Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    O'Toole refused to answer whether he would leave abortion rights alone. That on its own disqualifies him. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    erebus said:
    Or maybe have your say with your vote?
    We’re also supposed to be able to interact with our politicians directly. I sent Trudeau’s office numerous messages over the last six years. Not once was it acknowledged at all. I emailed my local MP (a Liberal) and heard back directly in a couple days. I don’t necessarily expect a personal reply from the nation’s PM, but why even allow messages to be sent if the impression one is left with is that they have been ignored? That only leads to frustration and eventually anger.

Although, your question is equally applicable to the statue vandalizers and church arsonists, but that hasn’t been the message to those groups. Some of us believe that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, lol.
    one group is oppressed and had genocide committed against them, the other group is pissed they have to wear masks and get a vaccine to see a movie. 

no, these are in no way equal. not even in the slightest. 
    So one violence is acceptable and another isn’t? It really is that simple. If they’re not equal before the law (as seems to be the case) then this society has no interest in equality and I become even more fearful for the future. I understand First Nations issues are hot-button problems at the moment, all the more reason to solve them rationally (voting and social activism) rather than via violence.

I’ll suggest that any innocent families that happened past some of these statue topplings might have felt unsafe in the moment. And burn down any other religious building and it’s instantly a hate crime.

But throwing pebbles at a “leader” who is doing everything he can to divide society is too far? Again, I don’t agree with the act, but if we’re calling arson “understandable” then so is this. I get that most of you haven’t been subject to 6 years of scorn and derision from Trudeau, but that’s a wrong that is occurring in real-time, not historical. My Prime Minister has spent 6 years saying I’m a bad Canadian because of my political/social beliefs, but I don’t expect sympathy for this in this particular forum, lol. (And speaking of my Trudeau Derangement Syndrome, he’s clearly suffering from Harper Derangement Syndrome since he continues to campaign against him, lol.)

And I’ll say it again, Trudeau is Trump, more on display than ever with his conspiracy theories he’s broadcasting.
    Haha, really?
    Yes, really. It may have turned into a bit of a ramble, but it is how I feel. It is funny how there was no outrage (probably because it was barely reported on) when Bernier was egged last week.

So we’ve established that no one agrees with throwing pebbles at politicians (though some of us may have an understanding as to the why), what are peoples’ thoughts on Trudeau’s current rhetoric? Responsible? Dangerous? Desperate?
    Right, and responsible. I want to see more of it. Makes me want to vote for his party.

I'm fucking done with these anti masker/vaccine assholes. They are putting my 3 and 6 year old kids at risk.

The country is not divided on this. Over 80% of Canadians agree on this. That's not division.

Also, using the word pebbles is ridiculous.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    erebus said:
    We’re also supposed to be able to interact with our politicians directly. I sent Trudeau’s office numerous messages over the last six years. Not once was it acknowledged at all. I emailed my local MP (a Liberal) and heard back directly in a couple days. I don’t necessarily expect a personal reply from the nation’s PM, but why even allow messages to be sent if the impression one is left with is that they have been ignored? That only leads to frustration and eventually anger.

Although, your question is equally applicable to the statue vandalizers and church arsonists, but that hasn’t been the message to those groups. Some of us believe that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, lol.
    one group is oppressed and had genocide committed against them, the other group is pissed they have to wear masks and get a vaccine to see a movie. 

So one violence is acceptable and another isn’t? It really is that simple. If they’re not equal before the law (as seems to be the case) then this society has no interest in equality and I become even more fearful for the future. I understand First Nations issues are hot-button problems at the moment, all the more reason to solve them rationally (voting and social activism) rather than via violence.

I’ll suggest that any innocent families that happened past some of these statue topplings might have felt unsafe in the moment. And burn down any other religious building and it’s instantly a hate crime.

But throwing pebbles at a “leader” who is doing everything he can to divide society is too far? Again, I don’t agree with the act, but if we’re calling arson “understandable” then so is this. I get that most of you haven’t been subject to 6 years of scorn and derision from Trudeau, but that’s a wrong that is occurring in real-time, not historical. My Prime Minister has spent 6 years saying I’m a bad Canadian because of my political/social beliefs, but I don’t expect sympathy for this in this particular forum, lol. (And speaking of my Trudeau Derangement Syndrome, he’s clearly suffering from Harper Derangement Syndrome since he continues to campaign against him, lol.)

