jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:

benjs said:

jeffbr said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

So far, Hillary has won about 440,000 more recorded votes than Bernie in California. But several independent organizations estimate that up to 3 million ballots still need to be counted, primarily mail-in and provisional ballots (which overwhelmingly skew in favor of Bernie by an estimated 40% margin).

No, Hillary has not won California. We won't know the ultimate victor until as late as July 15th. In fact, given the above numbers, it is almost certain that Bernie actually won. Don't blindly buy into the misleading media narrative.

His California victory will mean nothing if Bernie is forced to suspend his campaign before the final results are released. So while the media spreads lies and the establishment pressures Bernie to exit the race, we must keep the revolution alive.

Can you provide the source that says mail in ballots favor Bernie? That's an interesting take considering the exit polls of the mail in ballots heavily favored Hillary. Second, the same day/live voting was basically tied, which means the 400k margin was built on mail in. Seems like more fanciful Bernie supporter math that has never panned out to this day. Second, it doesn't mean one goddamm thing at the end of the day. What if Bernie wins CA 51-49 (he won't)? It doesn't change the fact that she won majority of pledged, raw votes and SD's. No matter how many times his supporters move the goal posts, the end is the same.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/june-7-new-jersey-california-primary-presidential-election-2016/
    The mere fact that there's a few million mailed in votes yet to be counted will piss every Hillarysupporter off. :lol:
    Why? As MRussell said (and backed up in the article he quoted), Sanders and Clinton were pretty even at the polls on Tuesday. That means Clinton's lead came from mail-in ballots. Why would Hillary supporters be pissed off at having more mail-in ballots still to be counted if that was where they were receiving favorable results? Sounds like they'd welcome those ballots.
    Exactly. Any reasonable statistician would extrapolate that Clinton's lead would then grow.
    Based on what happened in Washington state, the mail-in ballots favor Secretary Clinton. Senator Sanders won the state's delegates in the WA Caucus, but it was reversed for the WA Primary (although no delegates were distributed for the Primary). Why there are both formats, I don't know but it's easier for many people who can't get to a caucus to send in a ballot by mail and they did.
    True. I wouldn't mind seeing caususes go. They are impossible for people who work on weekends, single parents, disabled, etc. They reduce turnout. I think if SD's get eliminated, so will the caucus.
    The Dem caucuses here that went in favor of Bernie brought out a whopping 26,000 voters (can't remember the exact number but it was in that range). By contrast the Dem primary, which wasn't used to allocate delegates, recorded over 800,000 votes, and Hillary won that contest. Vastly different turnouts with different results from that same state.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited June 2016

Kat said:

benjs said:

jeffbr said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

So far, Hillary has won about 440,000 more recorded votes than Bernie in California. But several independent organizations estimate that up to 3 million ballots still need to be counted, primarily mail-in and provisional ballots (which overwhelmingly skew in favor of Bernie by an estimated 40% margin).

No, Hillary has not won California. We won't know the ultimate victor until as late as July 15th. In fact, given the above numbers, it is almost certain that Bernie actually won. Don't blindly buy into the misleading media narrative.

His California victory will mean nothing if Bernie is forced to suspend his campaign before the final results are released. So while the media spreads lies and the establishment pressures Bernie to exit the race, we must keep the revolution alive.

