Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Linda Ward on Twitter: "Police and private security have arrived at Lamport Stadium. The city says they will be evicting the 14 to 17 people experiencing homelessness who live at this encampment https://t.co/TURYWMwt5o" / Twitter

Toronto is such a progressive caring city.  Look at the love...

Yup, this city, which is so progressive will vote for the corrupt Trudeau liberals...because they are PROGRESSIVE.

I'm embarrassed for this province...
    This is likely a poor path to go down but... here goes: 

How do you draw a parallel between Trudeau and the City of Toronto removing homeless people from municipal parks?  Are you suggesting that anyone who votes for Trudeau is a liberal snowflake 'progressive'?    Call me crazy, but one can be liberal and progressive and also agree that homeless people shouldn't be setting up tents in public parks.   
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    Too bad liberals did not hold themselves to the same standards that they expect of others...they are just hypocrites 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Linda Ward on Twitter: "Police and private security have arrived at Lamport Stadium. The city says they will be evicting the 14 to 17 people experiencing homelessness who live at this encampment https://t.co/TURYWMwt5o" / Twitter

Yup, this city, which is so progressive will vote for the corrupt Trudeau liberals...because they are PROGRESSIVE.

How do you draw a parallel between Trudeau and the City of Toronto removing homeless people from municipal parks?  Are you suggesting that anyone who votes for Trudeau is a liberal snowflake 'progressive'?    Call me crazy, but one can be liberal and progressive and also agree that homeless people shouldn't be setting up tents in public parks.   
    These same morons who vote for these idiot Toronto politicians will vote liberal....Toronto has no morals.

Where is the great liberal Adam Vaughn standing up against the Toronto politicians who authorized the BS...or any of the other Toronto area liberals?  Liberals are elites who only look out for themselves, they are more than happy to vote for Trudeau...he keeps them happy with the baby welfare checks...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Parksy said:

These same morons who vote for these idiot Toronto politicians will vote liberal....Toronto has no morals.

Where is the great liberal Adam Vaughn standing up against the Toronto politicians who authorized the BS...or any of the other Toronto area liberals?  Liberals are elites who only look out for themselves, they are more than happy to vote for Trudeau...he keeps them happy with the baby welfare checks...

Ahhhh I see .. yeah I'm done with ya bud. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    ‘It’s 2021, it’s not 1950:’ Women politicians in N.S. show support for Robyn Ingraham | Globalnews.ca

LMFAO.  Liberals also still like to tell people what they can do with their bodies...

All the political parties are the same.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/kaki385/status/1419407059208982528?s=21

I long for the days when Canada had real leadership…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    looks faked to me
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Parksy said:
    Does anyone here on these forums even really care about Canadian politics?

LOL…

i always wondered why canadians on here are so obsessed with American politics when their own country is such a mess in itself.  
    It's the same difference between watching the NFL (American Politics)  or the CFL  (Canadian Politics).  No matter how you slice it, football may be football..  but the NFL...   it's just so, so, so, so much more entertaining. 
    which is an interesting contrast, since the NFL game isn't better, just the production. much like US vs Canadian politics. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Parksy said:

LOL…

i always wondered why canadians on here are so obsessed with American politics when their own country is such a mess in itself.  
    It's the same difference between watching the NFL (American Politics)  or the CFL  (Canadian Politics).  No matter how you slice it, football may be football..  but the NFL...   it's just so, so, so, so much more entertaining. 
    which is an interesting contrast, since the NFL game isn't better, just the production. much like US vs Canadian politics. 
    I'll never understand why Canadian television has such poor production values. For so many reasons, the rules of CFL Football should make for more entertaining sport.  But... I dunno just about every other facet sucks.  The announcers are boring, the stadiums are boring, the music is lame, the hype is non existent, players are dull, uniforms are lack-lustre. 

My wife gets a chuckle every once in a while when I pick out what shows and events are Canadian and what aren't.  She's like "How did you know that was Canadian TV?"   "Welllll.... because it... kind of sucks."  That Schitt's Creek show I think has been an exception to the rule. And don't get me wrong, Trailer Park Boys and Letterkenny are wonderful.. but I think it's because they are very uniquely Canadian and not trying to be American. lol
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

LOL…

I'll never understand why Canadian television has such poor production values. For so many reasons, the rules of CFL Football should make for more entertaining sport.  But... I dunno just about every other facet sucks.  The announcers are boring, the stadiums are boring, the music is lame, the hype is non existent, players are dull, uniforms are lack-lustre. 

