for someone like you....

If you are born a woman and can't produce eggs you are still a woman.

If you are born a woman and get pregnant you are still a woman.

If you are born a woman and can't carry a fetus to term you are still a woman

And so on and so on and so on
  • Options

I think when you say 'what you're born is your gender', you're referring to biological sex based on sex organs. That's different than gender identity. Gender doesn't always match biological sex. Race, culture, and ethnicity aren't comparable to gender.
  • Options

That's true, I noticed you passed on the DNA comment. Forever your DNA identifies you as what you truly are.
  • Options

I think when you say 'what you're born is your gender', you're referring to biological sex based on sex organs. That's different than gender identity. Gender doesn't always match biological sex. Race, culture, and ethnicity aren't comparable to gender.
    Of course it's biological it's science. And gender does match biological again science. What I'm basing things on is science not opinion.
  • Options
    Gender doesn't always match biology, but if what you're saying is based in science, please put up some links proving your point.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Gender doesn't always match biology, but if what you're saying is based in science, please put up some links proving your point.

Right Here http://www.sexchangeregret.com/Things-Ive-Learned
    Did you know? No amount of surgery, hormone injection or anything else can, or will, change the birth gender DNA. It is absolute.

The only thing the surgeon can change is the medical record, birth records and the perception that a change took place on the operating table. A DNA test would prove no sex change took place.
    It is cosmetic.
  • Options

Did you know? No amount of surgery, hormone injection or anything else can, or will, change the birth gender DNA. It is absolute.

The only thing the surgeon can change is the medical record, birth records and the perception that a change took place on the operating table. A DNA test would prove no sex change took place.
    It is cosmetic.
    You're still confused. Biological sex (dna) and gender identification are different things.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

It is cosmetic.
    You're still confused. Biological sex (dna) and gender identification are different things.
    DING DING DING DING DING
    EXACTLY
    :joy:
  • Options
    edited December 2015

It is cosmetic.
    It doesn't matter what you identify yourself as science matters. Science is fact self identity means nothing which is my point you can't change your gender its backed by doctors and DNA. You said show me proof your DNA doesn't change I did. I'll go off what doctors, science and DNA say which have you go ahead and choose to believe what you want.
  • Options

It is cosmetic.
    It doesn't matter what you identify yourself as science matters. Science is fact self identity means nothing which is my point you can't change your gender its backed by doctors and DNA.
    What are you afraid of, Kelly?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Of course it's biological it's science. And gender does match biological again science. What I'm basing things on is science not opinion.
    Why does this bother you so much? Why does it matter what one identifies them self as?

You Christian? And yes matters.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    brianlux said:

It is cosmetic.
    It doesn't matter what you identify yourself as science matters. Science is fact self identity means nothing which is my point you can't change your gender its backed by doctors and DNA.
    You beat me to it.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    brianlux said:

It is cosmetic.
    What are you talking about? You lost the argument now you're saying I'm afraid. Hahahahaha!
  • Options

brianlux said:

It is cosmetic.
    What are you talking about? You lost the argument now you're saying I'm afraid. Hahahahaha!
    I didn't know I was in a competition! :lol:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    What are your feelings about climate change, corduroykelly?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Look at the wagons circling...

He answered a question and now everyone wants to attack him, his religion, climate concerns?

Nice...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited December 2015

PJ_Soul said:

He answered a question and now everyone wants to attack him, his religion, climate concerns?

Nice...
    No, lol, actually, I was asking because I wanted to understand his views when it comes to scientific evidence, since he is relying on that in his definition of gender. It was a prelude to a discussion about how science might be interpreted. Climate change was the first controversial thing that came to mind in terms of science. No intention of attacking his views on climate change, whatever they may be. Wrong thread.
    Why do you make it so sinister though?? Circling the wagons? Come on dude (doesn't even make sense - isn't circling the wagons about defense, not attack?).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Nice...
    Dont need help from others. Just trying to understand the position which doesn't coincide with my life experiences.

Do you feel that if you are born with a penis that you are a man and deal with it?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    edited December 2015
    PJ Soul "Circling the wagons" makes more sense right? Oops… I also don't know about the climate change Prelude that you speak of.

Callen I'm not sure what youre setting up for but I'll bite…

"Do you feel that if you are born with a penis that you are a man and deal with it?"

Yes.

My question is that everything I've read about DNA defines you so why is Corduroykelly's comment attacked? Very curious.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    jenner's a guy
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Kind of hard to believe there are so many closed minded people on a Pearl Jam fan board.
  • Options
    Everyone deserves to be who they are.
    On the same token though you can't metamorphosize in front of your own species without regard.
  • Options

Everyone deserves to be who they are.
    On the same token though you can't metamorphosize in front of your own species without regard.

Why?
    Cause you say so?

Cause it's not gods plan?
  • Options

PJ Soul "Circling the wagons" makes more sense right? Oops… I also don't know about the climate change Prelude that you speak of.

Callen I'm not sure what youre setting up for but I'll bite…

"Do you feel that if you are born with a penis that you are a man and deal with it?"

Yes.

My question is that everything I've read about DNA defines you so why is Corduroykelly's comment attacked? Very curious.

So a person that is born blind and can have surgery to fix shouldn't have it done? Just deal with it?

There are no attacks. It's debating ones side.

If one is offended due to religious beliefs or any other reason well then one should reflect why.