Can you provide the source that says mail in ballots favor Bernie? That's an interesting take considering the exit polls of the mail in ballots heavily favored Hillary. Second, the same day/live voting was basically tied, which means the 400k margin was built on mail in. Seems like more fanciful Bernie supporter math that has never panned out to this day. Second, it doesn't mean one goddamm thing at the end of the day. What if Bernie wins CA 51-49 (he won't)? It doesn't change the fact that she won majority of pledged, raw votes and SD's. No matter how many times his supporters move the goal posts, the end is the same.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/june-7-new-jersey-california-primary-presidential-election-2016/
    The mere fact that there's a few million mailed in votes yet to be counted will piss every Hillarysupporter off. :lol:
    Why? As MRussell said (and backed up in the article he quoted), Sanders and Clinton were pretty even at the polls on Tuesday. That means Clinton's lead came from mail-in ballots. Why would Hillary supporters be pissed off at having more mail-in ballots still to be counted if that was where they were receiving favorable results? Sounds like they'd welcome those ballots.
    Exactly. Any reasonable statistician would extrapolate that Clinton's lead would then grow.
    Based on what happened in Washington state, the mail-in ballots favor Secretary Clinton. Senator Sanders won the state's delegates in the WA Caucus, but it was reversed for the WA Primary (although no delegates were distributed for the Primary). Why there are both formats, I don't know but it's easier for many people who can't get to a caucus to send in a ballot by mail and they did.
    Hi Kat
    I swear
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Mainstream Media Didn’t Hold Back in Headlines About Clinton and Sanders

http://m.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/mainstream_media_didnt_hold_back_in_headlines_about_clinton_and_20160608

(For those of you who don't know, Truth dig is an independent media source).
    If you were one of millions of Americans who went to the polls Tuesday night in the hope of putting Bernie Sanders in the White House, you were probably disappointed with the outcome of the most recent round of primaries. But supporters of Hillary Clinton were likely thrilled, and it seems that much of the mainstream media joined in on the revelry.

Amid the onslaught of news coverage surrounding Clinton’s victories, perhaps the media was simply trying to engage readers with gripping headlines. But in an election season that has already seen complaints of media bias against Sanders, several of Tuesday night’s top headlines seemed to bask in Sanders’ defeat.

“Bernie Sanders has been vanquished,” declared Doyle McManus of the Los Angeles Times, before going on to praise Clinton’s “uncharacteristically lyrical” acceptance speech and Sanders’ failed effort to “claw the nomination” from Clinton. An opinion piece, it was posted to the LA Times Facebook page among a slew of other primary reports without any acknowledgement that it was an opinion piece.

The Huffington Post, meanwhile, published this headline before the California polls had even closed: “The Bernie Sanders Campaign Didn’t Matter.” Author Zach Carter, a senior political economy reporter for the site, focused the majority of the article on the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate, but eventually he returned to the aggressive stance of the headline and stated:

Will the campaign matter in defeat? No. Bernie Sanders did not create the movement that political pundits like to credit him with. He has, instead, spent a year serving rather effectively as the voice of people left behind by a broken economy.

Last but not least was this striking proclamation from The New York Times: “Hillary Clinton Made History, but Bernie Sanders Stubbornly Ignored It.” In this piece, authors Michael Barbaro and Yamiche Alcindor claim that Sanders “basked” and “bragged” in “a speech of striking stubbornness.” They add that party unity “is the farthest thing from his mind.”

Perhaps these headlines shouldn’t be surprising, given mainstream media’s coverage of Sanders (or lack of coverage of third-party candidates like Jill Stein) throughout the election season. But for supposedly unbiased reporters to discount the importance of Sanders’ contribution to our political system is dishonest reporting. He has mobilized millions of Americans who are disenchanted with this country’s established political system. Regardless of the next steps his campaign takes, Sanders and his supporters are not going away.

Sanders’ refusal to quietly disappear after these losses isn’t arrogant or cocky—it’s an acknowledgement of the issues Clinton still needs to address before tackling Donald Trump in the general election. Trump, whom the media love to hate, who they think drives traffic, who is a constant source of inflammatory headlines, is certainly an easier source of revenue for mainstream media than Sanders.

As much as the media would like to begin the classic good-vs.-evil coverage of Clinton and Trump, Sanders provides a third voice that deserves to be heard. Sanders himself said Tuesday night that the fight isn’t over. For the media to keep pretending that it is, and that his campaign has not contributed anything to this election season, is insulting.

—Posted by Emma Niles
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    It may be 'independent', but it doesn't make it unbiased. That's why you read left, right, center and everything in between publications. Breitbart is 'independent' but it's so biased that I can barely stomach an article.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It may be 'independent', but it doesn't make it unbiased. That's why you read left, right, center and everything in between publications. Breitbart is 'independent' but it's so biased that I can barely stomach an article.