And I’ll say it again, Trudeau is Trump, more on display than ever with his conspiracy theories he’s broadcasting.
    Haha, really?
    Yes, really. It may have turned into a bit of a ramble, but it is how I feel. It is funny how there was no outrage (probably because it was barely reported on) when Bernier was egged last week.

So we’ve established that no one agrees with throwing pebbles at politicians (though some of us may have an understanding as to the why), what are peoples’ thoughts on Trudeau’s current rhetoric? Responsible? Dangerous? Desperate?
    Right, and responsible. I want to see more of it. Makes me want to vote for his party.

I'm fucking done with these anti masker/vaccine assholes. They are putting my 3 and 6 year old kids at risk.

The country is not divided on this. Over 80% of Canadians agree on this. That's not division.

imagine if it were O toole or Singh being pelted with "pebbles". LOL. they'd start decrying the "violent left" and whatnot and how Trudeau is to blame for it. 

yeah, I don't get this nonsense about "most divisive PM ever". he's actually matured from "super nice guy PM" to "taking no more shit". and I'm down with it. 

I'll be voting Trudeau again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,677
    Zod said:
    I do feel like every country has it's percentage of crazies.  I feel like here in Canada our percentage is lower than other countries, especially the US?

I think one of the hard parts of the 21st century is how much exposure vocal minorities get.  Sometimes a very small percentage of the population has the ability to make something appear more significant than it is.
    ^ This.. This applies to SO, SO much. That and the lack of fact checking. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    erebus said:

Haha, really?

Using the word rock (as it was initially presented here) is equally disingenuous. Can we settle on using gravel?
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    'I'm pro-choice,' O'Toole says as abortion issue emerges on the campaign trail | CBC News

O'Toole is against aborting based on sex...nothing wrong with that.  

Anyways the abortion issue has been settled since 1988 and the liberals and their bought and paid-for media need wedge issue.

Notice Trudeau isn't discussing his failed 6 years as PM...

Hey at least he has nice hair and socks...lmfao
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    'I'm pro-choice,' O'Toole says as abortion issue emerges on the campaign trail | CBC News

O'Toole is against aborting based on sex...nothing wrong with that.  

Anyways the abortion issue has been settled since 1988 and the liberals and their bought and paid-for media need wedge issue.

Notice Trudeau isn't discussing his failed 6 years as PM...

Hey at least he has nice hair and socks...lmfao
    read your own link. 

O'Toole also recently voted against a bill introduced by a fellow Conservative caucus member that would have banned "sex-selective" abortions. While most Conservative MPs backed the legislation, O'Toole did not.

"I'm pro-choice and I'm a pro-choice leader, period," O'Toole told reporters today at an Ottawa campaign stop.

"Let me be perfectly clear. As a pro-choice leader of this party, I will make sure that we defend the rights of women to make the choice for themselves with respect to their own health. We will make sure abortion services are available from one ocean to the other."

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and failure? ridiculous. from the national post, September of 2019:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/a-look-at-policy-areas-scrutinized-by-a-new-book-on-the-trudeau-government

In short, the experts found that by March of this year Trudeau’s government had entirely followed through on about 50 per cent of its pledges, partially delivered on about 40 per cent and had broken roughly 10 per cent.