My wife gets a chuckle every once in a while when I pick out what shows and events are Canadian and what aren't.  She's like "How did you know that was Canadian TV?"   "Welllll.... because it... kind of sucks."  That Schitt's Creek show I think has been an exception to the rule. And don't get me wrong, Trailer Park Boys and Letterkenny are wonderful.. but I think it's because they are very uniquely Canadian and not trying to be American. lol
    answer: money
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

LOL…

One exception is NHL coverage. In the 90's I was stationed at Whidbey Island Washington in the Navy and our cable package included CBC. Their hockey coverage was stellar, while hockey coverage on ESPN and then Fox was way less so. The Canadian broadcast games didn't just follow the puck, they would show the winger slipping up the ice in preparation for a pass and anticipate plays before they would happen so that we could see them unfolding. ESPN and Fox zeroed in on the man with the puck and rarely showed the play developing beyond him.
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,184
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

LOL…

One exception is NHL coverage. In the 90's I was stationed at Whidbey Island Washington in the Navy and our cable package included CBC. Their hockey coverage was stellar, while hockey coverage on ESPN and then Fox was way less so. The Canadian broadcast games didn't just follow the puck, they would show the winger slipping up the ice in preparation for a pass and anticipate plays before they would happen so that we could see them unfolding. ESPN and Fox zeroed in on the man with the puck and rarely showed the play developing beyond him.
    What about the glowing puck effect Fox did for a bit? =)

OMG Mind Blown - Reaction GIFs
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    FiveBelow said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

LOL…

Not a fan.
  • Options
    FiveBelow said:
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

LOL…

that was kind of like watching a video game on tv
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Parksy said:
    Parksy said:

LOL…

True.  With hockey, we do well. :) Baseball as well now that I think about it. Dan Schulman, Pat Tabler, and the man, the myth, the legend Buck Martinez. There's something about hearing Buck talk about baseball that soothes my soul. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    NHL hockey coverage has gone to the shits in Canada ever since Toronto Sportsnet took over the NHL coverage.  Ron McClean is way best his best before date...he quite frankly sucks and is a shill for Sportsnet and the NHL...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
     So when is Mr. Blackface going to quit campaigning and call the election that only the racist, misogynist groper wants???
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    to say you're obsessed with this nonsense is an understatement. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I wonder if the 2 Micheals will get a vote in ballet so they can vote from that Chinese shithole that Trudeau and his senile buddy in the whitehouse seem content to let them rot in.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited July 2021
    Prime Minister O’Toole, Singh, Paul, Blanchet, or Bernier would fair no better… Canada has very little power in the world. They will not be coming home until the Huawei scandal is finished (China gets its way)

we are more dependent on their trade than they are from us and that is why we are not aggressively stirring things up.

if we were serious we would be placing trade sanctions and boycotting them, including the next precious Winter Olympics 

Post edited by erebus on
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options

• Options
    Canada needs to negotiate the 2 Micheals release by returning Meng back to China?  And give Biden and the US the finger while doing it.  The US doesn’t respect other countries so why should we cooperate with those assholes…

Skippy actually thought senile old biden would help…Biden can barely remember his own name.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    Canada needs to negotiate the 2 Micheals release by returning Meng back to China?  And give Biden and the US the finger while doing it.  The US doesn’t respect other countries so why should we cooperate with those assholes…

Skippy actually thought senile old biden would help…Biden can barely remember his own name.

be sure to stay on your side of the border, us being assholes and all.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    He forgets that we (Canada) are not a global power. For better or worse we are dependent on the U.S for many things. There are many great things and differences about Canada, but again, a global power we are not. There is nothing we can really back threats up with militarily or economically because we are just as dependent as our trading partners. 
    We are still trading heavily with China and supplying military equipment in the Middle East despite their human rights records (and we’re one to talk)
    Post edited by erebus on
  • Options
    Really.  We are not a global power.  Who fucking knew.  That’s a shocker.  Just because you are not a global power does not mean you need to be bullied by the US whenever it’s suits those dildoughs…

As far as I’m concerned give her back for the 2 Michaels…

you and I both know these are just trumped up charges.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Don’t you ever get tired of the US dragging Canada into her messes…

they dragged us into a 20 war in Afghanistan that was completely pointless…but you can bet they want our dollars spent to try a stabilize/rebuild
    the 2 Micheals
    Iraq...how many billions did we contribute to the rebuild cause
    The mess in syria

And it never stops.

If the US is such a great country maybe they should act responsibly...

They are the super power that has run over the world whenever they feel like it.

Oh, they throw a tizzy when Russia occupies Crimea.  What a joke the US is.  Oh, guess what, we got troops there as well. 

After the US and Saudia Arabia get done killing children in Yemen Canada will be expected to contribute to some sort of aid.

And for all the help we give these flag waving, national athem hugging clowns, they also tariffs on our goods whenever they fell like it...

And insist on keeping the border closed to none essential travel for fully vaccinated people even after we announced the opening to fully vaccinated people.

With friends like that, who needs enemies.

And whether any of us like it the Chinese buy our resources no question ask when relations were good...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options