Options

Paris Attacks

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    edited November 2015
    I question whether anyone in congress is a critical thinker. Seems to me you would seek to know what the current process is and go from there. But then that makes sense so I guess leaves congress out.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    ldent42 said:

I've just seen this on FB and while I know it's just ludicrous rhetoric it's too hilarious for me not to share here. To be crystal clear - I have no idea who the quoted person is nor what that website is I just saw it and it made me laugh so I'm sharing. image

Exactly. Regulate better in both instances, no need for a straight up ban.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ldent42 said:

America is killing me. Why do we gotta make everything about us? This shit happened in France, the refugee situation is mostly in Greece France etc and then you got Germany and Austria stepping up - I know that we volunteered to take a teeny weeny fraction in but like what the fuck with this vote.

You know that whole "love it or leave it" thing?

The pendulum for me is swinging ever closer to "leave it" these days.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    dankind said:

ldent42 said:

America is killing me. Why do we gotta make everything about us? This shit happened in France, the refugee situation is mostly in Greece France etc and then you got Germany and Austria stepping up - I know that we volunteered to take a teeny weeny fraction in but like what the fuck with this vote.

I'm thrilled to be Commie Canadian.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Why did it take until Russia joined attacking ISIS that they finally went after their cash cow, the oil refineries? I assumed the US had been doing that, but I guess not.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    callen said:

"Drilling for fear makes the job simple."

Republicans are sooo happy this fell into their laps.

Imagine saying Syrian Christians can come but norm Syrian Muslims. And this is acceptable. USA USA USA.

Who is drilling? Train attack, took down a plane,
    dankind said:

ldent42 said:

You think the USA is becoming more conservative???? That is absurd.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    dankind said:

ldent42 said:

I've had my mind made up about it for ages. I just can't actually do anything about it while I've got a disabled senior dependant on me. For practical reasons I'm thinking west coast Canada.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

I've had my mind made up about it for ages. I just can't actually do anything about it while I've got a disabled senior dependant on me. For practical reasons I'm thinking west coast Canada.
    Love to have you, but you realize we won't have your guns don't you?

What's the upside to that? Well... you won't feel like you'll need them if it's any consolation!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

You think the USA is becoming more conservative???? That is absurd.
    I can live with conservatism (and have for a little over half my life). It has nothing to do with conservative or liberal; it has to do with preferring a culture of mindfulness over one of willful ignorance. Politics plays a role (but not a major one).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The political bitter-banter in this thread is driving me nutty. No one wants to focus on the primary problem and creating a solution.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

JWPearl said:

muskydan said:

Mastermind of Paris attack just confirmed DEAD. The French Police lit this MF'er up so much they could only confirm who he was through DNA.

how do they know his dna in the first place ??
    just wondering.............
    and this is TV crime drama-style DNA testing that only takes an afternoon. seems a bit odd to me.

i dont know what to say............wow perhaps :confounded:
  • Options

ldent42 said:

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

What's the upside to that? Well... you won't feel like you'll need them if it's any consolation!
    You got me mixed up with someone else. I've never even touched a gun.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

I was going to say.... Ident ain't no gun nut. ;)

Come on up! We need more PJ fans in the Vancouver area.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

Sorry!

I do have you mixed up with someone else. Chalk it up to me being a moron!

Gun or no gun... you're still welcome, eh!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

I was going to say.... Ident ain't no gun nut. ;)

Come on up! We need more PJ fans in the Vancouver area.
    The Vancouver Whitecaps are second place in the western conference - hmmmmmm lol
    Back on track!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

muskydan said:

Mastermind of Paris attack just confirmed DEAD. The French Police lit this MF'er up so much they could only confirm who he was through DNA.

how do they know his dna in the first place ??
    just wondering.............
    and this is TV crime drama-style DNA testing that only takes an afternoon. seems a bit odd to me.

i dont know what to say............wow perhaps :confounded:
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Jason P said:

The political bitter-banter in this thread is driving me nutty. No one wants to focus on the primary problem and creating a solution.

Good point, Jason. And I don't mean to put anyone down for anything said here (nice to be able to do so, right?) so where do we go from here?

Here's what I think-
    Primary problem: Cultural bias mixed with intolerance mixed with religious beliefs stemming from old traditions mixed with limits to a broad education mixed with resource acquisition and power.

Creating solution:
    Start humanely lowering human population/ encourage and facilitate adoption of children in need of parents.

Lower consumption of resources (a whole big deal right there).

Share our cultures with each other (dig my music, I dig yours).

Stop fighting. Yeah, fighting is natural and comes with the territory of being an animal. But to stop fighting is not as hard as it sounds if we really think about it. Because we can.. Think about it.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

"Drilling for fear makes the job simple."

Republicans are sooo happy this fell into their laps.

Imagine saying Syrian Christians can come but not Syrian Muslims. Oh boy. Doesn't seem to be all constitutional now does it.

