Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can actually think of some cases where I would support it. Like blocking loggers from clear cutting an endangered old growth forest. Or preventing workers from entering a slaughterhouse found to be using inhumane practices... I could think of tons of instances like that, where I would think it's righteous to be keeping people from their jobs and making their livelihoods. Obviously it's not black and white... and obviously I don't think the "cause" of the idiot truckers is righteous... Hell, it's not even logical.
    Everyone thinks their cause is righteous though, that's why they are there.  But the law is the law and if you break the law, you should be prepared to suffer the consequences.  That's why I brought up MLK.  There was no more righteous clause than his, but he was prepared to go to jail, even when he wasn't impeding commerce, or whatever.  

Yes, of course, I agree that if someone is breaking the law they need to be prepared to suffer the consequences... I mean... in part, that is part of the meaning of their protest. It says that their cause is worth that risk.
    And yes, lol, everyone thinks their own cause is righteous, no matter how stupid it may be, and how little sense it makes. That, though, doesn't mean a cause can't be judged. Not all causes are equal, not all protests are equal. They are judged and dealt with on a case-by-case basis, because that's what makes sense. That is the kind of thing that makes life (and governing) hard I guess, lol.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

We use to be a country that let the courts sort this out…not politicians.  That’s what they do in China.  Oh wait, Trudeau admires China..

Hmmm,.

people who support this are disgusting human beings…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094

We use to be a country that let the courts sort this out…not politicians.  That’s what they do in China.  Oh wait, Trudeau admires China..

Hmmm,.

yes, we know....and the liberals are the ones with a hate/rage problem. sure.....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

Hmmm,.

You admire Russia.  Do you think that makes you some sort of A+ human being?  Holodomor, Chechnya, Georgia, Katyn Forest, Crimean Tatars, Kulaks.

I can go on and on with the Russian genocidal activities.  And you defend them.  
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    https://tnc.news/2022/02/16/trudeau-condemned-around-the-world-for-moving-to-crush-protests/

Trudeau condemned around the world for moving to crush protests

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    so now you're quoting the condemnation by a few random celebrities and conservative politicians from Brazil and the US? HAHAHAHA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    https://tnc.news/2022/02/16/trudeau-condemned-around-the-world-for-moving-to-crush-protests/

Trudeau condemned around the world for moving to crush protests

Oh look, Senator Marsha Blackburn condemns the protesters.  Here's what she said about protesters in the US

Sen. Marsha Blackburn saying Black Lives Matter is a "movement to wipe out our history, destroy our families and burn our country to the ground”

You'll have to forgive everyone here for not being moved by her support for your terrorists, or any of the other nobodies who are 'condemning' Trudeau. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blackburn-rips-blms-trained-marxists-as-threat-to-us-day-after-calling-on-omar-to-resign
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can actually think of some cases where I would support it. Like blocking loggers from clear cutting an endangered old growth forest. Or preventing workers from entering a slaughterhouse found to be using inhumane practices... I could think of tons of instances like that, where I would think it's righteous to be keeping people from their jobs and making their livelihoods. Obviously it's not black and white... and obviously I don't think the "cause" of the idiot truckers is righteous... Hell, it's not even logical.
    Everyone thinks their cause is righteous though, that's why they are there.  But the law is the law and if you break the law, you should be prepared to suffer the consequences.  That's why I brought up MLK.  There was no more righteous clause than his, but he was prepared to go to jail, even when he wasn't impeding commerce, or whatever.  

Exactly this!
  • Options
  • Options
    you always know what the opinion of someone is going to be when they have "lover of liberty" in their bio. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Russia (and Fox News) LOVES them some dumb Canadian truckers. Eh!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    someone is proven again and again as a russian stooge and he still doesn't know it. haha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I don’t agree with this…but guarantee you that provinc
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Now the racist, misogynist piece of human garbage is an anti-Semite … you guys sure pick winners…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2022
    I don’t agree with this…but guarantee you that provinc
    The same rules should definitely apply to anyone using the same “protest” tactics.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are you claiming that MLK’s Montgomery bus boycott or the garbage men strike, in Birmingham, I believe, or the lunch counter sit ins didn’t impede commerce? Not that he could be at every protest but he most certainly Encouraged peaceful protest that turned violent, not because of the righteous cause but because of white society’s reaction to it. Sometimes it’s what it takes and let’s not pretend all causes are righteous or equal.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    someone is proven again and again as a russian stooge and he still doesn't know it. haha
    U.I.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    U.I.
    ?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,492
    Very interesting reading today with some really good insights.

I really wish I had posted the column I read in the National Post (can’t even remember the author now) about how many people have flip flopped on their stances on dealing with protesters. For clarity, I’m as guilty as anyone in this, I wanted the rail blockades dealt with by the authorities, my change in stance came about because of what I considered to be the precedent set by the rail blockades (among others). Thanks to those that posted clips and quotes illustrating the flip flops.

I still don’t think a proper case was made for enacting the Emergencies Act (I was wrongly including Measures in the name, lol), but based on the words of the cabinet ministers I saw today, this is the new precedent, for better or worse. Maybe when the Liberals finally bring the plans and so on to Parliament there will be evidence shown to convince me.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719
    edited February 2022
    See... your posts like this don't just show the negativity of Trudeau it shows the negativity of both parties.

Here is an example of how multiple things can be truthful at the same time based on your clip:

Has Trudeau been dumb for trying to paint the entire Conservative caucus with the same brush?  Yes. 
    Is it a political tactic? Yes.
    Is it harmful to the country? Yes. 
    Are the Conservatives twisting his words? Yes.
    Are they (and you) mislabeling him? Yes. 
    Is that harmful to the country? Yes. 

Honestly... these question periods are always the same thing. It's like watching a group of toddlers blame each other for stealing each other's snacks. 

Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,492
    Parksy said:
    See... your posts like this don't just show the negativity of Trudeau it shows the negativity of both parties.

Here is an example of how multiple things can be truthful at the same time based on your clip:

Has Trudeau been dumb for trying to paint the entire Conservative caucus with the same brush?  Yes. 

Honestly... these question periods are always the same thing. It's like watching a group of toddlers blame each other for stealing each other's snacks. 

I tune in sometimes for QP and am always quickly reminded why it’s not regular viewing, I like your comparison to toddlers, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Parksy said:

I've always thought QP was such a waste of valuable time. we pay these people to sit and bitch about each other to their parent (speaker), as you said, like toddlers (all sides). it's so stupid and wasteful. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    U.I.
    ?
    Urinary Track Infection.....sorry, Useful Idiot. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Are you claiming that MLK’s Montgomery bus boycott or the garbage men strike, in Birmingham, I believe, or the lunch counter sit ins didn’t impede commerce? Not that he could be at every protest but he most certainly Encouraged peaceful protest that turned violent, not because of the righteous cause but because of white society’s reaction to it. Sometimes it’s what it takes and let’s not pretend all causes are righteous or equal.
    No,  I'm saying even MLK understood that he was going to be arrested and was prepared for it. And no cause was more righteous. 
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Give Peas A Chance…