Options

Paris Attacks

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Nanou said:
    aww poor Diesel. RIP.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

"Drilling for fear makes the job simple."

Republicans are sooo happy this fell into their laps.

Imagine saying Syrian Christians can come but not Syrian Muslims. Oh boy. Doesn't seem to be all constitutional now does it.

For you to say "Republicans are sooo happy about this" is beneath contempt but I guess not unexpected. Conservatives are always enemy number 1 on the AMT.
    Have you been paying attention to the things they have been saying? How could you see them salivating and tripping over themselves to capitalize on this politically and not think they are happy about it?
    This is the huge problem with the current state of political discourse. When you can only see conservative critique of current policy as trying to capitalize on a tragedy instead of an actual discussion on how to proceed then we as society will never succeed. You must put aside your cynicism and general contempt of conservatives to actually listen to the arguments they are trying to make. Again to suggest that people are happy about this attack because they might achieve an electoral advantage is beyond the pale.
    I have listened to plenty of their idiotic arguments.

Here is a perfect example.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2015/11/pence-syrian-refugees?_h=851bab94-ab5c-432f-81d5-28fe2cbf6bb4
    What is idiotic about not accepting refugees "pending assurance from the federal government that proper security measures have been achieved". It has been verified that the screening process is broken. This is good governance and not fear mongering.
    Where is OUR process broken? You know american not canadian.
    I thought we were Global Citizens? Did that concept end with the festival?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    People on here think I'm happy about this because it furthers my "agenda"

http://www.i24news.tv/en/mobile#content/92861

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

Imagine saying Syrian Christians can come but not Syrian Muslims. Oh boy. Doesn't seem to be all constitutional now does it.

For you to say "Republicans are sooo happy about this" is beneath contempt but I guess not unexpected. Conservatives are always enemy number 1 on the AMT.
    Have you been paying attention to the things they have been saying? How could you see them salivating and tripping over themselves to capitalize on this politically and not think they are happy about it?
    This is the huge problem with the current state of political discourse. When you can only see conservative critique of current policy as trying to capitalize on a tragedy instead of an actual discussion on how to proceed then we as society will never succeed. You must put aside your cynicism and general contempt of conservatives to actually listen to the arguments they are trying to make. Again to suggest that people are happy about this attack because they might achieve an electoral advantage is beyond the pale.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2015/11/pence-syrian-refugees?_h=851bab94-ab5c-432f-81d5-28fe2cbf6bb4
    What is idiotic about not accepting refugees "pending assurance from the federal government that proper security measures have been achieved". It has been verified that the screening process is broken. This is good governance and not fear mongering.
    Yeah, different countries are going to have different processes. Obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

How about answering the question.

Where is the American refugee settlement process broken?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Here is an example:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/terrorists-refugee-program-settle-us/story?id=35252500

Again...this doesn't suggest all refugees are terrorists but we are getting to the point where the crazy racist Democrats are stating to behave that way

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/18/pro-hillary-mayor-makes-the-most-shocking-argument-yet-for-denying-syrian-refugees/

This hillary supporter is calling for internment!
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Mastermind of Paris attack just confirmed DEAD. The French Police lit this MF'er up so much they could only confirm who he was through DNA.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Here is an example:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/terrorists-refugee-program-settle-us/story?id=35252500

Again...this doesn't suggest all refugees are terrorists but we are getting to the point where the crazy racist Democrats are stating to behave that way

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/18/pro-hillary-mayor-makes-the-most-shocking-argument-yet-for-denying-syrian-refugees/

This hillary supporter is calling for internment!

Hmm you answered a where WAS it broken question.

Lets try again. Where IS it broken?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191
    muskydan said:

Mastermind of Paris attack just confirmed DEAD. The French Police lit this MF'er up so much they could only confirm who he was through DNA.

One left on the run.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

:mic drop:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    edited November 2015

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

Are you being serious? Because that comment was pretty weak in this context.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

Are you being serious? Because that comment was pretty weak in this context.
    I thought it was hilarious
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    my coworker is convinced this will be WW3. yeah, because fear mongering american media says so.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

my coworker is convinced this will be WW3. yeah, because fear mongering american media says so.

How do you respond to crap like that? I almost feel a civic duty to inform them of how stupid they are.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    Seems like democrats and republicans are in agreement about the refugees:
    source: http://news.yahoo.com/house-gop-bill-bolster-checks-syrian-refugees-084327089--politics.html
    Forty-seven Democrats joined all but two Republicans as the House passed the measure by a veto-proof 289-137 margin, a major setback to the lame duck president on an issue —the Islamic State group and the refugees fleeing it — that shows no signs of easing. The vote exceeded the two-thirds majority required to override a veto, and came despite a rushed, early morning visit to the Capitol by senior administration officials in a futile attempt to limit Democratic defections.

