Options

Bernie Sanders for President

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,840
    Good to see the positive Bernie vibes going strong. We can do it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited March 2016
    muskydan said:

Hey Bern, enjoy today because tomorrow your campaign is over. You may want to stay awake after your Blue-plate special dinner tonight...

You guys ready to start jumping on the Hildabeast train? That will have to be real difficult for some of you I am sure….

Ageism.
    Bernie is younger than my dad, and my dad is fit and vital. Stop being an ageist.
    BTW, Bernie is only 5 years older than Trump.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Bernie! My dude. It's hard to make a convincing argument about important topics like dismantling Wall Street and predatory lending when everyone's distracted by your 'lil Bernie sprinkles.

• Options
    not my words, but so true. he has to drop out so you can start believing in making America "Whole" again.
  • Options
    Lil Bernie Sprinkles BUMP

• Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

Lil Bernie Sprinkles BUMP

My town yesterday was like living in a snow globe--of little Bernie Sprinkles :) I think I would take freedom flakes anyday over right-wing corporate corruption. WoOT!
  • Options
    Mathematically he is out.
    But he will stick around until the end to express the dems values to a broader audience.
    Good for him.
    POTUS not going to happen
  • Options
    It ain't over 'till it's over. Besides, this is just the start.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    It is just the start of the Hilary and Trump Battle for POTUS.
    Bernie is out.
  • Options
    It'll be what it'll be. I'm still moving forward 'cause... "I'm on this road for the rest of my life."

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Bernie is out.

That just isn't true, the super delegates' votes aren't actually tallied until the convention, and they can change their minds as much as they want.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    brianlux said:

It ain't over 'till it's over. Besides, this is just the start.

It's certainly not over...but I don't think we are really at the start any longer either.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    One thing I don't want to see Bernie become is what Hillary and her campaign became in 2008. Saying that you will fight all the way to the convention is fine for now, even appropriate. But if/when comes the time when it clearly is over, I do hope he will bow out gracefully. Clinton stayed technically alive that year long after she was beaten by rallying a coalition of old guard feminists, racist Democrats, and Republicans in open primary states. Bernie is better than that. By far.

• Options
    rgambs said:

Bernie is out.

That just isn't true, the super delegates' votes aren't actually tallied until the convention, and they can change their minds as much as they want.
    I don't have exact numbers/data to back me up but I am just going by the consensus of some news stations saying mathematically he is out.
    I thought it was the Repub convention where they can change their minds to suit there fancy at a whim.
    Dems too?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Mathematically he is out.
    But he will stick around until the end to express the dems values to a broader audience.
    Good for him.
    POTUS not going to happen

Respectfully, you're wrong.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Bernie is out.

I don't have exact numbers/data to back me up but I am just going by the consensus of some news stations saying mathematically he is out.
    I thought it was the Repub convention where they can change their minds to suit there fancy at a whim.
    Dems too?
    exactly my point. The media has been saying he's out for sometime now and it's simply not true.
  • Options
    Free said:

rgambs said:

Bernie is out.

Dems too?
    exactly my point. The media has been saying he's out for sometime now and it's simply not true.
    I see what you are saying.
    It's tough to filter all the shit on the news.
    From my single interpretation it seems the "press" is not focused on Sanders therefore it seems to lead to a belief that he is not possible to win POTUS.
    I know this is a funny question but would all the newstations "lie" by saying Sanders is out mathematically?
    Sanders does not seem to counter this charge.
  • Options

Free said:

rgambs said:

Bernie is out.

Dems too?
    I see what you are saying.
    It's tough to filter all the shit on the news.
    From my single interpretation it seems the "press" is not focused on Sanders therefore it seems to lead to a belief that he is not possible to win POTUS.
    I know this is a funny question but would all the newstations "lie" by saying Sanders is out mathematically?
    Sanders does not seem to counter this charge.
    He doesn't need to counter this charge. His supporters prove that it's not true. Mathematically he's raise more money through donors, individual donors than anyone. He's made record money in the month of February alone.
  • Options
    ^^^
    I'm not talking about money.
    Mathematically he can't get the delegates needed to secure the nomination.
  • Options

^^^

That's not true
  • Options
    Free said:

^^^

That's not true
    Well that is what is being reported.
    Tell me how it's wrong and how he can win the magic number.
  • Options
    Is this article incorrect?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/22/us/politics/delegate-count-leaving-bernie-sanders-with-steep-climb.html?_r=0

If it is then we are all being lied to on a global scale.
  • Options
    Of coarse it is being reported! The media does not want him to win, the media is owned by corporate interests therefore they're backing Hillary. I have to look it up I posted an article re: this. In essence, eight years ago we were right here the same place. Hillary had superdelegates 3 to 1 over Obama.
  • Options
    Free said:

Of coarse it is being reported! The media does not want him to win, the media is owned by corporate interests therefore they're backing Hillary. I have to look it up I posted an article re: this. In essence, eight years ago we were right here the same place. Hillary had superdelegates 3 to 1 over Obama.

It would be very easy for sanders party to report how many delegates he has and how many more he needs to win.
  • Options

Free said:

It would be very easy for sanders party to report how many delegates he has and how many more he needs to win.
    Yes. Look it up.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    You need 2,382 to win, right now Hilary has 609 and Bernie has 412, so he's not even close to being mathematically eliminated. If you add in superdelegates it's 1,066 to 432, which still isn't even close to mathematically eliminating him but also doesn't necessarily matter because they can flip their vote before the convention.
  • Options
    This is from the beginning of the third paragraph from the above article.
    Mrs. Clinton has 502 delegates to Mr. Sanders’s 70; 2,383 are needed to win the nomination. These numbers include delegates won in state contests and superdelegates, who can support any candidate.

Who is right? You or?
  • Options
    Bernie absolutely has more than 70. That looks like pre-Super Tuesday numbers.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Bernie absolutely has more than 70. That looks like pre-Super Tuesday numbers.

You're right.
    It's confusing with all different numbers being reported.
    http://rtn.asia/g-c/17809/hillary-clinton-wins-453-delegates-vs-284-for-bernie-sanders-in-us-democratic-presidential-primary-results
This discussion has been closed.