I'd say that's pretty fucking successful. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on the other hand, O'Toole has flip flopped, what, 3 times now, whether he's going to keep assault rifles banned or not?

yeah, what a leader. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Has the RCMP started an investigation into pebble gate?  Surely throwing pebbles at the pm is a crime? Yes/no?  If no, then obviously our past legislature’s did not  want to make throwing pebbles illegal because they envisioned a time when there’d be a need to throw pebbles…or why has no arrest been made?  Cameras everywhere?  Hmmmmm…. Maybe those very sneaky liberals are the pebble tossers…hmmmm.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,552
    I shudder at the thought of the o tool is a tool jokes we'd get!
  • Options
    Has the RCMP started an investigation into pebble gate?  Surely throwing pebbles at the pm is a crime? Yes/no?  If no, then obviously our past legislature’s did not  want to make throwing pebbles illegal because they envisioned a time when there’d be a need to throw pebbles…or why has no arrest been made?  Cameras everywhere?  Hmmmmm…. Maybe those very sneaky liberals are the pebble tossers…hmmmm.
    It’s fallen to local authorities to investigate. There must be footage that captures the tosser since I read an article (in The Sun, I think) that identifies the guy as a Bernier supporter.

The clip I saw of Bernier getting egged looks like it was filmed for social media so finding him and charging him with assault as well shouldn’t be too difficult.

• Options
    and there it is. pathetic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    and there it is. pathetic. 
    Maybe it was Antifa!!! 

• Options
    It’s fallen to local authorities to investigate. There must be footage that captures the tosser since I read an article (in The Sun, I think) that identifies the guy as a Bernier supporter.

The clip I saw of Bernier getting egged looks like it was filmed for social media so finding him and charging him with assault as well shouldn’t be too difficult.
    If they got video then I wonder why no arrest?  Now admittedly I haven’t followed pebblegate like I should.

I got pebbles tossed at me when I was a kid.  I now feel traumatized.  

I am more fascinated by liberal story telling about how O’Toole will take  Canada back to the 1880s.  I believe the liberals know this because they have hired O’Toole code breakers and now know he speaks in code to his followers and what he is saying…very frightening stuff.

None of this pebble throwing and egg tossing would have been possible without an election that was unnecessary brought to us by our Mr. Blackface PM…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

If they got video then I wonder why no arrest?  Now admittedly I haven’t followed pebblegate like I should.

I got pebbles tossed at me when I was a kid.  I now feel traumatized.  

I am more fascinated by liberal story telling about how O’Toole will take  Canada back to the 1880s.  I believe the liberals know this because they have hired O’Toole code breakers and now know he speaks in code to his followers and what he is saying…very frightening stuff.

None of this pebble throwing and egg tossing would have been possible without an election that was unnecessary brought to us by our Mr. Blackface PM…
    I would guesstimate that our PM has at least a little bit of authority or at least influence over some justice system measures. 

Throwing pebbles at our PM, police, and everyone and anyone is a crime in Canada of course.  Our Crown chooses where and when to prosecute and investigate using the totality of the circumstances. If it wasn't serious enough and not worth an investigation, they will not investigate. Yes, even if there is a crime, they can choose whether or not to proceed.  If you're unfamiliar with the law, and you're thinking...  but wait, what if I got hit with a pebble and wanted some justice... as a citizen you can present a case to a Justice of the Peace to petition for investigation. 

This was a possibility that was expected. I don't think Trudeau or the folks protecting him gave two shits that someone tossed pebbles at him.  He understands that it shows how petty, pathetic, immature, and dumb extreme anti-Trudeau people are.   If he or anyone was hurt, that would be a different story.  
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    I guess there “is zero quid pro quo” is code for “we are beholden to them”. Who knew Trudeau was a codebreaker as well as able to spot the unvaccinated at a glance? Maybe he should be Emperor!

It’s cute how the latest investigation into the Liberals is given one paragraph at the end of the story, lol.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-elections-watchdog-gun-lobby-1.6168265

• Options
    I guess there “is zero quid pro quo” is code for “we are beholden to them”. Who knew Trudeau was a codebreaker as well as able to spot the unvaccinated at a glance? Maybe he should be Emperor!

It’s cute how the latest investigation into the Liberals is given one paragraph at the end of the story, lol.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-elections-watchdog-gun-lobby-1.6168265
    Lol.  boggles the mind. 

Headline:  "CONSERVATIVES ACCUSED OF CORRUPTION"
    Last paragraph: "liberals also accused of corruption" 

The never ending shit cycle of all parties is going to continue for ages. 