Why am I so not surprised that from my entire post above that's all you come up with. All you know how to do is judge and criticize every single thing I post from source. And you wonder why I refuse to debate anything with you.
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Why am I so not surprised that from my entire post above that's all you come up with. All you know how to do is judge and criticize every single thing I post from source. And you wonder why I refuse to debate anything with you.
    Because these aren't new or unique arguments. There's nothing profound in there or anything I haven't seen Nina Turner say on every show that will book her. What's the point of arguing on the boilerplate Sanders view? It's red meat for you and the base, not for the rest of us.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Because these aren't new or unique arguments. There's nothing profound in there or anything I haven't seen Nina Turner say on every show that will book her. What's the point of arguing on the boilerplate Sanders view? It's red meat for you and the base, not for the rest of us.
    No, it's because you are so closed minded.
  • Options
    I think Bernie needs another bird to land.
  • Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

So if someone doesn't agree with you they are closed minded. Again, this just drips with irony.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

So if someone doesn't agree with you they are closed minded. Again, this just drips with irony.
    Not at all. You've proven by your words alone how negative and truly unwilling one can be to contemplate absolutely any idea that differs from your own Set Ideas. There's a lot to be said about meeting halfway. The fuck. I'm done. Not worth one more second
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Not at all. You've proven by your words alone how negative and truly unwilling one can be to contemplate absolutely any idea that differs from your own Set Ideas. There's a lot to be said about meeting halfway. The fuck. I'm done. Not worth one more second
    Seems there's been calm and constructive criticism (or just comments?) addressed to many of your posts, and they're either met with :rofl: , personal/condescending comments or playing victim and stomping off with your toys.

Dish it? Take it.

Be the change you want to see.

• Options
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Yes. Me and everyone here that you have annoyed to death. Every barb you write is thick with projection.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Or promise more FREE shit…..Oh wait, The old Goat spoke w/ Obummer today so a Deal is in the making.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    hedonist said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Seems there's been calm and constructive criticism (or just comments?) addressed to many of your posts, and they're either met with :rofl: , personal/condescending comments or playing victim and stomping off with your toys.

Dish it? Take it.

The only thing you've proved to be good for on here hedonist, is to attack, attempted manipulation, passive aggressive BS and the like. Nothing substantiative comes out of your posts.
    If you're not attacking your defending. And I mean that with the utmost respect.

But that could be said about just about most posters here. Just look at this thread. Hilarity at best rather than good discussion. You have a good day.

Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    muskydan said:

Or promise more FREE shit…..Oh wait, The old Goat spoke w/ Obummer today so a Deal is in the making.
    Wow. I didn't think they existed on the PJ board, but they really, really, really do. I guess I also stay out of the lunacy that is the political threads, but, wow, an "Obummer" joke (good one, by the way) and an inclusion of giving away things for free. Honestly, I award you for originality more than anything.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Obviously Bernie has cut some deals with Obama / Clinton. I doubt he did as good of a job that Clinton did when Obama made her secretary of state to drop out.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605

muskydan said:

Wow. I didn't think they existed on the PJ board, but they really, really, really do. I guess I also stay out of the lunacy that is the political threads, but, wow, an "Obummer" joke (good one, by the way) and an inclusion of giving away things for free. Honestly, I award you for originality more than anything.
    Chicago's Finest at that
  • Options

muskydan said:

I know. I hate the 'nicknames' that radicals on both sides use. Obummer. RePUKEicans, Libtards, Shillary, etc. Drives me crazy.
  • Options

muskydan said:

Chicago's Finest at that
    That guy's a cop? Makes sense then I guess.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605

muskydan said:

Chicago's Finest at that
    That guy's a cop? Makes sense then I guess.
    Indeed
  • Options
    Free said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Dish it? Take it.

The only thing you've proved to be good for on here hedonist, is to attack, attempted manipulation, passive aggressive BS and the like. Nothing substantiative comes out of your posts.
    If you're not attacking your defending. And I mean that with the utmost respect.