Thursday's roll call came six days after a burst of bombings and shootings in Paris killed 129 people, wounded many more and revived post-9/11 jitters in the U.S. and Europe. The attacks have turned the question of admitting people fleeing war-torn Syria and Iraq into a high-stakes political issue in both the United States and Europe, and many congressional Democrats were willing to vote against Obama for fear of angering voters nervous about security at home.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

source: http://news.yahoo.com/house-gop-bill-bolster-checks-syrian-refugees-084327089--politics.html
    Forty-seven Democrats joined all but two Republicans as the House passed the measure by a veto-proof 289-137 margin, a major setback to the lame duck president on an issue —the Islamic State group and the refugees fleeing it — that shows no signs of easing. The vote exceeded the two-thirds majority required to override a veto, and came despite a rushed, early morning visit to the Capitol by senior administration officials in a futile attempt to limit Democratic defections.

Thursday's roll call came six days after a burst of bombings and shootings in Paris killed 129 people, wounded many more and revived post-9/11 jitters in the U.S. and Europe. The attacks have turned the question of admitting people fleeing war-torn Syria and Iraq into a high-stakes political issue in both the United States and Europe, and many congressional Democrats were willing to vote against Obama for fear of angering voters nervous about security at home.

The 47 Democrats who backed the bill, largely moderates and lawmakers facing potentially tough re-elections, were joined by 242 Republicans. Voting no were 135 Democrats and two Republicans, North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones and Iowa Rep. Steve King.

"re-election" is key....sucks but that's politics

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

How do you respond to crap like that? I almost feel a civic duty to inform them of how stupid they are.
    he said "they're already talking about it at G20". I said "yeah, maybe they are talking about how to contain the threat, but how do you go to war against an idea? it's not like it's confined to a geographical jursidiction, and no one went to war with Germany until they had millions of troops invading other countries. ISIS doesn't even have a miniscule fraction of that number, not to mention they are blowing themselves up in the process".

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    muskydan said:

how do they know his dna in the first place ??
    just wondering.............
  • Options

he said "they're already talking about it at G20". I said "yeah, maybe they are talking about how to contain the threat, but how do you go to war against an idea? it's not like it's confined to a geographical jursidiction, and no one went to war with Germany until they had millions of troops invading other countries. ISIS doesn't even have a miniscule fraction of that number, not to mention they are blowing themselves up in the process".

Exactly. And terror attacks are a tactic in a larger violent political fight.

How do you fight a tactic?

• Options
    JWPearl said:

muskydan said:

and this is TV crime drama-style DNA testing that only takes an afternoon. seems a bit odd to me.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    America is killing me. Why do we gotta make everything about us? This shit happened in France, the refugee situation is mostly in Greece France etc and then you got Germany and Austria stepping up - I know that we volunteered to take a teeny weeny fraction in but like what the fuck with this vote.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options

JWPearl said:

muskydan said:

and this is TV crime drama-style DNA testing that only takes an afternoon. seems a bit odd to me.

Prints. Reporting has said via fingerprints.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

JWPearl said:

muskydan said:

Prints. Reporting has said via fingerprints.
    well that makes a lot more sense.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ldent42 said:

America is killing me. Why do we gotta make everything about us? This shit happened in France, the refugee situation is mostly in Greece France etc and then you got Germany and Austria stepping up - I know that we volunteered to take a teeny weeny fraction in but like what the fuck with this vote.

That's how republicans get their jollies...lots of posturing

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913

mcgruff10 said:

The 47 Democrats who backed the bill, largely moderates and lawmakers facing potentially tough re-elections, were joined by 242 Republicans. Voting no were 135 Democrats and two Republicans, North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones and Iowa Rep. Steve King.

"re-election" is key....sucks but that's politics
    good point bud. politics does suck. I think i'm gonna run for office and be a moderate democrat. I definitely have some republican points of view and lots of democrat pov.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The dems that support it are saying that the security processes in the bill weren't really out of the ordinary. It could also be a case where the repubs are just publicly posturing more than the bill itself.

• Options
    I've just seen this on FB and while I know it's just ludicrous rhetoric it's too hilarious for me not to share here. To be crystal clear - I have no idea who the quoted person is nor what that website is I just saw it and it made me laugh so I'm sharing. image
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Oh well...I just can't laugh about a single one of those topics anymore ... :tired_face:
  • Options
    But it's a good point. I don't actually find it funny. This whole issue is absolutely 100% infuriating to me.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

I've just seen this on FB and while I know it's just ludicrous rhetoric it's too hilarious for me not to share here. To be crystal clear - I have no idea who the quoted person is nor what that website is I just saw it and it made me laugh so I'm sharing. image

I was thinking about this the other day.

On this forum...

You have some gun opponents demanding gun legislation that are in full support of refugees regardless of any inherent risk factors: basically saying 'why punish the many for the actions of a few'.

And you have some gun proponents opposing gun legislation that are opposed to accepting Syrian refugees: basically saying, 'we can't assume the risk'.

Quite the irony, really, using an argument used against you in one context for you in another.
    "My brain's a good brain!"