That said... And it's not necessarily to pat the back of Trudeau while slapping O'Toole...  in both this article and an interview I just watched with O'Toole... I get the impression that he's quite the flip flopper. The guns thing.. pretty obviously.  But I honestly think every time he is asked 'how are you paying for your platform promises?' he has the same assed backwards response:  

A: But look how much the Liberals spend!
    B: I'm going to fix the economy, get spending under control, and balance the budget in ten years!
    C: I'm giving a bunch of people money for social services and families. I'm going to help small businesses. I'm going to support public health care. I'm giving a GST break to all in December. 

Waiittttttt a minute.  Look, chief... pretty sure you can't have both B and C.  And honestly.. if he somehow could and maybe explain how.. I would vote for him. Promising me the impossible is like pissing in my ear and telling me it's raining. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    it really doesn't boggle the mind at all. it says "in an unrelated development". which means to me it was late breaking when they chose to run the original story. 

now, if we never hear anything from it again, I'll call it suspect. otherwise, this is nothing.....yet. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    O’Toole will pay for his plan the same mr. blackface and jughead will…on the nations credit card…lmfao.  I don’t need an accountant to bs me.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    and  if your voting liberal  since when did you care about the budget.  And the liberals reduced  sentences on gun crime … lmfao
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    and Ian’s if your voting since when did you care about the budget.  And the liberals sentences on gun crime … lmfao
    I don't even understand this garble. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I guess this gun conspiracy tactic will be constantly repeated in tonight’s debate, since gun crackdowns play well in Quebec.

I agree that O’Toole’s numbers don’t add up yet. There have been 75 costing analysis (100 requests) completed by the PBO thus far. 11 are for the Liberals and 2 for the NDP. It’ll be interesting to see how many of the remaining 62 fall. Supposedly the Conservative numbers will be released in advance of tonight’s debate.

Edited to add the link for the Conservative costing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-platform-costs-otoole-1.6168097
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

• Options
    Mr. Blackface and jughead have guns on the brain.

The gun violence is caused using illegal guns…

and Mr. Blackface doesn’t believe in prison for these criminals…

We are what 1.2 trillion in debt and half that was accumulated during Trudeau’s 6 years as our racist pm 
    …I’m not going to worry about a bunch of campaign nonsense and whether OkTool plan is perfectly up to snuff.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Debate’s been more than halfway decent so far, but sometimes I still want to que up Yakety Sax (the Benny Hill chase music by Boots Randolph), lol.

• Options
    it is kinda of hard to take this debate serious when foreign policy is not part of the debate…wtf.  

Was that a CBC decision?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Way to pay for your plan Cons…. We will help out a little now, but our promises don’t really kick in until 3 election cycles from now … so you have to keep us in power or you will never realize your wildest dreams….
    politicians and weather people, never held to accountability 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    it is kinda of hard to take this debate serious when foreign policy is not part of the debate…wtf.  

Was that a CBC decision?  
    At one point they referenced time running short, I think the final segment was supposed to include foreign policy but all they had was time for the free-for-all it seemed.

As usual, didn’t really learn anything, Jagmeet impressed me (if only he wasn’t running for the NDP, I could have seen possibly voting for his Liberal party, lol). Kind of funny watching Trudeau just go unhinged towards O’Toole at the end.

I hope I’m seeing the Liberals returning to be a potential vote for me after the departure of Trudeau (I’m not convinced he stays even if he wins another minority). It’s honestly not fun having the choice of Conservatives or abstain/spoil my ballot (I saw a sign for Darth Vader, I could vote for him or Daffy Duck, lol).

• Options
    CPC - 31
    NDP - 2
    LIB - 11

PBO’s number of estimates available, 56 to go. I’m hoping in the end the numbers are more or less even, but not expecting it.

• Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    “As usual, didn’t really learn anything, Jagmeet impressed me (if only he wasn’t running for the NDP, I could have seen possibly voting for his Liberal party, lol”

Vote for Singh, the Libs will steal and adopt the NDP’s ideas eventually anyway lol
    give them their chance (insanity voting Lib/Con parties over and over and expecting a change)
    I agree, hopefully Trudeau will be replaced within his own party 

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II