But that could be said about just about most posters here. Just look at this thread. Hilarity at best rather than good discussion. You have a good day.

Slow down, Sally! Talk about passive-aggressive.

As for Bernie, local news (!!!) indicating he'll be dropping out and likely endorsing Hillary. Then again, can't really trust any source, can we?

• Options
    hedonist said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Dish it? Take it.

As for Bernie, local news (!!!) indicating he'll be dropping out and likely endorsing Hillary. Then again, can't really trust any source, can we?

No, only ones that are ALTERNATIVE and EDGY...what the MAINSTREAM MEDIA don't want you to know.

Ridiculous. I just find all of these guys comments incredibly pretentious, insulting, with a touch of tin-foil hat. The irony of it all is rich.
  • Options

hedonist said:

Free said:

hedonist said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Dish it? Take it.

No, only ones that are ALTERNATIVE and EDGY...what the MAINSTREAM MEDIA don't want you to know.

Ridiculous. I just find all of these guys comments incredibly pretentious, insulting, with a touch of tin-foil hat. The irony of it all is rich.
    Like I was saying... irony and projection.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am a total Bernie supporter.

Free, mrussel has been calm and rational and he has only been reporting the objective truth as he ( all the facts available agree with him) sees it.
    This talk of close-mindedness is absolutely ridiculous coming from you, who quotes polls when it suits you and otherwise discount any polls or math that disagree with your set viewpoint. You talk of rallies and shame people for ignoring your point, while you ignore 3 million votes with the same breath!

I didn't understand what a Bernie-bro was for the longest time, I just didn't see it. All I saw was normal folks like me and my wife who want to work for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice. I didn't see bullies and obstinant radicals out of touch with reality, but I am seeing the truth now. Bernie-bros are real, and above all else, they are hypocrites for supporting Bernie's ideals and using Trump's tactics.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

I know. I hate the 'nicknames' that radicals on both sides use. Obummer. RePUKEicans, Libtards, Shillary, etc. Drives me crazy.
    Me too. It may be the most annoying thing in AMT for me. It's just so stupid and infantile.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Free, mrussel has been calm and rational and he has only been reporting the objective truth as he ( all the facts available agree with him) sees it.
    This talk of close-mindedness is absolutely ridiculous coming from you, who quotes polls when it suits you and otherwise discount any polls or math that disagree with your set viewpoint. You talk of rallies and shame people for ignoring your point, while you ignore 3 million votes with the same breath!

I didn't understand what a Bernie-bro was for the longest time, I just didn't see it. All I saw was normal folks like me and my wife who want to work for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice. I didn't see bullies and obstinant radicals out of touch with reality, but I am seeing the truth now. Bernie-bros are real, and above all else, they are hypocrites for supporting Bernie's ideals and using Trump's tactics.

See, it IS possible to have different views and still find common ground.

Cheers, gambo :)
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Holy shit, you're one to talk. The gang up mentality of the AMT forum is unbelievable. Keep it up.

I've asked Russell several times to at the very least acknowledge facts to no dismay. None of your business anyway but let's keep the gang up mentality. Class act people here.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Holy shit, you're one to talk. The gang up mentality of the AMT forum is unbelievable. Keep it up.

I've asked Russell several times to at the very least acknowledge facts to no dismay. None of your business anyway but let's keep the gang up mentality. Class act people here.
    Everything RG says is absolutely dead on. Plus, you can't post an opinion piece and call it 'facts'. That Emma Niles piece you posted above is a perfect example. It's a synthesis about how you feel, so good for you, but that doesn't make the piece unassailable. And for me to assail it is to waste everyone's time.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    edited June 2016
    This thread is a heartbeat away from being closed because you all refuse to talk about the topic and keep talking about each other. Take your personal comments to PM and keep them off of the forum. See the Posting Guidelines or risk your accounts being read-only.
    Admin

It's closed for now, may reopen later. Do not start a new thread.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.