For you to say "Republicans are sooo happy about this" is beneath contempt but I guess not unexpected. Conservatives are always enemy number 1 on the AMT.
    Have you been paying attention to the things they have been saying? How could you see them salivating and tripping over themselves to capitalize on this politically and not think they are happy about it?
    This is the huge problem with the current state of political discourse. When you can only see conservative critique of current policy as trying to capitalize on a tragedy instead of an actual discussion on how to proceed then we as society will never succeed. You must put aside your cynicism and general contempt of conservatives to actually listen to the arguments they are trying to make. Again to suggest that people are happy about this attack because they might achieve an electoral advantage is beyond the pale.
    I have listened to plenty of their idiotic arguments.

Here is a perfect example.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2015/11/pence-syrian-refugees?_h=851bab94-ab5c-432f-81d5-28fe2cbf6bb4
    What is idiotic about not accepting refugees "pending assurance from the federal government that proper security measures have been achieved". It has been verified that the screening process is broken. This is good governance and not fear mongering.
    Where is OUR process broken? You know american not canadian.
    I thought we were Global Citizens? Did that concept end with the festival?
    :mic drop:
    Are you being serious? Because that comment was pretty weak in this context.
    I thought it was hilarious
    Thanks. People have a hard time with funny on here.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

But it's a good point. I don't actually find it funny. This whole issue is absolutely 100% infuriating to me.

Agree with the infuriating as well though for it is a world war and people refuse to recognize...it has been for years. An enemy has engaged globally but we have yet decided to fully label the enemy or respond appropriately. Gunmen have just taken 170 hostages in Mali, American teenager killed in Israel yesterday along with four others, all this on top of the countless number of attacks that began on a regular basis since before this message board even existed. It is time for people on here to wake up to this fact. Until then it is impossible to even discuss solutions.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,313
    ldent42 said:

dankind said:

ldent42 said:

I'm thinking back to Chile for me lol really really thinking about it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191
    If you want and can donate to the families of the victims, here is the info. It's in French but there's a tweet in English in the middle.

ouifm.fr/josh-homme-fait-un-appel-aux-dons-pour-les-victimes-du-13-novembre/
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I was just watching the news in our hotel room "house defies Obama and holts refugees" it's about time somebody pulled their heads out of their ass's and stood up to that clown to stop the flood of terrorism into our country, and more needs to be done.

Godfather.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

But it's a good point. I don't actually find it funny. This whole issue is absolutely 100% infuriating to me.

Agree with the infuriating as well though for it is a world war and people refuse to recognize...it has been for years. An enemy has engaged globally but we have yet decided to fully label the enemy or respond appropriately. Gunmen have just taken 170 hostages in Mali, American teenager killed in Israel yesterday along with four others, all this on top of the countless number of attacks that began on a regular basis since before this message board even existed. It is time for people on here to wake up to this fact. Until then it is impossible to even discuss solutions.
    what is horrible with these terrorists most of all is they are not afraid to die so negotiating is futile :confounded:
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

my coworker is convinced this will be WW3. yeah, because fear mongering american media says so.

How do you respond to crap like that? I almost feel a civic duty to inform them of how stupid they are.
    he said "they're already talking about it at G20". I said "yeah, maybe they are talking about how to contain the threat, but how do you go to war against an idea? it's not like it's confined to a geographical jursidiction, and no one went to war with Germany until they had millions of troops invading other countries. ISIS doesn't even have a miniscule fraction of that number, not to mention they are blowing themselves up in the process".

It's not like it's confined to a geographical jurisdiction... Someone please explain that to Obama... Cause he thinks they are contained... Somehow he needs to think outside the box sometimes...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    PP193448 said:

my coworker is convinced this will be WW3. yeah, because fear mongering american media says so.

How do you respond to crap like that? I almost feel a civic duty to inform them of how stupid they are.
    he said "they're already talking about it at G20". I said "yeah, maybe they are talking about how to contain the threat, but how do you go to war against an idea? it's not like it's confined to a geographical jursidiction, and no one went to war with Germany until they had millions of troops invading other countries. ISIS doesn't even have a miniscule fraction of that number, not to mention they are blowing themselves up in the process".

It's not like it's confined to a geographical jurisdiction... Someone please explain that to Obama... Cause he thinks they are contained... Somehow he needs to think outside the box sometimes...
    The caliphate is contained geographically.

Highly doubt it was meant to reference the ideology, which is what I think you guys are referring to.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

PP193448 said:

The caliphate is contained geographically.

Highly doubt it was meant to reference the ideology, which is what I think you guys are referring to.

I hope so. There's no way to fight the ideology. Reform of Islamic culture would be needed. Stopping refugees will not stop the ideology, it just calms the mass hysteria of bringing terrorism into the US, regardless if it is truly possible with the vetting process.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

I've just seen this on FB and while I know it's just ludicrous rhetoric it's too hilarious for me not to share here. To be crystal clear - I have no idea who the quoted person is nor what that website is I just saw it and it made me laugh so I'm sharing. image

The big problem with purchasing guns is that the vetting process is a joke. As long as you have no criminal background and are of legal age, you can buy a gun. There should be some requirement for psychological background check.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Odd thing is that most of the Paris Islamic terrorists, according to reports, seemed to be addicts to drugs and alcohol.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Odd thing is that most of the Paris Islamic terrorists, according to reports, seemed to be addicts to drugs and alcohol.

Ban drugs and alcohol.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Ban drugs and alcohol.
    Islam would very much like that, which is why it is so odd.