Options

Backpack and messenger bag in goods

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,901
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    I got mine today. It's a nice backpack...though now that I've got it here, I'm not sure I woulda pulled the trigger on it, if I had to do it over again.

Patagonia is a good brand...but 129 might be a bit too pricey for this bag. Just my opinion...

The colors are starting to grow on me. The navy blue and neon green kinda remind me of the Seahawks color scheme.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

PJ20 Patagonia backpack in 2011 way better.
    new one has shit colors and for $130??

Nami said:

PP193448 said:

Busting people about backpacks, but buying quilts is cool. That's damn funny right there... What's next, you guys wanting PJ snuggies... :get_outta_here:

I could use a quilt.
    I could use a snuggie.

I have never used a backpack in my entire life.

so say you go overnight some wheres or you go away for 2 days.... what do you use? suitcase, garbage/grocery bag?
    Yeah that's it.
    I am a 50 year old grown man, who travels with a garbage bag.

You have figured me out.
    Snort! Hahaha!! Damn!! Hahaha!!
    Not only have I never owned a backpack. Up until yesterday I can't remember having the need to discuss backpacks.

And now this morning I Google. .."Should adults wear backpacks"

I have been entertained for an hour now.
    I am happy to see there are others in this world who have never owned a backpack. HAHA
    You don't hike or go camping then?
    Never been hiking.
    My idea of camping? There had better be a hot shower within 100 yards of the campsite.
    But yes I have slept outdoors in a tent, more than once. No backpack was required.
    Gotcha! "Glamping" is your thing then.

Get the man a quilt!!!
    Not really glamping. But I surely am not eating tree bark and wiping with leaves, either.
    I would say what I call camping would be somewhere in between. hahaha

I cook on an open fire
    I sleep in a tent
    I build a fire(using a bic lighter)
    I fish
    But there has to be a pool with chlorine on the campsite, and a hot shower.
    :rofl: maybe you just need to spread some hummus on that tree bark
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891

I got mine today. It's a nice backpack...though now that I've got it here, I'm not sure I woulda pulled the trigger on it, if I had to do it over again.

Patagonia is a good brand...but 129 might be a bit too pricey for this bag. Just my opinion...

The colors are starting to grow on me. The navy blue and neon green kinda remind me of the Seahawks color scheme.

Isn't it black?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

Isn't it black?
    Last night, the majority of it looked navy blue to me. But as I got into the light of day this morning, I see the front is pretty much black. The bottom and the side bottle holders are navy blue. There's some navy blue on the back too. Coincidentally, the tag on the bag says it's navy blue. But, it's definitely mostly black.

Meh. But if you kinda squint, it's totally Seahawk colors! :)

• Options

Isn't it black?
    Last night, the majority of it looked navy blue to me. But as I got into the light of day this morning, I see the front is pretty much black. The bottom and the side bottle holders are navy blue. There's some navy blue on the back too. Coincidentally, the tag on the bag says it's navy blue. But, it's definitely mostly black.

Meh. But if you kinda squint, it's totally Seahawk colors! :)

Okay thanks. Pic in the shop looks black.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    I really like both of them and think they look great, the color combo is really fresh and modern. They are very functional with plenty room. The backpack can easily fit gym closes, lunch, computer, and other stuff one might have to drag to work with them.
    They are both very light weight witch makes a difference if you're carrying a lot of stuff.
    A little pricey but the quality is there.... you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    I received mine yesterday and I like it a lot. It is a very, very dark blue. For those who have it hold it up against something black and you'll see what I mean. It is essentially waterproof (except the seams which are very nearly so) and is very functional in it's design. It was a bit of money...true...but it is Patagonia. Look at the seams..all taped. To all of the naysayers...I worked in the outdoor retail industry for a number of years and Patagonia was and still is one of the best designed and manufactured product out there. I do wish the band's name was embroidered as opposed to printed on. I imagine time will tell how well that hangs on.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    FYI tag says "navy blue" on it

My eyes deceived me
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

Hey, that's a Great Picture of Speedy. What show was that at??? :)

There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Got it today. Great pack. It will hold a lot of stuff. Has a padded laptop/tablet sleeve.
    I like it.
  • Options
    FYI - Backpack is available on the bay for only 189.00 lol
  • Options
    Sooo...

