Options

Bernie Sanders for President

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706

Lil Bernie Flakes lived in rent control apartment.
    Of course he did. Fleecing the landlord on sub market rate rents.
    Tuh

Tell me when you're coming to a Northwest show. I want to meet you. You're hilarious. Seriously, Republicans need friends, too!
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    I'm sure you have seen me around
  • Options
    Just missed RNDM at Croc by a week.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    I work so hard for people and all I get is "dandruff this and, dandruff that." If only they knew...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

Lil Bernie Flakes lived in rent control apartment.
    Of course he did. Fleecing the landlord on sub market rate rents.
    Tuh

Tell me when you're coming to a Northwest show. I want to meet you. You're hilarious. Seriously, Republicans need friends, too!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TbZZYMooLnQ
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Ha! Dr. Bruce Banner himself working for Bernie in the spin room. You go, Ruffalo!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Bernie fly private jet?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited March 2016

Go to Sweden

Sweden's freakin beautiful. I'd go if I could.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Go to Sweden

Sweden's freakin beautiful. I'd go if I could.
    Just watch it thou...I know someone that bumped into a women at a restaurant in Sweden and he was wanted for rape charges. Women was affiliated with cia not sure if that had anything to do with it.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The only thing that bothered me in the debate was when he said white people don't know how it is to be poor. A friend of mine said something like: Just as I was beginning to like this candidate, he says something like that.
    He must have misspoken, but grrr. The rest of the debate was awesome, I thought. I also liked that he made his stance on fracking clear.
  • Options

The only thing that bothered me in the debate was when he said white people don't know how it is to be poor. A friend of mine said something like: Just as I was beginning to like this candidate, he says something like that.
    He must have misspoken, but grrr. The rest of the debate was awesome, I thought. I also liked that he made his stance on fracking clear.

Surprises me...anyone have the quote and context in which this was said.
  • Options
    Bernie 1994 crime bill

https://youtu.be/LTn3jUoMdVI
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    JC29856 said:

Surprises me...anyone have the quote and context in which this was said.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-ghetto_us_56dce712e4b03a405679062b
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Agreed. No one is perfect. But of course are going to hold politicians to a higher standard.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Bernie commenting on white people not knowing what poor is

https://youtu.be/z6IlGoeDIUQ
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    JC29856 said:

Bernie commenting on white people not knowing what poor is

https://youtu.be/z6IlGoeDIUQ

Yeah, it's pretty clear that he's speaking from a BLM stance. There's really no need to be really upset about what he said considering the context.
  • Options

Interesting
    The question was about racial blind spots, was he saying he doesn't know what it's like to be poor or was he saying the girl he met with was telling him "you don't know what it's like to be poor"?

Without looking it up 10% of whites live in poverty and 25% of blacks live in poverty. The poverty line is ridiculously low but that's another topic.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited March 2016
    Definitely a huge mis-step. I think I know what he meant, but the way he said it sounds awful. Gives plenty of ammo to his opponent(s) in a race where he needs to nearly be perfect, needs Hillary to trip up, and needs to get lucky.

Unfortunately, the AFC Championship has come down to a contest of Bernie trying to convince minorities to not vote against their own interests... despite their payed-off leaders telling them to vote against their own interests.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    I don't know where to post this, but...

they just played two pj songs at the rally in Ann Arbor

:glasses:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Go to Sweden

Go to Iran.
  • Options
    Lil Bernie Flakes - This is YUUUGE NEWS

There were already minor signs of stress within the campaign, which has kept up a punishing schedule in recent weeks. Sanders appeared to snap in South Carolina when his wife Jane tried to brush dandruff from his suit, urging her to stop and prompting visible tension on stage.

And the phenomenal rallies in other parts of the country – undoubtedly a sign of real passion among supporters – could be misleading in other ways.

In a suburb of Boston on the night before Super Tuesday, Sanders, who came straight from a 6,200-mile tour taking in nine cities in eight states in just three days, took one look at another big crowd and declared: “I look around here and I think we’re going to win.”

But many began to leave before the end of the speech as the poorly ventilated venue became uncomfortably warm. Not all of those who stayed were dyed-in-the-wool supporters. In common with the other venues that accommodated 40,000 supporters over the weekend, it was busy but there was no need for the usual overflow space.

Earl Fay, a 47-year-old local resident who brought his children along, admitted he was there largely for the spectacle, but was unconvinced by the practicalities of revolution.

“I love much of what he has to say and would love to see things like a $15 minimum wage,” he said. “But I work with the homeless, training people for jobs, and that would mean I would suddenly have to find 50% more money to pay for the trainers. It’s just not as easy as he makes it sound.

sniffing the real.....on the GUARDIAN

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/02/bernie-sanders-revolution-white-african-american-voters

• Options
    The dandruff on Bernie's suit jacket won the debate.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    Ok, enough about the dandruff and other comments that are closer to trolling than political discussion. Everyone...and I mean everyone...no matter who the candidate is, should show an adult discussion here of the various candidates even if you don't like them or what they are proposing. Let's get on the issues please instead of name-calling and just making nasty comments. It doesn't become you and it's important to elevate the discussion. Thanks.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    dt is just running so hil will win

bai.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Ok, enough about the dandruff and other comments that are closer to trolling than political discussion. Everyone...and I mean everyone...no matter who the candidate is, should show an adult discussion here of the various candidates even if you don't like them or what they are proposing. Let's get on the issues please instead of name-calling and just making nasty comments. It doesn't become you and it's important to elevate the discussion. Thanks.

Lol
  • Options
    You should probably take down the entire thread of Cruz for president, or drumpf, or Romney,

One sided censorship. It's ok. Carry on. Ban me.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    And I Mean Everyone!

Tuh
  • Options
    NRA tweet

Sen. Sanders was spot-on in his comments about gun manufacturer liability/PLCAA
  • Options
    "What you're really talking about is ending gun manufacturing in America. I don't agree with that"

Feel the Bern
This discussion has been closed.