When does the 10C start a bitching thread titled: 'Please 10C community... buy these extra backpacks we have seeing as you demanded them'?

Everybody pisses and moans when they release limited edition stuff that they can't get their hands on- crying that they should have produced more. But here's one example how they simply cannot win: don't produce enough... listen to people moan... produce too much... put the extras up on your shelves and prepare for the next mystery item sale.

Cue the 'this is why everything needs to be a presale' comments.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149

Sooo...

When does the 10C start a bitching thread titled: 'Please 10C community... buy these extra backpacks we have seeing as you demanded them'?

Everybody pisses and moans when they release limited edition stuff that they can't get their hands on- crying that they should have produced more. But here's one example how they simply cannot win: don't produce enough... listen to people moan... produce too much... put the extras up on your shelves and prepare for the next mystery item sale.

I'd like more A/V goods myself.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848

Sooo...

stuff sells when it isn't hideous.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited November 2015

Sooo...

They have only been in the shop for 9 days. Seems a little soon to be declaring it a failure, no? Just because something doesn't sell out in a day, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. That these things are still in the shop after more than a week is perfectly okay. If they are still there a year from now, then your point will have some merit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Sooo...

They have only been in the shop for 9 days. Seems a little soon to be declaring it a failure, no? Just because something doesn't sell out in a day, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. That these things are still in the shop after more than a week is perfectly okay. If they are still there a year from now, then your point will have some merit.
    The backpack frenzy was nearly insufferable.

They've offered something comparable- the quality is awesome... the aesthetics debatable- and they will likely be stuck with leftover merchandise.

I've tried to make this point before with other stale items- I just thought I'd try again with a fresher and more relevant item. Why? I dunno. Just never one to back off easily I guess.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629

PJ_Soul said:

Sooo...

They've offered something comparable- the quality is awesome... the aesthetics debatable- and they will likely be stuck with leftover merchandise.

I've tried to make this point before with other stale items- I just thought I'd try again with a fresher and more relevant item. Why? I dunno. Just never one to back off easily I guess.
    I'm all for never backing off easily. ;)
    Well, we'll see. I think they'll eventually sell out of these things. People who bought them are now posting positive reviews, Christmas is coming, etc.... But they could have been designed or selected to better fit the general culture of the fan base, that's for sure. These things aren't very Pearl Jammy!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sooo...

I'm all for never backing off easily. ;)
    Well, we'll see. I think they'll eventually sell out of these things. People who bought them are now posting positive reviews, Christmas is coming, etc.... But they could have been designed or selected to better fit the general culture of the fan base, that's for sure. These things aren't very Pearl Jammy!
    Exactly. It's all about the aesthetic quality of the bag. Most people are finding it lacking.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

Sooo...

stuff sells when it isn't hideous.

This. If the bag looked good I'd buy it. Both are plain ugly
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,440
    I like it.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    edited November 2015
    If you see me in Rio with it say hello.
  • Options

If you see me in Rio with it say hello.

If I was there I would. Nobody says Hello though...
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Well the backpack just passed the fashionable in style test. My pre-teen who could care less about Pearl Jam just saw the backpack and said "that's cool looking, can I take it to school"? I'll take a kid's opinion over and adult's any day on what looks good or not.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    what does the back pack look like and i tell you what i honestly think
  • Options
    dlymnfld said:

Well the backpack just passed the fashionable in style test. My pre-teen who could care less about Pearl Jam just saw the backpack and said "that's cool looking, can I take it to school"? I'll take a kid's opinion over and adult's any day on what looks good or not.

You going to start wearing Hello Kitty sneakers soon? Ha.
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

It is in goods section. It is growing on me. It is pretty functional.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

JWPearl said:

It is in goods section. It is growing on me. It is pretty functional.
    thanks..
    i checked it out
    the back pack is NICE nothing wrong with it at all and i dont mind it
    but the man bag is absolutely yukky sorry pj but it also looks as
    though it would scratch easily, but thats just my opinion..
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    edited November 2015
    You going to start wearing Hello Kitty sneakers soon? Ha.

First off, 12 year olds don't wear hello kitty and second of all, I've seen many people at PJ shows who I assume are the ones posting and most of them still dress like it's still 1990. Half the people on here probably wish they were made of flannel and plaid. Again, I'll take a kid's opinion on what's fashionable in 2015.
    Post edited by dlymnfld on
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22